Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
comfortable | comfortableness | comfortably
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Comfortable"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- A faithful wife is supposed to cooperate with her husband in fulfilling all material desires so that he can then become comfortable and execute spiritual activities for the perfection of life
- According to the instructions given by Rsabhadeva to His sons, we should not create a so-called comfortable situation, but must prepare to undergo austerity. This is how a human being should actually live to fulfill life's ultimate goal
- Actually our desire is that "There must be easygoing life. I shall not work very much. I shall live in a comfortable house in a secluded place and live peacefully." That is his desire
- After retirement everyone expects to live a very comfortable life in a well-furnished home decorated with fine ladies and children, without any desire to get out of such a comfortable home
- All planets in the material world - beginning from Brahmaloka down to the hellish planets - are unfit places for a devotee. padam padam yad vipadam na tesam. A place where there is danger at every step is certainly not a comfortable place
- Along with the restaurants there can be "Bhaktivedanta Reading Room'' where all my books can be kept and people can come and sit comfortably and read. The people will like these restaurants and reading rooms. They will take them as non-sectarian
- Although they (many students) come from very wealthy families, many of them accept living conditions that are not very comfortable
- An ideal householder should learn from the behavior of Lord Krsna how to rise early in the morning, however comfortably he may be lying in bed embraced by his wife
- Ananda cannot be impersonal. You can make experiment. Suppose if you are put into a big room without any man coming there, so you cannot feel very comfortable for long time. You will feel lonely. You shall try to come out
- As a Sannyasin, I should not fix up at a certain place and take your service comfortably. It is not the desire of Krishna
- As far as material necessities are concerned, the human civilization at the present moment is very much advanced in living comfortably, but still we are not happy, because we are missing the point
- Austerity means to accept voluntarily things which may not be very comfortable for the body but are conducive for spiritual realization
- Because people require a place to sit down comfortably and chant, then we must do the needful and accommodate them in the style they are accustomed
- Being properly received by Vyasadeva in his asrama and seated very comfortably, Narada Muni narrated the entire story of what he had heard from Narayana Rsi
- Body means misery. You cannot keep it comfortable. That is maya. It will never be comfortable, but they are all trying to make it comfortable. This is called maya
- By executing religious principles under the laws of varnasrama-dharma, one is placed in a comfortable position. One may very easily use his assets for the further advancement of Krsna consciousness
- His necks were bluish, as were His tongues. Thus Arjuna saw the Sesa Naga form, and he also saw that on the very soft, white body of Sesa Naga, Lord Maha-Visnu was lying very comfortably
- Hogs and dogs, they are always busy. So this human form of life is not meant for that purpose. Jivasya tattva-jijnasa. Earn money, but... Be comfortable, but utilize time - tattva-jijnasa, athato brahma jijnasa. That is your aim of life
- I am spirit soul. I am not feeling comfortable with this material body. Therefore the right conclusion is how to go to the spiritual world or attain a spiritual body. That information we are getting from Bhagavad-gita
- I am, lying down like this, comfortable
- I wasn't very much in comfortable situation. Still I had the strength of mind, and I continued to stay
- I will agree with you that we must not strain by having more devotees there than we can fit comfortably. Things must be done in such a way that no one feels inconvenienced
- I'm very much indebted to you that you have gone so far away from your own comfortable country for the service of Caitanya Mahaprabhu and this service will be appreciated by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- If a king, being afraid to meet rogues and thieves, kills poor animals and eats their flesh comfortably at home, he must lose his position
- If we study each and every living entity, we will find that he will defy offers of a more comfortable position. Although King Puranjana was attacked from all sides, he was unwilling to leave the city
- If you will permit me, I shall send some food to a brahmana's house, and there you may take prasadam. If you do so, I shall then live very comfortably
- Karma is the aggregate of fruitive activities conducted to make this body comfortable or uncomfortable
- Karmi is trying to go to the Svargaloka; jnanis want to go to the brahma-jyoti. The yogis also, they desire like that, because they do not feel very comfortable within this material world
- King Yudhisthira arranged for Krsna's rest and saw to it that all who came along with Him - namely His queens, soldiers, ministers and secretaries - were comfortably situated
- Krsna, Balarama and Uddhava offered him obeisances in turn and were offered appropriate sitting places. When all were comfortably seated, Akrura washed their feet and sprinkled the water on his head
- People are always busy how to live comfortably in this world. But they forget that one day will come, however secure and comfortable we may make our country or home, we will be kicked out: "Please get out immediately."
- Provide all the devotees and associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with comfortable residences, convenient eating facilities for prasadam and convenient visiting arrangements at the temple so that there will not be any difficulty
- Sadhu should never flatter kings or rich men to live comfortably at their cost
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "You are a householder; therefore without money you are in distress. But as soon as He (Krsna) understands your position, He will certainly give you sufficient riches so that you can live very comfortably"
- Take some regular income. Be comfortably situated. Advance in Krsna consciousness. Bas. That is happiness. In your whole life you'll never be disturbed for economic condition. That I am arranging
- The Ayurvedic system of eating is to decide how much you can comfortably eat, then take half of that amount, filling the remaining half one quarter with water and leaving one quarter for air
- The boy is supposed to lie down on the floor, collect alms for the spiritual master - not that they are trying very hard to make a comfortable material arrangement
- The Gosvamis, ideal. They left their comfortable position as ministers, went to Vrndavana, and became a mendicant
- The great sage Narada took a comfortable seat, & Krsna worshiped him with all paraphernalia, as required for the regular reception of a saintly person. While trying to satisfy Naradaji, Lord Krsna spoke the following words in His sweet and natural voice
- The injunction is, when you receive somebody, even if you are very poor man, you should offer the guests a comfortable seat and a glass of water. That is not expensive. You can offer anyone a seat: "Please come and sit down here and take a glass of water"
- The karmis, jnanis, and yogis, as well as the common politicians and anyone else who is working hard to make a comfortable and peaceful situation in this material world, must clearly realize that the world is transitory and full of misery
- The King of Bahula, although very comfortably situated in his palace, began to think the nights very long and distressing because of his separation from Krsna
- The Lord created this material world to enable the conditioned souls to learn how to perform yajnas (sacrifices) for the satisfaction of Visnu, so that while in the material world they can live very comfortably without anxiety
- The material world means bodily consciousness: how to keep the body in comfortable. But that is not possible. Body means misery. You cannot keep it comfortable
- The members of a demoniac civilization endeavor to make their living conditions very comfortable, but they cannot check death. The influence of the Sudarsana cakra will not allow their so-called material happiness to endure
- The queens continued, "Dear black cloud, we must admit frankly that to establish an intimate relationship with Syamasundara means to purchase unnecessary anxieties while we are otherwise comfortable at home"
- The so-called comfortable family position is compared to a dark well in a field. If one falls in a dark well covered by grass, his life is lost, despite his cry for rescue
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead welcomed Lord Siva and Uma with great respect, and after being seated comfortably, Lord Siva duly worshiped the Lord
- The whole universe, or for that matter all material existence, is moving on as jagat, simply for planning business to make one's position very comfortable or secure
- Their (the materialists') goal in life is to make the material body comfortable, but they forget the interest of the spirit soul
- There is a need of such vipras (good astrologers who could tell all the future history of a born child simply by the astral calculations) in the social structure, and it is the duty of the state to maintain them comfortably
- They also worshiped him with a suitable presentation of honey mixed with other ingredients. When Akrura was thus comfortably seated, Krsna and Balarama offered Him a cow in charity and then brought very palatable dishes, and Akrura accepted them
- They know how to live comfortably in the material world, but there is no spiritual information. Missing point. That is the defect of the Western civilization. They have got some vague idea of God, practically no idea
- This comfortable position of a devotee can be established by the mercy of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Even when a devotee is superficially put into great difficulty, he is never disturbed
- This is Kali-yuga, means "Plunder the citizens, take money from them, and live comfortably at the cost of the poor citizens."
- This material world is garbage. And still, we live so comfortably. Now just imagine what is His dhama. It is the garbage tank, still so nice. And just think what is His real place, Goloka Vrndavana
- Those who stay with us must be well behaved. From our side we will attend to their needs and make them comfortable, and from their side they must be clean and attend the aratis. Somehow or other they must be induced to take interest in spiritual life
- To give protection to women. That is not actually worshiping, but maintaining her comfortably, that is the duty of the man. But to worship woman as God, that is not very good proposal. Then he will be henpecked
- When Akrura finished eating, Balarama gave him betel nut and spices, as well as pulp of sandalwood, just to make him more pleased and comfortable
- When all the sages were comfortably seated, Lord Krsna, who descended for the protection of religion, began to address them on behalf of all the kings
- When the demons are killed by the presence of Nrsimha-deva, everyone feels comfortable, irrespective of the planet upon which he lives
- While the brahmana (Srutadeva) was thinking in this way, the guests finished their lunch and sat back very comfortably
- Yes, you may wear any clothing that you find comfortable; no, it is not very good to use yeast in preparing prasadam. It is better to prepare bread in the process as you have seen done in the temple
- You can spoil your energy for making this material world very comfortable or you may live for some years very comfortably, but cruel death will come and snatch from comfortable position and put you into another position which is beyond your control
- You have got nice costly car, then it drives very comfortably, but if you have got a less costly, cheap car, then you are not so comfortable. Similarly our comforts and discomforts are already settled as soon as you have got a particular type of body
- You may try to become very comfortable, good income, good bank balance, or nice wife, nice car, but one day it will come you'll be kicked out: "Please get out." Finished
- You will find at the time of death, in coma, his eye drops are coming out. He is thinking, "I made so many things so nicely to live comfortably, and now I am losing everything." Great distress
- You'll be kicked out after some days. You may try to become very comfortable, good income, good bank balance, or nice wife, nice car, but one day it will come you'll be kicked out. "Please get out." Finished