"tamo-guna" | "tamasika-guna" | "tama-guna"
Pages in category "Tamo-guna"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- Ajnah means one who has no knowledge. And who has no knowledge? Now, tamasa. Those who are in the modes of ignorance. There are three kinds of material nature, modes: sattva, raja, tamas
- Aside from us, what is to be said of others, like the demons and human beings, who are in the base modes of material nature (rajo-guna and tamo-guna)? How will they know You?
- Because destruction is in the mode of ignorance, Lord Siva and his worshipable Deity, Sankarsana, are technically called tamasi. Lord Siva is the incarnation of tamo-guna
- Being captivated by the material world under the influence of the three modes of material nature (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna), the living entity can see only the three fruits of activities under the spell of material nature
- Being in the tamo-guna, just like the spark being in the water... Water and fire, they are two opposite. So if one remains in tamo-guna, he has no chance of coming out to become fire again. There is no chance
- By our iccha, Krsna gives us to fulfill our desires. So as we contact with the different modes of material nature, we are situated either in sattva-guna or rajo-guna or tamo-guna, and our different characteristics are visible
- He is also present in the varieties of material creations and in the material elements, the total material energy and the modes of material nature (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna), as well as the unmanifested material nature and the false ego
- He is always in the transcendental position, but because He is worshiped by Lord Siva, the deity of tamo-guna or darkness, He is sometimes called tamasi
- How many causes are responsible for manifesting the various results of activities performed under the three modes of material nature (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna)?
- Human civilization should be so arranged that never mind, it is so mixed up, you have to gradually draw him again to the sattva-guna. That is human civilization. Not that drag him again to the tamo-guna
- If you contaminate with the tamo-guna, then you must suffer. If you contaminate rajo-guna, you must get disease
- In the material world the pleasure enjoyed by the conditioned soul is followed by many painful conditions. We have seen that in the two great wars, which were conducted by the rajo-guna and tamo-guna, both parties were actually ruined
- In the temple, Lord Visnu, His throne, His room and all other things associated with the temple are transcendental. The three modes, sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna, have no entrance into the temple
- In this material world, there are three qualities, sattva-guna, rajo-guna, tamo-guna. So none of these gunas are pure. There is a mixture. And because there is mixture, therefore we see so many varieties. But we have to come to the platform of sattva-guna
- Neither the three modes of material nature (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna), nor the predominating deities controlling these three modes, nor the five gross elements, nor the mind, nor the demigods nor the human beings can understand Your Lordship
- Nobody can achieve perfection on the platform of rajo-guna and tamo-guna, because one who is addicted with rajo-guna and tamo-guna, he is always very greedy and lusty
- O King, this time factor enhances the sattva-guna. Thus although the Supreme Lord is the controller, He favors the demigods, who are mostly situated in sattva-guna. Then the demons, who are influenced by tamo-guna, are annihilated
- O son of Marici, because you are a great personality you are equal toward all the demons and demigods, who are born either from your body or from your mind and who possess one or another of the three qualities - sattva-guna, rajo-guna or tamo-guna
- Once in the bodily conception, he gets different types of bodies one after the other under the influence of material energy and impelled by the modes of material nature (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna)
- One who commits sinful activities because of ignorance, tamo-guna, obtains a lower body. Karanam guna-sango 'sya sad-asad-yoni janmasu
- Sattva-guna is also a contamination. And what to speak of rajo-guna, tamo-guna?
- Sattva-guna, rajo-guna, tamo-guna. Rajo-guna and tamo-guna is covering. Tamo-guna is very densely covering, and rajo-guna little open, and sattva-guna means prakasa, there is illumination, brahminical qualifications
- Sleeping is very dangerous. It is to be understood that I am under the clutches of maya, the more we sleep, because the symptom of tamo-guna is laziness and sleep
- Somebody, by pious activities, by good work, he's already in the sattva-guna, but the arrangement, social, political, economical arrangement is so bad that one is dragged to the tamo-guna. This is not civilization. This is degradation
- Tamo-guna means laziness and sleep. The sudras, they are in laziness and sleep. So if they have got something to eat, they will not work. Laziness. Or eat more and sleep. This is tamo-guna
- That is spiritual platform. This is the way. So if you stick to the tamo-guna principle, then there is no hope of spiritual realization. There is only hope of becoming hogs and dogs and like that. Their life is finished
- The allurement of material civilization is so strong and so bad that those who are by pious activities born in brahmana family, they are being dragged to the tamo-guna behavior like sudras. They are learning how to drink, how to eat meat, etc
- The creation actually begins in the tamo-guna by agitated impelled by the Bhagavat, Bhagavan
- The laws of nature are not subservient to the whimsical desires of the conditioned soul. Our endeavor, therefore, should be to associate always with sattva-guna and not indulge in rajo-guna or tamo-guna (rajas-tamo-bhavah)
- The more one advances in sattva-guna, the more his brilliance is exhibited by devotional service, but the more one is covered by rajo-guna and tamo-guna, the less visible his brilliance, for he is covered by these qualities
- The people who take birth in this tract of land are divided according to the qualities of material nature - the modes of goodness (sattva-guna), passion (rajo-guna), and ignorance (tamo-guna)
- The process is Human civilization means not to drag somebody who is already in the sattva-guna or in the family of sattva-guna, to drag him down to the tamo-guna. The modern civilization is like that
- The supreme cause of all causes, Narayana, is situated in His own abode in the spiritual world, but nevertheless He controls the entire cosmic manifestation according to the three modes of material nature-sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is always transcendental to the material qualities (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna), but nonetheless He is their controller
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is present in everyone's heart, fostering the reactions of sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna
- Their intelligence being covered by sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna, they can see only the actions and reactions of these three modes of material nature
- Then, as the Supersoul, He enters each body and influences the qualities of creation, maintenance and annihilation, using sattva-guna for maintenance, rajo-guna for creation and tamo-guna for annihilation
- This material world is a transformation of the material qualities (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna), yet no one could possibly explain it perfectly, even in a lifetime as long as that of Brahma No one in the material world is perfect
- Those who are in the sattva-guna, for them everything is clear, and those who are in the tamo-guna, everything is ignorance, and those who are mixed up, neither rajo-guna, neither tamo-guna, via media, they are called rajo-guna. Three gunas. Tamasa
- When I realize that I am not this body, then immediately I transcend the three modes of material nature: sattva-guna, rajo-guna, tamo-guna. Under the bodily concept of life, I am influenced by one of the modes
- When the SP of Godhead creates different types of bodies, offering a particular body to each living entity according to his character and fruitive actions, the Lord revives all the qualities of material nature, sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna
- When they (living beings) are in sattva-guna, the mode of goodness, they feel happiness, when in rajo-guna they are distressed, and when in tamo-guna they have no sense of what to do or what is right and wrong