Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
unknown | unknowable | unknowing | unknowingly
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Unknown"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A hog's life is degraded in its standard of happiness, which entails living in a filthy place, engaging in sex enjoyment at every opportune moment, and laboring hard in a struggle for existence, but this is unknown to the hog
- According to expert sexologists like Bharata Muni, the male and the female enjoy equally in material sexual pleasure. But in the spiritual world the relationships are different, although this is unknown to mundane experts
- According to one's attitude, Krsna becomes one's direct adviser, or Krsna becomes unknown
- According to the system of Vedic society, whenever an unknown sannyasi comes to a village or town, someone must invite him to take prasadam in his home
- Actually, these ideas what we have explained in our books, they're unknown to the modern world
- Although the living entity is working from within the body, he is nonetheless unknown. The living entity enters the material creation, but because he is bewildered by the material energy, he appears to be hidden
- An ideal householder is required to call for any unknown hungry man to come and dine before he himself goes to take his meals. He is required to call for such a hungry man thrice on the road
- An unknown object should not be put before the known subject because the object has no meaning if the subject is not first given
- As long as it does not turn iron into gold by its touch, no one can recognize an unknown stone to be a touchstone
- By the Divine Will of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura we are now combined together, although originally we are born in different parts of the world, unknown to one another
- By Vidura's warning the Pandavas escaped through a tunnel underneath the earth so that their escape was also unknown to Dhrtarastra
- If one enters an unknown city without friend or shelter, living in that city is more difficult than living in a forest. There are many big cities all over the surface of the globe, and wherever one looks he sees the struggle for existence going on
- If you want to understand transcendental subject matter, not material, spiritual... Spiritual is completely unknown to us because we do not know what is spiritual. We are identifying with this body
- In the same way, all these incarnations were known, but whose incarnations they are was unknown
- In the same way, when Krsna was first counted among the incarnations, specific knowledge about Him was still unknown
- In the Western world, where the glories of Lord Caitanya are relatively unknown, one may inquire, "Who is Krsna Caitanya?" The author of the Caitanya-caritamrta, Srila Krsnadasa Kaviraja, answers that question in the third verse of his book
- It is not proper for householders to dine with those whose previous birth, family, character and behavior are unknown
- Materialistic science may one day finally discover the eternal anti-material world which has for so long been unknown to the wranglers of gross materialism
- Mucukunda told Lord krsna, "To revive my energy, I was taking rest in this solitary cave, but I have been awakened by some unknown man who has forced me to wake up although I was not willing to do so"
- Narada spoke as follows: "By Your (Krsna's) grace, however, I have seen many times the action of Your inconceivable potency & therefore when You ask me for the news of the Pandavas, which is not at all unknown to You, I am not surprised at Your inquiry"
- No one can fulfill any desire without the sanction of the Lord. All the facilities given by the Lord are unknown to the conditioned soul
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "I can understand that some unknown mellow in Me controls the entire existence of My captivator, Srimati Radharani"
- Once upon a time, a person arrived at the gateway of the assembly house who was unknown to all the members of the assembly, and with the permission of Lord Krsna he was admitted into the assembly by the doorkeeper
- One is called undisturbed who goes to an unknown, remote place and, freed from all obligations, quits his material body when it has become useless
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My dear Lord, I am a very lowborn person. Indeed, I am a servant to lowborn people; therefore I am very, very downtrodden. Nonetheless, You have taught me conclusions unknown even to Lord Brahma"
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was seen engaged in public welfare activities, establishing deep wells for the water supply, rest houses and gardens for unknown guests, and great monasteries and temples for saintly persons
- Spiritual variegatedness is unknown to the Mayavadi philosophy; therefore all the Mayavadi philosophers and sannyasis criticized Lord Caitanya when He was conducting His sankirtana movement
- The ear is the most important instrument in the body of the living entity. Sound is the most important medium for carrying the message of distant and unknown things
- The idea of loving is not unknown to you
- The idea of loving is not unknown to you. You love somebody. You love your wife. You love your children. You love your country. You love your society. There are so many loving aspect. But when you love Krsna, then your life is perfect
- The impersonal Brahman is unknown even to the other directors of the material creation, including Lord Brahma, Lord Indra and even Lord Visnu. This does not mean, however, that Lord Visnu is not omniscient
- The inquiry from Mucukunda about Krsna's being the predominating deity of a planet unknown to him is quite appropriate
- The Krsna consciousness idea, is very, very new to them. Krsna, God, can be talked with personally. One can go to God personally. These ideas were unknown in the Western countries. But that is possible. That is a fact
- The laws of nature work in subtle ways unknown to us
- The Lord resides in His Vaikuntha planet. No one can estimate how far away this planet is situated. It is said, however, that anyone trying to reach that planet by airships or by mindships, traveling for millions of years, will find it still unknown
- The man's being a vipra is known, but his erudition is unknown. Therefore the person is identified first and his erudition later
- The mind, is the cause of all tribulations in the material world. As long as this fact is unknown to the conditioned living entity, he has to accept the miserable condition of the material body and wander within this universe in different positions
- The predicate of a sentence is what is unknown to the reader, whereas the subject is what is known to him
- The soul, while sleeping, creates false or temporary worlds in his mind; he becomes busy in many illusory activities - sometimes becoming a king, sometimes being murdered or sometimes going to an unknown city - and all these are simply temporary affairs
- The transcendental ecstasy enjoyed by the devotees in delineating the pastimes of the Lord is certainly unknown to nondevotees and mental speculators
- The wives of Krsna were so fortunate that they got the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their husband, although their husband’s personality was unknown even to Brahma and the other demigods
- The woman treats the unknown man as son, and the unknown man treats the unknown woman as mother. This is Vedic civilization
- The wonderful potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is bewildering even to the jugglers. That potential power is unknown even to the self-sufficient Lord, so it is certainly unknown to others
- We find that materialists are generally devotees of many demigods, especially Lord Siva and mother Durga. They do not actually want spiritual happiness, for it is almost unknown to them
- When an actual fact is unknown to a certain person, this is called ignorance or lack of knowledge. This is not applicable to God, however, because He knows Himself perfectly
- When King Citraketu heard of his son's death from unknown causes, he became almost blind
- When Lord Krsna heard this unfortunate news from the unknown man, He at first became most perturbed, just like an ordinary human being. His face showed signs of grief, and He began to cry in a piteous tone
- When the cause of all causes becomes known, then everything knowable becomes known, and nothing remains unknown
- When the gopis understood that Uddhava had a message from Krsna, they became very happy & called him to a secluded place & offered him a nice sitting place. They wanted to talk with him very freely & did not want to be embarrassed before unknown persons
- While he was sitting beneath a tree, an unknown cowherd boy came with a pot of milk, placed it before Madhavendra Puri and, smiling, addressed him as follows
- Within a few moments, a mysterious, unknown man came before Lord Krsna. Crying loudly, he bowed down at the Lord's lotus feet and said to Him