Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
chastise | chastised | chastisement | chastisements | chastiser | chastisers | chastises | chastising | chastized
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Admonishing Krsna (1 C)
- ► Krsna's Chastisement (2 C, 32 P)
- ► My being Chastised (Prabhupada) (4 P)
- ► Slap (2 C, 22 P)
Pages in category "Chastisement"
The following 112 pages are in this category, out of 112 total.
- Chastiser of the enemy
- Spiritual master and chastisement
- Srila Narada Muni chastised Vyasadeva for compiling so many Vedic supplementary scriptures, which are all intended for guiding the people in general. Narada Muni condemned these scriptures because they do not mention direct devotional service
- A devotee engaged in chanting the holy name of the Lord should practice forbearance like that of a tree. Even if rebuked or chastised, he should not say anything to others to retaliate
- A great mystic yogi, Durvasa Muni, offended the great devotee Ambarisa Maharaja. The sage Durvasa was to be chastised by the Sudarsana cakra of the Lord. Even though the great mystic directly approached the Lord, he was never excused
- A king may engage a joker, and in the process of joking, the king is sometimes insulted. The king, however, enjoys these activities. Everyone worships the Supreme Lord with great reverence; therefore the Lord sometimes wants to enjoy the chastisement
- A son is never dissatisfied when father chastises
- A spiritual master is always in the superior position, so he has the right to chastise his disciple in this way
- According to political science, a king sometimes tries to pacify his subordinates, sometimes chastises them, sometimes derides them and sometimes rewards them. In this way the king rules his subordinates
- Actually Maharaja Ambarisa was not at all at fault; Durvasa Muni unnecessarily wanted to chastise him on flimsy grounds
- After all the devotees saw this example (the chastisement of Junior Haridas), a mentality of fear grew among them. Therefore they all stopped talking with women, even in dreams
- After seeing the deficiency of realization in Romaharsana Suta, Lord Balarama decided to chastise him for being puffed up
- All the members of the assembly who had heard the challenge were greatly agitated, and they got up, making a tumultuous sound. Hiranya and Govardhana Majumadara both immediately chastised the brahmana tax collector
- An administrative head or king like Maharaja Pariksit, with full majestic authority, well equipped with weapons to chastise miscreants, can challenge the agents of the age of Kali. Then only will it be possible to counteract the degraded age
- An affectionate father does not like his children to be chastised by another agent, yet he puts his disobedient children under the custody of a severe man just to bring them to order
- Another incident in the life of Pundarika Vidyanidhi involves his criticizing the priest of the Jagannatha temple, for which Jagannatha Prabhu chastised him personally by slapping his cheeks
- As such, they sometimes bear weapons so that they can chastise any mischievous persons who want to do harm to Krsna
- Because he (the conditioned soul) has this wrong conception of life, he is subjected to dualities like praise and chastisement
- Becoming materially and financially embarrassed, the conditioned soul unnecessarily chastises his family. In the material condition there are four principal needs, out of which sleep is compared to a python
- Being obsessed with anger, Hiranyakasipu, who was very great in bodily strength, thus chastised his exalted devotee-son Prahlada with harsh words
- Damodara Pandita would verbally chastise every devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu whom he found deviating even slightly from proper behavior. Thus he established the standard etiquette
- Damodara Pandita, the tenth branch of the Caitanya tree, was so elevated in love of Lord Caitanya that he once unhesitatingly chastised the Lord with strong words
- Day after day, with great difficulty, they (those who are not Krsna conscious) try to secure such women (debauched women), and sometimes, while trying to taste this kind of honey, one is attacked by a woman's kinsmen and chastised very heavily
- Due to a greater sense of intimacy, the devotee functioning in parental love chastises and rebukes the Lord in an ordinary way
- Every day, the Muslim would chastise Raghunatha dasa and tell him, "Bring your father and his elder brother. Otherwise you will be punished"
- Everyone worships God: "My Lord, my Lord, my Lord." So therefore God sometimes wants that "Who will chastise Me?"
- Everyone worships the Supreme Lord with great reverence; therefore the Lord sometimes wants to enjoy the chastisement of His devotees
- Having said this, Lord Nityananda stood up and left in an angry mood. To chastise Ramacandra Khan, He did not even stay in that village
- He (Dvivida) was so puffed up that he thought Balarama could not do anything to chastise him, and he continued to offend Balaramaji and His companions
- He (Yamaraja) brings them (the conditioned souls) to the hellish planets and properly chastises them to bring them back to Krsna consciousness. By the influence of maya, however, the conditioned souls remain infatuated with the mode of ignorance
- Hearing this, Sanatana Gosvami chastised his servant, saying, "Why have you brought this death knell with you"
- Hiranyakasipu chastised the teachers for having wrongly trained Prahlada Maharaja
- I have got a sister. She is three years younger than me. So sometimes I chastise her like anything, because we have the same feeling. She is younger. Seventy-seven years, younger sister. But the feeling is there, younger
- I have simply described the chastisement of Gopinatha Pattanayaka and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's indifference. But the deep meaning of this behavior is very difficult to understand
- If by chance, by inattentiveness, one does something wrong, he should not be considered as enemy. He's careless. He should be chastised, but not... Even if he's enemy, he's not subjected to being killed
- In the Twelfth Chapter are descriptions of how Jagadananda Pandita broke a pot of oil and how Lord Nityananda chastised Sivananda Sena
- In this way I have described Damodara Pandita’s verbal chastisements. As one hears about this, atheistic principles and ignorance depart
- Indeed, the caudhuri was afraid of Raghunatha dasa because Raghunatha dasa belonged to the kayastha community. Although the caudhuri would chastise him with oral vibrations, he was afraid to beat him
- Indra said, "The father, the spiritual master and the supreme executive officer of the state are always well-wishers of their sons, their students and their citizens respectively. As such, the well-wishers have the right to chastise their dependents"
- It is said that necessity knows no law. When the conditioned soul needs money to acquire life's bare necessities, he adopts any means. He begs, borrows or steals. Instead of receiving these things, he is insulted and chastised
- Later in the Caitanya-caritamrta I shall describe this incident of chastisement in detail. The Lord, being very much satisfied by this chastisement, sent Damodara Pandita to Navadvipa
- Let me offer my obeisances unto the angry Lord Siva, who is simultaneously the very ferocious great demigod and the fulfiller of all material desires. He is all-auspicious and forgiving, but his anger can immediately move him to chastise
- Lord Balarama considered, "I have appeared in order to chastise false persons who are internally impure but externally pose themselves as very learned and religious. My killing of such persons is proper, to check them from further sinful activity"
- Lord Brahma chastised the demigods for not properly respecting this brahmana (Brhaspati), who was their guru. Lord Brahma wanted to impress upon the demigods that one's guru should not be disrespected under any circumstances
- Maharaja Vena went astray from the path of righteousness, and the brahmanas chastised him by the thunderbolt curse. By this King Vena was burnt with his good deeds and opulence and was en route to hell
- Many ksatriya kings fled from India to other parts of the world at that time, and according to the authority of the Mahabharata, the kings of Egypt originally migrated from India because of Parasurama's program of chastisement
- Maya has no powers. Krsna has given her power to chastise these individual souls who are defying the authority of Krsna. They should be punished. It is Maya's thankless task, but Maya is obedient servant of Krsna
- My dear Lord, Your chastising me is Your causeless mercy. Who within the three worlds can understand Your real character
- Once Narada became angry with the two sons of Kuvera, Nalakuvara and Manigriva, and he chastised them by turning them into trees. The result was that later they were liberated by Lord Sri Krsna
- One should not chastise anyone before the Deity
- Only when a conditioned soul accepts the body as himself does he feel the effects of chastisement or praise. Then he determines one person to be his enemy and another his friend and wants to chastise the enemy and welcome the friend
- Other symptoms are, exhibiting yellowishness at the corner of the eyes, and exhibiting trembling lips. Sometimes the eyes turn red, and sometimes they fade. And there is sometimes chastisement and silence
- Since bhakti is unconditional (ahaituky apratihata), Prahlada Maharaja was never disturbed by the chastisements of Hiranyakasipu
- Since Hiranyakasipu was now inclined to chastise his most exalted devotee son, Prahlada Maharaja, his opulences began dwindling
- So this world at the present moment at least, it is a fool's paradise. Nobody is learned. Because everyone is working under the bodily concept of life. This is chastise
- Sometimes the conditioned soul is very aggrieved by the chastisement of his enemies and government servants, who use harsh words against him directly or indirectly. At that time his heart and ears become very saddened
- Sometimes, in order to have a little insignificant sex enjoyment, one searches after debauched women. In this attempt, one is insulted and chastised by the women's kinsmen. This is like going to take honey from a beehive and being attacked by the bees
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "What to speak of spiritual advancement - all the people will blaspheme Me. And what to speak of all the people - Damodara would chastise Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu inquired, "Why is the King chastising him?" Thereupon the people described the entire incident
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied to Prakasananda Sarasvati, "My dear sir, kindly hear the reason. My spiritual master considered Me a fool, and therefore he chastised Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the ocean of mercy, chastised Junior Haridasa, although Junior Haridasa was His dear devotee, to establish that one in the devotional line, engaged in pure devotional service, should not be a hypocrite
- Srila Vyasadeva had written the karma-kanda and jnana-kanda sections of the Vedas, but he had not written about upasana-kanda, or bhakti. Thus his spiritual master, Narada, chastised him
- State fathers must follow the principles of becoming wiser by devotion to the Lord, by chastising the breaker of discipline and by uprooting the symptoms of quarrel
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "At first they were planning to chastise their sons for stealing butter, but as soon as the sons came before their eyes, they lost all of their angry attitudes and became overwhelmed with affection"
- Summarizing this chapter (the Chastisement of Junior Haridasa), Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura says that one should derive from it the following lessons...
- That night Lord Nityananda appeared to me in a dream because of my good quality in chastising my brother
- The brahmana is meant for giving good intelligence. The vaisyas are meant for maintaining the economic condition. So as the government maintains the force, military police, their business is to chastise
- The conditioned soul considers his body to be his self and considers everything in relationship with the body to be his. Because he has this wrong conception of life, he is subjected to dualities like praise and chastisement
- The conditioned soul is sometimes attracted to the little happiness derived from sense gratification. Thus he has illicit sex or steals another's property. At such a time he may be arrested by the government or chastised by the woman's husband
- The government chastises one due to not paying income taxes. Such criticism, direct or indirect, saddens one, and sometimes the conditioned soul tries to counteract that chastisement. Unfortunately, he cannot do anything
- The ksatriya king is considered to be the representative of God to give protection to the helpless and chastise the miscreants
- The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns. Similarly, He accepts the reproaches of His fiancees more palatably than the Vedic hymns
- The mother nature, therefore chastises her disobedient sons in order to bring them to the right path of fulfilling the plan of Godhead. This process of chastisement is necessary for the benefit of both the asuras and the gods alike
- The next time I see someone performing such sankirtana, I shall certainly chastise him by not only confiscating all his property but also converting him into a Muslim
- The parents of the Lord (who are all pure devotees) consider Him a child only. The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns
- The priest named Balarama Acarya also chastised Gopala Cakravarti. "You are a foolish logician. What do you know about the devotional service of the Lord"
- The pure devotees are always protected by the club of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore Lord Brahma and I and even the time factor are not competent to chastise them
- The restless heroine sometimes chastises her lover with cruel words, sometimes pulls his ear and sometimes binds him with a flower garland
- The strong bodily desires and needs of a person disturbed by hunger and thirst are certainly satisfied when he eats. Similarly, if one becomes very angry, that anger is satisfied by chastisement and its reaction
- The supreme duty of the ruling king is to give all protection to law-abiding persons and to chastise those who stray from the ordinances of the scriptures in ordinary times, when there is no emergency
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, therefore advised the cowherd men to stop the Indra-yajna and begin the Govardhana-puja in order to chastise Indra, who was very much puffed up at being the supreme controller of the heavenly planets
- The wife and children are naturally dependent on the father, but the father, being unable to maintain the family properly, becomes mentally distressed and therefore chastises the family members unnecessarily
- This child (Pariksit) will be the father of kings who will be like sages. For world peace and for the sake of religion, he will be the chastiser of the upstarts and the quarrelsome
- Those who are averse to taste the honey in Krsna consciousness, they are rogues. They are rogues. And the Yamaraja is advising, "Go there. Bring them here, and I shall chastise them nicely." That is Yamaraja
- When a sadhu chastises or punishes someone, he does not do so for revenge
- When all the animals fled, the hunter wanted to chastise Narada with abusive language, but due to Narada's presence, he could not utter anything abusive
- When King Saryati suddenly saw that his daughter had accepted someone else, even though the man was young and handsome, he immediately chastised her as asati, unchaste, because he assumed that she had accepted another man in the presence of her husband
- When Maharaja Pariksit was ruling the world as the King of Bharata-varsa, he chastised the personality of Kali. According to revealed scriptures and astrological calculation, the age of Kali is in its five thousandth year
- When Stokakrsna, one of the many friends of Krsna, was fighting with Him, his father chastised him for fighting with Krsna, who was the life and soul of all residents of Vrndavana. Upon hearing these chastisements, Stokakrsna stopped his fighting
- When the Bengali poet heard this chastisement from Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, he was ashamed, fearful and astonished. Indeed, being like a duck in a society of white swans, he could not say anything
- When the servants fell down before the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune, they almost fell unconscious. They were chastised and made the butt of jokes and loose language
- Why does Providence continue the life of one who does not wish to live? This thought aroused anger and lamentation in Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who then recited a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam that chastises Providence and makes an accusation against Krsna
- Wise kings can become chastisers of upstarts and uprooters of Kali, or quarrelsome elements
- Yamaraja brings violators to the hellish planets and properly chastises them to bring them back to Krsna consciousness. By the influence of maya, however, the conditioned souls remain infatuated with the mode of ignorance
- You can do whatever I cannot. Indeed, you can chastise even Me, what to speak of others