Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Way of Life
"way of life" |"ways of life"|"way of living"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Way of Life"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- A civilization that allows men to mix unrestrictedly with women is an animal civilization. In Kali-yuga, people are extremely liberal, but mixing with women and talking with them as equals actually constitutes an uncivilized way of life
- According to Bhagavad-gita, because the leaders of society are bereft of all factual knowledge due to their atheistic way of life, they are actually sinful rascals and are the lowest among men
- Adapted to the spiritual way of life
- An intelligent man abuses his great qualifications if he does not follow the Vedic way of life. This means he must seriously make a study of the Vedic literatures, especially of the Srimad-Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad-gita
- As far as possible try to adjust to a natural way of life free from dependence on machines
- As far as you are able to adjust to a natural way of life, do it immediately
- As stated by you, my missionary work is really a great challenge to the western way of life. But Krishna is so attractive that He is accepted even by the Westerners when the consciousness is presented in the right disciplic succession
- Every day the so-called leaders of modern society invent something contributing to a cumbersome way of life that implicates people more and more in the cycle of birth, death, old age and disease
- Everyone is inventing so many methods. Consequently human society has lost the standard ways of life, both materially and spiritually, and as a result people are bewildered, and there is no peace or happiness in the world
- I am very much anxious to open schools for educating children of responsible leaders in our Krishna Consciousness way of life, especially also in India
- I think by your exemplary character the Indian public will be surprised and they will take to your way of life; this is the second phase of my missionary activities
- If a brahmana who works as a priest so that he may enlighten his followers with the spiritual way of life is not qualified as a priest, then he is cheating the public. One should not earn by such unfair means
- If people are advised not to collect too many goods, eat too much or work unnecessarily to possess artificial amenities, they think they are being advised to return to a primitive way of life
- If we can keep cows sufficiently and grow our necessary foodstuffs, then we shall show a new way of life to your countrymen
- If we do not care for the sastra, whimsically manufacture our own ways of life, na siddhim sa avapnoti, it will never be successful. Na sukham. And there will be no happiness
- In Bhagavad-gita it is said that if human beings do not follow the spiritual way of life, there will be an increase of varna-sankara population, population begotten like cats and dogs, and the entire world will become like hell
- In Kali-yuga, people are extremely liberal, but mixing with women and talking with them as equals actually constitutes an uncivilized way of life
- In old age one cannot be trained in the spiritual way of life
- In our materialistic way of life, which is just like a desert, we are hankering after an ocean of happiness, but in the form of society, friends and mundane love we are getting no more than a drop of water
- Naturally, when one is adapted to the spiritual way of life, he will not want to mix with materialistic men. That would go against his grain. One may test himself by seeing how far he is inclined to live in a solitary place, without unwanted association
- Now, if the inaugurators of this movement strictly follow the regulative principles and spread this movement for the benefit of all human society, they will certainly usher in a new way of life by reestablishing sanatana-dharma
- Sex desire is very strong at a certain stage, the guru may allow the brahmacari to marry; this license is given to a brahmacari who is unable to continue the way of naisthika-brahmacarya, and such discriminations are possible for the guru
- So we want to give the citizens the positive value of Krishna consciousness way of life, so for that activity we must always be preaching very strongly in the public. Therefore I approve your plan to run for public office
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: O Pariksit, Yayati was very much attached to woman. In due course of time, however, when disgusted with sexual enjoyment and its bad effects, he renounced this way of life and narrated the following story to his beloved wife
- That understanding which cannot distinguish between the religious way of life & the irreligious, between action that should be done & action that should not be done, that imperfect understanding, O son of Prtha, is in the mode of passion. BG 18.31 - 1972
- The artificial way of living depending on factories and tools can render so-called happiness only to a limited number at the cost of millions
- The authentic scriptures are compiled by personalities like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Parasara, who are not ordinary men. All the followers of the Vedic way of life have accepted these famous personalities
- The beginning is cleansing the heart, because we are impure on account of dirty things within our heart accumulated life after life in the animalistic way of life. So everything, advancement of spiritual life, culture, tapasya means cleansing the heart
- The demigods addressed the Lord as satyam param, or the Supreme Absolute Truth. Everyone is searching after the truth. That is the philosophical way of life
- The hippy philosophy is nice as they are disgusted with the materialistic way of life. Therefore they want to renounce this stereotyped way of life. Unfortunately, they have no good leader, neither information that there is another beautiful life in KC
- The International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) has decided to introduce the gurukula system of education for the proper training of young boys in the traditional gurukula way laid down in the Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The living entity in material nature thus follows the ways of life, enjoying the three modes of nature. This is due to his association with that material nature. Thus he meets with good and evil amongst various species. BG 13.22 - 1972
- The most perfect way of life in this material world is simply to be devoted to My (Krsna's) transcendental loving service and to execute honestly the prescribed duties of one's particular position
- The Vedic way of life is the progressive march of the civilization of the Aryans. The Aryans are progressive in Vedic civilization. The Vedic civilization's destination is to go back to Godhead
- There are many fools and rascals who advise people to adopt this way of life or that way of life, but real liberation from life's perplexities means preparation for the next life
- There cannot be any king or emperor who is not representative of God. It is the duty of the representative of God to take charge of a planet and educate the persons, the citizens, into God consciousness. That is Vedic way of life
- This is the way of material life. Even if one lives in the most abominable condition, he still thinks himself happy with his wife, children, friends and relatives
- This quotation is very important: "One professor went on to explain that the other books were mostly dealing with speculations in contrast to our books which presented religion as a way of life based on authentic writings"
- Those who are animal-killers and animal-eaters, they cannot understand finer philosophical matter. Their brain is gross. Therefore they are much inclined to mechanical way of life
- We Indians may lie on the street because we are poor, but they are not poor, nor the Americans. Why has some of the younger generation accepted this way of life? You have enough food, enough house, enough money, facilities, machines - everything
- We may thin the milk till it becomes useless, or we may boil it until it becomes thick and sweet, so now we have got enough followers, let us train them up perfectly in the philosophy and activities of Krsna Consciousness way of life
- We train our children in KC, just be keeping them always attending regular program & associating with Krsna devotees, teaching them spiritual realization by giving the idea that sacrifice & tapasya to achieve life's highest goal is a nice way of life
- Which philosophy is better, 50 or 100 year old Darwin philosophy, or eternal Krishna philosophy? Just try to understand. Approach Krishna way of life from every angle - it is perfect