Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Materialistic Way of Life
"materialistic life"|" materialistic civilized life"|"materialistic family life"|"materialistic household life"|" materialistic person's life"|"materialistic way of life"|"materialistic advancement in life"|"materialistic concept of life"|"materialistic ways of life"|"materialistic way of living"
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Materialistic Way of Life"
The following 125 pages are in this category, out of 125 total.
- A living entity who wants to enjoy on his personal account and not cooperate with the Supreme Lord is engaged in materialistic life. As soon as he dovetails his enjoyment with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he is engaged in spiritual life
- A materialistic father and mother want to engage their sons in begetting children, striving for improved economic conditions and rotting in materialistic life. They are not unhappy when their children become spoiled, useless citizens
- A real brahmana never hoards money for a luxurious life, like the ksatriyas or the vaisyas, but always keeps himself poverty-stricken, knowing that money diverts the mind to materialistic ways of life
- A visayi, a person blindly caught in a web of materialistic life, remains in the cycle of birth and death perpetually
- According to the materialistic way of life, if a poor man, after laboring very, very hard, gets some material profit at the end of his life, he is considered a success, even though he again dies while suffering the threefold miseries
- After hearing the instructions of Narada Muni, the Haryasvas, the sons of Prajapati Daksa, decided not to be entangled in materialistic life by begetting hundreds of children and having to take care of them. This would have been unnecessarily entangling
- After initiation, one is engaged in study of the sastra, which teaches the student how to gain release from materialistic life and return home, back to Godhead
- After working hard during the daytime, a tired man either sleeps or engages in sex habits at night. That is the program of materialistic civilized life for the less intelligent
- All the sastras instruct that one should end his material way of life. If one does not know the purpose of the father's orders, the sastras, he is ignorant
- Another gopi said, "O best in the dynasty of Yadu, if anyone afraid of this materialistic way of life takes shelter at Your lotus feet, You never deny him protection"
- Apart from the sastras of the Vedic civilization, which is the oldest of the world, other sastras agree on this point (to get release from the materialistic way of life)
- As long as the living entity is not enlightened so that he may understand his real position, he will be attracted to materialistic life, to house, country or field, to society, sons, family, community, bank balance and so on
- Asuras generally cannot understand that the objects of sexual pleasure, the so-called pleasure of materialistic life, depend on extremely hard labor
- Because of the force of materialistic life, to maintain self-control is extremely difficult unless one is specifically under the protection of the Supreme Personality of Godhead through devotional service
- Because of this (if in the household life the husband becomes subordinate to the wife, involvement in materialistic life again becomes prominent), according to the Vedic system, after a certain age a man is recommended to abandon his family life
- Brahma satyam jagan mithya: this material world or materialistic life is simply illusion, and therefore one should stop his illusory activities and come to the platform of Brahman
- By bhajana-kriya one attains freedom from the contamination of materialistic life. He no longer goes to a restaurant or hotel to taste so-called palatable dishes made with meat and onions, nor does he care to smoke or drink tea or coffee
- By His own free will, Lord Krsna has delivered you from such a condemned materialistic life. Therefore the glories of Lord Krsna’s causeless mercy cannot be expressed
- By thoroughly analyzing the materialistic way of life, any sane man can understand that there is not the least happiness in this world
- I am very sorry that these people do not want to see their sons develop high character and knowledge in God conciousness, but they want to push them in the stereotyped way of materialistic life
- If a living entity has polluted intelligence, he prolongs his materialistic life. Frustrated by material nature, he must follow the movements of the intelligence, which brings various conditions of happiness and distress
- In any sastra one may examine, especially the Vedic sastra, the same advice is given: one should give up his materialistic life and return to his original, spiritual life
- In materialistic life, people must certainly engage in activities of animosity
- In offering initiation, our Krsna consciousness movement asks one to come to the conclusion of sastra by taking the advice of the supreme speaker of the sastra, Krsna, forgetting the principles of the materialistic way of life
- In order to approach a bona fide spiritual master, one must be very much disgusted with this material way of life
- In the Bible, which is also sastra, one will find the same advice: one should cease materialistic life and return to the kingdom of God
- In the Buddhist sastras Lord Buddha advises that one achieve nirvana by giving up the materialistic way of life. In the Bible, which is also sastra, one will find the same advice: one should cease materialistic life and return to the kingdom of God
- In the material world, every living entity has a desire to lord it over the material world as much as possible. This is called pravrtti-marga. All the sastras, however, advise nivrtti-marga, or release from the materialistic way of life
- In the materialistic way their last point of happiness is sex life. That's all. So they have enjoyed sex life in this way; now they are trying to enjoy sex life in that way. But the enjoyment is the same. There is no more enjoyment
- In the Mukunda-mala-stotra compiled by King Kulasekhara, one of the prayers says, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You are the deliverer of living entities from the hellish condition of materialistic life, but that does not matter to me"
- In this age the medicine for delivering the conditioned souls from miserable, materialistic way of life is prescribed in the sastras. What is that? Harer nama, simply chanting of the holy name of Hari, Hare Krsna
- It is a fact that sense gratification is the central principle of materialistic life, whether based on the Vedas or simply on common human activities. There are three divisions of the Vedas
- Lord Krsna and Balarama appeared on this earth to lessen the burden of military strength created by the ambitious ksatriya kings. This is the way of materialistic life: not being satisfied by the absolute necessities of life
- Lord Krsna said, "After being relieved of his attachments to the materialistic way of life, one may accept the order of sannyasa"
- Lord Krsna said, "I know very well that from the beginning you were not at all attached to the materialistic way of life"
- Lord Siva and his followers in the parampara system try to save people from this dangerous condition of materialistic life. This is the duty of devotees following the principles of Lord Siva and belonging to the Rudra-sampradaya
- Material nature is called the mother, and the initiator for materialistic life is the father, Lord Siva. All material creation by the living entities is therefore initiated by the mode of passion
- Materialistic life is based on sex life. The existence of all the materialistic people, who are undergoing severe tribulation in the struggle for existence, is based on sex
- Materialistic life is compared to samsara-davanala, a blazing forest fire that automatically takes place. Lord Siva and his followers in the parampara system try to save people from this dangerous condition of materialistic life
- Materialistic life means continuous unhappiness, but sometimes we accept happiness as it appears between the gaps. Sometimes a condemned person is submerged in water and hauled out. Actually all of this is meant for punishment
- Materialistic persons are engaged in striving for temporary benefits, whereas persons advanced in spiritual knowledge, such as Prahlada Maharaja, are not interested in the materialistic way of life
- Materialistic point of view is like that. They do not know that we are eternal & we are responsible for our activities. That is knowledge. But they have no knowledge. They simply want to enjoy. They do not care for death also. Simply sense gratification
- Modern human society has improved the materialistic way of life simply by inducing unrestricted sex life in many different ways. This is most prominently visible in the Western world
- Mucukunda continued, "For sense gratification I have to fall down at the feet of women. The material way of life is so complicated"
- Naturally one who comes to Krsna consciousness regrets his previous sinful activities in the human form. Only by this process can one be delivered from the clutches of nescience or ignorance in materialistic life
- Negation is no good. You must have some positive gain. So this Krsna consciousness movement is negation of the materialistic way of life and regain the blissful eternal life of spiritual understanding. So simply negation is no gain
- One can advance in transcendental life by process of negativating the general practice of materialistic life
- One cannot express sufficient gratitude to Krsna for being freed from the materialistic way of life
- One has to return to the austerities & penances formerly practiced in brahmacari life & thus relieve himself of the attachment to household life. After being relieved of his attachments to materialistic way of life, one may accept the order of sannyasa
- One takes his second birth by dint of having received instructions in the sastra from a bona fide spiritual master. Therefore, sastra, scripture, is the real father. All the sastras instruct that one should end his material way of life
- One who is engaged in devotional service can very easily be liberated from the dream of materialistic life
- Only when one actually has some taste for spiritual existence can he be reluctant to follow the materialistic way of life
- Perfection of materialistic life is suitably attained by the process of observing religious principles. This leads automatically to successful economic development, and thus there is no difficulty in satisfying all material desires
- Prahlada Maharaja prays to the Personality of Godhead that he may avoid the association of nondevotees attached to the materialistic way of life. If he must be attached to someone, he prays to be attached only to a devotee
- Prahlada Maharaja replied: Because of their uncontrolled senses, persons too addicted to materialistic life make progress toward hellish conditions and repeatedly chew that which has already been chewed
- Prahlada Maharaja says: I pray at Your lotus feet to call me back to Your eternal abode as one of Your servitors. This is the summit liberation of this materialistic way of life
- Prahlada Maharaja, although born in a demon family, was an exalted devotee, and he desired their welfare. Thus he began instructing them about the futility of materialistic life
- Prahlada, however, being situated above such instructions, did not like them, for such instructions are based on the duality of worldly affairs, which involve one in a materialistic way of life marked by birth, death, old age and disease
- Prahlada, who was truly the supreme learned person, then addressed his class friends in very sweet language. Smiling, he began to teach them about the uselessness of the materialistic way of life. Being very kind to them, he instructed them as follows
- Prajapati Daksa did not make propaganda against Narada Muni, but later, as we shall see, Daksa cursed Narada Muni for his benevolent activities. This is the way of materialistic life
- Preaching the cult of devotional service is something like declaring war against materialistic life. There are different kinds of materialists, such as the fruitive workers, the mental speculators, the mystic jugglers, and so many others
- Sankaracarya propounds the same conclusion (one should give up his materialistic life and return to his original, spiritual life)
- So materialistic life means that one is bitten by the snake of maya, illusion, and thus, without any Krsna consciousness, he is almost dead. Now the so-called dead man bitten by a snake can be brought back again to life by the chanting of some mantra
- Sometimes the Lord gives a spiritual body to such ambitious worshipers. May that Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is unlimitedly merciful, bestow upon me the benediction of liberation from this present danger and from the materialistic way of life
- Spiritual life means normal life, and material life means diseased life. Therefore we are always suffering in materialistic way of life. Diseased condition means suffering
- Sri Balarama informed Rukmini that ksatriyas are typical emblems of the materialistic way of life; they become puffed up whenever there is a question of material acquisition
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu further advised the brahmana Kurma, "If you follow this instruction, your materialistic life at home will not obstruct your spiritual advancement"
- Srimad-Bhagavatam does not have anything to do with the materialistic way of life; it gives transcendental information to educate people in the superior system of para vidya
- Standard of living, materialistic standard of living, means, high standard of living means, unrestricted enjoyment of wine and woman. That's all. That is the standard
- Such persons give stress to liberation and detachment from the materialistic way of life. They are always neutral and have no affection for nor misidentification with anything material
- Such wonderful topics always counteract the miseries of the materialistic way of life. Therefore great sages like Narada always speak upon Srimad-Bhagavatam because it gives one the facility to hear and chant about the wonderful activities of the Lord
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "The result of perfect knowledge is that one becomes detached from the materialistic way of life. This detachment means complete control of the senses, which are always attracted by material enjoyment"
- That is the subject matter of the poetry, that "I have no hope. Who will accept this, especially in this country, so much engrossed in materialistic way of life? And I shall say, 'Give up everything.' Who will take it?"
- The amount of happiness and distress is already predestined for every living entity. No one can increase or decrease the happiness of the materialistic way of life
- The brahmana begged Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My dear Lord, kindly show me favor and let me go with You. I can no longer tolerate the waves of misery caused by materialistic life"
- The brahmanas continued, "Although we are considered to be masters in all purificatory processes, we did not actually know what their goal is because we are too much attached to the materialistic way of life"
- The duty of the spiritual master is to instruct the disciple as long as he does not come to the understanding that this materialistic way of life, fruitive activity, is not at all beneficial
- The entire world is interested in the materialistic way of life. Indeed, practically 99.9 percent of the people in the three worlds are uninterested in liberation or spiritual education
- The grhamedhis, who want to continue a prosperous materialistic way of life, generally worship the demigods or the forefathers by offering pinda, or respectful oblations. Such persons are bereft of Krsna consciousness
- The hippy philosophy is nice as they are disgusted with the materialistic way of life. Therefore they want to renounce this stereotyped way of life. Unfortunately, they have no good leader, neither information that there is another beautiful life in KC
- The Krsna consciousness movement is teaching this higher knowledge of retiring from materialistic life to return to Godhead, but unfortunately many parents are not very satisfied with this movement
- The leaders of the Krsna consciousness movement should very seriously take this opportunity to be kind to the fallen souls by delivering them from the misunderstanding of materialistic life
- The materialistic way of life causes a burning in the heart. One cannot make any provisions for the troublesome life of the material world
- The materialistic way of life is based on sex life. Thus both becoming addicted to sex life and associating with persons who are addicted to sex life are condemned in the Vedic literature
- The materialistic way of life is nothing but the repeated chewing of that which has already been chewed. Although there is no profit in such a life, people are enamored of it because of uncontrolled senses
- The materialistic way of life, without any information of God or the demigods, and the life engaged in the worship of demigods, in pursuit of temporary material enjoyments, are different phases of phantasmagoria
- The Nectar of Devotion is not presented to condemn any way of materialistic life, but the attempt is to give information to religionists, philosophers and people in general how to love Krsna
- The peacocks can be compared to persons who are very much harassed in the materialistic way of life. If they can find the association of a person engaged in the loving devotional service of the Lord, they become enlightened and dance just like peacocks
- The personified Vedas continued, "In this material world, anyone who has developed such Krsna consciousness is no longer interested in the materialistic way of life"
- The principles we advise are no illicit sex, no intoxication, no gambling and no meat-eating. These four types of engagement will enable an intelligent person to get free from the materialistic life and return home, back to Godhead
- The root cause of our dissatisfaction is that our dormant loving propensity has not been fulfilled despite our great advancement in the materialistic way of life
- The spiritual master never instructs his disciple, "Take a mantra from me, pay me some money, and by practicing this yoga system you will become very expert in materialistic life." This is not the duty of a spiritual master
- The spiritual master teaches the disciple how to give up materialistic life, and the disciple's duty is to assimilate his instructions and ultimately follow the path back home, back to Godhead, from whence no one returns to this material world
- The Vedic promises of elevation to higher planets for a better standard of materialistic life are compared to flowery language because in a flower there is certainly an aroma but that aroma does not last for a very long time
- This material life means sense gratification. That's all. The sum and substance of materialistic life means sense gratification. Therefore advancement of material science means giving you products for your sense gratification
- This materialistic way of life is something like a grinding stone, and we are being crushed by it
- Those who are attached to materialistic life and are blind to spiritual life must act in such a way that they are bound to repeated birth and death by the actions and reactions of their activities
- Those who are disgusted or frustrated with the materialistic way of life worship Lord Siva to attain salvation, which entails freedom from material identification
- Those who are feeling frustration, confused, this is a good qualification. Good qualification in this sense: that those who are feeling frustration and confused, they are disgusted with this materialistic way of life. That is a good qualification
- Those who want to enjoy life in the materialistic way of society, friendship and love should not go to the Yamuna to see the form of Govinda
- Thus for the continuation of the materialistic way of life He creates happiness and distress, good fortune and bad, bondage and liberation, birth and death
- To advance in devotional service one should be uninterested in the materialistic way of life. That which is the subject matter of satisfaction for the devotees is of no interest to the nondevotees
- To become a great devotee means to finish all miserable conditions of materialistic life
- We have no alternative than to teach our disciples to free themselves from materialistic life. We must instruct them in the opposite of material life to save them from the repetition of birth and death
- We know that within 2000 years of human history no sages including Jesus Christ, prophet Mohammed, Lord Buddha, Acarya Sankara, Madhya, Ramanuja or even Lord Caitanya gave any importance to materialistic way of living
- When a man in the material world takes more interest in the materialistic way of life than in Krsna consciousness, he is considered to be in a diseased condition. The normal condition is to remain an eternal servant of the Lord
- When a person considers sense gratification the aim of life, he certainly becomes mad after materialistic living and engages in all kinds of sinful activity
- When a Vaisnava renounces the materialistic way of life and takes to sannyasa, it is not on the conception of the falsity of the material world but to devote himself fully to engaging everything in the service of the Lord
- When man and woman unite, the hard knot of this (sexual) attraction becomes increasingly tight, and thus a man is implicated in the materialistic way of life
- When people in materialistic life become disturbed by the blazing fire of material pangs, Krsna consciousness gives them relief like a cloud. The cloud and Krsna, having the same bodily color also, are considered to be friends
- When Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, is worshiped, all details of the material worlds are enlightened, and the heart of the devotee is nourished without his having to work in a materialistic way
- Without serving a self-realized Vaisnava, no one has ever been released from the materialistic way of life