This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Devotees of God Should Not Be Afraid (1 P)
Pages in category "Afraid"
The following 228 pages are in this category, out of 228 total.
- Afraid (BG)
- Afraid (CC and Other Books)
- Afraid (Conversations 1968 - 1973)
- Afraid (Conversations 1974 - 1975)
- Afraid (Conversations 1976)
- Afraid (Conversations 1977)
- Afraid (Lectures, BG)
- Afraid (Lectures, Other)
- Afraid (Lectures, SB)
- Afraid (Letters)
- Afraid (SB cantos 1 - 6)
- Afraid (SB cantos 7 - 12)
- A hog begets, at a time, one dozen children. What you beget? You are afraid of begetting one child even. This contraceptive method. But they are not afraid. They beget one dozen children at a time, twice in a year
- A person who knows the principles of religion does not kill an enemy who is careless, intoxicated, insane, asleep, afraid or devoid of his chariot. Nor does he kill a boy, a woman, a foolish creature or a surrendered soul
- Actually He (Krsna) was not at all afraid, but He pretended to be an ordinary human being frightened by the immense quantity of soldiers and resources of Jarasandha. Without any weapons Krsna left the battlefield
- Advaita Acarya replied, "My dear Haridasa, do not be afraid. I shall behave strictly according to the principles of the revealed scriptures"
- Advanced life in Krsna Consciousness means one should be always very much anxious to calculate whether every moment of his life has not been utilized in devotional service. This is called feeling of being afraid for misusing time
- After hearing this statement by his daughter, King Saryati was very much afraid. In various ways, he tried to appease Cyavana Muni, for it was he who sat within the hole of the earthworm
- After saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned home. When Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and His other attendants heard about the incident, they became very much afraid
- After saying this, the lion left, but I was very much afraid of Him. Just see the marks of His nails on my heart
- After seeing this, I was very much afraid. I asked them not to stop the congregational chanting but to go sit down at home
- After some inquiries, Svarupa Damodara could understand that the fisherman had caught Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in his net. Since the fisherman was afraid of being haunted by a ghost, Svarupa Damodara gave him a slap and chanted Hare Krsna
- Akrura was afraid, because he had been deputed by Kamsa, the enemy of Krsna. He thought, "I am going to see Krsna as a messenger of the enemy." At the same time, he thought, "Krsna is in everyone’s heart as Supersoul, so He must know my heart"
- All the demigods, being afraid of him (Bali), left the heavenly planets and went away, following the instructions of their guru
- Although I am unfit and greatly afraid to submit this plea, I nevertheless request You, Sir, to be especially merciful toward me by granting me shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although Lord Brahma was speaking, he had to stop for a while because Bali Maharaja's wife, Vindhyavali, who was very agitated and afraid, wanted to say something
- Although Lord Visnu, Siva & Brahma are always ready to help the demigods, headed by Indra, we have no reason to be afraid of them. As far as Visnu is concerned, He has already hidden Himself within the hearts of all living entities, He cannot come out
- An exalted person can suffer the consequences of hellish life, but he is very much afraid of being defamed for deviation from the truth
- Another gopi said, "O best in the dynasty of Yadu, if anyone afraid of this materialistic way of life takes shelter at Your lotus feet, You never deny him protection"
- Arjuna was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- Arjuna, however, became very much afraid upon seeing the gigantic form of everything, distinct from the material experience
- As is the nature of this material world, the King of heaven, Indra, is very anxious if a great sage undergoes severe austerities. The whole material world is filled with such envy that everyone becomes afraid of his neighbors
- At the present moment practically the entire world is afraid of rogues and nondevotees; therefore this Krsna consciousness movement is started to save the world from irreligious principles
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya was very much afraid to see them, but by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's influence, all the animals stood to one side
- Bali Maharaja's chaste wife, afraid and aggrieved at seeing her husband arrested, immediately offered obeisances to Lord Vamanadeva (Upendra). She folded her hands and spoke
- Because I (Vasudeva) am afraid of Kamsa You have appeared just to deliver me from that fear. You do not belong to this material world; You are the same person who brings about the cosmic manifestation simply by glancing over material nature
- Because of attachment for money, the richest person is even afraid of himself. He fears that he may have locked his money in an unsafe manner or might have committed some mistake
- Because the tiger's ear had been cut by the edge of the sword, the tiger was very afraid, and it fled from that place, while bleeding on the street
- Being afraid of his book's becoming too voluminous, he left some places without vivid descriptions. I shall try to fill those places as far as possible
- Being afraid of his reputation (pratistha), Madhavendra Puri fled from Remuna. But the reputation brought by love of Godhead is so sublime that it goes along with the devotee, as if following him
- Being afraid, Sarvabhauma returned home and began to meditate on the matter
- Being very afraid of Lord Visnu's cakra, Rahu cannot stay in front of the sun or moon for more than a muhurta (forty-eight minutes). The phenomenon that occurs when Rahu blocks the light of the sun or moon is called an eclipse
- Being very much afraid that the time factor will end our existence, we offer presentations unto time by performing our work as time dictates. The time factor himself, however, is afraid of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Being very much afraid, the girl Sukanya said to her father: I have done something wrong, for I have ignorantly pierced these two luminous substances with a thorn
- Brahma, as the supermost brahmana, is afraid of such a falldown, and therefore he prays to the Lord for protection. This is a warning for one and all in the spiritual advancement of life
- Brahma, disgusted with the Rudra generations and afraid of being devoured by the increase of population, asked Rudra to stop producing such an unwanted generation and take to penance for attaining the favor of the Supreme Lord
- Brahmananda Bharati said, "You instruct the general populace by Your behavior. I will not do anything against Your wishes; otherwise You will not offer me respects but will neglect me. I am afraid of this"
- But the brahmanas, although they had come to know the supremacy of the Lord and were repenting, were still afraid of King Kamsa because they were too much addicted to fruitive activities
- By following in the footsteps of pure devotees, we can know that Krsna, the Ranacoraji, left the battlefield not because He was afraid but because He had some other purpose
- By nature the doe was always afraid of being killed by others, and it was always looking about suspiciously. When it heard the lion's tumultuous roar, it became very agitated
- By the way He (Krsna) was speaking, she (Rukmini) was afraid of being separated from the Lord, for she had never heard such harsh words from Krsna before. Thus she became perplexed with fear of separation, and her heart began to palpitate
- Demons are always afraid of demigods. After being informed by Narada about the appearance of the demigods in different families, Kamsa at once became very much alarmed
- Devaki was very much afraid of her brother Kamsa because he had already killed so many of her children. So she was very anxious about Krsna
- Don't be afraid if somebody tortures us, somebody teases us. We must go on with Krsna consciousness without any hesitation, and Krsna will give us protect. If you are more tortured, then Krsna will appear as Nrsimhadeva and give you all protection
- Even in Africa, in the village, where they have got so big, big earrings, they are also chanting Hare Krsna maha-mantra. They are also chanting. Therefore the African government is a little afraid of this movement
- Everyone is afraid of the activities of time, but a devotee who knows that the time factor is another representation or manifestation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead has nothing to fear from the influence of time
- Everyone is full of lamentation at every moment, he is after the mirage of illusory things, and he is always afraid of his supposed enemy. These are the primary symptoms of material disease
- Everyone knew that Damodara Pandita was strict in practical dealings. Therefore everyone was afraid of him and dared not do anything independent
- Haridasa Thakura was afraid that Advaita Acarya would be put into some difficulty because of His familiarity with Haridasa Thakura
- He became extremely afraid of being defeated by the demons, and in great anger at Visvarupa he cut Visvarupa's three heads from his shoulders
- He slapped the fisherman three times and said, "Now the ghost has gone away. Do not be afraid." By saying this, he pacified the fisherman
- Hearing this supposed curse by Lord Caitanya, the girls, considering that He might know something uncommon or be empowered by demigods, were afraid that His curse might be effective
- Here we have got one quality, that fear, always fearing. Just like we are having these railings, why? We are afraid, we may not be attacked. The material life means ahara-nidra-bhaya-maithunam ca. We must eat, we must sleep, and we must be afraid
- Hiranyakasipu was afraid of being killed by someone else in another land. There are many other planets, higher and lower, and therefore he prayed for the benediction of not being killed by any resident of any of these planets
- Hiranyaksa, by his demoniac strength, actually established his supremacy throughout the universe, and the demigods were afraid of his uncommon power
- Human life means to take freedom from these four things: no more afraid, no more sex, no more hankering after eating or sleeping. That is success
- I always keep myself separate from the association of ordinary men because I am aware of the falldown in my past life. Being afraid of their bad, materialistic association, I wander alone unnoticed by others
- I am afraid of taxing my brain about this Corporation of ISKCON so you and Bali Mardan Maharaja do the needful that will be a relief to me
- I had advised Brahmananda not to go to Pakistan after the civil war began there but I am afraid that he was very daring and might have gone against my instruction; so I am very, very much anxious to know about Brahmananda
- I have therefore made only a brief summary. Being afraid of repetition, I have not elaborated upon this subject matter
- If a king, being afraid to meet rogues and thieves, kills poor animals and eats their flesh comfortably at home, he must lose his position
- If a person engaged in Krsna consciousness, however, is also afraid of giving up his body, what is the use of his having labored to study the sastras? It was simply a waste of time
- If the Krsna consciousness movement spreads, the so-called businessmen will have to close their slaughterhouses, breweries and cigarette factories. Therefore they are also very much afraid
- If there were no rebirth for the soul, Arjuna had no reason to be afraid of being affected by sinful reactions due to his killing his grandfather and teacher
- If we are always afraid of our mistakes, Krishna will save us from all such misgivings and even imperceptibly we commit some mistake, He will forgive us
- If you (Lord Kamadeva) were not the only husband, You would be afraid of others. Therefore persons learned in all Vedic literature accept only Your Lordship as everyone's master, and they think no one else a better husband and protector than You
- If you are a devil, you cannot do it. The devil and divine. Divine means spiritually advanced, and devil means materially advanced. And because we are manufacturing divine, the devils are afraid of it. The devils do not like this movement
- In India, according to Vedic civilization, one is very much afraid of taking loan from others because he has conviction, "If I do not pay, then in my next life I'll have to pay many times. So I must liquidate my debt." That's a fact
- In material existence, the living entities are afraid of Satanic influence, but for a devotee on the transcendental plane there is no such fear at all
- In material life we shall be always afraid. Afraid. Everyone is afraid. So iccha-bhaya-krodha. Anger is unavoidable because in so many things we are frustrated in our dealing that anger is possible
- In the hellish condition within the womb, the living entity is very much afraid of being born again
- In the hellish condition within the womb, the living entity is very much afraid of being born again, but when he is out of the womb, when he is in full life and good health, he forgets everything and commits again and again the same sins
- In this way Sanatana Gosvami convinced the jailkeeper, who replied, "Please hear me, my dear sir. I am willing to release you, but I am afraid of the government"
- In this way they (Kaliya and his wives) pleased the master of Garuda, of whom they were very much afraid. Then, obeying the orders of Lord Krsna, all of them left the lake within the Yamuna
- In this way they both presented many impediments, indirectly not granting the Lord permission to go to Vrndavana. They did this because they were afraid of separation from Him
- In this way, through the association of the great sage Narada Muni, the hunter was a little convinced of his sinful activity. He therefore became somewhat afraid due to his offenses
- In USA there is some trouble in recruiting soldiers, because... Why the difficulty is? The difficulty is the training is like sudras. The young men are trained up like sudras, how they can fight? Therefore they are afraid. They try to avoid fighting
- Indeed, the caudhuri was afraid of Raghunatha dasa because Raghunatha dasa belonged to the kayastha community. Although the caudhuri would chastise him with oral vibrations, he was afraid to beat him
- Indeed, the people became afraid just to see His teeth chatter, and they even thought that His teeth would fall out
- Indra was very much afraid of the severe austerities performed by the great sage Kandu, and he sent Pramloca to break his vows and austerities
- It is not that Lord Visnu was afraid of Hiranyakasipu; rather, because of compassion, Lord Visnu was in anxiety about how to act for his welfare
- Its top was as strong as a thunderbolt. When they saw that unusual animal, they became afraid of it. The name of this beast was Bakasura, and he was a friend of Kamsa's
- King Rahugana could understand the speeches given by the carriers, who were afraid of being punished. He could also understand that simply due to the fault of one person, the palanquin was not being carried properly
- Krsna and the citizens of Dvaraka then found in the forest a great tunnel, said to be the path to Rksa's house. Krsna knew that the inhabitants of Dvaraka would be afraid to enter the tunnel
- Krsna said to Arjuna, "My dear Pandava, Arjuna, don't be afraid"
- Krsna said: Know from Me that this is the act of the son of Drona. He has thrown the hymns of nuclear energy (brahmastra), and he does not know how to retract the glare. He has helplessly done this, being afraid of imminent death
- Lalita says that "I know Swamiji is very exalted. I am simply afraid... He has so many American disciples. If some of them do something wrong, then that will be very bad thing for him." Lalita was telling me like that. But what can I do?
- Lord Siva was so afraid of him that his body trembled, and he fled from the land to the sky and from the sky to other planets, until he reached the limits of the universe, above the higher planetary systems
- Lord Vasudeva is the only shelter of those who are actually afraid of material existence. By constantly thinking of His lotus feet, these three sons of Maharaja Priyavrata became advanced in pure devotional service
- Lord Visnu said, "My dear father, O great sage, I know that your feet are very soft, like a lotus flower, and that My chest is as hard as a thunderbolt. I am therefore afraid that you (Bhrgu Muni) may have felt some pain by kicking My chest
- Maharaja Pariksit was always consciously surrendered to the Personality of Godhead, and therefore he was neither afraid nor overwhelmed by fear due to a snake-bird which was to bite him because of the fury of a brahmana boy
- Materialists are generally very attached to their present bodily comforts and to the bodily comforts they expect in the future. Therefore they are always absorbed in thoughts of their wives, children and wealth and are afraid of giving up their bodies
- Men are afraid of Yamaraja because it is he only who awards punishment to the miscreants of the material world, but those who are devotees of the Lord have nothing to fear from him
- Mother Yasoda could understand that Krsna was unnecessarily afraid, and for His benefit she wanted to allay His fears. Being the topmost well-wisher of her child, Yasoda thought, "If the child is too fearful of me, I don’t know what will happen to Him"
- My (Kardama Muni) dear Devahuti, you look very much afraid. First bathe in Lake Bindu-sarovara, created by Lord Visnu Himself, which can grant all the desires of a human being, and then mount this airplane
- My Dear Lord, I am not afraid of this your fierceful feature, but I am afraid of the repeated cycle of birth and death in the material existence
- My dear Sir, Your behavior is uncommon. Indeed, sometimes I am afraid to speak to You. But please favor me by protecting me from the behavior of society
- My grandfather, the best of all men, who achieved unlimited knowledge and was worshipable for everyone, was afraid of the common men in this world
- My only request is we must spend money very cautiously and not to waste. For improvement we can spend. I am simply afraid that money may not be wasted
- Nanda continued, "They (demons) were so strong that even the demigods in the heavenly planets were afraid of them, but Krsna killed them as easily as anything"
- Narada told Kamsa, "Being afraid of your atrocious nature, Vasudeva has tactfully hidden Them in Vrndavana, out of your sight." Narada further informed Kamsa, "Krsna and Balarama have been living incognito in the care of Nanda Maharaja"
- Nityananda Prabhu then said, "We want to tell You something. Although we cannot stay without speaking, we are still very much afraid to speak"
- Not only were the demigods in space afraid of the demons Hiranyakasipu and Hiranyaksa, but so also were the aquatic animals within the sea
- O best of kings, please get up! Get up! Just see this world surrounded by water and infested with rogues and so-called kings. This world is very much afraid, and it is your duty to protect her
- O best of the great personalities, I am not at all afraid of material existence, for wherever I stay I am fully absorbed in thoughts of Your glories and activities
- O King, when that uncontrollable poison was forcefully spreading up and down in all directions, all the demigods, along with the Lord Himself, approached Lord Siva (Sadasiva). Feeling unsheltered and very much afraid, they sought shelter of him
- O lord, we know that when you simply move your eyebrows, all the commanders of the various planets are most afraid. Without the help of any assistant, you have conquered all the three worlds
- O most powerful, insurmountable Lord, who are kind to the fallen souls, I have been put into the association of demons as a result of my activities, and therefore I am very much afraid of my condition of life within this material world
- O my Lord, the people of the world are embarrassed by all material anxieties - they are always afraid. They always try to protect wealth, body and friends, they are filled with lamentation and unlawful desires and paraphernalia
- On every planet, even in the higher planetary systems, including the moon and the sun, as well as on this earth, the same principles of animal life exist. Otherwise, why are the demigods also afraid of the darkness?
- Once Sridama challenged Bhadrasena and said to him, "My dear friend, you needn't be afraid of me yet. I shall first of all defeat our brother Balarama, then I shall beat Krsna, and then I shall come to you"
- One gopi said, "My dear friend, whose hand is this touching my body (Krsna was touching her body)? I had become very afraid after seeing the darkened forest on the bank of the Yamuna, but suddenly the touch of this hand has saved me from hysterical fits"
- One resident of Vrndavana once told Lord Krsna, "My dear Krsna, O pleasure of Vrndavana! Being afraid of this material existence, we have taken shelter of You, for You can completely protect us! We are well aware of Your greatness
- One should take lessons from the acts of Maharaja Yudhisthira. He was afraid of sins committed on the battlefield, and therefore he wanted to satisfy the supreme authority
- One who considers himself a hero should not kill an enemy who is afraid of losing his life. Such killing is never glorious, nor can it promote one to the heavenly planets
- One who in this world or this life is very proud of his wealth always thinks, "I am so rich. Who can equal me?" His vision is twisted, and he is always afraid that someone will take his wealth. Indeed, he even suspects his superiors
- Other sinful persons, such as dog-eaters & candalas, who are less than sudras, can also be freed in this way. But you are a devotee & we shall help you by performing the great horse sacrifice. If you please Narayana in that way, why should you be afraid?
- Seeing me so afraid, the lion said, 'I have defeated you just to teach you a lesson, but I must be merciful to you
- Seeing that wonderful and effulgent form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Prajapati Daksa was first somewhat afraid, but then he was very pleased to see the Lord, and he fell to the ground like a stick (dandavat) to offer his respects to the Lord
- Seeing the people so afraid, the Lord came to His external senses and thus returned to the house of Srivasa Thakura and threw away the club
- She blessed the newborn child by placing fresh grass and paddy on His head and saying, "May You be blessed with a long duration of life." But being afraid of ghosts and witches, she gave the child the name Nimai
- Since the fisherman was afraid of being haunted by a ghost, Svarupa Damodara gave him a slap and chanted Hare Krsna, which immediately pacified him
- Siva addresses Sati thusly, "My dear Sati, persons who are devoted to Narayana (Krsna) are not afraid of anything"
- So far we are concerned, we are eating remnants of foodstuff which was offered to Krishna, so we are not afraid of anything
- So many Vaisnavas have taken birth in America. Now America is going to be glorified. So many people are afraid of the American CIA. But now they will welcome Americans as American Vaisnavas
- Sometimes the karmis are afraid of this Krsna consciousness movement because they know that as soon as one becomes Krsna conscious, he is no more interested in these material things. Just like we say "Don't eat meat"
- Sometimes the living entity in the forest of material existence takes shelter of creepers and desires to hear the chirping of the birds in those creepers. Being afraid of roaring lions in the forest, he makes friends with cranes, herons and vultures
- Sometimes the members of the Krsna Consciousness Society are afraid of the impending danger of world war and ask what would happen to them if a war should occur
- Son of Satyabhama's nurse said, "I simply expect the favorable glance of Krsna upon me, and so I am not even afraid of Satyabhama, who is so dear to Krsna"
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami answered: When all the great sages and demigods were disturbed by the extraordinary power of Vrtrasura, they had assembled to ask Indra to kill him. Indra, however, being afraid of killing a brahmana, declined their request
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: My dear Pariksit, one who employs this armor or hears about it with faith and veneration when afraid because of any conditions in the material world is immediately freed from all dangers and is worshiped by all living entities
- Such a mystic becomes so joyful by constant execution of the regulative principles of devotional service that he thereby achieves the special favor of the Supreme Lord. Yamaraja, the mighty superintendent of death, is afraid to go near such a devotee
- Suta Gosvami said: Being afraid for having killed so many subjects on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, Maharaja Yudhisthira went to the scene of the massacre. There, Bhismadeva was lying on a bed of arrows, about to pass away
- The brahmanas repented their sinful activities. They wanted to go personally to offer their obeisances unto Him, but being afraid of Kamsa, they could not go to Krsna and surrender unto Him
- The bull was as white as a white lotus flower. He was terrified of the sudra who was beating him, and he was so afraid that he was standing on one leg, trembling and urinating
- The child is afraid of taking medicine. That also I have experienced. In my childhood, when I became ill, I was very stubborn. I won't accept any medicine. So my mother used to force medicine within my mouth with a spoon. I was so obstinate
- The conditioned soul is sometimes illusioned and afraid. Sometimes he cries loudly out of fear. Sometimes he is happy maintaining his family, and sometimes he is overjoyed and sings melodiously
- The demigods said: You (Mother Devaki) should not be afraid of your brother, the King of Bhoja. Your son Lord Krsna, who is the original Personality of Godhead, will appear for the protection of the pious Yadu dynasty
- The demigods, although afraid of the demons, were confident of the protection of Krsna. Therefore, even in the midst of danger they were engaged in sportive activities
- The demon Vrkasura approached Lord Siva to place his hand on Lord Siva's head. Lord siva was so afraid of him that his body trembled, and he fled from the land to the sky and from the sky to other planets, until he reached the limits of the universe
- The demons had developed affection for Mohini-murti and a kind of faith in Her, & they were afraid of disturbing their relationship. Therefore they showed respect and honor to Her words & did not say anything that might disturb their friendship with Her
- The Earth personified continued, "He (bhagadatta) has been very much affected by the ghastly situation created by the death of his father and has become very much confused and afraid"
- The farmer then becomes very happy to see his field full of grain, but the capitalists—who are always unaware of the activities of a supernatural power—become unhappy because they are afraid of a competitive price due to abundant production
- The fire-god used to bring him his share of all yajnas, but because the fire-god was afraid to enter the water, Indra was practically starving
- The generations of Rudra, the incarnation of anger, were so dangerous to the maintenance of universal affairs that even Brahma, the father of the living entities, became afraid of them
- The gopis said, "Although we know that Krsna is very steady and determined, we are afraid that as soon as He sees the beautiful faces of the young girls in Mathura, He will forget Himself"
- The Krsna consciousness movement is spreading like wildfire all over the world, and it will go on doing so. Men who are like Kamsa are very much afraid of the movement's progress and acceptance by the younger generation
- The ksatriyas who were afraid of Parasurama and had hidden themselves in the Caucasian hilly regions later on became known as the Abhiras, and the place they inhabited was known as Abhiradesa
- The Lord (Caitanya) became morose and said to Srivasa Thakura, "When I adopted the mood of Lord Nrsimha-deva, people were greatly afraid. Therefore I stopped, since causing fear among people is an offense"
- The Lord became morose and said to Srivasa Thakura, "When I adopted the mood of Lord Nrsimhadeva, people were greatly afraid. Therefore I stopped, since causing fear among people is an offense"
- The Lord did not always manifest His ecstasy. Being afraid of a great assembly of people, the Lord kept His ecstasy concealed
- The Lord knew that if He did not eat the food offered by Jagadananda, Jagadananda would certainly fast. Being afraid of this, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ate some of the prasadam he offered
- The Lord replied, "All these men are My confidential associates. You may speak frankly. There is no reason to be afraid of them"
- The loud sound of the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra certainly made the Kazi very much afraid, and he hid himself within his room. Hearing the people thus protesting, murmuring in great anger, the Kazi would not come out of his home
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, we are not among these surrendered souls; we are still within the duality and illusion of this material existence. We therefore take shelter of Your lotus feet, for we are afraid of the cycle of birth and death"
- The most powerful and able Lord Siva reassured them and said, "Do not be afraid." He then fixed his arrows to his bow and released them toward the three residences occupied by the demons
- The most unfortunate persons are the impersonalists, who cannot understand the transcendental variegatedness of the spiritual world. They are afraid to talk about the beauty of the Vaikuntha planets because they think that variegatedness must be material
- The Queen (Arci) should have been afraid of being alone in the forest with the body of her husband (King Prthu), but since she was a great wife of a great personality, she lamented for a while but immediately understood that she had many duties to perform
- The remaining trees, being very much afraid of the Pracetas, immediately delivered their daughter at the advice of Lord Brahma
- The sage Maitreya said: Lord Siva was silent after speaking to Sati, seeing her between decisions. Sati was very much anxious to see her relatives at her father's house, but at the same time she was afraid of Lord Siva's warning
- The sons and grandsons generated by Rudra were unlimited in number, and when they assembled together they attempted to devour the entire universe. When Brahma, the father of the living entities, saw this, he became afraid of the situation
- The time factor, who causes the transformation of the various material manifestations, is another feature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Anyone who does not know that time is the same Supreme Personality is afraid of the time factor
- The very word "king" suggests one who is always surrounded by money and women. As a sannyasi, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was afraid of both money and women. The very word "king" is repugnant to one who is in the renounced order of life
- There is a similar prayer by a brahmana who says, "Let others worship the Vedas and the Upanisads, and let others worship the Mahabharata if they are afraid of material existence and want to become liberated from that condition"
- There is earthquake, and we are afraid of this building may fall down, the cause of disturbances, then we become very much disturbed - sometimes screaming. So one who is not disturbed, even there is cause of disturbance, he is called dhira
- There is no reason for you to be afraid, for I shall not remain in this country. I shall become a mendicant and go to the holy city of Mecca
- Thereafter, His father, being afraid of Kamsa, brought Him to the cow pastures of Maharaja Nanda, and there He lived for eleven years like a covered flame with His elder brother, Baladeva
- These symptoms are sometimes manifested internally and sometimes externally. The pure devotee always feels such symptomatic expressions within himself, but being afraid of outsiders he does not generally manifest them externally
- They (demigods) are always afraid of other competitors, but if they take shelter of the arms of the Lord, the Lord can protect them always from the attacks of enemies
- They (Krsna and Balarama) called to the gopis, "Don’t be afraid, don’t be afraid. We are coming at once to chastise this demon." Very quickly They reached Sankhacuda
- They (Krsna's personal associates) are mostly looking on with tears in their eyes, and in the enthusiasm of their service they are not afraid even of the devastating fire generated by Lord Siva. They are souls simply surrendered unto Your lotus feet
- They (the demigods) are always afraid of fighting with us (the counselors of Kamsa), and even if they wish to check our activities, they will not dare to do so. Because of your (Kamsa) immeasurable strength, they fear your bow
- This Aghasura was so dangerous that even the denizens of heaven were afraid of him. Although the denizens of heaven drank nectar daily to prolong their lives, they were afraid of this Aghasura and were wondering, "When will the demon be killed?"
- This is an instance of ecstatic love for Krsna in fearfulness caused by a tumultuous sound. This kind of fearfulness is a little different from being actually afraid
- To follow the footprints of Prahlada Maharaja, one should be very, very afraid. And the whole process of Vedic civilization, especially devotional service, is how to avoid this samsara-cakra-kadana
- To lie or fail to honor a promise given to a brahmacari is never proper, for lying is the most sinful activity. Everyone should be afraid of the sinful reactions to lying, for mother earth cannot even bear the weight of a sinful liar
- Upon hearing the sound, the other leaders of the demons were afraid. None of them could find the origin of that sound in the assembly
- Upon hearing this, the brahmana became afraid. He then said, "Why do You speak like this? You are a sannyasi"
- Upon seeing the person engaged in performing the sacrifice, animals are extremely afraid, thinking, "This merciless performer of sacrifices, being ignorant of the purpose of sacrifice and being most satisfied by killing others, will surely kill us"
- Vena was very severe and cruel; therefore, as soon as all the thieves and rogues in the state heard of his ascendance to the royal throne, they became very much afraid of him. Indeed, they hid themselves here and there as rats hide themselves from snakes
- Very much pleased by the sound of other people's ankle bells, They (Krsna and Balarama) used to follow these people as if going to Their mothers, but when They saw that these were other people, They became afraid and returned to Their real mothers
- Vidura said: He (Yudhisthira) is waiting with his younger brothers, among whom is the revengeful Bhima, breathing heavily like a snake. Surely you (Dhrtarastra) are afraid of him
- Visnu said: I know you are very concerned about Me and afraid of Kamsa. Therefore I order you to take Me immediately to Gokula and exchange Me for the daughter who has just been born to Yasoda
- We are always afraid of these hindrances to our auspicious life. Therefore, may they all be completely destroyed by the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- When a female messenger from Indra named Sarama chants a particular curse, the serpentine demons of Mahatala become very afraid of Indra
- When Arjuna saw the universal form of the Lord, he was so afraid that he begged pardon for his dealings with Krsna as an intimate friend. As a friend, Arjuna often behaved unceremoniously with the Lord
- When evening clouds assembled overhead and thundered threateningly, all the Vaisnavas were very much afraid. But the Lord (Caitanya) took His karatalas in His hands and personally began chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- When Hiranyakasipu was freed from the hands of Nrsimhadeva, he falsely thought that the Lord was afraid of his prowess. Therefore, after taking a little rest from the fight, he took up his sword and shield and again attacked the Lord with great force
- When Indra saw the thunderbolt return from the enemy, he was very much afraid. He began to wonder whether this had happened because of some miraculous superior power
- When King Indra ordered the Samvartaka and companion clouds to go to Vrndavana, the clouds were afraid of doing this mischief
- When Krsna suddenly disappeared from the company of the gopis, they searched for Him everywhere. After not finding Him anywhere, they became afraid and almost mad after Him
- When Lord Krsna heard the prayers of mother earth, He immediately assured her of immunity from all fearful situations. He said to Bhagadatta, "Don't be afraid." Then He entered the palace of Bhaumasura, which was equipped with all kinds of opulences
- When Lord Nrsimhadeva appeared, Prahlada Maharaja was never afraid of Him, whereas his atheist father was immediately faced with death personified and was killed
- When my Guru Maharaja was present even big, big scholars were afraid to talk with His beginning students
- When one is afraid of something, he can still think of past and future. But when there is this kind of ecstatic apprehension, there is no scope for such thinking
- When Sanda and Amarka, the sons of Sukracarya, observed that all the students, the sons of the demons, were becoming advanced in Krsna consciousness because of the association of Prahlada Maharaja, they were afraid
- When Sati, with her followers, reached the arena, because all the people assembled were afraid of Daksa, none of them received her well
- When the boys saw that the calves were not nearby, they became afraid for their safety, and they immediately cried out, "Krsna!" Krsna is the killer of fear personified. Everyone is afraid of fear personified, but fear personified is afraid of Krsna
- When the demigods saw Vrtrasura's attitude, they were so afraid that they practically fainted, and Vrtrasura began trampling them down
- When the does and bucks came and saw the Lord's face, they began to lick His body. Not being at all afraid of Him, they accompanied Him along the path
- When the doormen of Vaikunthaloka, who were certainly devotees of the Lord, found that they were going to be cursed by the brahmanas, they at once became very much afraid and fell down at the feet of the brahmanas in great anxiety
- When the earth saw that King Prthu was taking his bow and arrow to kill her, she became very much afraid and began to tremble. She then began to flee, exactly like a deer, which runs very swiftly when followed by a hunter
- When the food was thus delivered, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu looked at it for some time. Being afraid of Jagadananda, He finally ate something
- When the King of the elephants saw that he was under the clutches of the crocodile by the will of providence and, being embodied and circumstantially helpless, could not save himself from danger, he was extremely afraid of being killed
- When the living entity gets the body of a demigod, he is certainly very jubilant, when he gets a human body he is always in lamentation, and when he gets the body of an animal, he is always afraid
- When the palanquin carriers heard the threatening words of Maharaja Rahugana, they became very afraid of his punishment and began to speak to him as follows
- When the soldiers of the demons, commanded by Vrtrasura, saw that the soldiers of King Indra were quite well, having not been injured at all by their volleys of weapons, not even by the trees, stones and mountain peaks, the demons were very much afraid
- When the Yamuna was threatened like this, she became greatly afraid of the power of Balarama and immediately came in person, falling at His lotus feet and praying
- When Uttara was attacked by the brahmastra of Asvatthama, she became afraid of losing her child, Maharaj Pariksit, who was still within the womb. She immediately surrendered to Krsna and said
- When you forget Krsna, or God, and if we think there is something else than Krsna, then we are afraid. And those who are convinced and realized souls that there is nothing but Krsna, where is the cause of fearfulness?
- With an appealing voice, the poor small fish said to Satyavrata, who was very merciful: My dear King, protector of the poor, why are you throwing Me in the water of the river, where there are other aquatics who can kill Me? I am very much afraid of them
- Yamaraja is the representative of Krsna, a servant of Krsna. He is Vaisnava. Yamaraja, we are very much afraid of Yamaraja, but he Vaisnava. Not only Vaisnava, but he's one of the mahajanas
- You have forbidden the performance of My congregational chanting. Therefore I must destroy you!' Being very much afraid of Him, I closed my eyes and trembled