Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
abode | abodes
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Abode of The Lord (46 P)
- ► Eternal Abode (18 P)
- ► Home (15 C, 531 P)
- ► Transcendental Abode (1 C, 37 P)
Pages in category "Abode"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- After instructing and pacifying all the demigods, as well as Bhumi, with sweet words, Lord Brahma, the father of all Prajapatis, or progenitors of the universal population, departed for his own abode, the highest material planet, called Brahmaloka
- After thus killing the most formidable demon Hiranyaksa, the Supreme Lord Hari, the origin of the boar species, returned to His own abode, where there is always an uninterrupted festival. The Lord was praised by all the demigods, headed by Brahma
- After thus worshiping the transcendental form of the Lord, all the demigods, with Lord Brahma and Lord Siva placed in front, departed for their heavenly abodes
- Ajamila saw three awkward persons with deformed bodily features, fierce, twisted faces, and hair standing erect on their bodies. With ropes in their hands, they had come to take him away to the abode of Yamaraja
- Although there is no question of creation as far as the spiritual world is concerned, the spiritual world is nonetheless manifested by the supreme will of Sankarsana. The spiritual world is the abode of the pastimes of the eternal spiritual energy
- As a herd of bulls circumambulates a central pole on their right side, all the luminaries within the universal sky unceasingly circumambulate the abode of Dhruva Maharaja with great force and speed
- As the next result of the churning, the king of elephants, named Airavata, was generated. This elephant was white, and with its four tusks it defied the glories of Kailasa Mountain, the glorious abode of Lord Siva
- Badarikasrama in the Himalayas, the abode of the Nara-Narayana sages, is a great place of pilgrimage for the Hindus
- Beautifying these waters are the lotus flowers of singing, dancing and loud chanting of Krsna's holy name, which are the pleasure abodes of unalloyed devotees
- Below the abodes of the Yaksas and Raksasas by a distance of 100 yojanas (800 miles) is the planet earth. Its upper limits extend as high as swans, hawks, eagles and similar large birds can fly
- Brahma, the master of this universe, after offering humble & respectful obeisances unto the SP of God & circumambulating Him three times, was ready to return to his abode, known as Brahmaloka. By His gesture, the SP of God gave him permission to return
- By this system, which is called yukta-vairagya, one attains perfection. Therefore the devotee is not disturbed by these descriptions, because he knows that his passage to the supreme abode is guaranteed by devotional service
- By worshiping the demigods one may elevate himself to the higher planets, but during the dissolution of the material world, the deity and the abode of the deity will be destroyed
- Devi means "resplendent and most beautiful." Or else it means "the lovely abode of the worship and love sports of Lord Krsna"
- Due to long association with a particular type of material body and also due to the grace of Kalakanya and her maya, one becomes overly attached to a material body, although it is the abode of pain
- Garbhodasayi and Ksirodasayi are both called purusas. They are plenary portions of Karanodasayi Visnu, the first purusa, who is the abode of all the universes
- Gokula, the supreme abode and planet, appears like a lotus flower that has a thousand petals. The whorl of that lotus is the abode of the Supreme Lord, Krsna. This lotus-shaped supreme abode is created by the will of Lord Ananta
- He (Hiranyakasipu) defeated the rulers of all the other planets where there are living entities and brought them under his control. Conquering the abodes of all, he seized their power and influence
- He can see, hear, touch or manifest Himself anywhere and everywhere, for He is present everywhere as the Supersoul of all infinitesimal souls, although He has His particular abode in the absolute world
- He removes the distresses of His devotees and satisfies their desires. He, the abode of all holy places and the shelter of all sages, is worshipable by Lord Siva and Lord Brahma. He is the boat of the demigods for crossing the ocean of birth and death
- Hearing this complaint by Indra, the King of heaven, Krsna, accompanied by His wife Satyabhama, immediately started for the abode of Bhaumasura. The two of them rode on the back of Garuda, who flew them to Pragjyotisa-pura, Bhaumasura's capital city
- Hiranyakasipu defeated the rulers of all the other planets where there are living entities and brought them under his control. Conquering the abodes of all, he seized their power and influence
- His (Brahma's) abode is called tri-dhama-paramam. There are three divisions of the universe - the upper planetary system, the middle planetary system and the lower planetary system - but his abode is above even Siddhaloka
- I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dear friend
- I taste the bliss to which the object of love is entitled. But the pleasure of Radha, the abode of that love, is ten million times greater
- If Krsna and the enemies who harbor feelings of opposition toward Him are respectively the object and abodes of the mellow of laughter, the resulting feelings are called aparasa, opposing mellows
- If sometime I can be the abode of that love, only then may I taste its joy
- In His later pastimes He accepts the sannyasa order, and He is equipoised and peaceful. He is the highest abode of peace and devotion, for He silences the impersonalist nondevotees
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says, yanti deva-vrata devan, (BG 9.25) "The worshipers of the demigods attain the abodes of the demigods." There were many people who worshiped the demigods & many who directly worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- It appears that this place is situated in the northernmost part of the Himalayan Mountains, where the abode of Nara-Narayana is situated. This place is still existing and is called Badarikasrama
- Life in the higher planets, known as the abodes of the denizens of heaven, is obtained not by the strength of spacecraft (as is now being contemplated by the inexperienced scientists), but by works done in the mode of goodness
- Lord Brahma then returned to his celestial abode, known as Satyaloka, which is described here as being impeccable and being unapproachable by words
- Lord Brahma, sitting on his lotus seat in his own abode, always meditates on Him and worships Him with the mantra consisting of eighteen syllables
- Mahatala is the abode of many-hooded snakes, descendants of Kadru, who are always very angry. The great snakes who are prominent are Kuhaka, Taksaka, Kaliya and Susena
- My (the Lord) devotee becomes self-realized by My unlimited causeless mercy, and thus, when freed from all doubts, he steadily progresses towards his destined abode, which is directly under the protection of My spiritual energy of unadulterated bliss
- My mind races to taste the pleasure experienced by the abode, but I cannot taste it, even by My best efforts. How may I taste it?
- Narada returned to his abode, known as Narayanasrama, and the two demigods turned into trees, known as twin arjuna trees. They were favored by the causeless mercy of Narada and given a chance to grow in Nanda’s courtyard and see Lord Krsna face to face
- Narayana refers to one whose abode is in the water born from Nara (Garbhodakasayi Visnu), and that Narayana is Your plenary portion. All Your plenary portions are transcendental. They are absolute and are not creations of maya
- O Narada, the evacuating outlet of the universal form of the Lord is the abode of the controlling deity of death, Mitra, and the evacuating hole and the rectum of the Lord is the place of envy, misfortune, death, hell, etc
- On higher planets there are women many, many millions of times more beautiful than the women on this planet, and there are also many pleasure abodes where they can be enjoyed
- On the other side of the river Viraja is the external abode, which is full of unlimited universes, each containing unlimited atmospheres
- One variety of the pastimes of the spiritual energy is described as pure goodness (visuddha-sattva). It comprises all the abodes of Vaikuntha
- Please bestow Your (Krsna's) grace upon me (Arjuna) and reveal again Your form as the Personality of Godhead, O Lord of lords, O abode of the universe
- Prince Dhruva was initiated by Narada into chanting… om namo bhagavate vasudevaya, and Lord Vasudeva incarnated Himself as Prsnigarbha, the Personality of Godhead with four hands, and awarded the prince a specific planet above the seven stars
- Simply by understanding Srimad-Bhagavatam, one can understand the science of the activities of the devotees, the activities of the demons, the permanent abode and the temporary abode. Through Srimad-Bhagavatam, everything is perfectly known
- Some devotees are elevated to the Vaikuntha planets, and some are elevated to the planet Krsnaloka. According to the desire of the particular devotee, he is offered a particular abode, which is known as sva-samsthana, his desired destination
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "All the transcendental forms of the Lord are situated in the spiritual sky. They preside over spiritual planets in that abode, but there is no counting those Vaikuntha planets"
- Sri Radhika is the highest abode of that love, and I am its only object
- Srimati Radharani's bedstead is pride itself, and it is situated in the abode of Her bodily aroma. She is always seated there thinking of Krsna's association
- Surrounding Brahmapuri in all directions are the residences of the eight principal governors of the planetary systems, beginning with King Indra. These abodes are similar to Brahmapuri but are one fourth the size
- That abode is manifested within the material world by the will of Lord Krsna. It is identical to that original Gokula; they are not two different bodies
- The abode known as Kailasa is full of different herbs and vegetables, and it is sanctified by Vedic hymns and mystic yoga practice. Thus the residents of that abode are demigods by birth and have all mystic powers
- The conclusion is that no one falls from the spiritual world, or Vaikuntha planet, for it is the eternal abode. But sometimes, as the Lord desires, devotees come into this material world as preachers or as atheists
- The foolish impersonalists still maintain that the Lord is formless and that these forms are impositions. From the study of the Gita does it appear that the demigods and their abodes are impersonal?
- The happiness of the abode of love is in the happiness of the object of that love. This is not a relationship of desire for personal gratification
- The impersonal feature of the Lord is the abode of great oceans, and His belly is the resting place for the materially annihilated living entities. His heart is the abode of the subtle material bodies of living beings
- The Lord confirms in the Bhagavad-gita, "My supreme abode is a transcendental place from which, having gone, one never returns to this material world"
- The planetary system below Talatala is known as Mahatala. It is the abode of many-hooded snakes, descendants of Kadru, who are always very angry. The great snakes who are prominent are Kuhaka, Taksaka, Kaliya and Susena
- The supreme abode of the Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is also described in the Brahma-samhita as the abode of cintamani. That abode of Lord Krsna, known as Goloka Vrndavana, is full of palaces made of touchstone
- The water is all nectar, the talking is singing, the walking is dancing, and the constant companion of Krsna is His flute. The effulgence of transcendental bliss is experienced everywhere. Therefore Vrndavana-dhama is the only relishable abode
- The women of Mathura said: "That loveliness (the form of Lord Krsna) is the only abode of beauty, fame and opulence. It is self-perfect, ever fresh and extremely rare"
- The word padam means "abode," and bhagavat means "the Supreme Personality of Godhead." Thus the destination of the devotees is the abode of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Then He saw the monastery known as Srngeri-matha, the abode of Acarya Sankara. He then visited Matsya-tirtha, a place of pilgrimage, and took a bath in the river Tungabhadra
- There are seven rsis headed by Bhrgu: Bhrgu, Vasistha, Atreya, like that. There are seven great rsis. The seven planets you see on the northern side, they are supposed to be their abodes, bhrgv-adayah, centering Dhruvaloka, the polestar
- There are two kinds of devotees engaged in devotional service with awe and veneration, and the servitors in the abode of Dvaraka always worship Krsna as the most respectable and revered Personality of Godhead
- There He manifested Vaikuntha as His own abode and rested in the waters on the bed of Lord Sesa
- There, in part of the ocean of milk, lies Svetadvipa, the abode of the sustainer, Lord Visnu
- They (Krsna and Balarama) went to the abode of Varuna, for They were pledged to give protection to the inhabitants of Vrndavana, who were all unalloyed devotees of the Lord
- This great ocean of material existence shortens like the pit-hole created by the foot of a calf and for him the supreme abode of the Lord is quite fit place for living, but not this miserable material world where there is nothing but danger in every step
- This supremely powerful Lord Brahma, accompanied by his associates and the personified Vedas, left his own abode in the highest planetary system and descended to the place of Prince Priyavrata's meditation
- Vidyadhara continued, "My dear Lord (Krsna) now, since I think I have become freed from all kinds of sinful activities, I am asking Your permission to return to my abode, the heavenly planets"
- Vrindaban is the only solitary transcendental abode within this universe where Krishna Consciousness automatically reveals
- Vrndavana-dhama is also a spiritual abode, and there the days and nights, the trees, flowers and water, and everything else are spiritual. There is not even a trace of material contamination
- Vrndavana-dhama is the innermost abode within the quadrangular realm of Svetadvipa, which lies outside of the boundary of Gokula Vrndavana
- When all the higher and lower planets became too hot to live on, the demigods, being disturbed, left their abodes in the higher planets and went to see Lord Brahma, praying to him that he curtail this unnecessary heat
- When he was petitioned by mother Sita, the fire-god, Agni, brought forth an illusory form of Sita, and Ravana, who had ten heads, kidnapped the false Sita. The original Sita then went to the abode of the fire-god
- When Lord Ramacandra tested the body of Sita, it was the false, illusory Sita that entered the fire. At that time the fire-god brought the original Sita from his abode and delivered her to Lord Ramacandra
- When one understands the truth about this life but is not completely cleansed of material contamination, he is not factually situated in the transcendental abode, Vrndavana, although he may understand spiritual life