Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Even Today (35 P)
Pages in category "Today"
The following 148 pages are in this category, out of 148 total.
- A brahmana means purified. So those who are going to be sacred-threaded today, they should remember that they are being accepted as sucih, as brahmana
- A dead man shaved will not grow, will not grow any more hair - finished. But a living man, because he has got that energy, so today you shave, again tomorrow there is hair. This is called inconceivable energy
- According to the Vedic civilization, one cannot give up the responsibilities of family life, but today everyone is giving up family life by divorce. This is due to the miserable condition experienced in the family
- Adhyatmika means pertaining to the body and mind. "I have got headache today. I have got some pain here in the back. My mind is not very much settled up today. I cannot talk with you."
- Advaita Acarya said, "My dear friends, what shall I say? Today I have received the highest transcendental pleasure. After many, many days, Lord Krsna is in My house"
- After this, there was a network of barbed wiring constructed by a demon of the name Mura. The city appeared well protected even in terms of today's scientific advancements
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, today my home has been purified by Your (Krsna's) presence. I have become the most fortunate person in the world"
- Akrura says, "Because I am going to see Lord Krsna today, all symptoms of inauspiciousness have already been killed"
- Akrura thought, "Anyone who is able to see Him by eyes smeared with love of Godhead enjoys a festival of seeing. Today I shall be able to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Akrura thought, "He (Krsna) is the reservoir of all beauty; therefore today my eyes will achieve perfection"
- Akrura thought, "Today it will be possible for me to actually see the beauty of the spiritual kingdom of Visnuloka because Krsna is the Supreme Visnu and He has advented Himself out of His own good will"
- Akrura thought, “I shall also see His smile and His curling black hair. I can be sure of this opportunity because I see that today the deer are passing on my right side"
- Although I (God) am not easily knowable by the conditioned soul, you (Brahma) have known Me today because you know that My personality is not constituted of anything material, and specifically not of the five gross and three subtle elements
- As for behavior, there are many rules and regulations guiding human behavior, such as the Manu-samhita, which is the law of the human race. Even up to today, those who are Hindu follow the Manu-samhita
- As we inquire every morning, "What is the news today?" Immediately we pick newspaper. That inquisitiveness is there. But we are inquiring very base things only. There is no desire to inquire about the highest possibility, brahma-jnana
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya said, "Since I was present today, it was possible for me to pull the Lord up. But if He starts to drown at Vrndavana, who will help Him"
- Baladeva's affection for Krsna is illustrated in this statement to Subala: "My dear friend, please inform Krsna not to go to Kaliya's lake today. Today is His birthday, and so I wish to go along with Mother Yasoda to bathe Him"
- Be determined. Don't make it a farce, that "Today I am initiated and tomorrow I again I give up everything and again grow my hair and then go to hell." No. Don't do that. If you want to be serious, then the path is clear for going back to home
- Because of their great attachment for Krsna, they (the cowherd men) thought, "Today Krsna is surely going to be vanquished!"
- Beginning from today down - Wed. 25 August 1965... (Srila Prabhupada's heart attack on-board the Jaladuta)... Tue 31 August 1965 - Passed over a great crisis on the struggle for life and death. A separate statement has to be written on this crisis area
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, leaving aside all other things and just considering today’s happenings - what I have seen - are they not all due to Your inconceivable energies?"
- By his mercy I have received Your interview here. Consequently I consider that today I have become a successful human being
- By Krsna's will, I am now residing at the Los Angeles temple of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. This purport (on Sri Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu) is finished today, the 30th of June, 1969
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I think that today all My desires have been fulfilled because I see that Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya has acquired faith in the maha-prasadam of Lord Jagannatha"
- Canakya Pandita, he was great politician, he is advising that if you have got money, spend it for Krsna. Don't keep it. Spend it for Krsna. Why? It will be spoiled. Today or tomorrow. Somebody will take and spoil it. Better, if you spend it for Krsna
- Damodara Pandita replied, "Sankara is my younger brother, but from today he becomes my elder brother because of Your special mercy upon him"
- Dantavakra said, "Krsna, although You are my relative, You are foolish. You are our greatest enemy, so I must kill You today just as a person removes a boil on his body by a surgical operation"
- Don't manufacture anything. That is not good. You'll manufacture today something; next day you'll manufacture something; then you'll go astray. Don't do that
- Even the Brahmas, of which there are millions in different universes, are all liable to death either today or tomorrow. Therefore the entire material universe is called Martyaloka, the place of death
- Even today in India people decorate swinging thrones and re-create this scene during the month of July-August. Generally at that time people go to Vrndavana to offer their respects to the Deities there
- Even until today, the Deity performs the sraddha ceremony on the anniversary of the death of Govinda Ghosa. The temple of this Deity is managed by the raja-vamsa family of Krsnanagara, whose members are descendants of Raja Krsnacandra
- Everything is happening because of our association with the modes of material nature. Therefore one who is my friend today in association with the mode of goodness may be my enemy tomorrow in association with the modes of passion and ignorance
- For Caitanya-caritamrta 19 pages of manuscript were sent yesterday and today they are sending 30 pages. So you go on making Caitanya-caritamrta and print chapterwise, and that will be very nice
- From today on I shall not wear this deerskin. As soon as Brahmananda Bharati decided this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, understanding his mind, immediately sent for the robes of a sannyasi
- Haridasa Thakura informed her "Today it will be possible for me to finish my chanting. Then I shall satisfy all your desires"
- Hearing this, Lord Nityananda Prabhu said, "You are a thief. Now you have come to see Me. Come here, come here. Today I shall punish you"
- Here as soon as there is little sunshine, oh, today, "Good morning." Today is very good morning. In London, Lennon's gardener, he was meeting, I was walking. He was Mr. Johnson or something
- Here they marry today and tomorrow divorce. No meaning of marriage. Simply prostitution
- However until today there has been no arrival of the Hindi BTG, so I am still waiting for it
- I am especially talking to my sannyasi disciples, who are going out today on a great mission. Please stick to this principle-one-Krsna. You will be benefited, and the persons to whom you'll talk, they will be benefited, the world will be benefited
- I am Indian, and after my death I shall become Indian? No. There is no guarantee. Today I am American, and after death I shall become a...? No. That is not in your hand. After death your so-called boastfulness, pride - everything finished
- I am very glad to inform you that today we have laid down the cornerstone for our Bombay Center here in Juhu, and the ceremony was very wonderful with many important people attending
- I am very much hopeful that, with my disciples who are now participating today, even if I die my movement will not stop
- I can give you all guidance and direction for there are millions of Christians in the world today. We are not concerned with how, so much as the fact that one must develop his dormant love for God
- I have become very, very weak. No appetite. The brain is not working. Brain is working, but body is not allowing... Don't worry. Everyone will die, today or tomorrow. I am also old man. There is nothing to be regrettable
- I have just received invitation today from Harivilas prabhu inviting me to come to one Hare Krsna Festival in Paris around that time also, so I am considering very seriously
- I have today informed my centers at New York and Dallas to receive Mr. & Mrs. Malkani and arrange for their accommodation
- I may inform you that I have today sent the following cable to Tusta Krsna Maharaja
- I think that Nrsimhadeva could not eat anything today, and therefore He is fasting. If the master fasts, how can the servant live
- If somebody gives me a new dress, so I say: "Oh, it is a new dress. Very nice." So that is my enjoyment. Similarly if you satisfy Krsna daily a very gorgeous dress. Just like today I see it is very nice. This kind of dress should be supplied to Krsna
- If the Varnasramadharma can be instituted it is welcome, but it is a little difficult today to do. If it can be done we want that. Training is required
- In democratic government at the present moment all kinds of fools and rascals are making decisions. But what can they do? What is the result of their legislation? They enact something today just to whimsically repeal it tomorrow
- In fighting, the king or the president should never return home without being hurt by the enemy. The so-called king of today never visits the warfield. He is very much expert in artificially encouraging the fighting strength
- In India even today the Hindu community often takes advice from expert scholars regarding how to counteract sinful activities. In Christianity also there is a process of confession and atonement
- In London we have instituted a program where important men come to meet with me in the evening for discussion of Krsna Consciousness. I have talked with a very famous sculptor, a teacher of a boys college and today George Harrison is supposed to visit
- Indeed, He said, "Although I am invited to eat by Advaita Acarya, today also is a fast. So small a quantity of food will not fill even half My belly"
- Indeed, today you have undoubtedly taken shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna, and Krsna, without reservation, has become very merciful toward you
- Indirectly, this verse anticipates the invention of nuclear weapons, of which the whole world is today very proud. At any moment war may take place, and these atomic weapons may create havoc
- It has now been actually proved that today's confused and frustrated younger generation in the Western countries can directly perceive the results of channeling the loving propensity toward Krsna alone
- It is confirmed by Sukadeva Gosvami that in those days the river flowing through the city of Hastinapura, present-day New Delhi, was known as the Ganges, although today it is called the Yamuna
- It is our practical experience in this material world that the same person who is one's friend today becomes one's enemy tomorrow. Our relationships as friends or enemies, family men or outsiders, are actually the results of our different dealings
- Krsna replied, "My elder brother, Balarama, while playing with Me today, became angry, and therefore He has joined with the other boys to complain against Me. They have all combined together to complain so you will be angry and chastise Me"
- Krsna says that "That very ancient science of relationship with the Supreme is today told by Me to you because you are My devotee." So how the nondevotees can understand? Nondevotee cannot understand
- Krsna was once thinking, "Today, while I was engaged in tending the cows in the pasturing ground of Vrndavana, I went to collect some flowers in a beautiful garden"
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja was requested to write the CC by the devotees of Vrndavana. Although he began this work at a very old age, by the grace of Caitanya he finished it. Today it remains the most authoritative book on Caitanya Mahaprabhu's philosophy & life
- Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, is called cancala. She does not remain at one place. We have got experience. Today one man is very rich; next generation is no longer rich. That is also nationwise applicable. Just like we have seen British Empire
- Lord Krsna said, "Today we have achieved the desired goal of life because we now see face to face all the exalted, liberated sages and ascetics, whom even the great demigods in the heavens desire to see"
- Lord Krsna spoke thus, "All glories to the assembled sages and ascetics! Today we all feel that our lives have become successful"
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "Today is Your birthday ceremony; therefore You should come back home and give cows in charity to the brahmanas. Don’t You see how Your playmates are decorated with ornaments by their mothers?"
- My dear Bhattacarya, today you have been released from material bondage in the bodily conception of life; you have cut to pieces the shackles of the illusory energy
- My dear Lord, there is no limit to my great fortune. It cannot be described. Today my family, birth and riches have all been glorified
- Narada said, "Your (Krsna's) appearance, therefore, is not forced by any other agency. By Your sweet will only, You agree to appear and disappear. It is my great fortune that I have been able to see Your lotus feet today"
- Nityananda Prabhu said, "I have undergone fasting for three days continuously. Today I had hoped to break My fast"
- No poetry, no science, no philosophy, no religion, no culture, no knowledge we have today can be said to be superior to that we find 5,000 years or more ago in India
- O Govinda, this youthful girl named Radhika is today constantly pouring forth tears like nectar falling from flowers as She sings Your holy names in a sweet voice
- One is immediately freed from the clutches of maya if he seriously and sincerely says, 'My dear Krsna, although I have forgotten You for so many long years in the material world, today I am surrendering unto You. I am Your sincere and serious servant'
- Rukmi said, "This cowherd boy (Krsna) has become proud of His tricky way of fighting with ksatriyas, today I shall teach Him a good lesson. Because He had the impudence to kidnap my sister, I, with my sharp arrows, shall teach Him good lessons indeed"
- Rukmini began to think, "There is only one night between today and my marriage day, and still neither the brahmana nor Syamasundara has returned. I cannot ascertain any reason for this"
- Sages said, "Today you have already liquidated your debts to your forefathers and the sages. Now, by performing sacrifices, you can free yourself from indebtedness to the demigods and thus take complete shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Sages said, "We are all so fortunate that today we have been able to see Your (Krsna) lotus feet directly"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then took the Lord with him to his home, saying, "Today's luncheon will be at my home." In this way he invited the Lord
- Scriptures fully support the varnasrama system of four social and four religious orders. But what is today being labeled varnasrama is an atheistic concept totally unsupported by the scriptures
- Simply we have to agree, "My Lord, from today, I dedicate my life for Your service," you are immediately brahma-bhutah. Immediately, from that moment. It is so nice. Not that you have to take some time how to become brahma-bhutah
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu addressed Advaita Acarya Prabhu, saying sweetly, "My dear Sir, today I have become perfect because of Your arrival"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Today I have conquered the three worlds very easily. Today I have ascended to the spiritual world"
- Srutadeva said, "We can appreciate that not only today have You (Krsna) given me Your audience, but You are associating with all the living entities as Paramatma since the beginning of creation"
- Subala once addressed Krsna in this way: "My dear Kesava, Your round turban, the lotus flower in Your hand, the vertical marks of tilaka on Your forehead, Your kunkuma-flavored musk and all of Your beautiful bodily features are defeating me today"
- Subala said, "My dear Kesava, Your round turban, the lotus flower in Your hand, the vertical marks of tilaka on Your forehead, Your kunkum-flavored musk and all of Your beautiful bodily features are defeating me today"
- That is the duty of the husband. If wife's a little hair is infringed, he should take steps immediately. That is husband, not that accept wife today and give it up tomorrow. That is not husband
- The asura is concerned with how much wealth he has in the bank today and how it will increase tomorrow, but unrestricted accumulation of wealth is not permitted either by the sastra or, in the modern age, by the government
- The Bhattacarya informed all of them, "Please take your midday baths immediately. Today I shall offer you maha-prasadam, the remnants of food offered to Lord Jagannatha"
- The city of Hastinapura stands today on the bank of the Yamuna, & the statement of Srimad-Bhagavatam that Yudhisthira went to bathe in the Ganges indicates, therefore, that during the time of the Pandavas the river Yamuna was also known as the Ganges
- The death is inevitable, you die today or tomorrow. So by taking this medicine, if you die, you have the greatest benefit. And if you live, enjoy. If you die, enjoy; if you live, enjoy. Go on chanting
- The demoniac person thinks: "So much wealth do I have today, and I will gain more according to my schemes. So much is mine now, and it will increase in the future, more and more"
- The difficulty is that our GBC men are falling victim to maya. Today I trust this GBC and tomorrow he will fall down
- The incident that happened today was a great obstacle for Me, but you have kindly relieved Me of it
- The Indian culture of today is restricted by the hereditary caste system and kept in the custody of narrow-minded people who are like frogs in a well
- The land is purchased, and there were many opposing elements, but they are being satisfied, with the last one being satisfied today
- The London party is going to New York today, and from there they will start for London, as soon as possible. That center is immediately necessary, because we have no center in Europe
- The Muslim caudhuri told Raghunatha dasa, "You are my son from this day on. Today, by some means, I shall have you released"
- The people today are fascinated by so much of the glimmering so-called beauty of the external energy, and there is necessity of seeing beautiful pictures of Krishna and His devotees and His Pastimes, in order to attract them to the spiritual process
- The songs which I have recorded there I have heard today on the record, and they are very nice, especially the Prayers to the Six Goswamis. It has come out very successful on the whole. I hope the German people will like the Bengali tunes
- The two, Yaksas and Raksasas, are the original creation by Brahma and are represented even until today in the uncivilized men who are scattered all over the universe
- The ungodly human being, ignorant of his duty to give protection and food to the animals, kills them to compensate for the insufficient production of grains. Thus no one is satisfied, and that is the cause for the present condition in today's world
- Therefore, today please give away your daughters to the foremost of the sages, with due regard for the girls' temperaments and likings, and thereby spread your fame all over the universe
- They (the cowherd boys) immediately approached Krsna and Balarama and said, "Dear Krsna and Balarama, You are both all-powerful; You can kill many, many demons, but today we are much afflicted with hunger, and this is disturbing us"
- They are working on the mental platform. Therefore today they fix up, "This is the conclusion," and tomorrow, another conclusion, another conclusion, because it is mental platform
- This land of Vrndavana (Vrajabhumi) is glorified today because Your (Balarama) lotus feet have touched her earth and grass, Your fingernails have touched her trees and creepers, and Your merciful eyes have glanced upon her rivers, hills, birds and beasts
- Today at (20/8/65) the captain arranged for a meeting on board the Jaladuta on account of Janmastami day & I spoke for an hour on the philosophy & teachings of Lord Sri Krishna. All the officers attended the meeting & there was distribution of Prasadam
- Today Gurudasa and his wife Yamuna are going there. You wanted some married couple. They are the best pair and if required they can remain in Delhi to organize things nicely
- Today Haridasa Thakura has promised to enjoy with me. Tomorrow certainly I shall have union with him
- Today I (Kardama Muni) am very much pleased with you (Devahuti) for your great devotion and most excellent loving service. Since the body is so dear to embodied beings, I am astonished that you have neglected your own body to use it on my behalf
- Today I am sending you two Krishna Conscious lectures, tape recorded into the dictaphone. Please write them properly and send me one copy
- Today I am using your beadbag. It is very nice, I thank you very much for it
- Today I have disclosed my mind to my companion Lord Sri Krishna. There is a Bengali poem made by me today in this connection
- Today I have had a dream, and according to that dream I have come here and found You
- Today I have received the December issue of Back to Godhead. The interview with the London reporter is very important. This should be presented in the courts. It is 95% of the evidence we require to prove that Krishna Consciousness is genuine
- Today I have sent you the first installment of "Narada Bhakti Sutras". Please let me know how do you like it or if there is any difficulty to understand it. On hearing from you I shall take up the next installment
- Today I may be in good position, I may be millionaire, I may be prime minister, but when death will come it will take everything from you, and it will oblige you to go to a species form of life which you cannot deny
- Today is a special day, the disappearance day of my Guru Maharaja, Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Goswami. So these acaryas, they come and they go, that is not like ordinary birth and death
- Today is his appearance day. So we should honor this tithi very respectfully and pray to Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami that "We are engaged in your service. So give us strength, give us intelligence. And we are being guided by your servant"
- Today is the most auspicious day, 101 years ago, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Ṭhakura appeared on this day. He is gaura-sakti. Gaura-sakti means empowered by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Today is very auspicious day. With great difficulty we have got now sanction. Now please cooperate with this attempt as far as possible
- Today it has become a much advertised fashion for a woman to go almost naked, covering the lower part of her body only slightly, in order to draw the attention of a man to her private parts for sexual enjoyment
- Today it is fashionable for common men to write whimsical words as so-called incarnations of God and be accepted as authentic by other common men
- Today or tomorrow or fifty years after or a hundred years after, everyone knows that he will be slaughtered. He will die. Death means slaughter. Nobody wants to die
- Today or tomorrow, everyone will die. So where is the anxiety? Die or not die, tomorrow or today, but one should chant Hare Krsna, that's all
- Today there was a television station interview in my apartment. They came with big cameras and microphones, and I played harmonium and one lady interviewed with a few questions
- Today we are holding our annual Ratha Yatra festival in San Francisco, They are expecting 25,000 people to participate. There are three raths each 45 feet high and weighing 10 tons. Mass prasadam will be distributed
- Today we have got two functions. One function is initiation of a brahmacari, and another function is marriage ceremony of our one disciple Satsvarupa brahmacari and Jadurani brahmacarini
- Today you are Muslim. Tomorrow you can become Christian. You can change your faith. But that is not religion. Change of faith or accepting some faith, that is not religion. Religion means which you cannot change
- Today you may be proprietor of a big house, big motor car, but after death you don't know, you have to accept a body, and it may be you become a cockroach in the car or in the house. That is not in your hands
- Today your mind has become fit to take shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna because, surpassing the Vedic regulative principles, you have eaten the remnants of food offered to the Lord
- Today's so-called yoga practice, which involves various sense pleasures, is contradictory. A yogi indulging in sex and intoxication is a mockery
- Today, all of you please try to taste the lunch just as Lord Jagannatha accepted it
- Today, the whole world is mad after the culture of knowledge in relation to temporary arrangements for the gross material body and the subtle material mind
- We are being so favorably presented everywhere by the media. Just today two editors of Indian newspapers have informed me of their intention to print special issues devoted to our Movement as well as give daily one article on our philosophy
- What is essential today is not so much the rehabilitation of schools and libraries or shops and factories but the rehabilitation of man; we must re-create man if we are to create a new world community
- What is today being labeled varnasrama is an atheistic concept totally unsupported by the scriptures. Real varnasrama is based not on birth but on people's qualities and activities
- When the father is going to give birth to a child, it is not a secret affair. It is open affair. "Now this is the good, auspicious day, and today the father will implant the seed of the son in the womb of the mother." There is great function
- When you hear the sound of the wind, "Ohnnhnn Shaah Shaah," you say, "Oh, today wind is very violently blowing." You can feel, but you don't see the air. So don't stress on seeing only