Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
victories | victorious | victoriously | victory
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Victory"
The following 131 pages are in this category, out of 131 total.
- A person in Krsna consciousness is very humble and is fixed in his purpose. He is victorious over the six material qualities such as lust and anger, and he does not eat more than he needs
- Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. Everyone should be induced to accept this order, for this is victory. And it is the duty of the soldier, the devotee, to impress upon everyone this philosophy of life
- After hearing this, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya rendered his judgment, saying, "Brahmananda Bharati, I see that you are victorious." Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately said, "I accept whatever Brahmananda Bharati has said. It is quite all right with Me"
- After killing the great demon Dvivida and being worshiped by showers of flowers and glorious sounds of victory, Balarama returned to His capital city, Dvaraka
- After the death of nearly all the persons assembled at Kuruksetra, Arjuna will emerge victorious
- All good counsel was available to Arjuna in the matter of executing the battle of Kuruksetra. In such auspicious conditions, arranged by the Lord for His eternal devotee, lay the signs of assured victory
- All of them chanted, "All glories to Balarama! We offer our respectful obeisances unto Your lotus feet. By killing this demon, Dvivida, You have initiated an auspicious era for the world." All such jubilant sounds of victory were heard from outer space
- All of these demigods and demons assembled on the battlefield with a fighting spirit and attacked one another with great strength. All of them desiring victory, they fought in pairs, hitting one another severely with sharpened arrows, swords and lances
- All of you should be happy. Is there any fear from the demons?’ "They replied, 'By Your mercy, we are victorious everywhere'"
- All over the universe there are two parties - the Visnu party, or God-conscious party, and the godless party. The godless party is never happy or victorious, but the God-conscious party is always happy and victorious
- All the sages uttered with great respect: O unconquerable enjoyer of all sacrifices, all glories and all victories unto You
- Among all means of suppressing lawlessness I am punishment, and of those who seek victory I am morality. Of secret things I am silence, and of the wise I am the wisdom
- Among the victorious, Krsna is victory. He is the splendor of the splendid. Among the enterprising and industrious, He is the most enterprising, the most industrious. Among adventurers He is the most adventurous, and among the strong He is the strongest
- Arjuna thought that his victory in the battle would only be a cause of lamentation for him
- Arjuna was fighting on behalf of his elder brother, Yudhisthira. Because Krsna and Arjuna were on the side of Yudhisthira, Yudhisthira's victory was certain
- Arjuna was supposed to take responsibility and the credit of being victorious. Krishna is so kind, He does everything, but He gives the credit to His sincere devotee
- At that time the young brahmana said, "My dear gentlemen, please hear. Just to gain victory in an argument, this man is lying"
- Because the Lord was present on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, it became a dharma-ksetra, a place of pilgrimage. Therefore the Pandavas, who were extremely religious, were assured of victory
- Being dependent and being obliged to accept material bodies, belligerent subordinates are sometimes victorious and sometimes defeated
- Being very proud of my learning, I am thinking, 'Let me become victorious.' Sri Caitanya, however, is trying to purify me by nullifying this false pride, for a characteristic of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is that He acts for everyone's welfare
- Betting was with gold coins, and Balarama first of all challenged with one hundred coins, then one thousand coins, then ten thousand coins. Each time, Balarama lost, and Rukmi was victorious
- Brahma said: The auspicious period known as abhijit, which is most opportune for victory, commenced at midday and has all but passed; therefore, in the interest of Your (Varahadeva's) friends, please dispose of this formidable foe (Hiranyaksa) quickly
- But it so happened that sometimes the belligerent princes were killed in such marriage-fighting, and the victorious prince was offered the trophy princess for whom so many princes died
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu at that time was sixteen years old boy, but He was very learned logician. So the Kesava Kasmiri, he was traveling all over India by, I mean to say, competing other panditas, other learned scholars. So he, everywhere he was victorious
- Consider this battle a gambling match in which our lives are the stakes, the arrows are the dice, and the animals acting as carriers are the game board. No one can understand who will be defeated and who will be victorious. It all depends on providence
- Dhrtarastra was hopeful of the victory of his sons, assisted by great warriors like Bhisma, Drona and Karna
- Disciple of the victorious party
- Duryodhana said to Dronacarya: There are personalities like you, Bhisma, Karna, Krpa, Asvatthama, Vikarna and the son of Somadatta called Bhurisrava, who are always victorious in battle
- Each expected victory over the other, but the fighting continued for twenty-eight days, both in daytime and at night, without stopping
- Every day I am defeated in this assembly. If by chance I am one day victorious, that will be a great source of happiness for me, and all my shame will go away. But what means shall I adopt to establish my statements
- He (Maharaja Yudhisthira) fought for the right cause under the guidance of Lord Sri Krsna, but he could not enjoy the results of his victory because his cousins were all killed in the fight
- He soon became so expert in commenting on the Panji-tika that He could win victory over all the other students, although He was a neophyte
- If a person is victorious over the six enemies and is equipoised toward all living entities, for him there are no enemies. Enemies are merely imagined by one in ignorance
- If any wife wants to be happy with her husband, she must try to understand her husband's temperament and please him. This is victory for a woman
- If the father is victorious in the courts then what can we do? Our business is not to kidnap. People must come voluntarily. It is always voluntary
- In accordance with the Vedic custom, they (the ladies and girls of Mathura) took yogurt mixed with fresh green grass and strewed it here and there to make the victory jubilation even more auspicious
- In this very great narrative there are descriptions of devotees like Indra and Vrtrasura, and there are statements about King Indra's release from sinful life and about his victory in fighting the demons
- In this way, the demon Haryaksa and the Lord, the Personality of Godhead, struck each other with their huge maces, each enraged and seeking his own victory
- Indirectly, by the symbolism of the conchshell, he informed his depressed grandson Duryodhana that he had no chance of victory in the battle, because the Supreme Lord Krsna was on the other side
- Innocent women, they are very much harassed after the war by the victorious party. You know, the soldiers are given freedom to rape the women. And plunder the property. So many things they have
- It is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that a ksatriya can benefit in either of two ways while fighting. If a ksatriya gains victory in the fight, he enjoys the results of victory, but even if killed he is promoted to the heavenly kingdom
- It so happened that sometimes the belligerent princes were killed in such marriage-fighting (svayamvara), and the victorious prince was offered the trophy princess for whom so many princes died
- Jambavan, king of the bears, also joined in the ceremony. Sounding his bugle in all directions, he declared a great festival for Lord Vamanadeva's victory
- Jayasri Dasi, means victory, and if you will simply continue to develop your KC by following the rules and regulations, then surely your life will be very victorious in defeating all contaminations of the material world and in returning back to Home
- Just as a person not inclined to die must nonetheless give up his longevity, opulence, fame and everything else at the time of death, so, at the appointed time of victory, one can gain all these when the Supreme Lord awards them by His mercy
- Just like Churchill, he introduced that everyone should go and pray for victory. So England was also praying for victory, and Germany was also praying for victory. So (chuckles) God is perplexed
- King Khatvanga was unconquerable in any fight. Requested by the demigods to join them in fighting the demons, he won victory, and the demigods, being very pleased, wanted to give him a benediction
- King Nagnajit continued, "You (Krsna) may kindly know that from the very beginning I have made a vow to marry my daughter to a suitable candidate, one who can come out victorious in the test I have devised"
- King Pariksit was especially interested in hearing krsna-katha because he knew that his forefathers, particularly his grandfather, Arjuna, were victorious in the great Battle of Kuruksetra only because of Krsna
- Krsna and Canura and then Balarama and Mustika locked themselves hand to hand, leg to leg, and each began to press against the other with a view to coming out victorious
- Krsna said, "Now, Paundraka, I shall force you to give up this false representation. You wanted Me to surrender unto you. Now this is your opportunity. We shall now fight, & if I am defeated & you are victorious, I shall certainly surrender unto you"
- Laksmana said, "As I have already informed you, from the very beginning my mind was attracted by Lord Krsna, and thus I considered the garlanding of the Lord my great victory"
- Let there be all victory for the chanting of the holy name of Lord Krsna, which can cleanse the mirror of the heart and stop the miseries of the blazing fire of material existence
- Lord Krsna continued: "If you (Yudhisthira) want to conquer the worldly kings, there is no possibility of their emerging victorious"
- Lord Ramacandra has no equal or superior, and therefore He had no need to take help from the monkeys to gain victory over Ravana
- Lord Ramacandra's spotless name and fame, which vanquish all sinful reactions, are celebrated in all directions, like the ornamental cloth of the victorious elephant that conquers all directions
- Material life means everyone is trying to become victorious in the struggle of existence without God consciousness. That is our material disease
- Material prosperity consists of a good wife, good home, sufficient land, good children, aristocratic family relations, victory over competitors and, by pious work, attainment of accommodations in the higher celestial planets
- Mucukunda continued, "When I come back victorious, all subordinate kings may come and offer their respects, but as soon as I enter the inner section of my palace, I myself become an instrument in the hands of the queens"
- My Lord, the darkest evening, which covers the world, is fast approaching. Since You are the Soul of all souls, kindly kill him and win victory for the demigods
- O unconquerable one, when You spoke about bhagavata-dharma, which is the uncontaminated religious system for achieving the shelter of Your lotus feet, that was Your victory
- Observing a forest like the ones in Vrndavana, by going to a place of pilgrimage, by visiting the course of the Ganges River, by being victorious over the dictations of bodily demands
- Once while enjoying in the water of the River Narmada, the puffed-up Kartaviryarjuna, surrounded by beautiful women and garlanded with a garland of victory, stopped the flow of the water with his arms
- One who desires victory over an enemy should worship the demons
- One who is victorious in battle gains material possessions, and one who dies in the battlefield attains a residence at once in the celestial heavens
- People generally pray for material benefits: "O God, give us our daily bread. Give me nice position. Give me nice wife, nice following or this or victory," so on, so on, so on, simply for material enjoyment
- Pride in victory, or moroseness in defeat, is useless. One should fully depend on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is responsible for the victory and defeat of all living entities
- Salva thought that he had become victorious, and with a roaring sound he addressed Lord Krsna as follows
- Seeing the movements of time, those who are cognizant of the real truth neither rejoice nor lament for different circumstances. Therefore, because you (Indra) are jubilant due to your victory, you should be considered not very learned
- Since everything is dependent on the supreme will of the Personality of Godhead, one should be equipoised in fame and defamation, victory and defeat, life and death
- Since everything is dependent on the supreme will of the PG, one should be equipoised in fame & defamation, victory 7 defeat, life & death. In their effects, represented as happiness & distress, one should maintain oneself in equilibrium, without anxiety
- Since the Pandavas' cause was just, they would come out victorious, and the sons of Dhrtarastra would be killed. This was a prophecy told by Akrura to Dhrtarastra
- Since you have come here to kill me in accordance with Lord Visnu's order, there is no doubt that I shall be killed by the release of your thunderbolt. Lord Visnu has sided with you. Therefore your victory, opulence and all good qualities are assured
- Siva said: At that time your (Banasura) days will come to an end, and your flag of victory will no longer fly. Then you will see your false prestige smashed to pieces
- Sometimes two would pair off to fight in the water. One would emerge victorious and the other defeated, and the Lord would watch all this fun
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: Desiring to give up his body, Vrtrasura considered death in the battle preferable to victory
- That King was victorious over the King of Vidyanagara, and he took possession of his throne, the Manikya-simhasana, which was bedecked with many jewels
- The auspicious period known as abhijit, which is most opportune for victory, commenced at midday and has all but passed; therefore, in the interest of Your friends, please dispose of this formidable foe quickly
- The Bhagavad-gita began with an inquiry of Dhrtarastra's. He was hopeful of the victory of his sons, assisted by great warriors like Bhisma, Drona and Karna. He was hopeful that the victory would be on his side
- The brahmanas and sages honored Lord Balarama by presenting Him with first-class new clothing and ornaments and the lotus garland of victory; this garland was the reservoir of all beauty and was everlasting - it was never to be dried up
- The celebrated demon Ravana wanted to deprive Ramacandra of Laksmi, Sita, and thus be victorious, but the result was just the opposite
- The defeated members in duel fighting had to carry the victorious members on their backs, as a horse carries its master. They (the cowherd boys) began playing, and at the same time tended the cows as they proceeded through the Bhandiravana forest
- The emblem of Hanuman on the flag of Arjuna is another sign of victory
- The German people declared war against the English to ruin them, but the result was that both parties were ruined. Although the Allies were apparently victorious, at least on paper, actually neither of them were victorious
- The heroes of the Yadu dynasty were determined either to die on the battlefield or to gain victory. They were confident that if they died in the fighting they would attain a heavenly planet and if they came out victorious they would enjoy the world
- The human life is meant for gaining victory over the senses
- The king must come forward first. The other party's king also. The king will fight with king, and the soldiers will fight soldiers according to position. And when the king is killed, then victory is owned
- The Lord said, "My dear Arjuna, do not desist from fighting. If you gain victory in the fight, you will enjoy a kingdom, and even if you die you will be elevated to the heavenly planets"
- The modern scientists do not have sufficient means to understand the process of victory over birth and death. Therefore, they set aside the question of birth and death; they do not consider it. They simply engage in the problems of the material body
- The party of Balarama, accompanied by Sridama and Vrsabha, came out victorious, and Krsna’s party had to carry them on their backs through the Bhandiravana forest
- The plans of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are understood by His mercy, and the plans of the devotees are as good as His plans. One should follow such plans and be victorious in the struggle for existence
- The sages and brahmanas then performed a ceremonial bathing of Lord Balarama, just as the demigods bathe King Indra when he is victorious over the demons
- The son of Visvasaha was Maharaja Khatvanga. Maharaja Khatvanga joined the demigods in fighting the demons and was victorious, and the demigods therefore wanted to give him a benediction
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is present in everyone's heart, simply gives the results of the increase in the various qualities, but He is impartial. He supervises victory and loss, but He does not take part in them
- The warriors of the Kuru dynasty (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva) accepted their great victory and took their daughter, Laksmana, away from him (Samba). Thereafter, they entered the city of Hastinapura in great triumph
- The Yaksas, being temporarily victorious, exclaimed that they had conquered Dhruva Maharaja. But in the meantime Dhruva's chariot suddenly appeared, just as the sun suddenly appears from within foggy mist
- There (in Goloka Vrndavana) someone may accept Him (Krsna) as a son and sometimes bind Him to a grinding mortar. Someone else may accept Him as an intimate friend and, attaining victory over Him, playfully mount His shoulders
- There would be competition and mock fighting between the two parties, and when Krsna's party was defeated by Balarama, the boys would say, "If Balarama's party remains victorious, then who in the world can be weaker than ourselves"
- They had no knowledge of the Lord's reality, and they cried, "May victory attend You! Pray dispatch him. Play no more with him"
- This chapter (8th chapter of the 6th canto of the SB) describes how Indra, the King of heaven, was victorious over the soldiers of the demons, and it also describes the shield of the Visnu mantra (the Narayana-kavaca shield)
- This King, being uniquely powerful and heroic, will have no competitor. He will travel around the globe on his victorious chariot, holding his invincible bow in his hand and appearing exactly like the sun, which rotates in its own orbit from the south
- This prophet always desires your good fortune. By His grace, all your business is successful. By His blessings, you will attain victory everywhere
- Thus I have spoken about the victorious passing away of Haridasa Thakura. Anyone who hears this narration will certainly fix his mind firmly in devotional service to Krsna
- Uddhava said, "(If we can somehow gain victory over Jarasandha) The imprisoned kings will be released, and with great pleasure we shall enjoy the spread of Your transcendental fame for having saved the innocent kings whom Jarasandha has imprisoned"
- Uddhava said, "Bhimasena should approach Jarasandha in the dress of a brahmana, beg charity from him and then personally engage in fighting him. And in order to assure Bhimasena's victory, I think that Your Lordship should accompany him"
- Uddhava said, "I think that if we can somehow or other gain victory over Jarasandha, all our purposes will automatically be served"
- Uddhava said, "If the fighting takes place in Your (Krsna's) presence, I am sure Bhimasena will emerge victorious, for Your presence makes everything impossible possible. Brahma creates this universe & Siva destroys it simply through Your influence"
- Uddhava said, "The Rajasuya sacrifice can be performed only by one who has gained victory over all directions. Therefore, to execute both purposes, we first have to kill Jarasandha"
- Uddhava said, "Unless we are victorious over all the kings, no one can perform Rajasuya sacrifice. In other words, it is to be understood that King Yudhisthira cannot perform this great sacrifice without gaining victory over the belligerent Jarasandha"
- Victory for the Communists means the whole human culture is lost
- Victory was certain for the side of Arjuna because Krsna was there. Krsna's acceptance of the post of charioteer for Arjuna was an exhibition of another opulence
- Vrtrasura continued: O Indra, no one is guaranteed of being always victorious but the original enjoyer, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Bhagavan. He is the cause of creation, maintenance and annihilation, and He knows everything
- Vrtrasura encouraged Indra, saying, "Don't be morose because of my victory. There is no need to stop fighting. Instead, you should go on with your duty. When Krsna desires, you will certainly be victorious." This verse is very instructive
- When there is political game, everyone does everything to gain his victory. In politics, these things are allowed
- When there was a fight among the princes, Pradyumna came out victorious, and therefore Rukmi was obliged to offer his beautiful daughter to Pradyumna
- Whenever a ksatriya wants to marry a very beautiful and qualified daughter of a great king, he must fight his competitors and emerge victorious. Then he is given the hand of the princess in charity
- Whenever there is an argument between a devotee and a nondevotee, the pure, strong devotee comes out victorious. The word pandya comes from the word panda, meaning "knowledge." Unless one is highly learned, he cannot conquer nondevotional conceptions