Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
balance | balanced | balanceless | balances | balance's | balancing
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Balance"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A petari is a kind of big basket that is carried in pairs on the ends of a rod balanced over the shoulders. The man who carries such a load is called a bhari
- According to Vedic culture one has to take leave of his family members just after his fiftieth year so that the balance of his life may be completely devoted in search of Krsna consciousness
- Advaita Acarya then requested the Lord to simply accept the prasadam without pretense. If He could not eat it all, the balance could be left on the plate
- After crossing the hills, Sanatana Gosvami told his servant, "Isana, I think you still have some balance left from the gold coins"
- After offering the plate, the balance in the pots should be distributed immediately. The plate can remain on the altar while the rest is being distributed
- Arya means the advanced. One who is advanced in knowledge, in civilization, they are called arya, Aryan civilization. So in the Aryan civilization there are four divisions to maintain the society in the correct balance
- As by the friction of bamboos destruction takes place, so also, at sunset, by the interaction of the faults of intoxication, all their minds became unbalanced, and destruction took place
- At the last stage of life, the different gates of the body are choked by the effects of disease, which are caused by an imbalance of bile, mucus and air
- Balanced eater
- Business offices close at a fixed hour no matter what balance of work remains. Similarly, after the age of fifty one must retire from the active, external life and devote oneself to the introspective cultivation of the human spirit
- By His spiritual energy Sesa Naga sustains all the planetary globes upon His invisible hoods. Sesa Naga is popularly known as Sankarsana, or "that which keeps balance by the law of magnetism"
- Find out from the bank manager what the balance of these two accounts are and send the information to me immediately. Also, what is the progress with the municipal affairs?
- First (Krsna would distribute garlands, betel nuts, sandalwood pulp) to the brahmanas and elderly members of the family, then to the queens, and then to the ministers, and if there were still some balance He would engage it for His own personal use
- First you should pay the revenue due the King, and then you may spend the balance for religious and fruitive activities
- He does not know how his Krishna Consciousness balance is increasing, but one day will come when you will see that actually your father is a good soul
- He said, "The King has excused me for the balance due. He has reappointed me to my post by honoring me with this silken cloth and has doubled my salary"
- I shall gradually pay the balance as I can. Without consideration, however, you were going to take my life. What can I say
- I shall talk with them seriously if you give me assurance you can arrange for the $10,000. For the balance I shall arrange; rest assured
- I think you should send United Shipping Corporation the price in advance of the sitar, and for the balance they can make their invoice. The balance may be deposited in the Hawaii bank, and ask the United Shipping Corporation to send the documents
- In order to keep the balance of social tranquillity for progress in spiritual life, there are traditional family usages meant for every civilized man
- It was settled later on that the eagle (Indra) would accept flesh from the body of the King (Sibi) of the pigeon's (Agni) equivalent weight. The King began to cut flesh from his body to weigh in the balance equivalent to the weight of the pigeon
- It would be better to take the horses for a proper price and let him gradually repay the balance. Why are you killing him unnecessarily
- Nobody will be unemployed. Everyone should be trained up to sleep six to eight hours and attend meeting, chant, and arati. And balance - he must work hard. Not that sleeping unlimitedly. There is no limit
- Nutritional information means that we require for balance food: starch, carbohydrate, protein, fat. What else? Starch, carbohydrate, protein, fat. These are necessary nutrition, but these things are there in vegetable diet
- O Lord of lords (Krsna), O refuge of the worlds, please be gracious to me (Arjuna). I cannot keep my balance seeing thus Your blazing deathlike faces and awful teeth. In all directions I am bewildered
- Of the nine types of devotional service, only seven were immediately given. The balance, friendship and surrendering everything, were to be developed later
- On Janmastami, Lord Krsna's birthday, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dressed Himself as a cowherd boy. At that time He carried a balance with pots of yogurt and wheeled a rod about
- Once when he deposited the collection, however, a balance of 200,000 kahanas of conchshells was due from him. Therefore the King demanded this sum
- One must be freed from the desires for sense satisfaction and avarice for sense gratification. The balanced mode of nature is goodness
- Simple food like rice, dhal, capatis, vegetables, milk and sugar constitute a balanced diet, but sometimes it is found that an initiated person, in the name of prasada, eats very luxurious foodstuffs
- So if we simply become renouncer, that will not help us. Then again we shall become enjoyer, so-called enjoyer. That is like pendulum, balancing, tak, tak, this way, this way
- Tactfully they did not give us the conveyance. So now they have given neither conveyance or returned our money, but the deal is completed. So when they shall give the conveyance, then we shall pay the balance
- The balanced mode of nature is goodness
- The brahmana accepts all kinds of contributions (pratigraha) from his followers (namely, the ksatriyas, vaisyas and sudras). But he does not keep all the money. He keeps only as much as required and gives the balance to others in charity (dana)
- The mystic pigeon always remained heavier (then King Sibi). The King then put himself on the balance to equate with the pigeon, and the demigods were pleased with him
- Then the government took all the horses for a proper price, a time was set for payment of the balance, and Gopinatha Pattanayaka was released
- To balance Mandara Mountain while it was being pulled from both sides, the Lord Himself appeared on its summit like another great mountain
- We are negotiating with some Bombay firm for supplies of musical instruments. Is it possible to open an account in your Bombay branch by transferring part of my credit balance there?
- We have to make our steady progress, keeping both sides in balance; namely the Pancaratriki Biddhi and Bhagavat Biddhi
- When in the sky it is regular speed and balance, it is going nicely. There is no crisis. All crises take place while coming down and going up. Leaving the land and coming the land. I have seen sometimes, they clap as soon as they.... "The danger is over"
- When one is fully qualified yet is humble and gentle, and when one is able to keep his balance both in sorrow and in the ecstasy of joy, he has the opulence called patience (ksama)