burden | burdened | burdening | burdenless | burdens | burdensome
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Burden"
The following 158 pages are in this category, out of 158 total.
- A man may carry a burden on his head, and when he feels it to be too heavy, he sometimes gives relief to his head by putting the burden on his shoulder. In this way he tries to relieve himself of the burden
- A person in the renounced order may beg but not cook. His begging should not be a burden for the householders
- Abiding by the laws of government, there is no such question to harass you. There is no... You live peacefully. This is the process going on. And bhu-bharah, when people become irreligious, not abiding by the laws of God, then it becomes burdensome
- After the end of the Battle of Kuruksetra, the Lord said: The abatement of the earth's great burden, eighteen aksauhinis, has now been effected with the help of Drona, Bhisma, Arjuna and Bhima. But what is this?
- Akrura continued, "You (Krsna) have advented Yourself to minimize the burden of the world, and to fulfill this mission You have glorified the dynasty of Yadu by appearing as one of its members"
- Akrura thinks, "Since the Lord has now appeared to diminish the great burden of the world and is now visible to everyone's eyes in His personal transcendental body, when we see Him before us, is that not the ultimate perfection of our eyes?'
- All glories to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who appeared on this planet to deliver the world from the burden of demons, and who can offer liberation to everyone
- Although Indra was so powerful that he could neutralize the sinful reactions for killing a brahmana, he repentantly accepted the burden of these reactions with folded hands
- Although their offense was not very severe, he killed them to lessen the burden of the world
- Although there may be a great increase in population on the surface of the earth, if the people are exactly in line with God consciousness and are not miscreants, such a burden on the earth is a source of pleasure for her
- And if the desire for fame and reputation pollutes my heart, certainly I shall go to hell. By giving others the remnants of my food, I shall consider myself superior and shall be burdened with the weight of false pride
- As a pure devotee of the Lord (Krsna), Arjuna agreed to fight in preference to his own decision, and thus Arjuna fought to assist the Lord in His mission of diminishing the burden of the world
- As a result of fruitive activities, we have thus been subjected to being beasts of burden for these bodies, & being forced by conditioned life, we have given up the pleasing life of Krsna consciousness. Now we realize that we are the most foolish persons
- As confirmed in BG, the miscreants who are simply concerned with material enjoyment, who work very hard like beasts of burden, can hardly know the Personality of Godhead at any stage due to asurika-bhava, or a spirit of revolt against the Supreme Lord
- As soon as the ruling class becomes irresponsible in regard to the religious principles, it becomes a burden on the earth
- As stated here (in SB 9.15.15), rajas-tamo-vrtam, bharam abrahmanyam: when the ruling class is influenced by the lower modes of nature, namely ignorance and passion, it becomes a burden to the world and must then be annihilated by superior power
- Baladeva is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. One who hears and chants about Him is purified. Because He is always the well-wisher of all living entities, He has descended with all His paraphernalia to purify the entire world and lessen its burden
- Because Krsna had caught the demon's neck, the demon (Trnavarta) was unable to throw Him off. He therefore thought of the child as wonderful, since he could neither bear the child nor cast aside the burden - SB 10.7.27
- By giving others the remnants of my food, I (Baktivinoda Thakura) shall consider myself superior and shall be burdened with the weight of false pride. Therefore, always remaining your surrendered disciple, I shall not accept worship from anyone else
- Caitanya said, You (Vasudeva Datta) do not even have to take up the burden of their sinful activities. Thus there is no need for you to suffer for their sinful lives. Whoever receives your compassion becomes a Vaisnava immediately
- Consequently, by the arrangement of God, such demons, who possess great military strength, fight with one another, and thus the great burden of demons on the surface of the earth is reduced
- Dancing is very good. The more you dance, the more you become light; means the burden of material contamination becomes reduced. Dancing is so nice. Even if you don't feel ecstasy, if you dance by force, that will also help us
- Devaki said, "You (Krsna) have descended on the earth to minimize the burden of the world by killing such miscreant rulers"
- Dhrtarastra could realize two opposing factors acting before him. He could understand that Krsna was there to remove all the unnecessary burdens of the world. His sons were an unnecessary burden, and so he expected that they would be killed
- Dhrtarastra replied, "I can understand only that no one can stop the onward progress of the supreme will. I understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has appeared in the family of the Yadus to decrease the burdensome load on this earth"
- Duryodhana had been put into illusion by the supreme will of Lord Krsna, and this was the beginning of the enmity between the two sects of the Kuru dynasty. This appeared to be a part of Krsna's plan in His mission to decrease the burden of the world
- Even mother Ganges feared the sinful reactions of the people in general and was anxious about how she would counteract the burden of these sins
- Everyone, grhastha, can come and place one musti attar. That is not difficult for him. He has got children, family. He is consuming five kilos of attar daily. Out of that, little, if it is put into the temple, he does not feel any burden
- Extra burdens are placed on the body in the form of anxiety and general deterioration of the bodily functions
- I have appointed this GBC body to relieve me from the burden of administration, so I may concentrate on my writing and translation of books
- I want that the GBC should relieve me of this management burden and in the future, all such questions should be taken up with the local GBC member
- If a liberal king like Prthu Maharaja does not follow the instructions of brahmanas and Vaisnavas or does not follow the brahminical culture, he is simply a burden on the state, for he cannot benefit the citizens
- If immigration Visa's burdensome for the Society, then don't take the risk. I think to get immigration Visa is very difficult and therefore you may not unnecessarily involve the society in it
- If people become irreligious or not spiritual, the burden of the world becomes heavier, unbearable
- If we want to create burden for future, then we may give up this hearing and chanting and sleep very nicely
- If you relieve me of the burden of management, that will be a very great service to Krsna and the movement. See that everything is going on nicely. With great endeavor we have made the framework, now we have to see that things are going on nicely
- In a direct relationship of conjugal love, there is laughter, astonishment, chivalry, lamentation, anger and dread, but there is no ghastliness. These expressions are considered to be the great reservoirs of pleasure
- In Krsna Consciousness the wife is never a burden, but she is completely a counterpart. So set example to your countrymen how younger generation can live peacefully, husband and wife, being engaged in Krsna's service
- In our Krsna consciousness movement we have fixed sixteen rounds as the minimum so that the Westerners will not feel burdened. These sixteen rounds must be chanted, and chanted loudly, so that one can hear himself and others
- In the absence of such burdensome objects (the burden of the husband on the young wife, the burden of the child on the mother's lap), one may feel the burden of separation, which is heavier to bear than the actual burden of love
- In the nineteenth and twentieth incarnations, the Lord advented Himself as Lord Sri Balarama and Lord Sri Krsna in the family of Vrsni (the Yadu dynasty), and by doing so He removed the burden of the world
- In this age the human being is actually engaged in the work of an ass, carrying heavy burdens and driving thela and rickshaws
- In this way Madhavendra Puri started for Vrndavana with the burden of sandalwood, and after some days he again reached the village of Remuna and the Gopinatha temple there
- In Vedic civilization, childbirth or pregnancy is never regarded as a burden; rather, it is a cause for jubilation
- Indeed, You diminished this burden formerly by incarnating in the form of a fish, a horse (Hayagriva), a tortoise, a lion (Lord Nrsimha), a boar (Lord Varaha) and a swan
- Indra said, "You (Krsna) appear in this world to give protection to Your eternal servants and to destroy the demons who maintain great military strength just to burden the very existence of the earth. As I am Your eternal servant, kindly excuse me"
- It has already been discussed that mother earth implored Lord Brahma to give her relief from the distress created by the burdensome demons and that Lord Brahma informed her that Lord Krsna Himself was going to appear
- It will be very nice if you GBC men can relieve me from the heavy burden of management
- Krsna appeared for the mission of diminishing the burden of the world, & Arjuna was assisting Him by fighting on His behalf. Arjuna personally declined to fight, & the whole instruction of the Bhagavad-gita was given to Arjuna to engage him in the fight
- Krsna has appeared by His name, in the Hare Krsna movement, which will certainly diminish the burden of the world
- Krsna, who was within her womb, was to appear not only to diminish the burden of the world but specifically to protect the interests of the Yadu dynasty, and certainly to protect Devaki and Vasudeva
- Let this couple first of all legally marry. After that we bless them by observing a fire ceremony. It is not necessary to burden me with these matters. Please consult with the local GBC
- Lord Krsna and Balarama appeared on this earth to lessen the burden of military strength created by the ambitious ksatriya kings. This is the way of materialistic life: not being satisfied by the absolute necessities of life
- Lord Krsna cannot be accepted as one of the human beings, even though He played the role of an obedient son. His actions were so extraordinary that by the simple raising of His eyebrows He could deliver death-blows to those who were burdening the earth
- Lord Krsna replied, "The large number of soldiers he was maintaining became a burden on this earth, & I have killed them all to minimize the burden. Now he has four remaining arms, and he will remain immortal, unaffected by material pains and pleasures"
- Lord Visnu continued, "I have been expecting to see you both at this palace. You have appeared in the material world as My incarnations in order to minimize the force of the demoniac persons who burden the world"
- Many beasts of burden like bulls, buffalo, mules and asses carried the camps, bedding and carpets, and the women who followed were seated in separate palanquins on the backs of camels
- Most often, those who work very hard day and night to clear the burden of self-created duties say that they have no time to hear of the immortality of the living being. BG 1972 purports
- My blessings are there that you may always have the strength to act according to my orders. Yes, I am feeling a little better. You are welcome to come in January. Thank you for your wanting to help relieve me from the management burdens
- My dear lord (Siva), you have given me (Banasura) one thousand arms, but I do not know what to do with them. They are simply a burden; I cannot use them properly in fighting, since I cannot find anyone competent to fight with me except your lordship
- My directions were not followed and now this is becoming a very burdensome situation unnecessarily. Why should we sacrifice the reputation of our Movement for one boy?
- Narayana had come as Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, with the purpose of delivering suffering humanity from the pangs of material burdens. In other words, Narayana Rsi was now present in the world in the forms of Krsna and Arjuna
- Now the question is why the Lord, who is omnipotent, comes here to diminish the burden created upon the world by the unscrupulous kingly order
- O King, as in the ocean the bigger & stronger aquatics swallow up the smaller & weaker ones, so also the Supreme P of G, to lighten the burden of the earth, has engaged the stronger Yadu to kill the weaker, & the bigger Yadu to kill the smaller
- O Lord (Visnu), we (the demigods) are fortunate because the heavy burden of the demons upon this earth is immediately removed by Your appearance - SB 10.2.38
- O Lord of the universe, best of the Yadu dynasty, we are offering our prayers unto You mainly to diminish the heavy burden of the universe
- Once the great saint Narada approached Kamsa and informed him of how the demoniac persons who were a great burden on the earth were going to be killed. Thus Kamsa was placed into great fear and doubt - SB 10.1.64
- One cannot bear the so much burden. Still he's loaded with so much burden. That is klisyamananam. If you, if you can bear some load, that's all right. But if you cannot, if it is overloaded, then it is very difficult to go on
- One may be well versed in all the transcendental literature of the Vedas, but if he fails to be acquainted with the Supreme, then it must be concluded that all of his education is like the burden of a beast
- One who is very powerful is not affected by any sinful activity. But here (in SB 9.9.5) we see that mother Ganges fears being burdened with the sins of the people in general who would bathe in her waters
- Regarding your proposed program of editing, the Bhagavatam First Canto is already edited, so when making final typing, you shall simply see it for proofreading. I do not think that you need take too much burden because you may fall ill with too much work
- Rukmini continued, "They (Sisupala, Jarasandha or Dantavakra) are always engaged in hard labor to maintain their household life, just like the bulls working hard day and night with an oil-pressing machine. They are compared to asses, beasts of burden"
- She is already dependent on nature's law that man is free from becoming pregnant and the woman has to take the burden. Then where is the independence, equal right? Equal right means sometimes man may become pregnant, sometimes woman may become pregnant
- Son and daughter are the same position; if they are not educated, they become a burden
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then assured the brahmana, "Have faith in My words and do not burden your mind any longer with this misconception"
- Such a society (Vedic society) is so well organized and people are so advanced in spiritual consciousness that childbirth is never regarded as a burden or a botheration
- Suppose I have established this temple. Now under my direction, my disciples are worshiping vigraha. Vigraha means the form of the Lord, rupa. But if there is no following of the regulative principles, then after my death it will be galagraha, a burden
- That Nara-Narayana Rsi, who is a partial expansion of Krsna, has now appeared in the dynasties of Yadu and Kuru, in the forms of Krsna and Arjuna respectively, to mitigate the burden of the world
- That's all right. For the time being, if by parikrama, fainting, dying, that is a glorious. That I want. Will it be great burden?
- The ass is an animal who is celebrated as the greatest fool, even amongst the animals. The ass works very hard and carries burdens of the maximum weight without making profit for itself
- The boy (Srngi) was not happy because he committed a great mistake (cursing Maharaja Pariksit), and he wanted to be relieved of the burden on his heart by crying
- The burden of the earth was certainly diminished by the Personality of Godhead and by others as well. When He was present as an incarnation, all good was performed because of His auspicious footprints
- The burden of the husband on the young wife, the burden of the child on the lap of the mother, and the burden of wealth on the businessman, although actually burdens from the viewpoint of heaviness, are sources of pleasure
- The cow is a very innocent animal, and the ass is a beast of burden. One who labors under the bodily conception simply works like an ass and does not know his self-interest
- The demigods were jubilant not only because the appearance of the Supreme Lord would do away with the burdensome demons, but also because they would be able to see upon the ground the transcendental marks from the soles of the Lord's lotus feet
- The demon (Pralambasura) was undoubtedly very strong and powerful, but he was carrying Balarama, who is compared to a mountain; therefore he began to feel the burden, and thus he assumed his real form
- The devotees considered Ramacandra Puri to be like a great burden on their heads. When he left Jagannatha Puri, everyone felt extremely happy, as if a great stone burden had suddenly fallen from their heads to the ground
- The Gosvamis' esoteric logic and profound analytical philosophy have not yet caught the attention of modern thinkers, and the burden of guilt for this discrepancy must indeed fall on us
- The laborers in great factories and workshops are also engaged in such burdensome work, and after working hard during the day, the poor laborer has to be again kicked by the fair sex, not only for sex enjoyment but also for so many household affairs
- The Lord and His eternal associates appeared on earth to help the administrative demigods in eradicating the burden of the world. He called for some of the confidential demigods to appear in the Yadu family and serve Him in His great mission
- The Lord appeared for the mission of diminishing the burden of the world
- The Lord appeared in order to release the world from the undue burden of the nonbelieving asuras, and after doing this, He disappeared from the world's eyes
- The Lord appears by His internal potency just to save the saner section of humanity and to alleviate the burden due to the earthly administrators in different parts of the world
- The Lord was pacified after killing those kings who were burdensome to the earth. They were puffed up with their military strength, their horses, elephants, chariots, infantry, etc
- The messenger said, "The material body is awarded to us by the modes of material nature, and on account of this we are full of anxieties. The material condition of life simply involves bearing the burden of this dead body"
- The more people will be materialistic, the world will be burdened. Therefore there must be war, pestilence, famine, to clear these rascals, clear out. You'll find these things. In Europe, every ten years, twenty years, there is a fight, war
- The mudhas are those who are grossly foolish, like hard-working beasts of burden. They want to enjoy the fruits of their labor by themselves, and so do not want to part with them for the Supreme. BG 1972 purports
- The processes we manufacture to counteract or minimize our distresses do not actually put an end to our pains. It is all simply illusion. We simply place the burden from the head to the shoulder
- The scriptures proclaim that Lord Krsna previously descended to take away the burden of the earth
- The Supreme Lord relinquished the body which He manifested to diminish the burden of the earth. Just like a magician, He relinquishes one body to accept different ones, like the fish incarnation and others
- The supreme soul, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Lord and the supreme controller, descended as an incarnation in the Bhrgu dynasty and released the universe from the burden of undesirable kings by killing them many times
- The supreme unborn, Lord Sri Krsna, caused the members of the Yadu dynasty to relinquish their bodies, and thus He relieved the burden of the world. This action was like picking out a thorn with a thorn, though both are the same to the controller
- The surabhi cow said, "O Supersoul of the universe, let us bathe You (Krsna) with our milk, for You are our Indra. O Lord, You appear just to diminish the burden of impure activities on the earth"
- The time to lift the burden of the world mixed with the time for Lord Krsna's incarnation
- The trees in those gardens, embraced by creepers, bend with a heavy burden of twigs with fruits and flowers, and therefore they appear extraordinarily beautiful
- The typical example of the beast of burden is the ass. This humble beast is made to work very hard by his master. The ass does not really know for whom he works so hard day and night. BG 1972 purports
- The upper portion of the body, though crowned with a silk turban, is only a heavy burden if not bowed down before the Personality of Godhead who can award mukti - freedom
- The upper portion of the body, though crowned with a silk turban, is only a heavy burden if not bowed down before the PG, who can award mukti - freedom
- The wives of the serpent, known as the Nagapatnis, saw that their husband had been subdued by the Lord's kicking and that he was almost at the point of death due to bearing the heavy burden of the Lord, within whose abdomen the whole universe remains
- The word vahase is also significant because it indicates that the ominous vibration condemned Kamsa for acting just like a beast of burden by carrying his enemy's mother
- There are many books of stories and histories in the world, but except for the histories or narrations on the topics of the Personality of Godhead, none are capable of diminishing the burden of material pangs
- There are two kinds of burdens. There is the burden of the beast and the burden of love. The burden of the beast is unbearable, but the burden of love is a source of pleasure. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti describes the burden of love very practically
- There are two kinds of fruitive activity. We can place the burden on the head, or we can place it on the shoulder. Actually, keeping the burden in either place is the same. The transferal, however, is taking place under the name of counteraction
- There is no question of an increase in population causing a burden. The earth became overburdened due to dharma-glani, or irregular discharge of the Lord's desire
- There is no question of overpopulation or of children's being a burden for their parents in a Vedic society
- There is still the great strength of the Yadu dynasty, born of Myself, which may be a more unbearable burden
- Thereafter, Lord Sri Krsna created a misunderstanding between family members just to diminish the burden of the world. Simply by His glance, He annihilated all the demoniac kings on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra and declared victory for Arjuna
- They (Krsna and Balarama) appeared at the request of Brahma to liberate the burden of the world, and They relieved the world by many superhuman activities so that everyone became happy and prosperous. Without the grace of God, no one can become happy
- They (naisthika-brahmacaris) accept the order of sannyasa, or the renounced order of life, knowing well that combination with women is an unnecessary burden that checks self-realization
- They agitate the mind and body of everyone, they increase lusty desires for enjoyment, they destroy the burden of material happiness and lamentation, and they make one forget all material tastes. The whole world falls under their control
- This (in SB 4.9.33) is a good description of an attempt to transfer a burden from one place to another
- This (mother Ganges fears being burdened with the sins of the people in general who would bathe in her waters) indicates that no one but the SP of Godhead is able to neutralize the reactions of sinful deeds, whether one's own or those of others
- To attain nirvana, liberation, one has to undergo a severe type of tapasya, austerity, but the Lord is so merciful that He incarnates to diminish the burden of the earth
- To give them (the sages of Naimisaranya) relief from this mental agony, Suta Gosvami assured them that the Lord caused the members of the Yadu dynasty to relinquish their bodies by which they had to take away the burden of the world
- To maintain wife and a few children, that is also a great burden at the present moment. Therefore nobody wants to marry
- To take away this burden, however, is not the work of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The maintainer, Lord Visnu, is the one who protects the universe
- We cannot expect that our temples will become places of shelter for so many widows and rejected wives, that will be a great burden and we shall become the laughingstock in the society
- Whatever burden was upon the earth You have taken away by descending to that planet
- When a field is overgrown with thorns and weeds, it becomes very difficult for the owner to work it. That is the position of the spirit soul when the body itself becomes a burden due to disease
- When He (Krsna) referred to the unbearable heaviness on the earth in connection with the Yadu dynasty, He was referring to the burden of their separation. Srila Jiva Gosvami confirms this inference.
- When Lord Balarama returned to Prabhasa-tirtha, He heard from the brahmanas that most of the ksatriyas in the Battle of Kuruksetra had been killed. Balarama felt relieved to hear that the burden of the world had been reduced
- When Lord Krsna referred to the burden of the Yadu dynasty on the earth, He referred to something different than the burden of the beast
- When misuse of human energy is prominent, the saner living beings become perturbed by the awkward situation created by the vicious administrators, who are simply burdens of the earth
- When one gets tired of keeping a burden on his head, he will place it on his shoulder. This does not mean that he has become freed from the strains of carrying the burden
- When people become irreligious, not abiding by the laws of God, then it becomes burdensome. How one can say that "To cut throat is my religion"? Nobody can say like that. That is not religion. That means he has no sense of God consciousness
- When the Lord referred to them (Yadu dynasty) in connection with the burden on the earth, He had in mind their imminent disappearance from the earth
- When the world is overburdened by unnecessary military arrangements and when various demoniac kings are the executive heads of state, this burden causes the appearance of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When there is a need to diminish a burden created by the demons, the Supreme Godhead can do it in many ways because He has multifarious energies
- Whenever there is a burden created by the demons & whenever the innocent devotees are distressed by demoniac rulers, the Lord appears in due course of time to kill the demons with the assistance of His real representatives, who are called demigods
- Where is the woman's freedom? The boy and the girl intermingle, and the girl becomes pregnant, and the boy goes out without any responsibility, and the burden... The child is a burden for the woman
- Who, after smelling the dust of His lotus feet even once, could ever forget it? Simply by expanding the leaves of His eyebrows, Krsna has given the deathblow to those who were burdening the earth
- With your speaking talents there is so much valuable preaching work that you will have opportunity to do to relieve the burden of the suffering humanity
- You (Krsna) descend as an incarnation to remove the burden of the world and to benefit Your friends, especially those who are Your exclusive devotees and are rapt in meditation upon You
- You have written that you are my disobedient son, but I think I am your disturbing father. I am putting more and more burden upon you but you are so tolerant that you have no hesitation to accept my demands even although sometimes they are unreasonable