Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
curious | curiosities | curiosity | curiously
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Wonder (5 C, 77 P)
Pages in category "Curiosity"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- A snake came out to crawl in the yard of the Lord (Nimai), who captured the snake like a curious child. Immediately the snake coiled over Him. The Lord as a child then rested on the snake, and after some time the snake went away, leaving the Lord aside
- Arjuna, as a pure devotee of the Lord, never previously saw the contemplated universal form of the Lord (visva-rupa), but when he did see it, his curiosities were satisfied
- Citralekha and Usa were intimate friends, and out of great curiosity Citralekha asked, "My dear beautiful princess, as of yet you are not married to any young boy, nor have you seen any boys until now; I am surprised that you are exclaiming like this"
- Curiously enough there are many human leaders who are worshiped by foolish men under the misunderstanding of anthropomorphism or zoomorphism. Iha devatah denotes a powerful man or demigod of this material world
- Curiously enough, although the other party (Jarasandha's party) was equipped with greater military strength, when they heard the vibration of Krsna's conchshell their hearts were shaken
- Demigods such as Lord Brahma, along with great sages and saintly persons, Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas - all being very curious to see the fight between Lord Siva and Lord Krsna and their assistants - hovered over the battlefield in their airplanes
- Dr. Lal Mohan Gosal, he has very minutely analyzed the cow dung and he has found that cow dung is a composition of all antiseptic properties. So similarly, he has also analyzed the water of the Ganges out of curiosity
- Maharaja Pariksit asked many questions, some of them very curiously, to know things as they are, but it is not necessary for the master to answer them in the order of the disciple's inquiries, one after the other
- Many hundreds of thousands of people came to see Me out of curiosity, and due to such a large crowd I could not travel very freely on the road
- On seeing this smiling of the Lord, all the goddesses of fortune who were attending the Lord became very curious and asked Lord Narayana why He was smiling
- Out of curiosity and eagerness, the people of Kundina assembled before Krsna and Balarama to drink the nectar of Their beauty. With tearful eyes, they offered Krsna and Balarama their silent respects
- Out of curiosity, Sri Ranga Puri asked Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu about His birthplace, and the Lord informed him that it was Navadvipa-dhama
- Out of great curiosity Citralekha asked Usa: "Who are you searching after? Who is your suitable match"
- The Caitanya-bhagavata describes that one day while the Lord was crawling upon His knees, the bells on His waist ringing very sweetly, a snake came out to crawl in the yard of the Lord, who captured the snake like a curious child
- There were nine temples of Lord Visnu at Naya-tripati, on the bank of the river Tamraparni, and after bathing in the river, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the Deities with great curiosity and wandered on
- Thinking in this way, Lord Krsna was curious to taste that love. His eager desire for that love increasingly blazed in His heart
- This (once upon a time desired) means that they were not regularly observing the Siva-ratri function but that once upon a time they wanted to go to Ambikavana out of curiosity
- When the women saw that not all the characteristics of Lord Krsna were present in the personality of Pradyumna, out of curiosity they came back to see him and his wife, Mayavati
- Whenever there are some important talks between a devotee and the Lord or between exalted devotees, one should be very much curious to hear them
- While crawling in curiosity, Krsna and Balarama would sometimes catch the ends of the tails of calves. The calves, feeling that someone had caught them, would begin to flee here and there, and the babies would hold on very tightly