"Vaisnava, brahmana" |"Vaisnavas, brahmanas" |"brahmana vaisnava" |"brahmana vaisnavas" |"brahmana, Vaisnava" |"brahmana-vaisnava" |"brahmana. Then Vaisnava" |"brahmana. Vaisnava" |"brahmanas vaisnavas" |"brahmanas, Vaisnava" |"brahmanas, Vaisnavas" |"vaisnava brahmana" |"vaisnava brahmanas" |"vaisnavas brahmanas"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Brahmana-Vaisnava"
The following 140 pages are in this category, out of 140 total.
- A brahmana is supposed to know this fact (one can perfect his duties only serving God) due to his perfection in Vedic wisdom. The other sections are supposed to follow the direction of the brahmana Vaisnava
- A brahmana, although he is born of a high family, but because he has associated with the qualities of a candala, he should be called candala
- After hearing about his death, which will be caused by the bite of a snake-bird sent by a son of a brahmana, he will get himself freed from all material attachment and surrender unto the Personality of Godhead, taking shelter of Him
- After hearing him (the brahmana), Arjuna immediately prepared himself by touching sanctified water and uttering holy mantras to protect his bows and arrows from danger
- After losing each of his sons, the brahmana would come to the gate of the palace and accuse the King of not being able to give the brahmanas protection and of thus being unfit to sit on the royal throne
- After the eclipse, all the members of the Yadu dynasty again took their baths in the lakes created by Lord Parasurama. Then they sumptuously fed the brahmanas with first-class cooked food, all prepared in butter
- All (beautiful men and women) were singing auspicious songs. The wife of the brahmana (Sudama) was very glad on hearing the tidings of her husband’s arrival, and with great haste she came out of the palace
- All sorts of respectable brahmana gentlemen and ladies, carrying plates filled with various gifts, came with their presentations. Seeing the newborn child, whose form resembled natural glaring gold, all of them happily offered their blessings
- Although giving trouble to a brahmana is a forbidden act, Lord Visnu was prepared to do anything in order to see Krsna - He was so eager to see Him
- An offense at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas is a greater offense than that committed at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Anyone who hears this history (The Brahmana Sudama Blessed by Lord Krsna) gradually becomes as qualified as Sudama Vipra, and he is thus transferred to the spiritual kingdom of Lord Krsna
- Apply ISKCON. Life Member can send any member of his family for being trained up as qualified Brahmin who can preach Bhagavad-gita as it is all over the world
- Are you feeling compunction for the unhappy women and children who are left forlorn by unscrupulous persons? Or are you unhappy because the goddess of learning is being handled by brahmanas addicted to acts against the principles of religion?
- Are you sorry to see that the brahmanas have taken shelter of administrative families that do not respect brahminical culture?
- Arjuna continued, "I shall bring back your sons even if I have to fight with death personified." When the brahmana was assured by Arjuna in such exalted words, he was somehow or other convinced, and thus he returned home
- Arjuna continued, "If the brahmanas feel unwanted separation from their wives and children, and the ksatriya kings do not take care of them, then such ksatriyas are to be considered no more than stage players"
- Arjuna then understood that the brahmana had lost all faith in the ksatriya kings. Therefore, to encourage him, Arjuna spoke as if criticizing even his friend Lord Krsna
- Arjuna, who apparently had not left Dvaraka because he had to fulfill his promise to the brahmana, was called at night when the brahmana’s wife was to give birth to the child
- As a human being has to endeavor to achieve certain results, so Lord Krsna, like an ordinary human being, or like His friend Arjuna, left Dvaraka to bring back the brahmana's baby
- At that time, the brahmana Srutadeva and his wife, children and other relatives appeared there to render service to the distinguished guests. While touching the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, the brahmana began to speak
- Bhismadeva said: What terrible sufferings & what terrible injustices you good souls suffer for being the sons of religion personified. You did not deserve to remain alive under those tribulations, yet you were protected by the brahmanas, God & religion
- Both brahmana (Srutadeva) and King (Bahulasva) ultimately achieved the supreme goal of being transferred to the spiritual world
- Brahmana's business is dana-pratigraha. He will collect. Brahmana has the right to collect from his disciples, spiritual master. But he will distribute it. Dana-pratigraha. He will be also a man charitably disposed, spending that money for public welfare
- Brahmanas were not paid servants of the king & therefore they had the strength to dictate to the king on the principles of scriptures. This system continued even up to the time of Maharaja Candragupta, & the brahmana Canakya was his unpaid prime minister
- Brahmin must practice cleanliness both externally and internally. Externally he must bathe regularly, and internally he must chant Hare Krishna
- Even killing of animal is required for sacrifice, the Vedic religion also allow - but not cow. These goats, they are allowed. The meat-eater, under restriction, they can eat goats. But not the higher caste. The brahmana, ksatriya, vaisyas, they would not
- Everyone is born sudra by birth. It is not that by birth one becomes brahmana; otherwise the sastra would not have stated like this, that janmana jayate sudrah, "By birth everyone is sudra."
- He (Krsna) then snatched the bundle of chipped rice which was hanging on the shoulder of the poor brahmana, packed in one corner of his wrapper, and said, “What is this? My dear friend, you have brought Me nice, palatable chipped rice"
- He (Lord Rsabhadeva) ruled the people according to the system of varnasrama-dharma, which enjoins that the brahmanas instruct the ksatriyas and the ksatriyas administer to the state through the vaisyas and sudras
- He (Sudama) was a qualified brahmana, unattached to all sorts of material sense enjoyment, and at the same time he was a great devotee of Lord Krsna
- How a learned scholar brahmana and a dog can be seen on equal level? But it can be seen. It is on the spiritual platform, that every one of us is spirit soul
- I (Yudhisthira) have killed many boys, brahmanas, well-wishers, friends, parents, preceptors and brothers. Though I live millions of years, I will not be relieved from the hell that awaits me for all these sins
- I accept Sriman Dhananjaya Pandit das for brahman initiation. You may hold a fire sacrifice and he should listen to the Gayatri mantra in the right ear from the tape
- I wish that my kingdom, strength and riches burn up immediately by the fire of the brahmana's wrath so that in the future I may not be guided by such inauspicious attitudes
- If that is so, the next question is this: Why would Maha-Visnu come to Dvaraka personally if He were not able to see Krsna? Why did He not send some of His associates to take away the sons of the brahmana?
- In any case, because you are all qualified brahmanas, your vibrations should not prove untrue. I consider the brahmanas who are well qualified with brahminical qualities to be as good as My own mouth
- In that assembly were many learned scholars, brahmanas and respectable gentlemen. The two brothers Hiranya and Govardhana were also greatly learned
- It is understood from the speech of Maha-Visnu that He was very eager to see Krsna. It may be said, however, that since Maha-Visnu took away the brahmana's sons, He must certainly have gone to Dvaraka to do so. Therefore, why did He not see Krsna there?
- It is understood that a devotee who is fully surrendered unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead has already acquired the position of a brahmana
- It was He (Krsna) who played the trick of taking away the brahmana's baby as well as the arrows, including the one given by Lord Siva, of which Arjuna was so proud
- Krsna said, "My dear Srutadeva, all these great sages, brahmanas and saintly persons have been very kind to you by personally coming here to see you"
- Krsna said, "They (the sages & brahmanas) are so kind that they are traveling with Me, and wherever they go they immediately make the whole atmosphere as pure as transcendence simply by the touch of the dust of their feet"
- Krsna told the messenger brahmana who came from Rukmini, "My dear brahmana, just like Rukmini I cannot sleep at night, and My mind is always fixed on her"
- Lord Brahma, who is worshiped by the brahmanas, has very mercifully given you to me, and that is why I have met you. I do not want to give up your company, for my mind and eyes are fixed upon you and cannot be drawn away
- Lord Krsna and Arjuna then offered their obeisances to Lord Maha-Visnu, and, taking back the brahmana's children, they returned to Dvaraka via the same route by which they had entered the spiritual world
- Lord Krsna, the enjoyer of all sacrifices and penances, is very fond of a brahmana like Sudama Vipra, and we have seen by the actual behavior of Lord Krsna how much He adores such a brahmana
- Lord Rsabhadeva is the master of all Vedic knowledge, human beings, demigods, cows and brahmanas. I have already explained His pure, transcendental activities, which will vanquish the sinful activities of all living entities
- Maharaja Pariksit then began to rule over the world as a great devotee of the Lord under the instructions of the best of the twice-born brahmanas. He ruled by those great qualities which were foretold by expert astrologers at the time of his birth
- Maharaja Pariksit was always consciously surrendered to the Personality of Godhead, and therefore he was neither afraid nor overwhelmed by fear due to a snake-bird which was to bite him because of the fury of a brahmana boy
- Maharaja Prthu, the incarnation of God, descended by the prayer of the brahmanas to rectify the disorders on earth. He produced all kinds of crops
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, whose enemy was never born, performed his daily morning duties by praying, offering fire sacrifice to the sun-god, and offering obeisances, grains, cows, land and gold to the brahmanas
- Meanwhile, the brahmana Srutadeva, simultaneously receiving Lord Krsna and His associates at his home, was transcendentally overwhelmed with joy
- O Brahmana Saunaka, while Maharaja Yudhisthira, observing the inauspicious signs on the earth at that time, was thus thinking to himself, Arjuna came back from the city of the Yadus (Dvaraka)
- O Brahmana Vyasadeva, in due course of time I (Narada), who was fully absorbed in thinking of Krsna and who therefore had no attachments, being completely freed from all material taints, met with death, as lightning and illumination occur simultaneously
- O brahmanas, the opulence of the King was so enchanting that the denizens of heaven aspired for it. But because he was absorbed in the service of the Lord, nothing could satisfy him except the Lord's service
- O brahmanas, the rsi, who was born in the family of Angira Muni, hearing his son crying, gradually opened his eyes and saw the dead snake around his neck
- O King, since you have asked me about our friends & relatives in the city of Dvaraka, I will inform you that all of them were cursed by the brahmanas, & as a result they all became intoxicated with wine made of putrefied rice & fought among themselves
- O respectful brahmanas, as far as I (Rsabhadeva) am concerned, no one is equal or superior to the brahmanas in this world. I do not find anyone comparable to them
- O trustworthy brahmanas, I now ask you about my immediate duty. Please, after proper deliberation, tell me of the unalloyed duty of everyone in all circumstances, and specifically of those who are just about to die
- Of course, Arjuna was not an ordinary living entity, but because of his friendly dealings with Krsna he thought that Krsna was unable to give protection to the brahmana and that he would do better to remember Lord Siva
- On hearing that a brahmana was accusing the King of not properly protecting him, Arjuna became inquisitive and approached the brahmana
- Once upon a time in Dvaraka, a brahmana’s wife gave birth to a child. Unfortunately, however, just after being born and touching the ground, the child immediately died. The brahmana father took the child and went directly to the palace of the King
- One cannot be on the brahminical platform without having these preliminary qualifications, and without becoming a qualified brahmana, one cannot become a pure devotee
- Our principle is not to work like the karmi or under a karmi. We are not sudras. Sudras are meant for working under somebody, not brahmanas
- Seeing the wonderful conversion of his native place, the brahmana (Sudama) began to think to himself, 'How am I seeing all these changes? Does this place belong to me or to someone else?'
- Since it is a Vedic custom to give in charity as much as possible during the hours of the eclipse, the members of the Yadu dynasty distributed many hundreds of cows in charity to the brahmanas
- Since Lord Siva is the son of Lord Brahma, Brahma is considered superior, but Brahma is also subordinate to Me (Rsabhadeva), the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Because I am inclined to the brahmanas, the brahmanas are best of all
- So far your keeping your job is concerned, if you are still engaged in that dishwashing job, you should give it up. That kind of work is meant for sudras, not for the brahmanas
- Sri Suta Gosvami said: While returning home, the King (Maharaja Pariksit) felt that the act he had committed against the faultless and powerful brahmana was heinous and uncivilized. Consequently he was distressed
- Still another question may be raised: If Maha-Visnu cannot see Krsna, then how was Krsna obliged to come before Him after all to take back the sons of the brahmana?
- Sukadeva Gosvami has stated that all persons who hear this history of Sudama Vipra and Lord Krsna will know how affectionate Lord Krsna is to brahmana devotees like Sudama
- Suta Gosvami said: O best among the brahmanas, the Emperor Pariksit, thus hearing the personality of religion speak, was fully satisfied, and without mistake or regret he gave his reply
- That (other sections are supposed to follow the direction of the brahmana Vaisnava) will make the entire society perfect in regard to the order of its social construction
- The brahmana (Sudama) accepted his newly acquired opulence, but he did so in a spirit of renunciation, remaining unattached to sense gratification, & thus he lived very peacefully with his wife
- The brahmana (Sudama) thought, "It is most pleasurable to see Lord Krsna, who is most devoted to the brahmanas. How great a lover He is of the brahminical culture! He is the Supreme Brahman Himself, yet He reciprocates with the brahmanas"
- The brahmana (Sudama) was surprised to see his wife so beautiful, and in great affection and without saying a word he entered the palace with her
- The brahmana also accused the King of being ksatra-bandhu, which refers to a person born in the family of ksatriyas, or the royal order, but lacking the qualifications of a royal personality
- The brahmana also called him lubdha, which means "greedy." In other words, a king or an executive head of state should not occupy the exalted post of president or king if he is greedy and self-interested
- The brahmana continued, "I therefore condemn Arjuna for his false promise, and I also condemn his celebrated bow Gandiva and his impudence in declaring himself greater than Lord Balarama, Lord Krsna, Pradyumna and Aniruddha"
- The brahmana directly hinted that Arjuna could not do that which was impossible for the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He felt that Arjuna was promising something beyond his power
- The brahmana said, "He (Arjuna) promised to protect my child when even Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Lord Balarama and Lord Krsna had failed. If such great personalities could not protect my child, then who can do so?"
- The brahmana said, "How can anyone save my child, who has already been transferred to another planet? Due to sheer foolishness only, Arjuna thought he could bring back my child from another planet"
- The brahmana said, "I consider your promise to be like that of an inexperienced child. I cannot put my faith in your promise"
- The brahmana said, "The present King, Ugrasena, is envious of the brahmanas!" The exact word used in this connection is brahma-dvisah. One who is envious of the Vedas, of a qualified brahmana or of the brahmana caste is called brahma-dvis
- The brahmana said, "There are also many other heroes, such as Pradyumna and Aniruddha, carrying bows and arrows, but they could not protect my children"
- The brahmana therefore said, "No one should offer respects or worship to a king whose only business is envy. Such a king spends his time either hunting and killing animals in the forest or killing citizens for criminal acts"
- The brahmana took it to be most unnatural, and therefore he held the King responsible
- The brahmana was very upset because of the untimely death of the child in the presence of his young father and mother. Thus his mind became very much disturbed
- The brahmana whose child had died, thinking there was no fault on his own part, immediately went to the palace door with the dead child in his arms and accused the King as follows
- The brahmana's son cursed the King thus: On the seventh day from today a snake-bird will bite the most wretched one of that dynasty (Maharaja Pariksit) because of his having broken the laws of etiquette by insulting my father
- The brahmana's wife cooked simple foods like rice and dhal, and Lord Krsna and His followers were very much pleased to accept them because they were offered in devotional love
- The brahmana's wife delivered a male child, and as usual the child began to cry. But suddenly, within a few minutes, both the child and Arjuna’s arrows disappeared into the sky
- The brahmanas are situated in the supreme transcendental mode of nature-sattva-guna. Because of this, they are fixed in mind control (sama), sense control (dama), and truthfulness (satya)
- The brahmanas must become learned in the sastras and very clean internally and externally by regularly bathing with water and the holy name. A brahmana must be fixed up in understanding of brahmana. One should not take it cheaply
- The brahmanas said,O son of Prtha, this child shall be exactly like Iksvaku, son of Manu, in maintaining all those who are born. & as for following the brahminical principles, especially in being true to his promise, he shall be exactly like Rama
- The brahmanas said: This spotless son has been restored by the all-powerful and all-pervasive Lord Visnu, the Personality of Godhead, in order to oblige you. He was saved when he was doomed to be destroyed by an irresistible supernatural weapon
- The brahmana’s (Sudama) wife appeared so beautiful that it seemed as if the goddess of fortune herself had come to receive him
- The brahmana’s second child also died at birth, and the third also. He had nine children, who all died at birth, and each time he came to the gate of the palace to accuse the King
- The executive head of a state must be very intelligent to see to the comforts of the citizens, but according to the brahmana the King was not at all intelligent, although he was occupying the royal throne
- The following statement is about a brahmana devotee: "This brahmana is very expert in all kinds of activities, but I do not know why he is looking up without moving his eyes"
- The instruction we receive from this incident is that King Bahulasva and Srutadeva the brahmana were accepted by the Lord on the same level because both were pure devotees
- The most sinful activity, according to Vedic information - to kill a child, to kill a woman, to kill a brahmana and to kill a cow
- The sage had a son who was very powerful, being a brahmana's son. While he was playing with inexperienced boys, he heard of his father's distress, which was occasioned by the King. Then and there the boy spoke as follows
- The statement of the brahmana Sudama is correct. An ordinary man who is very poor and prays to the Lord for benediction in material opulence, and who somehow or other becomes richer in material opulence, immediately forgets his obligation to the Lord
- The Vedas are My eternal transcendental sound incarnation. Therefore the Vedas are sabda-brahma. The brahmanas thoroughly study all the Vedas, & because they assimilate the Vedic conclusions, they are also to be considered the Vedas personified
- There (on Yamaloka) he searched for the brahmana's baby, but was unable to find him. He then immediately went to the planet where the King of heaven, Indra, lives
- There is a similar prayer by a brahmana who says, "Let others worship the Vedas and the Upanisads, and let others worship the Mahabharata if they are afraid of material existence and want to become liberated from that condition"
- There may be a learned brahmana-Vaisnava who can explain clearly and eradicate all doubts, but if he does not follow the Vaisnava principles, then he is not situated on a higher level
- Therefore, because it was not possible for any of Maha-Visnu's associates to take away the brahmana's sons, He personally came to take them
- They do not know what is civilization. This is civilization, huh? Brahmana. And they will think, "What is this nonsense, to worship a brahmana, to give food to the brahmana-bhojana?"
- They practice penance (tapasya) & tolerance (titiksa), & they realize the position of the living entity & the Lord (anubhava). These are the eight qualifications of the brahmanas. Therefore among all living entities, no one is superior to the brahmanas
- Thus being advised by his demoniac ministers, Kamsa, who was from the very beginning the greatest rascal, decided to persecute the brahmanas and Vaisnavas, being entrapped by the shackles of all-devouring, eternal time
- Thus condemned by the brahmana, Arjuna empowered himself with a mystic yoga perfection so that he could travel to any planet to find the brahmana's baby
- Thus the brahmana charged that his newly born baby was dead due to the disqualifications of the King
- Unless we develop our love for Krsna, there is no meaning of reading. And if we can develop our love for Krsna just like this brahmana, even without reading any book, that is wanted. That is wanted
- Upon hearing Arjuna speak in this way, the brahmana replied, "My dear Arjuna, Lord Balarama is present, but He could not give protection to my children. Lord Krsna is also present, but He also could not give them protection"
- Upon the birth of a son, the King, who knew how, where and when charity should be given, gave gold, land, villages, elephants, horses and good food grains to the brahmanas
- Upon your recommendation, I am accepting the following twice born brahmanas; Koshalendra Das Adhikari, Jyoti Das Adhikari. Enclosed please find their threads sanctified by me
- Wanted qualified Brahmins to preach Bhagavad-gita all over the world. Educated candidates accepted without any discrimination of Caste and Creed. Apply ISKCON
- We shall elevate them to go back to home, back to Godhead. Whatever he may be. Simply by denying that "I am not sudra," that will not help. But they must be elevated to the standard of brahmana. That we will talk later on
- We should not think that everyone has to become a brahmana. For example you are developing a farm there; so those who work the farm do not necessarily have to be a brahmana if they are not inclined to the brahminical standards
- When he (Arjuna) was unable to find the baby even after searching all possible planets, he then attempted to throw himself into a fire, since he had promised the brahmana he would do so if unable to bring back his baby
- When Lord Krsna and His associates were fed in this way, the brahmana Srutadeva was thinking thus
- When people know My (Rsabhadeva) motive after performing rituals according to the Vedic principles, they offer food to Me with faith and love through the mouth of a brahmana
- When the brahmana (Sudama) entered his personal apartment in the palace, he saw that it was not an apartment but the residence of the King of heaven. The palace was surrounded by many columns of jewels
- When the brahmana (Sudama) saw his position suddenly changed to one of opulence, and when he could not determine the cause for such a sudden change, he began to consider very gravely how it had happened
- When the brahmana's wife was to give birth to another child, the brahmana began to chant, "My dear Arjuna, please come now and save my child"
- While going to the maternity home to attend to the delivery case of the brahmana's wife, Arjuna remembered Lord Siva, and not his friend Krsna
- While the brahmana (Srutadeva) was thinking in this way, the guests finished their lunch and sat back very comfortably
- Who is a better worshiper of brahmanas than Maharaja Nabhi? Because he worshiped the qualified brahmanas to their full satisfaction, the brahmanas, by their brahminical prowess, showed Maharaja Nabhi the Supreme Personality of God, Narayana, in person
- Whoever desires progressive well-being, especially kings, religionists, public leaders, brahmanas and sannyasis, should never come in contact with the four above-mentioned irreligious principles
- Why was He (the Lord) inclined to put a brahmana into such a terrible condition of lamentation over one son after another until the tenth son was taken away?
- Without becoming a brahmana, one cannot approach the Supreme Brahman, Lord Krsna. Krsna is especially concerned with vanquishing the distress of His devotees, and He is the only shelter of pure devotees