Pages in category "Why Should"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total.
- A criminal is first reminded of his misdeeds by witnesses in a law court, and then he is punished. If death is complete forgetfulness, why should a person be punished for his past misdeeds?
- Actually, our students are divinity students; there is no doubt about it, and there is a law that divinity students can not be called by the draft, so why should you not take advantage of it?
- Animal propensity is to exploit others. And human propensity should be to do good to others. That is the difference between animal propensity and human propensity. So here is a nice thing, Krsna consciousness. Why should you not distribute?
- Anyone who is Krsna conscious, who knows Krsna, he is guru. Otherwise all rascals. Why should you go to a rascal? Immediately you can understand he is guru who has fully surrendered to Krsna. He is guru. Others? They are all rascals
- Anything you practice, you'll be successful. So if by practicing Krsna consciousness, you can go back to home, back to Godhead, why should you neglect it? That will solve your all problems
- As a sudra, he can get the perfection. Why he should artificially become a brahmana and sannyasi and fall down? This has to be checked
- As human being, you enjoy life. You have got food grains, fruits, flowers, milk. Enjoy life. Offer to Krsna. Enjoy life. Why should you kill animal?
- Don't spoil it by sense gratification. You can eat; there are so many nice thing, krsna-prasadam. Why should you eat meat? Why should you eat, drink and all nonsense? Be little frugal
- Dvesa means "envy." When one becomes envious of Krsna, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one thinks, "Why should Krsna be the all and all? I'm as good as Krsna"
- Eating, sleeping, mating and defending are problems found in the animal kingdom, and the animals have solved these problems without difficulty. Why should human society be so busy trying to solve these problems?
- Even though one may be the greatest erudite scholar in materialistic knowledge. It is good, therefore, to approach a personality like Narada to solve the root cause of all despondencies. Why Narada should be approached is explained below
- Everyone is neophyte. He should practice determination, that's all. If he cannot practice, then why should he enter into this association? Let him remain aloof
- Everyone should stick to the temple and the principles. Why you should go to outside? That should be stopped. You cannot go outside
- Everyone wants to become God, imitator. Imitation. Therefore they say, "Why Krsna shall be alone God? I am God"
- I accept a guru, but in my mind I remain independent, "Oh, why shall I abide by the orders of guru?" That means there is no surrender. There is no surrender. It is false. It is just to satisfy some motive, but that will not help
- I have never given vote. Since we have got this svaraj, as soon as the vote question, I go away. Because I think, "Why shall I give this nonsense vote? None of them are liked by me." I avoid it
- If death is complete forgetfulness, why should a person be punished for his past misdeeds? The conception of the Paramatma is an invincible answer to these fallacious arguments
- If distress come automatically, then happiness also will come automatically. Why should you try for this so-called distress and happiness? You try for Krsna. This is life
- If it is possible for a devotee to get free from the material, contaminated stage simply by thinking of Krsna, then why should this not be possible for others who are also thinking of someone?
- If Krsna speaks false, something defective, then where is the use of reading Bhagavad-gita? Why should we read Bhagavad-gita which is spoken by a person who is defective? No. That's not... What Krsna is speaking, that is fact
- If one is able to lie down on the floor, then why should one endeavor to get a good bedstead or soft cushion to lie on
- If something is giving me facility to preach my Krsna consciousness movement, why shall I give it up?
- If the human civilization has sufficient grains, minerals, jewels, water, milk, etc., then why should it hanker after terrible industrial enterprises at the cost of the labor of some unfortunate men?
- If we believe that Krsna is providing and maintaining everyone, then why should we be misers? We are confident Krsna will supply! Let the whole world come, we can feed them
- If we simply speak nicely to a person and try sincerely to get him to take the book he'll take it. Why should we adopt unfair means? We should not do anything which will create a bad impression or make us unpopular
- If you are not perfect in your knowledge, then why should I accept your theory? That is my point
- If you are unable to produce anything, then no tax. Why should you levy tax from the poor man?
- If you are, you are fit for becoming a carpenter, why should you imitate a brahmana? Better be expert carpenter and serve Krsna with the result of carpentry work. Then there is perfection
- If you cannot take the responsibility, then remain as a brahmacari. Why should you marry? Yes. If you practice brahmacarya, then you become free, seventy-five percent freedom immediately
- If you manufacture your own way, then go to hell. Yasya deve para bhaktir yatha deve tatha gurau, tasyaite kathita hy arthah. Krsna is there; guru is there. Why should you manufacture your own way? If you are sincere, Krsna will dictate from within
- In one family there cannot be two father. The one father. Similarly, when you speak of the supreme father, "O father, give us our daily bread," He is father of everyone. So why one should select one father, another man will select another father?
- Instead of becoming a yogi, you take shelter of Yogesvara. Then all yogic power will be within your control. Just like a rich man's son, if he is in trouble, the whole father estate is behind him. So why should he hanker after earning money?
- It (Vedanta-sutra) covers the subject of eternity, and the methods are scholarly. So there cannot be any doubt about the transcendental scholarship of Vyasadeva. So why should he lament?
- It may be that government may take action against me because I'm speaking something revolutionary. Yes. But that is the fact. Why you should work?
- O great one, who stands above even Brahma, You are the original master. Why should they not offer their homage up to You. BG 11.37 - 1972
- O Janardana, although these men, their hearts overtaken by greed, see no fault in killing one's family or quarreling with friends, why should we (Arjuna and Krsna), who can see the crime in destroying a family, engage in these acts of sin?
- Ordinary living beings work for the improvement of their conditional lives. But the Lord is already full of all opulence, all strength, all fame, all beauty, all knowledge and all renunciation. Why should He desire improvement?
- Our men should be engaged for preaching - why should the preaching be stopped? I was very much encouraged when you and Gargamuni Swami purchased jeeps and formed a travelling sankirtana party. So why have you stopped it?
- Our only objection is that "Why should you preach your nonsense philosophy through Bhagavad-gita?"
- Parama Koruna, 1975 part 3 - jnane prayasam udapasya namanta eva. Just become submissive. And where to submit? You must submit to a perfect person. Otherwise why should you submit?
- Patri said to Krsna: "I am suffering from Your separation, which is more severe than the hunger of Aghasura, the poison of Lake Kaliya and the burning of the forest fire. So why should You not protect me from the pangs of separation?"
- People are advanced in education and knowledge. They think that "If I have to ask bread from God, so why shall I go to God? Let me earn money very nicely, and I can purchase bread. Why shall I go to church"
- People nowadays are so unfortunate. So why should come Krsna to kill them? They are already killed by the laws of nature. They are already killed, half-killed. Therefore Krsna has come in the form of His name. Please chant Hare Krsna
- People say, "Why there should be name of God? He has no name." The impersonalist says "Nameless." Why?
- Perfection is available in your natural life. Why should artificially you become unnatural and fall down and become ludicrous?
- Prasadam means foodstuffs which is offered to Krsna first. This is civilization. If you say, "Why should I offer?" that is uncivilized
- Sanaka Muni addressed the Lord as follows, "As such, why should persons with this knowledge (of Your transcendental position) be attracted by a post in the heavenly kingdom?"
- Sannyasi is supposed to be renounced order. He has nothing to do with this material world. Then why should he come to the social order or philanthropic order? That is his falldown
- Simple thing. Big, big acaryas, they accepted Krsna as He is. And why shall I not accept? This is parampara system. If others have accepted Krsna as He tells, and they have become big, big acaryas, so what objection can be there from my part? What I am?
- Since death is inevitable, why should he (Dhrtarastra) accept such a humiliating position for living?
- Since the demigods resort to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, why should the worshipers of the demigods not approach the Supreme Lord for whatever benefits they desire?
- Since the manifestation exists only in the middle - between the two points of unmanifestation - why should one cry for the body manifested in the interim?
- So far the sign is concerned, why should we make such an expenditure of so many thousands of dollars for a sign . . . what benefit shall we derive?
- Some of our students, they think that "Why should I work in this mission? Oh, let me go away." He goes away, but what does he do? He becomes a motor driver, that's all. Instead of getting honor as brahmacari, sannyasi, he has to work as ordinary worker
- The animals, as soon as they are fatty and grown up, they are sent to the slaughterhouse. This business is going on. So why there should not be crisis in food grain and crisis in human...?
- The author of Bhagavad-gita did not leave it for being interpreted by a third-class man. He is Krsna, the Supreme Lord. He said everything clearly. Why an ordinary man should interpret His word? That is our objection
- The cats and dogs are supplied with necessities of life. So why we should bother Krsna, asking Him, "Give us our daily bread"? He is supplying already. Our business is how to love Him. That is religion
- The Christian process, that going to church, confession, that is very nice. You confess. And God or God's representative is quite able to excuse you and to make you free from all sinful reaction. But why should you commit again?
- The demigods cannot give any good results to the person who has not executed the prescribed duties; therefore demigods are dependent on the execution of duties and are not absolute in awarding good results to anyone. So why should one care about them?
- The demigods must offer worship in obedience to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but one might argue that since the Supreme Godhead was within the womb of Devaki, He was also coming in a material body. Why then should He be worshiped
- The girls, the women, they like to be more beautiful. So if by dressing in other way they look beautiful, why should you ask them not to do it?
- The various states of the world are preoccupied with arranging for military strength. Sometimes they spend sixty-five percent of the government's revenue for this purpose. But why should people's hard-earned money be spent in this way?
- There are many things like that. So you should try to understand it fully. Why should you understand it haphazardly? You must try to understand fully
- There cannot be any doubt about the transcendental scholarship of Vyasadeva. So why should he lament
- These people say the animals have no soul. But that's all right, but he's feeling pain when you are killing the animal. So you also feel pain. So why should you give pain to others? That is Lord Buddha's theory
- This is the fault of My own destiny. Why should I needlessly accuse you? There is no intimate relationship between you and Me. Krsna, however, is My life and soul. It is We who live together, and it is He who has become so cruel
- This is the philosophy of the Communists. "Why should you go to the church? Why should you go to the temple? Forget all these things. Work hard, earn money and enjoy life." But that is demonic. Because there is envy against God
- This Krsna consciousness movement means we are trying to invoke that original consciousness that he's part and parcel of Krsna. Why he should remain in this material world and suffer the threefold miseries
- To such a misguided interpreter we may reply, "Why should you suggest such fallacious logic? An interpretation is never accepted as evidence if it opposes the principles of scripture"
- We say everyone, "Come and eat." Why he should remain hungry? We invite everyone, "Come here, eat, no charge." We don't charge. Why he should remain hungry? Let us increase this program. All hungry men of Melbourne city, come here
- We should always be aware that we are insignificant creature. Our opinion and thinking has no value. This should be the first principle. Why should you give opinion on the words of Krsna?
- We sometimes accept one guru. But why should we accept guru? What is the necessity of accepting guru? This is the necessity for tattva-jijnasa, for inquiring about the Absolute Truth
- What is the use of starting temple if you do not do it properly? Why should you waste your energy? Better travel and preach
- When a citizen agitates the public against the king, the duty of the king is to call him and try to pacify him with sweet words, saying, "You are very important in the state. Why should you disturb the public with some new cause for agitation?"
- When it is disputed, why should you publish that picture? It is controversial. You should not print
- When you have got such orange, such nice fruits, and rice and dahl and milk, why should you eat fish? After all, you have to eat something. If such nice foods are not available, you can eat fish. But when very nice foods are available, why should you?
- When you say we are not Hindu that we are not restricted with the Hindi community. That is the meaning. Because Krsna says, "I am for everyone." So why should we be restricted to the Hindi community?
- Who can guarantee that he is not nearing death? Everyone is nearing death at every moment. Why should you wait for old age? That is manda-mater, bad intelligence
- Why shall I force? That is not my business. I am Krsna's servant. I simply say, "Here is good thing. You take it."
- Why should a living entity, who has been given senses, not be allowed unrestricted sense gratification?
- Why should man not be satisfied with grains, fruits and milk, which, combined together, can produce hundreds and thousands of palatable dishes
- Why should one approach a person who is blind with wealth? Rather, one should depend on Krsna, and He will give everything
- Why should one waste his time for so-called economic development, which is neither permanent nor pleasing to the soul?
- Why should the devotee aspire for something good for himself? His only business is to please the Supreme by rendering as much service as possible. A krsna-bhakta has no desire for his own personal benefit
- Why should the trees tell us where Krsna has gone? Let us rather inquire from the creepers; they are female and are therefore like friends to us
- Why should we blindly accept imperfect scientists? They are imperfect because they are changing their position in the name of progress
- Why should we interpret it that "This Kuruksetra means this body, dharmaksetra, this body"? Why? Why mislead people? Stop this misleading. And Kuruksetra is still there. Kuruksetra station, railway station, is there
- Why should we interpret Krsna's words? Am I more than Krsna? Or did Krsna leave some portion to be explained by me by interpretation? Then what is the importance of Krsna?
- Why should we manufacture some other thing? Manufacturing means Mayavada, mental concoction. That is not the process of bhakti
- Why should we not fulfill this mission of life in this human form of life? Why unnecessarily desire so many sense gratification? This is called tapasya
- Why should we violate the purpose of the Trust
- Why should you go and kill animals for the satisfaction of the tongue? That is not allowed. Then you will be again entangled. Otherwise, to keep your body in nice condition, you eat all these things which is meant for the human being
- Why should you kill one animal who is coming to attack? No. You must kill. That is necessity
- Why should you say, "Oh, I am Christian. I am Jew. I cannot attend your meeting." Why should you say, "Oh, I cannot allow you to speak in my church." If I am speaking about God, what objection you have got?
- Why should you voluntarily go and be attacked? It is not that a devotee should take physical risk so long he has got some physical body. It is not a challenge to the physical laws: "Oh, I have become a devotee. I challenge everything." That's foolishness
- Why shouldn't this spiritual education be given to the American people in an organized way? The whole world is going down and becoming Godless
- Why they should maintain slaughterhouse, and do not think that they are not sinful, and still they want to be happy without caring for God? That is lack of brain
- Why you should eat animals? That is uncivilized life. When there is no food, when they are aborigines, they may eat animals, because they do not know how to grow food. But when the human society becomes civilized, he can grow so many nice foods
- Why you should falsely initiate a person? If you cannot make him a brahmana and elevate him to the highest stage of devotional service, why should you cheat others? Initiation means making him dvijatvam . Tatha diksa-vidhanena dvijatvam jayate nrnam
- Why you should give any importance to weakness? Weakness is weakness. Rectify it
- Yet why should I be angry with Krsna? It is the fault of My own misfortune. The fruit of My sinful activities has ripened, and therefore Krsna, who has always been dependent on My love, is now indifferent. This means that My misfortune is very strong
- You beggar, since you don't understand your position, why should you unnecessarily talk so much? Don't all of you wait at our house, depending on us for your livelihood like crows?
- You can kill one insignificant animal, like pigs or goats. It has not very much use. You kill it in your home, before your children and family, and eat. The government may not have any objection. But why should you maintain slaughterhouses?
- You have asked what is the origin of the black race. This is not an important question. Why should you be curious about the temporary body
- You have to eat. These things are eatable: food grains, vegetables, fruits, milk, sugar. That's all. Why should we eat nonsense things? This will keep your health very nice. Sattvikahara
- You have written that you are wishing to leave for Toronto with Kanupriya, but this can be done only if there is no sacrifice of the Montreal temple. You are doing so nicely there as you have written, so why should you leave