Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
rebuke | rebuked | rebukes | rebuking
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Rebuke"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- A devotee engaged in chanting the holy name of the Lord should practice forbearance like that of a tree. Even if rebuked or chastised, he should not say anything to others to retaliate
- Although he was falsely proud of being a king, King Rahugana was not really situated in knowledge. Therefore he was rebuking the palanquin carriers, including the self-realized brahmana, Jada Bharata
- Although rebuked and cursed by his spiritual master, Bali Maharaja, being fixed in his vow, did not give up his truthfulness
- Although they (the gopis) were depressed by the words of Krsna, they did not like to use harsh words against Him. Yet they wanted to rebuke Krsna for His unkind words, and therefore they began to speak in faltering voices
- Arya-samaja does not mean to become rascal and fool and deny the existence of God. No. That is Anarya. Just like Krsna rebuked Arjuna: anarya-justa. "You are talking like anarya"
- He (Kalayavana) rebuked Him with the following words, "O Krsna! I heard that You are a great hero born in the dynasty of Yadu, but I see that You are running away from fighting, like a coward. It is not worthy of Your good name and family tradition"
- Hiranyakasipu was extremely angry and wanted to rebuke his son for deriding his teacher or spiritual master, who had been born in the brahmana family of the great acarya Sukracarya
- I decided that Sanatana had spoken very well. I was certainly being followed by a large crowd, and when people would see so many men, they would surely rebuke Me, saying, 'Here is another imposter'
- In the Padyavali of Rupa Gosvami it is stated that when the gopis hear the sound of Krsna's flute, they immediately forget all rebukes offered by the elderly members of their families
- Kamsa once rebuked Akrura by saying, "You are such a fool that you are accepting the Supreme Personality of Godhead to be a cowherd boy, simply because He has defeated some harmless water snake!"
- Kamsa was so cruel that he did not listen to the pitiful prayers of his sister Devaki. He forcibly grabbed the newborn child to rebuke his sister and attempted to dash her on the stone mercilessly
- King Rahugana was not really situated in knowledge. Therefore he was rebuking the palanquin carriers, including the self-realized brahmana, Jada Bharata
- Knowing this, Sri Ramadasa felt unhappy in his mind. I then rebuked my brother
- One may know that sinful activity is injurious for him because he actually sees that a criminal is punished by the government and rebuked by people in general
- Ordinarily if a child is rebuked as a rascal or fool, he smiles and does not take such insulting words very seriously. Similarly, if words of honor are offered, he does not appreciate them
- Rohinidevi rebuked Mother Yasoda, "You may be very expert in giving lessons to your son by binding Him (Krsna) with rope, but don't you look to see if your son is in a dangerous spot? The trees are falling on the ground, and He is simply loitering there"
- Rupa Gosvami states that when the gopis hear the sound of Krsna's flute, they immediately forget all rebukes offered by the elderly members of their families. They forget their defamation and the harsh behavior of their husbands
- The bumblebee is very much favored by Krishna and Radharani. Sometimes the bumblebee is taken as a messenger by Radharani and she rebukes the bumblebee because the bumblebee is blackish and Krishna is also blackish
- The first sporting took place between Advaita Acarya and Nityananda Prabhu, who threw water upon each other. Advaita Acarya was defeated, and He later began to rebuke Nityananda Prabhu, calling Him ill names
- The Supreme Lord cannot have any enemy, nor can a so-called enemy harm Him because He is ajita, or unconquerable. But still He takes pleasure when His pure devotee beats Him like an enemy or rebukes Him from a superior position
- The whole neighborhood proceeded immediately towards the place where the accident took place, and Rohinidevi took the opportunity to rebuke Mother Yasoda as follows
- When Krsna had been brought to Mathura, mother Yasoda, being very anxious and angry, began to rebuke the King of Mathura
- When Lord Nityananda Prabhu rebuked Sivananda Sena on the way to Puri, these two nephews of Sivananda left the company as a protest and went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Jagannatha Puri
- When Uddhava was leaving Vrndavana, some of the elderly gopis rebuked him as follows: "O son of Gandini, your cruelty is defaming the dynasty of King Yadu. You are taking Krsna away, keeping us in such pitiable condition without Him"