Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
comfort | comforted | comforting
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Comfort"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- A father’s and mother’s taking care of their children is not the cause of their comfort. Sometimes it is found that in spite of all care by the parents, the children go bad or succumb to death. Therefore material causes are not sufficient for results
- Although her position was unique from all points of view, saintly Devahuti, in spite of all her possessions, which were envied even by the ladies of the heavenly planets, gave up all such comforts. She was only sorry that her son was separated from her
- An ordinary family man who works very hard day and night and is successful in giving comforts to the members of his family thereby relishes a kind of mellow
- As soon as your body is manufactured, your standard of comfort and discomfort is also manufactured. In Bengal there is a proverb that yetha deoya bhange, kapala yabe sange: "Wherever you go, your fortune will go with you"
- At night we sleep or indulge in sex life, and in daytime we earn money. And as soon as we get money, we spend it for the comforts of the world. This is our business
- Eventually two brahmanas in the renounced order arrived from Bengal, and Madhavendra Puri, who liked them very much, kept them in Vrndavana and gave them all kinds of comforts
- Everyone desires comfort for his body and tries to make a suitable situation for this purpose, forgetting that the body is meant to be eaten by dogs, jackals or moths and thus turned into useless stool, ashes or earth
- Hearing the description of Raghunatha dasa's behavior in the renounced order, his father and mother were very unhappy. Therefore they decided to send Raghunatha some men with goods for his comfort
- High government officers and ministers stick to their prize posts until death, and they neither dream nor desire to get out of homely comforts. Bound by such hallucinations, materialistic men prepare various plans for a still more comfortable life
- His father even had five watchmen guard him day and night. Four personal servants were employed to look after his comfort, and two brahmanas were employed to cook for him
- Husband and wife, the wife is supposed to be the energy. The husband works day and night very hard, but when he comes home, the wife gives him comfort, eating, sleeping, mating, in so many ways. He gets fresh energy
- I am feeling no more headaches nor any severe buzzing sound - but still some buzzing is going on. After all it is a broken house and I cannot expect all the comforts of a newly built house in an old broken residence
- If you do not be satisfied by the natural comforts offered by God, or nature, if you want to create artificial comfort, then you have to create another discomfort for counteracting. They do not know that
- In modern politics the post of monarch has been abolished, and the president is not held responsible for the comforts of the citizens
- It is everyone's duty to see that his fellow citizens and the cows are not put into difficulty. One should see to the peace and comfort of his fellow man and the animals
- Man is meant for hard working, and woman is meant for homely comfort, love. So both of them, if they are situated in their respective duties under proper training, then this combination will help them to make progress in spiritual life
- My students are so nicely trained that they can even lie down on the street. But it is my duty to see to their comforts as far as possible
- Simply by administering comforts at the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna), which is the most important of all services, the queens at Dvaraka, headed by Satyabhama, induced the Lord to conquer the demigods
- Such persons are described in the Vedic literature as suicidal, because attachment for the material body, its comforts forces the living entity to wander through the process of birth & death perpetually & suffer the material pangs as a matter of course
- Such responsibility was there during the time of Ramacandra. As we have explained in the First Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, the king was so responsible for the comforts of the citizens that he was to see that there was not even excessive heat or cold
- The brahmanas were very much interested in the comforts of the material body and in elevation to the higher planetary residences called svarga-vasa. They were therefore completely unable to understand the position of Krsna
- The castle (created by Kardama Muni) had pleasure grounds, resting chambers, bedrooms and inner and outer yards designed with an eye to comfort. All this caused astonishment to the sage himself
- The executive head of a state must be very intelligent to see to the comforts of the citizens, but according to the brahmana the King was not at all intelligent, although he was occupying the royal throne
- The first qualification is kind. Just like these sannyasis. Our Rupanuga Gosvami. He has got a nice child, wife, nice wife. But, being kind to the humanity, he has accepted sannyasa. This is kindness. No homely comfort. This is kindness
- The Gurudeva said, "Everyone likes to take care of his body as the first consideration, but you are so good and faithful to your guru that without caring for bodily comforts you have taken so much trouble for me"
- The man is working very hard. When he comes home, if the wife supplies him good foodstuff and nice comfort and sex, then the home becomes very happy. That is practical experience
- The material qualities are three, namely goodness, passion and ignorance. When one is placed into the mixed material qualities of passion and ignorance, various kinds of greed and lusty desires impel him to try to find comfort in this material world
- The real necessity of life is to supply the comforts of the soul. And the soul can be comforted not by material adjustment. Because soul is a different identity, the soul must be given spiritual food. That spiritual food is this Krsna consciousness
- The same comfort and discomfort is in this cottage. But if I think, "Now I am in the France palace, or Bhaktivedanta Manor palace. I am happy," that is foolishness
- The standard of comfort and happiness conceived by a common man engaged in material labor is the lowest grade of happiness, for it is in relationship with the body
- The tract of land known as Bharata-varsa is the field of activities, and the other eight varsas (on Jambudvipa) are for persons who are meant to enjoy heavenly comfort
- The Vedas said, "As such, Your devotees who have left their domestic comforts to associate with the liberated acaryas (teachers) are now fully merged in the devotional service of Your Lordship, and thus they do not care for any so-called liberation"
- The Vedas, therefore, give us a chance for escape by pointing out the paths of religion, economic comfort, regulated sense gratification and, at last, the means to get out of the miserable condition entirely
- The woman is known as his better half, so if she looks after the comfort of the man, a man is working and she is looking after the comfort, then both will be satisfied and their spiritual life will progress
- There is no need of machines and tools or huge steel plants for artificially creating comforts of life
- This request indicates that persons who are attached to fruitive activities, desiring promotion to the comforts of higher planetary systems, cannot achieve their ultimate goal of life without the sanction of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- We don't want monkey renouncement; we want real renouncement. We don't use anything for my personal comfort; everything for Krsna. That is called renouncement
- We should save time (in New Mayapura), as much for this purpose, for chanting, discussing grantha. Not for any personal so-called comforts
- We spend for God. We are servant of God. We want to see God gorgeously situated, and for us we have no comforts, we don't care for any comfort
- When you become Krsnized, then you'll get more comfort than at the present moment. That's a fact. I am living alone for the last twenty years, but I have no difficulty
- Without considering his personal comforts, Madhavendra Puri carried one maund (about eighty-two pounds) of sandalwood and twenty tolas (about eight ounces) of camphor to smear over the body of Gopala. This transcendental pleasure was sufficient for him