Category:Afraid of Death
"afraid of death"|"fearful of death"|"afraid of imminent death"|"afraid of or aggrieved at the death"|"afraid of his imminent death"|"afraid of any place or person, not even of death"|"afraid of meeting death"|"afraid of his death"|"afraid of birth, death"|"afraid at the point of death"|" afraid of ultimate death"|"afraid of the cycle of birth and death"|"afraid of this repetition of birth and death"|"afraid of dying"|"fearful of death"|"fearing death"|"fears death"|"fear death"|"feared dying"|" fear of dying"|"fear for dying"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Not Afraid of Death (1 C, 10 P)
Pages in category "Afraid of Death"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- After this, semen (the faculty of procreation) and the god who presides over the waters appeared. Next appeared an anus and then the organs of defecation and thereupon the god of death, who is feared throughout the universe
- Although Lord Nrsimhadeva appears as death for an atheist like Hiranyakasipu, He is always kind and is the reservoir of all pleasure for the devotees like Prahlada. A pure devotee is not, therefore, afraid of birth, death, old age and disease
- As soon as one is given up completely unto the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord, he is not at all afraid of death
- Because he (Kamsa) was very much afraid of his death, he was thinking of Krsna in that form twenty-four hours a day, without stopping - even while eating, while walking and while breathing - and naturally he got the blessing of liberation
- Brahma is also afraid of his death, and thus he performs devotional service to the Lord, just to release himself from the clutches of illusory energy
- Even dog is afraid, what to speak of man. The animals, when they are taken to be slaughtered, they cry. So animal is afraid of death, why not man? Everyone is afraid
- Everyone should fear death because everyone is caught by the crocodile of eternal time and may die at any moment. The best course, therefore, is to seek shelter of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and be saved from the struggle
- Fearing his death, Kamsa arrested Vasudeva and Devaki and chained them with iron shackles. Suspecting each of the children to be Visnu, Kamsa killed them one after another because of the prophecy that Visnu would kill him
- For an intelligent person, the appearance of old age is an impetus to spiritual life. People naturally fear impending death. The King of the Yavanas tried to utilize Kalakanya for this purpose
- The conditioned soul becomes very morose to receive notice of death. His fear is compared to the fear experienced upon entering a dark mountain cave, and death is compared to a great elephant
- The son of Dronacarya, who made use of this subtle science, did not know how to retract. He applied it, being afraid of his imminent death, and thus the practice was not only improper but also irreligious
- The terrible fear of birth and death can never be forsaken by anyone who resorts to any shelter other than Myself, for I am the almighty Lord, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the original source of all creation, and also the Supreme Soul of all souls
- Those who are not in knowledge, they are afraid of death. Best business is, before the death comes let us finish our Krsna consciousness perfectly. That is wanted. Death will come. You cannot avoid it
- We admit that we are afraid of death. You are also afraid of death. Are you bold enough, if I kill you, immediately you shall stand?
- We are working very hard in this material world, but we are not preparing ourself for death, which is a "must" fact. Everyone must die. The modern civilization, they are afraid of death, but they do not know how to counteract death
- When the moment of death is there, no one may protect us, and if we are not prepared for that moment by practicing Krishna Consciousness or God-consciousness, then we shall be struck with fear and we shall not know where we are going after
- Who is not afraid of death? Everyone is afraid of death. Why?