Category:Taking Shelter of Krsna's Lotus Feet
Pages in category "Taking Shelter of Krsna's Lotus Feet"
The following 119 pages are in this category, out of 119 total.
- A sannyasi must always be neutral and seek the means to advance in spiritual life, taking full shelter under the lotus feet of the Lord
- According to Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita, anyone, including so-called low born men, who may take shelter unto the Lotus Feet of Lord Krishna or His devotees, is sanctified by initiation proces
- Akrura continued, "The water of His (Krsna's) lotus feet purifies the three worlds, and now He has kindly come to my place. Who in the three worlds among factually learned men will not take shelter of Your lotus feet and surrender unto You"
- Akrura thought, "Krsna is the ultimate goal of life for all people who fear material existence, and certainly when I see Him He will give me the shelter of His lotus feet. I am aspiring for the touch of His lotuslike hand on my head"
- Akrura thought, "When I bow down before Lord Krsna in that way, certainly He will place His fearless lotus hand on my head. His hand is offered to all conditioned souls who take shelter under His lotus feet"
- All the cows and cowherd boys became so afflicted by the wind and cold that they all gathered together to take shelter under the lotus feet of Krsna. This is an instance of emotion caused by severe rainfall
- Another gopi said, "O best in the dynasty of Yadu, if anyone afraid of this materialistic way of life takes shelter at Your lotus feet, You never deny him protection"
- Another gopi said, "You (Krsna) are so kind that even the ordinary animals take shelter under Your lotus feet. Your lotus feet are also the residence of the goddess of fortune, yet You danced on the heads of the Kaliya serpent with them"
- Anyone who takes shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna enters the boat for crossing over the ocean of nescience. For him, this vast expanse of the material manifestation becomes as insignificant as the water in a calf's hoofprint
- As a creeper takes shelter of another, stronger tree, similarly the creeper of devotional service, nourished by the devotee, takes shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and thus becomes fixed
- As far as jnanis are concerned, generally they fall down without taking shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord. The impersonalists or the voidists can simply avoid the positive material association
- As soon as an intelligent devotee sees an unwanted creeper growing beside the original creeper, he must cut it down instantly. Then the real creeper, the bhakti-lata, grows nicely, returns home, back to Godhead, & seeks shelter under Krsna's lotus feet
- As soon as they felt the warmth of the fire, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) immediately took shelter of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, although He was playing just like their child
- Bali said, "My conclusion is that when I have taken shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet I shall never be disturbed in any condition of life"
- Bali said, "Some of us are actually pure devotees, and some of us have taken shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet because we desire to gain something from devotion"
- Bali said, "Your (Krsna's) position is always transcendental. For this reason, some of us, although born of the modes of passion and ignorance, have taken shelter of Your lotus feet and have become devotees"
- Both mother (Queen Suniti) and son (Dhruva Maharaja) decided to take shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord because that is the only solution to all material problems
- Brahma said, "On the other hand, persons who falsely think themselves to be liberated without taking shelter of Your lotus feet fall down because their intelligence is not pure"
- Brahma said, "To cross over the ocean of material nescience, an intelligent person takes shelter of Your lotus feet and is easily transferred to the spiritual world"
- By following in the footsteps of the inhabitants of the planet known as Vrajaloka or Goloka Vrndavana, one can attain the shelter of the lotus feet of Sri Krsna
- By his piety, Vidura achieved the advantages of the pious Kauravas. After leaving Hastinapura, he took shelter of many places of pilgrimages, which are the Lord's lotus feet
- By taking shelter at the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one can get released from all kinds of material tribulations, such kind of immunization is not possible by practicing yoga, tapasya, jnana
- By the process of karma, jnana and yoga, no one will succeed in driving away contamination from the heart, but once a person takes to the shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord by devotional service, automatically all dirty things in the heart are removed
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Sanatana Gosvami, "Give up all your nonsensical desires, for they are unfavorable for getting shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna"
- Chant the Hare Krsna mantra continuously and render service to the tulasi plant by watering her and offering prayers to her. In this way you will very soon get the opportunity to be sheltered at the lotus feet of Krsna
- Dear Lord, whose navel is just like a lotus flower, Your lotus feet are the only shelter for those who have fallen into the deep well of material existence. Your feet are worshiped & meditated upon by great mystic yogis and highly learned philosophers
- Devotee means one who has taken shelter of Krsna. He is devotee. He's fearless. And one who has not taken shelter of Krsna, how he can be fearless? Suppose there is epidemic disease. If you have got vaccination, then you can remain fearless
- Everyone in the material world is engaged in a struggle for existence. Everyone tries to save himself from danger, but when one is unable to save himself, if he is pious, he then takes shelter of the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord
- Everyone, regardless of race, caste, sex, or other material designation, can give up mental speculation, fruitive actions, and yoga practice and take complete shelter of Lord Krsna's lotus feet without deviation
- I have briefly described them just to give an indication of His transcendental pastimes. Nevertheless, anyone who hears this will certainly attain the shelter of Lord Krsna's lotus feet
- If a person, out of sentiment or for some other reason, takes to the shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and in due course of time does not succeed in coming to the ultimate goal of life or falls down due to lack of experience, there is no loss
- If we take shelter of the lotus feet of abhaya-caranaravinda re, Krsna, then this bhayam element, fearfulness element, will be completely nil
- In Bhagavad-gita it is said that any person, regardless of birth as sudra, woman, or merchant, can take shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and by so doing can return to Godhead
- In execution of my devotional service there may be so many dangers, but because I have taken shelter of Krsna's lotus feet, I am safe
- In the very near future, Krsna would vanquish all the members of his family, and in a helpless condition Dhrtarastra would take shelter of Krsna's lotus feet
- In this Age of Kali, the process of worshiping Krsna is to perform sacrifice by chanting the holy name of the Lord. One who does so is certainly very intelligent, and he attains shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna
- Indeed, today you have undoubtedly taken shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna, and Krsna, without reservation, has become very merciful toward you
- Indra said, "I therefore take shelter of Your lotus feet. My dear Lord Krsna), You are not only the supreme controller but also the spiritual master of all living entities"
- It is a characteristic of love of Godhead that by nature it induces transcendental symptoms in one's body and makes one more and more greedy to achieve the shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord
- It is said, therefore, that the voidists and the impersonalists are not very intelligent because they do not take shelter under the lotus feet of the Lord
- It is stated herein by the Kumaras that the lotus feet of Lord Krsna are the ultimate reservoir of all pleasure. One should therefore take shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord instead of trying unsuccessfully to stop desires for material enjoyment
- Jaya. First when I entered this room (at Bhaktivedanta Manor), I said, "All glories to George Harrison." Yes. You have given us this shelter, and Krsna will give you shelter at His lotus feet. We shall pray always like that
- Jnanis try to get out of entanglement by philosophical speculation, but they have no standing in the liberated position. Because they do not take shelter under the lotus feet of the Lord, they fall down from the exalted position of Brahman realization
- Just like Prahlada Maharaja always remembered Krishna and that saved Him from the most difficult situations. If we constantly remember to take shelter only at Krishna's Lotus Feet, then we shall always be saved from all sorts of dangers
- Kasyapa Muni advised his wife to seek shelter at the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Krsna, so that all her problems would be very easily solved. Thus Kasyapa Muni was an ideal spiritual master
- Kovida means intelligent, very intelligent person. So what should he try for? Tasyaiva hetoh: to get shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna. Human life should only endeavor how to get in touch of the lotus feet of Krsna. That should be the only one business
- Krsna continued, "When My devotee is bereft of all material riches and is deserted by his relatives, friends and family members, because he has no one to look after him he completely takes shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord"
- Maharaja Pariksit attained the highest perfection, shelter at Lord Krsna's lotus feet, simply by hearing about Lord Visnu. Sukadeva Gosvami attained perfection simply by reciting SB. Prahlada Maharaja attained perfection by remembering the Lord
- Material attachment and taking shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord go ill together
- Maya is very strong, mama maya duratyaya (BG 7.14). But we can easily cross beyond it if we take cent per cent shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna
- Measures like suicide are causes for sin. A devotee never achieves shelter at Krsna's lotus feet by such actions
- Mucukunda continued, "I take shelter of Your lotus feet, which are the source of all peaceful life and which can eradicate all lamentation caused by material contamination"
- Mucukunda continued, "Whether on the material plane or the spiritual plane, everyone must take shelter under Your lotus feet (Krsna's). I therefore submit unto You, my Lord"
- Mucukunda said, "Somehow or other I am, by Your (Krsna's) grace, now in a peaceful condition because I have taken shelter of Your lotus feet, which are always free from all lamentation, fear and death"
- My dear Lord, all the demigods, including myself (Siva) and Lord Brahma, as well as great saintly persons and sages who have cleansed their hearts of material attachment, have, by Your grace, wholeheartedly taken shelter of Your lotus feet
- My Lord, I do not know when I commenced my material life, but I can certainly experience that I have fallen in the deep ocean of nescience. Now I can also see that there is no other way to get out of it than to take shelter of Your lotus feet
- Narada Muni advises Vyasadeva thusly, "Even if one does not execute his specific occupational duty, but immediately takes direct shelter of the lotus feet of Hari (Krsna), there will be no fault on his part, & in all circumstances his position is secure"
- Nondevotees, who do not take shelter of the Lord's lotus feet, try to cross the ocean of nescience by other methods (karma, jnana and yoga), but they have a great deal of trouble
- One cannot achieve shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, simply by knowing His opulences
- One who has completely taken shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord in Krsna consciousness is in the transcendental stage; he is not disturbed by any miseries, either due to the body, the mind, or natural disturbances of summer and winter
- One who has given up everything and taken full shelter at the lotus feet of Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is very dear to Krsna
- One who has taken shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna), which are accepted as the most suitable boat for crossing the ocean of nescience, can achieve liberation as easily as one leaps over the holes made by the hoofs of a calf
- Out of fear, he (Vasudeva) began to take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is quite natural for a devotee in danger to think of Krsna, because he has no other shelter
- People do not know that our only business is to take shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna. That is the only business. We have no other business. Any other business means we are becoming entangled in this material world
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "We now have sufficient experience of the miserable material life in which we are fully absorbed & having tasted its bitterness, we have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet. Therefore please give us protection"
- Resident of Vrndavana once told Lord Krsna, "As such, we have given up our desire for liberation and have taken complete shelter under Your lotus feet"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear lotus-eyed Lord, I cannot understand Your statement that women and other persons who have taken shelter under Your lotus feet pass their days only in bereavement"
- Since Krsna is the cause of all causes, intelligent persons should take shelter of His lotus feet
- Since the Vedas enjoin one to search out Krsna and take shelter at His lotus feet, and since no Vedic process but devotional service will enable one to do this, one has to take to devotional service
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord, as long as one is forgetful of Krsna consciousness, driven by the spell of material desires and ignorant of the ultimate shelter at Your lotus feet"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu further advised Subuddhi Raya, "Begin chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, and when your chanting is almost pure, all your sinful reactions will go away. After you chant perfectly, you will get shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna"
- Sridhara Swami continued, "Somehow or other, my dear Lord, I have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet. Please accept me and give me protection"
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura, also, prays like this, "My dear Lord, O son of Nanda Maharaja, associated with the daughter of Vrsabhanu, I have come to take shelter under Your lotus feet after suffering greatly in the material condition of life"
- Sripada Sankaracarya, who preached Mayavada philosophy and stressed the impersonal feature of the Absolute, also at last recommended that one must take shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Krsna, for there is no hope of gain from debating
- Such persons (who has taken shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord) are meant to reside in the abode of the Lord (Krsna), and they have nothing to do with a place where there is danger in every step
- That one has been found to be very weak in one place does not mean that he should stop fighting the crocodile of maya. One should take shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna, as we shall see Gajendra do, and at the same time one can be a grhastha
- The cows especially, being much aggrieved from the heavy rain, bowed down their heads, and taking their calves underneath their bodies, they approached the Supreme Personality of Godhead to take shelter of His lotus feet
- The creeper (of bhakti) is so strong that it penetrates the covering of the universe and reaches the spiritual world and continues to grow on and on until it reaches and takes shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna
- The creeper of devotional service nourished by the devotee takes shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and thus becomes fixed
- The creeper takes shelter at the lotus feet of the Lord, and that is its final destination. At that time the creeper begins to grow the fruits of ecstatic love of God. It is the duty of the devotee who nourishes the creeper to be very careful
- The devotee said, "My dear Lord, O head of the Yadu dynasty, now I have come to my senses, and I am taking shelter of Your (Krsna) lotus feet"
- The elderly brahmana prayed, "My dear Lord Gopala, I have taken shelter of Your lotus feet, and therefore I request You to please protect my religious principles from disturbance and at the same time save my kinsmen from dying"
- The gopis of Vrndavana have given up the association of their husbands, sons and other family members, who are very difficult to give up, and they have forsaken the path of chastity to take shelter of the lotus feet of Mukunda, Krsna
- The gopis prayed, "The conditioned soul fallen in the dark well of this material existence can very easily take shelter of Your lotus feet. Thus his deliverance is guaranteed"
- The gopis said, "Similarly, how can You (Krsna) reject us when we have no shelter other than Your lotus feet?"
- The gopis said, "We have come to You (Krsna), leaving everything behind, just to take shelter of Your lotus feet. We know that You are completely independent and can do whatever You like, but we request You, don’t reject us"
- The gopis said, "Your (Krsna's) lotus feet are the proper shelter of Your servitors, and the goddess of fortune, instead of abiding on Your chest, comes down and worships Your lotus feet"
- The humble devotee simply prays to the Lord, "Kindly pick me up from the material world, which is full of varieties of material opulence, and keep me under the shelter of Your lotus feet"
- The Lord says if one takes shelter of My lotus feet, he is at once out of the clutches of maya. Immediately, no delay, within a second
- The Lord, being full and free from problems, can wholeheartedly care for His devotees. His concern is how to elevate and protect all those who have taken shelter at His feet
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, we are not among these surrendered souls; we are still within the duality and illusion of this material existence. We therefore take shelter of Your lotus feet, for we are afraid of the cycle of birth and death"
- The messenger said, "We have come to take shelter of Your lotus feet, which can immediately eradicate all the results of fruitive action and thus free us from the contamination of material pains and pleasures"
- The proper way of reclaiming all the fallen souls: by Krsna consciousness movement. Krsna says, mam hi partha vyapasritya. One has to be educated to take shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna. Mam hi partha vyapasritya
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is always mindful of the devotees who fully engage in cultivating knowledge of Him, having taken shelter at His lotus feet
- The wives of the brahmanas said, "We have surrendered unto Your lotus feet, which are covered by tulasi leaves, so we have no desire to give up the shelter of Your lotus feet and return to the company of our so-called relatives, friends and society"
- The words klesadas tesam anasanna-padam tava indicate that the Lord has two concerns. The first is to give protection to persons who take shelter of His lotus feet, and the second is to give trouble to those who are always demoniac
- There are many instances in the various Vedic writings of persons who were aspiring after liberation by speculative knowledge but gave up this process in order to take complete shelter under the lotus feet of Krsna
- There cannot be any peace in material life. That is not possible. We have to take therefore shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord. If we want to be happy, if we want to be peaceful, then this is the only way
- They (the cows and boys) said, "My dear Krsna! My dear Krsna! You and Balarama are very powerful. We are now burning from the heat of this blazing fire. Let us take shelter of Your lotus feet. We know You can protect us from this great danger"
- Those great sages who have completely taken shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord can at once sanctify those who come in touch with them, whereas the waters of the Ganges can sanctify only after prolonged use
- Thus they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) prayed to Krsna, saying that they could not take any shelter other than His lotus feet. Lord Krsna, being compassionate upon His own townspeople, immediately swallowed up the whole forest fire and saved them
- To take shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna means to act according to the rules and regulations of bhagavata-dharma, devotional service
- To take shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord means to take shelter of the pure devotees
- Today your mind has become fit to take shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna because, surpassing the Vedic regulative principles, you have eaten the remnants of food offered to the Lord
- When a person takes shelter of the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead without reservation, the unlimited, merciful Lord bestows His causeless mercy upon him. Thus he can pass over the insurmountable ocean of nescience
- When the conditioned souls are liberated and sheltered at Your lotus feet after roving throughout the material world for many millions of years, they attain the highest success of life
- Whenever one is perplexed, let him take shelter of the lotus feet of Vasudeva, Krsna, who will give the devotee intelligence to help him surpass all difficulties and return home, back to Godhead
- You (Krsna) are the last word in freedom from material contamination. I (Siva-jvara) therefore take shelter at Your lotus feet, giving up all other shelter
- Yudhisthira said, "I wish to show the world that one can attain the highest perfection of life simply by taking shelter at Your lotus feet, exactly as one can satisfy the branches, twigs, leaves and flowers of an entire tree simply by watering the root"