blind | blindfolded | blinding | blindman | blindness |blinded
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Blind"
The following 162 pages are in this category, out of 162 total.
- Andha-pangu-nyaya: the logic of cooperation of the blind and the lame
- Bilvamangala Thakura voluntarily made himself blind
- Blind followers
- Blind following
- Blind person
- Blind persons
- Blind well
- Everyone is blind
- India is lame and America is blind
- Instead of having no maternal uncle, it is better to have a maternal uncle who is blind
- A blind eye has no use for seeing, but it is simply unbearably painful. The King therefore thought himself very unfortunate to have such a bad son
- A person enjoys illicit sex, and due to his blind, lusty desire, he thinks that no one can see him, but this illicit sex is thoroughly observed by the agents of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Therefore the person is punished in so many ways
- A sadhu like Vidura is meant to awaken such blind persons and help them go back to Godhead, where life is eternal. Once going there, no one wants to come back to this material world of miseries
- A wife's duty is to follow the husband cent percent. And Gandhari was so true to her husband that she followed him even in his perpetual blindness. Therefore in her actions she was a great ascetic
- According to Prahlada Maharaja, the material home is compared to a blind well. If a man falls down into a blind well, it is very difficult to get out of it and begin life again
- After accepting the feature of avadhuta, a great saintly person without material cares, Lord Rsabhadeva passed through human society like a blind, deaf and dumb man, an idle stone, a ghost or a madman
- After Prahlada Maharaja had spoken in this way and become silent, Hiranyakasipu, blinded by anger, threw him off his lap and onto the ground
- Akrura continued, "My dear Dhrtarastra, I beg to advise you not to be blind to the facts of material existence. Material, conditioned life, either in distress or in happiness, is to be accepted as a dream"
- All our leaders they are blind, they have no perfect knowledge, they do not know what is after this body. As we have... everyone of us this experience that we had a body like a child, we had a body like a boy, like a young man
- Although He has no obligatory duty, still He does everything so that others may follow. That is the way of factual teaching; one must act properly himself and teach the same to others, otherwise no one will accept one's blind teaching
- Although the six qualities education, austerity, wealth, beauty, youth and heritage are for the highly elevated, one who is proud of possessing them becomes blind
- Although the six qualities education, austerity, wealth, beauty, youth and heritage are for the highly elevated, one who is proud of possessing them becomes blind, and thus he loses his good sense and cannot appreciate the glories of great personalities
- Another advantage of this (brahmastra) weapon is that it is not blind like the nuclear weapon because it can be directed only to the target and nothing else
- Are you not moving this way upon the surface of the world? I am very attached to family life and worldly activities, and I am blind to spiritual knowledge. Nonetheless, I am now present before you and am seeking enlightenment from you
- As long as human society works on the basis of false material identification, all the so-called advancements of science and philosophy are simply useless. They only serve to mislead human society. In the material world, the blind simply lead the blind
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, the modes of nature act under His direction only and as such no natural functions are blind or automatic. The power behind the activities is the supervision of the Lord and thus He is never inactive as is wrongly conceived
- At present the whole world is on the verge of retiring from a blind materialistic civilization, which may be likened to hunting animals in the forest
- Because he (Dhrtarastra) was blind from birth, he was disqualified from his rightful claim (the throne of Hastinapura). But he could not forget the bereavement, and his disappointment was somewhat compensated after the death of Pandu, his younger brother
- Because of these basic sinful acts, man gradually became forgetful of his eternal relation with God. Therefore man became blind, so to speak, to his ultimate goal of life
- Being thus bewildered (as if blinded by the dust of a whirlwind, the conditioned soul sees the beauty of the opposite sex), he is raised upon the lap of a woman, and at that time his good senses are overcome by the force of passion
- Blind civilization
- Blind vision
- Brahma said, "In my blindness I was considering myself a competitor to You, the SPG. But, even though I'm accepted as the creator of this universe, I'm eternally Your servant. Therefore, kindly always be compassionate toward me and excuse me in that way"
- Conditioned souls are attracted by bodily relationships, hoping to be happy in such situations. In such a blind conception of life, they forget even the causes of material happiness
- Consequently he manifested himself before the public eye as a madman - dull, blind and deaf - so that others would not try to talk to him. In this way he saved himself from bad association
- Convince them to...the Americans should take this KC movement, and because they are blind, we shall give them direction. So blind and lame man together will perform a great task. Blindly, simply accumulating money, but they do not know how to utilize
- Devotional service in Krsna consciousness cannot be performed blindly due to material emotion or mental concoction. It is specifically mentioned here that one has to perform devotional service in full knowledge by visualizing the Absolute Truth
- Dhrtarastra was blind from birth. Unfortunately, he was also bereft of spiritual vision
- Dhrtarastra's affection was also unlawful and did not show much intelligence. In plain words, Akrura hinted to Dhrtarastra that his staunch family affection was due to his gross ignorance of fact or his blindness to moral principles
- Difficulty is these rascals are going on as scholar, dehatma-buddhih. Their life is bodily concept of life, & they are passing as scientist, scholars, leaders, politicians, & they are leading us andha yathandhair. They are blind, & they are leading us
- Don't think nature is blind. Nature is matter, material energy. It cannot work independently, just like machine. Machine, it is made of matter. But if there is no driver, however efficient machine may be, it is useless
- Duryodhana was exactly like blind, troubling eyes; he would be a source of great trouble to the family of Dhrtarastra, as foreseen by Vidura
- God is not cheap. We cannot see anything, not to speak of God, without sunshine. Without sunlight we are blind. At night, we cannot see anything, and therefore we use electricity because the sun is not present
- Gurus, teachers, who are simply interested in this material world are described in this verse as andha, blind
- He (one) will be factually blind to his own interest. Instead of fulfilling his self-interest, he will act in just the opposite way for his own downfall
- He (the conditioned soul) thus (raised upon the lap of a woman, his good senses are overcome by the force of passion) becomes almost blind with lusty desire and disobeys the rules and regulations governing sex life
- Her (Putana's) breasts appeared like small hills, and her hair was a vast reddish bush. Her eye sockets appeared like blind wells, and her two thighs appeared like two banks of a river. Her two hands appeared like two strongly constructed bridges
- I am old and troubled by invalidity. I am almost blind and deaf, my hands tremble, and my mind and intelligence are unsteady
- I can see; therefore I offer. But you cannot see. So I have to open your eyes. You come to me. That is our propaganda. You are blind. You are suffering with cataract. I shall operate and you'll see also
- If a blind man is walking down the wrong path, how can a gentleman allow him to continue on his way to danger? How can he approve this method? No wise or kind man can allow this
- If a blind man pretends to help another blind man cross a road, then both the blind leader and the blind follower shall fall into the further darkness of some unseen ditch. Everyone who is devoid of transcendental knowledge is just like a blind man
- If a man falls down into a blind well
- In the age of Kali, all the householders are jealous of one another because they are blind to the knowledge of ultimate truth
- In the material world, sometimes one gives an exalted title to an utterly worthless thing; in Bengal this is known as giving a blind child a name like Padmalocana, which means “lotus-eyed.” One may foolishly call a blind child Padmalocana
- Indra replied: My dear mother, because I was grossly blinded by selfish interests, I lost sight of religion
- It is said that Gandhari also voluntarily closed her eyes because of the blindness of her husband
- King Dhrtarastra became blind under the influence of impious desires to nourish his dishonest sons, and thus he set fire to the lacquer house to burn his fatherless nephews, the Pandavas
- Krishna Consciousness is not a ism or simply blind following. It is based on authority; scientific and logical
- Krsna continued, "I (Krsna) have also heard that Dhrtarastra is not only blind from birth but also blind in his affection for his cruel son Duryodhana"
- Krsna is Isa, the Supreme, but I cannot see Him. Now, Krsna is there. You are blind. Why don't you see Him? Therefore you cannot see. So you have to open your eyes, not close. That is the business of guru. The guru opens the eyes
- Krsna then told Mother Yasoda, "My dear Mother, don't be perturbed by the appearance of the elephants and the horses that are so forcibly coming and raising dust, causing blindness to these lotus-eyed women"
- Krsna's friend said, "At Vrndavana all the residents have become blind from their continuous crying over Your absence. They are full only of anxieties and are not cheered at all by Your (Krsna) becoming the King of Mathura"
- Krsna's friends played blindman's buff, challenging and touching one another. Sometimes they imitated the forest deer and various kinds of birds. They joked with one another by imitating croaking frogs, and they enjoyed swinging underneath the trees
- Lord Brahma says, "O infallible one! I am born in the modes of passion, and therefore I have been falsely proud of being the creator of this material world. My false pride was just like dense darkness, and in this darkness I had become blind"
- Lord Ksirodakasayi Visnu was pleased with the demigods, and thus He appeared before them. The demigods were almost blinded by His transcendental bodily effulgence
- Lord Siva is generally worshiped by Hindu maidens to get a good husband. Gandhari satisfied Lord Siva, and by his benediction to obtain one hundred sons, she was betrothed to Dhrtarastra, despite his being blind forever
- Maharaja Yudhisthira, full of anxiety, turned to Sanjaya, who was sitting there, and said: O Sanjaya, where is our uncle, who is old and blind?
- My dear Lord, You have cured the blindness of my false pride by smearing my eyes with the ointment of Your mercy. You have bestowed so much mercy upon me that my ignorance is now gone
- My path is very difficult. I am blind, and my feet are slipping again and again. Therefore, may the saints help me by granting me the stick of their mercy as my support
- Nahusa, however, blinded and maddened by power and opulence, made undesirable proposals to Indra's wife with a desire to enjoy her. Thus Nahusa was cursed by a brahmana and later became a snake
- Narada Muni cursed Nalakuvara and Manigriva in order to cure their disease of material blindness
- Narada said, "The conditioned souls, who have now been put into the blind well of material existence, can get out of this eternal captivity only by accepting Your (Krsna's) lotus feet. Thus, You are the only shelter of all conditioned souls"
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "When a favorable breeze carries to Her (Radharani) the fragrance of My body, She is blinded by love and tries to fly into that breeze"
- One becomes almost blind and is bereft of all sense when he is infuriated by the desire for sense gratification. He forgets everything
- One should not remain always engaged in the responsibilities of family life because family life without Krsna consciousness is just like a blind well
- One who is expert in logic and in understanding the revealed scriptures, and who always has firm conviction and deep faith that is not blind, is to be considered a topmost devotee in devotional service
- Our point is that if you are yourself blind, how you can lead other blind men?
- Pariksit Maharaja, apprehending the future dangerous condition of blind followers of demoniac imitators, therefore asked this question
- People are unwilling to accept the Krsna consciousness because they are blind. They do not see actual position of their life. That is the position (of) conditioned soul. They are busy simply for sense gratification
- Persons like Dhrtarastra try to make plans to live there in a comfortable position with profit and interest, for they do not see things as they are. He is blind and continues to hope to live comfortably in the midst of all kinds of reverses of life
- Prahlada Maharaja has advised that one give up this blind well of home life as soon as possible and go to the forest to take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Prior to His (Krsna's) departure from this material world, He empowered Vyasadeva through Narada to compile the messages of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, & thus both the Bhagavad-gita & the Srimad-Bhagavatam are like torchbearers for the blind people of this age
- Prsadhra, fully satisfied in pure knowledge, always keeping his mind on the S P of Godhead, achieved pure devotional service to the Lord & began traveling all over the world, without affection for material activities, as if he were deaf, dumb and blind
- Savitri was attached to Satyavan, so her father, mother said that "You don't marry this boy. He'll die on the very day of his marriage." So love is blind. She said, "Still I shall marry him"
- Say definitely. But nobody can say. They are blind. The doctor is giving medicine, but he is not definitely sure whether his patient will die or live
- Since these two persons, drunk with the liquor named Varuni, or Madhvi, and unable to control their senses, have been blinded by the pride of celestial opulence and have become attached to women, I (Narada) shall relieve them of their false prestige
- Sometimes other poisonous snakes bite him. Being blind to his consciousness, he falls down into a dark well of hellish life with no hope of being rescued
- Sometimes, as if blinded by the dust of a whirlwind, the conditioned soul sees the beauty of the opposite sex, which is called pramada
- That happiness which is blind to self-realization, which is delusion from beginning to end and which arises from sleep, laziness and illusion is said to be of the nature of ignorance. BG 18.39 - 1972
- That is the way of factual teaching; one must act properly himself and teach the same to others, otherwise no one will accept one's blind teaching
- The brahmastra, more effective and finer than the atomic weapons, was not as blind as the atomic bombs
- The dramatic actor Madana-mohana has opened a shop of scents that attract the women of the world to be His customers. He delivers the scents freely, but they make the women all so blind they cannot find the path returning home
- The fallen person continued, "There are so many insects and worms, surrounded by the stools left by different kinds of diseased persons. And after visualizing this horrible scene, my eyes have become sore, and I am becoming nearly blind"
- The Godless leaders of the society are blind themselves and their followers are also blind. So blind men leading blind men has no meaning
- The greatest enemies of progressive spiritual culture in human society are the old fossils of political parties who are blind themselves and who try to lead other blind men. They bring about disaster in a peaceful human society
- The impersonalist philosophers, blinded as they are by the dazzling brahmajyoti, can realize neither the factual abode of the Lord nor His transcendental form
- The Krsna consciousness movement will inundate the entire world and drown everyone, whether one be a gentleman, a rogue or even lame, invalid or blind
- The leaders of human society - the politicians, philosophers and scientists - are blind because they are not Krsna conscious
- The logic of naming a blind child "padma locana" - "lotus-eyed"
- The modern civilization, they do not know what is going to happen after death. But our Vedic culture is not so blind. Vedic culture has got an aim, what is the aim of human life, not aimless life. Aimless life is animal life
- The rose in the garden gradually takes its shape and color to become beautiful and sweet not by a blind physical law, although it appears like that. Behind that physical law is the direction of the complete consciousness of the Supreme Lord
- The scent of Krsna's body surpasses the fragrances of musk and the bluish lotus flower. Spreading throughout the fourteen worlds, it attracts everyone and makes the eyes of all women blind
- The so-called scientists, philosophers, they are theorizing, "It may be," "Perhaps." So what is this knowledge, "Perhaps," "It may be"? That is not knowledge. Say definitely. But nobody can say. They are blind
- The two legs do not speak, and they are blind. If a person simply trusts his legs to take him walking, he is likely to fall into a hole or bump into something. Thus led by the blind legs, one's life may be placed in jeopardy
- The whirlwind (in the forest of material existence) is our attraction for our wife, and the dust storm is our blinding passion experienced during sex
- The woman, created by the Lord, is the representation of maya, and one who associates with such maya by accepting services must certainly know that this is the way of death, just like a blind well covered with grass
- The word tirthavit is significant because the King knew well where and when charity has to be given. Charity is never unproductive or blind. In the sastras charity was offered to persons who deserve to accept charity by dint of spiritual enlightenment
- There are so many things to be learned. Simply to become blind without any knowledge and give some verdict, asatyam, that is nonsense
- Therefore, my Lord, although I am living in a terrible condition, I do not wish to depart from my mother's abdomen to fall again into the blind well of materialistic life
- These (I am now happy; I have everything in order; my bank balance is quite enough) are some of the thoughts which engross the insanely attached householder who is blind to the passing of eternal time
- These mudhas do not know that if they want to purify themselves, they must worship Lord Vasudeva (Krsna) by performing penances and austerities. This purification is the aim of human life. This life is not meant for blind indulgence
- They (conditioned soul) are so blind that they cannot see anything beyond the jurisdiction of the subtle mind, intelligence or ego, but they are very much proud of their advancement in knowledge, science and material prosperity
- They (conditioned souls) are mostly engaged in sense enjoyment under the pretension of religiosity, knowledge or salvation. They are still more blind in the present age of quarrel, or Kali-yuga
- They do not know that their real problem is how to approach the Supreme Lord, Visnu. And the leaders, so-called leaders, who have created so many problems, they also do not know; therefore the leaders are blind and the followers are blind
- They mistreated him, and Jada Bharata behaved for them like a madman who was deaf, blind or dull. He did not protest or try to convince them that he was not so. If others wanted him to do something, he acted according to their desires
- Those persons who are materially engrossed, being blind to the knowledge of ultimate truth, have many subject matters for hearing in human society, O Emperor
- Those who are attached to materialistic life and are blind to spiritual life must act in such a way that they are bound to repeated birth and death by the actions and reactions of their activities
- Those who are engaged in fruitive activities are described by the Vedas personified as andha-parampara, or blind followers of the Vedic ritualistic ceremonies
- Those who are forgetful of their eternal relationship with the Supreme Lord are in the blind well of family life; their position is very ominous
- Thus a jnani is considered superior to a karmi because he at least refrains from the blind activities of sense enjoyment. This is the verdict of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- To accept authority does not mean one should be blind. But the real source of knowledge comes from authority
- Too much wealth makes one blind. This happens even to Indra in his heavenly kingdom, and what to speak of others in this material world?
- Unfortunately, the modern civilization, they do not know what is vimoksaya. They're so blind. They do not know that there is some position which is called vimoksaya. They do not know. They do not know what is next life
- Utkala appeared to the less intelligent persons on the road to be foolish, blind, dumb, deaf and mad, although actually he was not so. He remained like fire covered with ashes, without blazing flames
- Vasudeva said, " I am very opulent, because of my material prosperity I have become blind. I therefore cannot satisfy you properly even at this time"
- Vasudeva said, "A person seeking auspicious progress in life must avoid possessing too much material opulence so that he will not become blind and puffed up, and he should take care of his friends and relatives"
- Vidura said to Dhrtarastra: You have been blind from your very birth, and recently you have become hard of hearing. Your memory is shortened, and your intelligence is disturbed. Your teeth are loose, your liver is defective, and you are coughing up mucus
- We are making deliberation, "This is pious activities, this is impious." That is also good. Doing things blindly, that is another thing, but if one has this deliberation, "This is sinful activity and this is sinful activity," he is better than them
- We discuss this Bhagavad-gita only for understanding that we are not blindly following a principle. It is a science. It is based on philosophy and science. But we have made the process easy, that's all, by following great stalwart personalities
- We have previously discussed that the transcendentalist is required to be self-sufficient and should not beg from the rich blind persons to fulfill the bare necessities of life
- Western countries and the lame man of India should combine together in this Krsna consciousness movement. Then the lame man of India can walk with the help of the Westerner, and the blind Westerner can see with the help of the lame man
- When Gandhari came to know that her would-be husband was a blind man, to follow her life companion she decided to become voluntarily blind
- When he became overly blind due to his opulences, King Vena mounted a chariot and, like an uncontrolled elephant, began to travel through the kingdom, causing the sky and earth to tremble wherever he went
- When King Citraketu heard of his son's death from unknown causes, he became almost blind. Because of his great affection for his son, his lamentation grew like a blazing fire, & as he went to see the dead child, he kept slipping and falling on the ground
- When Krsna was personally present, the codes of Krsna were being followed without question, but in His absence such codes are presented in the pages of Srimad-Bhagavatam for the guidance of the blind persons who happen to be at the helm of all affairs
- When one comes to the platform of visnor aradhanam, or bhakti-yoga, one has attained the perfection of life. Otherwise, as indicated in Bhagavad-gita, one is not a tattva-vadi but a veda-vadi, a blind follower of the Vedic injunctions
- When one is thus attracted again by the rogues of visaya - eating, sleeping and mating - the horses and chariot driver are thrown into the blinding dark well of material existence, and one is again put into a dangerous and extremely fearful situation
- When Prahlada was asked by his atheistic father to describe something very good which he had learned, he replied to his father, "The best course is to give up the blind well of family life and go to the forest to take shelter of the Supreme Lord"
- Why should one approach a person who is blind with wealth? Rather, one should depend on Krsna, and He will give everything
- With the ropes of His causeless mercy, Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu employed a trick to deliver Raghunatha dasa Gosvami from the blind well of contemptible family life
- Without Krsna, without Krsna consciousness, family life is just like a blind well covered with grass. As soon as you go, and fall down. Prahlada Maharaja recommended that one should give up this blind well and go to the open forest
- You are a renounced sannyasi. What connections do You have? One who worships You for some material purpose is blind to all knowledge
- You cannot see God by your own way. That is not possible. Then you will remain always blind. That is happening at the present moment. The so-called philosophers and scientists, they are trying to see God in their own way
- You don't think material nature is blind. Material nature has got her intelligence, and she is taking intelligence from the Supreme Lord. And according to that she is supplying food or grains and everything
- You require a leader; we require a leader. That is wanted. Without leader we cannot go. But if you select a bad leader, blind leader, then you remain blind