wonder | wondered | wondering | wonders | wondrous
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Astonished (10 C, 200 P)
- ► Caitanya's Wondering (3 P)
- ► Radharani's Wondering (1 P)
- ► Struck With Wonder (1 C, 113 P)
Pages in category "Wonder"
The following 84 pages are in this category, out of 84 total.
- A drop from the ocean of Your (Caitanya's) mercy can drown great mountains like Sumeru and Mandara. Since these two gentlemen are little hills by comparison, it is no wonder that they are being drowned in the ocean of Your mercy
- After showing his wife the globe of the universe and its different arrangements, full of many wonders, the great yogi Kardama Muni returned to his own hermitage
- Americans are now regretting the wholesale criminality of American society and are wondering how America has become so lawless and unmanageable
- Arjuna's natural loving friendship was overwhelmed by wonder
- As far as counsel is concerned, simply keep up your fresh utsaha or enthusiasm for service. That will accomplish wonders. And always remain ideal yourself by strict adherence to the bhakti principles
- As far as the conditioned soul is concerned, there is no wonder that he has some sinful activities in his past life, and this should be admitted and confessed before the Lord
- At first, Balarama was surprised by the demon’s appearance, and He began to wonder, "How is it that all of a sudden this carrier has changed in every way?"
- At that time, all the persons assembled in the sacrificial arena - the priests, the chief of the sacrificial performance, and the brahmanas and their wives - wondered where the darkness was coming from
- Because of the situation created by the universal form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Arjuna became bewildered in wonder
- By God's grace, by nature's law, each and every planet is made differently and has different wonderful features. All such wonders were personally experienced by Kardama Muni while he traveled with his wife
- By seeing His (Lord Caitanya) dancing, not only was the whole universe held in wonder, but Lord Jagannatha Himself became very much astonished
- Demons are generally conducted by the mode of passion. Therefore, what a great wonder it is that although you are a demon, you have adopted the mentality of a devotee and have fixed your mind on Vasudeva, who is always situated in pure goodness
- Devaki was stunned with wonder that her dead children had come back and had again been transferred to their respective planets
- I (Kasyapa Muni) wonder whether because of being too attached to the members of your (Aditi's) family, you failed to properly receive uninvited guests, who therefore were not welcomed and went away
- I am always wondering why after so many years nothing can be done to print profusely my books and literatures in European languages
- I am always wondering, why others do not write, so many big big preachers we have got, but none of them write, so if you can inspire them to write in more convincing way, that is great service, do it
- I have now become too old and disturbed by invalidity. While I write, my hands tremble. I cannot remember anything, nor can I see or hear properly. Still I write, and this is a great wonder
- I was wondering whether all the boars and other animals that are half-killed belong to you.The hunter replied, 'Yes, what you are saying is so'
- I wonder whether because of being too attached to the members of your family, you failed to properly receive uninvited guests, who therefore were not welcomed and went away
- In addition to the five direct mellows, there are seven indirect mellows, known as laughter, wonder, chivalry, compassion, anger, disaster and fear
- In the Christian religion all we see is Christ's picture as he was crucified, so how people can be attracted to such thing? There is no science, philosophy, music, art, Prasadam, it is no wonder that the people are rejecting this nonsense
- In the revealed scriptures the following twelve varieties of rasas are enumerated: (1) anger, (2) wonder, (3) conjugal love, (4) comedy, (5) chivalry, (6) mercy, (7) servitorship, (8) fraternity, (9) horror, (10) shock, (11) neutrality, (12) parenthood
- It is no wonder that this Muslim governor has attained such results. Simply by seeing You, all this is possible
- Krsna continues, "For many days I have been observing you, and I have been wondering, 'When will Madhavendra Puri come here to serve Me'"
- Krsna is the S P of God, the cause of all causes, the reservoir of all rasas, or relationships, which are called neutrality, servitorship, friendship, parenthood, conjugal love, comedy, compassion, fear, chivalry, ghastliness, wonder and devastation
- May the S P of Godhead, Sri Krsna Caitanya, who danced in front of the car of Sri Jagannatha, be all glorified! By seeing His dancing, not only was the whole universe held in wonder, but Lord Jagannatha Himself became very much astonished
- Men with a poor fund of knowledge and men who are not austere cannot understand the wonders of the individual atomic spark of spirit, even though it is explained by the greatest authority of knowledge, who imparted lessons even to Brahma
- Mother Saci said, "I also saw another wonder. People were coming down from the celestial kingdom and crowding the entire courtyard
- Regarding parampara system: there is nothing to wonder for big gaps
- Repetition of the glories of Krsna is not a literary weakness. It is said that at a time of bewilderment or wonder or of great ecstasy, statements are repeated over and over. That is not a flaw
- Rukminidevi said, "The SPG kidnapped me the way a lion takes away a lamb from the flock. This was not, a very wondrous act for Krsna, because anyone who claims to be a great hero or king within this world is subordinate to the lotus feet of the Lord"
- Saying this, the boy left the place. Indeed, He suddenly could be seen no more, and Madhavendra Puri's heart was filled with wonder
- She (Rukmini-devi) then began to wonder, "Who is this beautiful young boy? He appears to be the most beautiful person. Who is the fortunate young woman able to conceive this nice boy in her womb and become his mother"
- She began to wonder whether there had actually been anything on the plate in the first place. Then again she thought that some animal might have come and eaten everything
- She then began to wonder who had eaten all that food. 'Why is the plate empty?' she wondered, doubting that Bala-gopala had eaten it all
- She wondered, 'Why did Lord Jagannatha give up so much opulence and go to Vrndavana?' To make Him a laughingstock, the goddess of fortune made arrangements for much decoration
- The above statements describe some of the wonderful reservoirs of pleasure within Krsna, as well as the transcendental qualities of His personality
- The activities of a person, even if they are not very extraordinary, create an impression of wonder in the heart and mind of the person's friends
- The business of the vaisya community is trade, commerce and the protection of cows. Therefore his friend, who may have been born into a brahmana family, expressed his wonder at how such an exalted child could take birth in a family of vaisyas
- The chanting of the holy name of Krsna from your mouth has performed a wonder - it has nullified the reactions of all your sinful activities. Now you have become supremely pure
- The demons possess wonderful and supernatural powers to create material wonders. But they are always disturbing elements of the society
- The different manifestations of Lord Siva, the Adityas, the Vasus, the Sadhyas, the Visvadevas, the two Asvins, the Maruts, the forefathers and the Gandharvas, the Yaksas, Asuras, and all perfected demigods are beholding You in wonder. BG 11.22 - 1972
- The existence of mother Ganges begins from the lotus feet of the Lord. Although this statement that water comes from a lotus flower is a contradiction, in connection with Lord Visnu it is a great wonder
- The hunter then admitted that he was convinced of his sinful activity, and he said, 'I have been taught this business from my very childhood. Now I am wondering how I can become freed from these unlimited volumes of sinful activity'
- The King (Pariksit), being a devotee of the Lord, did not approve of his own action and he began to wonder whether the sage was really in a trance or was just pretending in order to avoid receiving the King, who was a ksatriya and therefore lower in rank
- The materialists are more interested in the physical laws and how they are acting, and they see wonders in those physical glamors. Sometimes, due to physical glamors, they forget the glories of the Lord
- The mixture of ecstatic ingredients becomes tasty and, being within the perception of the devotee, reaches the highest platform of wonder and deep bliss
- The modern demons are the harmful material scientists who create some material wonders for disturbance in the society. For example, the creation of nuclear weapons has caused some panic in human society
- The transcendental vibration of Krsna’s flute blocked the movements of the rain clouds, struck the Gandharvas full of wonder, and agitated the meditation of great saintly persons like Sanaka and Sanandana
- The wonder of an atmosphere surcharged with devotional service to the Lord is briefly described herein by Sri Narada Muni. He was the son of the most insignificant parentage. He was not properly educated
- This Aghasura was so dangerous that even the denizens of heaven were afraid of him. Although the denizens of heaven drank nectar daily to prolong their lives, they were afraid of this Aghasura and were wondering, "When will the demon be killed?"
- This inundation after the period of Caksusa Manu took place in order to show some wonders to Satyavrata
- Thus wondering, she called Isana, the servant, and had the place cleaned again. She then offered another plate to Gopala
- Vasudeva very humbly wondered that although he was an ordinary living entity conditioned by material nature and was externally imprisoned by Kamsa, the all-pervading Personality of Godhead, Visnu, or Krsna, was appearing as a child in his home
- Vasudeva was shivering with wonder to see a newborn child decorated so nicely with valuable garments and gems. He could immediately understand that the Supreme Personality of Godhead had appeared
- We do not wonder at this, for Your inconceivable energies perfectly qualify You to be the cause of all causes. You are the active principle in everything, although You are separate from everything
- We have seen already that we can hardly calculate the wondrous condition of life in Brahmaloka, but the highest condition of life, the mode of goodness, can bring us to this
- What is the wonder if the maidservant of Krsna, His external energy, begs for love of Godhead? Without the mercy of a devotee and without the chanting of the holy name of the Lord, love of Godhead cannot be possible
- When a man is in love with a woman, the rasa is called conjugal love. But when such love affairs are disturbed there may be wonder, anger, shock, or even horror
- When Aditi saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Vamanadeva), who had appeared from her own womb, having accepted a transcendental body by His own spiritual potency, she was struck with wonder and was very happy
- When Balarama saw this extraordinary exchange of affection between the cows & the calves and between the fathers and their children - when neither the calves nor children needed so much care - He began to wonder why this extraordinary thing had happened
- When he heard this judgment from Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the pandita sorrowfully wondered why mother Sarasvati wanted to defeat him through a small boy
- When Indra saw the thunderbolt return from the enemy, he was very much afraid. He began to wonder whether this had happened because of some miraculous superior power
- When Krsna saw Balarama finally defeated by Sridama, who was using only a small stick, Krsna became filled with pleasure and began to look upon Sridama with great wonder
- When there are too many materialistic activities by the people in general all over the world, there is no wonder that a person or a nation attacks another person or nation on slight provocation. That is the rule of this age of Kali or quarrel
- When these five (adoration, service, friendship, paternal affection, and conjugal love) are absent, love is present indirectly in anger, wonder, comedy, chivalry, fear, shock and so on
- Whenever he shouted aloud the name Nityananda, the people around him were filled with great wonder and astonishment
- Which (yogamaya) acts to perfect all the pastimes of the Lord (Krsna) with His different types of devotees. Who could play such wonders without being God
- Yet we are moved to wonder about the existence of someone more powerful than you when we think of your great austerities in perfect discipline, although your good self is so powerful in the matter of creation
- You are the maintainer of the three worlds, you are full of transcendental effulgence, you are as quick as the mind, and you are able to work wonders. I can simply utter the word namah, offering all obeisances unto you