Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
submissive | submissively | submissiveness
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Submissive"
The following 121 pages are in this category, out of 121 total.
- A bona fide spiritual master is by nature very kind toward the disciple. Therefore when the student is submissive and is always ready to render service, the reciprocation of knowledge and inquiries becomes perfect
- A person is called dhira-lalita if he is naturally very funny, always in full youthfulness, expert in joking, and free from all anxieties. Such a dhira-lalita personality is generally found to be domesticated and very submissive to his lover
- A submissive devotee becomes automatically enlightened in all the intricacies of knowledge because the Lord, from within, dissipates his ignorance with the self-illumined lamp of wisdom
- A wife is always supposed to be submissive to her husband. Submission, mild behavior and subservience are qualities in a wife which make a husband very thoughtful of her
- After Brahman realization, when a liberated soul comes in contact with a pure devotee of Lord Krsna and submissively accepts the teachings of Lord Krsna without misinterpretation, he becomes situated in this neutral stage of devotional service
- After creating this situation by His yogamaya, Krsna, appearing with His elder brother, Balarama, as the most illustrious son in the dynasty of the Satvatas, very submissively and respectfully addressed Vasudeva and Devaki
- After reaching Patada, he met a landholder and submissively requested him to get him across that hilly tract of land
- All power is obtained from the Lord; therefore each particular power must be utilized to execute the will of the Lord and not otherwise. The Lord can be known by one who has adopted such a submissive service attitude
- All the transcendental pastimes of Krsna described in Srimad-Bhagavatam are relished by pure devotees through submissive aural reception. They do not reject even a drop
- Although he (Romaharsana) has the good qualification of being a disciple of Lord Vyasadeva, and although he has studied all the Vedic literature from this exalted personality, he was not submissive in the presence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Always remain submissive in spirit to Krishna and Spiritual Master, and by their grace you will get all strength to speak and satisfy your audience
- As soon as one attentively and submissively hears the message of Bhagavatam, by this culture of knowledge the Supreme Lord is established within his heart
- Ascending process is not recommended in the Vedic process of knowledge. Vedic way of receiving knowledge - by aural reception, by submissive aural reception from the spiritual master to the student. This is the way
- At that time Govinda appeared on the scene, offered his respectful obeisances and spoke submissively
- Before departing from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Ramananda Raya fell to the ground and caught hold of the Lord's lotus feet. He then spoke submissively as follows
- Brahma said, "The best process for understanding You is to submissively give up the speculative process and try to hear about You, either from Yourself as You have given statements in the BG and many similar Vedic scriptures, or from a realized devotee"
- By His personal example, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu explains how one should be submissive and humble before a Vaisnava, even though one may be situated on a high platform
- By my mental speculation, by rascal interpretation, by showing one's scholarship, you cannot understand Bhagavad-gita. That is not possible. Submissive
- By submissively hearing this transcendental literature, one can attain the full pleasure of his heart's desire. But one must be very careful to hear the message from the right source
- Even a criminal in the prison house, if he becomes submissive that "Henceforward I shall be law-abiding. I then shall obey the government laws very obediently," then sometimes he is released prematurely on account of giving a declaration
- Even atheistic political leaders go to a church, mosque or temple for protection by God or gods and submissively say, "God willing." Before that, they pay no attention to God, not caring to know God or His will
- God is always ready to be revealed to you. But how does He reveal? He reveals as soon as you become submissive, you become devotee, you become Krsna conscious, you just follow the path traversed by the great mahajanas, great acaryas
- God is known to be unconquerable, but one who submissively hears the words of a self-realized soul conquers the unconquerable
- Great personalities of power and opulence never become proud, and the example is given that a tree which is full of fruits and flowers does not stand erect in pride but instead bends downwards to show submissiveness
- If one meekly and submissively hears about the activities of the Lord from a realized soul, he will be able to conquer the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is unconquerable by any other process
- If there is little doubt, he can submissively make question. Just like Arjuna made question to Krsna
- If these men will give a little bit of aural reception, then they can get their misgivings, misunderstandings, cleared away by speaking with you. But they will have to be ready to hear submissively, and they have to be intelligent
- If we accept the bona fide spiritual master (as) representative of God and please him by submissive service, then by his mercy and pleasure we can understand God, the spiritual world, by revelation
- If we are submissive, if we are engaged in His service, then, by His divine grace, He reveals Himself. Everything understanding of Lord, that is revelation. By our experimental knowledge, we cannot understand what is God
- If you find a nondevotee eager to listen submissively you can show your mercy to elevate him to Krishna Conciousness, but a nondevotee who is already poisoned by the serpent of the demon class swami or yogi is very difficult to be dealt with
- If you simply hear sincerely and submissively, then you will understand Krsna. Krsna will reveal to you
- In one of Lord Caitanya's Siksastaka verses it is stated, "The devotee should be more tolerant than the tree and more submissive than the grass. He should offer all honor to others, but may not accept any honor for himself"
- In the modern day, the wife is never submissive, and therefore home life is broken even by slight incidents. Either the wife or the husband may take advantage of the divorce laws
- It does not matter to what category of this world the audience belongs. If one meekly and submissively hears about the activities of the Lord from a realized soul, he will be able to conquer the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- It is called Kali-yuga, means disagreement. "Why shall I accept your proposition? I am also independent, I can think independently." This is the general propensity. But to understand the transcendental subject matter, one has to become submissive
- It is imperative, that one sincerely seek the association of pure devotees and hear them patiently and submissively from any position of life
- It is the beautiful and exalted nature of devotional service that the infinite Lord becomes submissive to the infinitesimal living entity because of it
- Jagadananda Pandita was always in disagreement with the Lord like Satyabhama, whereas Gadadhara Pandita was always awed by the Lord's opulence and was therefore submissive to the Lord under all circumstances
- Jnane prayasam udapasya namanta eva: "Just become submissive. Just try to understand your position that you are very insignificant segment in this material world or in the creation"
- Just be submissive. Don't be puffed up artificially. You are being slapped always by the laws of material nature. Don't think that you are independent
- Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized souls can impart knowledge unto you because they have seen the truth
- Namanta eva: "Just become submissive." Jnane prayasam: "Giving up this endeavor to understand the Supreme by one's limited knowledge and just become submissive"
- No, no. Your difficulty is you are not submissive. Therefore you do not understand
- Not only should one hear submissively from the spiritual master, but one must also get a clear understanding from him, in submission and service and inquiries
- One must be a submissive student of the six Gosvamis, from Srila Rupa Gosvami to Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. Not following their instructions but imagining how to worship Gaurasundara and Radha-Krsna is a great offense
- One must be very meek and submissive and try to live peacefully by lending the ear to the speeches of the transcendentally self-realized soul who speaks on the message of Bhagavata-dharma
- One must learn the transcendental subject by submissive aural reception from the right sources. Therefore these sages addressed the speaker Suta Gosvami with great respect
- One should be submissive and humble before a Vaisnava, even though one may be situated on a high platform. Such is the teaching of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as the acarya of the world, the supreme spiritual master and teacher
- One should submissively receive the transcendental messages from spiritually advanced sources and chant the very same messages for one's own benefit as well as the benefit of one's audience
- Only one who has properly grasped the transcendental knowledge from the right source by submissive hearing can properly explain the subject
- Parama Koruna, 1975 part 3 - jnane prayasam udapasya namanta eva. Just become submissive. And where to submit? You must submit to a perfect person. Otherwise why should you submit?
- Perfect knowledge is called parampara, or deductive knowledge coming down from the authority to the submissive aural receiver who is bona fide by service and surrender. One cannot challenge the authority of the Supreme
- Sanatana Gosvami was actually following the disciplic principles. He wanted to please Lord Caitanya submissively. To please the spiritual master means to approach him submissively, not in a challenging mood
- Sankara advised that do not try to exact favorable conclusions by beating the Sastras, but be submissive to Lord Govinda and worship Him
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then caught hold of the Lord's lotus feet and submissively begged, "Please accept lunch for at least ten days"
- She is situated at the topmost level of ecstatic love. (20) She is the reservoir of loving affairs in Gokula. (21) She is the most famous of submissive devotees. (22) She is very affectionate to elderly people
- She is very submissive to the love of Her friends. (24) She is the chief gopi. (25) She always keeps Krsna under Her control. In short, She possesses unlimited transcendental qualities, just as Lord Krsna does
- Simply hearing submissively will free one's heart from all the faults of ignorance, and thus one will achieve deep love for Krsna. This is the path of peace
- So in the devotional service the first step is hearing, hearing submissively from the authoritative source and just to assimilate it and grasp it with our body, mind and intelligence
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, in propagating the bhagavata-dharma, or activities of the devotees, has recommended that people submissively hear the message of the Personality of Godhead. The essence of this message is Bhagavad-gita
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is not only a superior literature but is the ripened fruit of all Vedic literatures. In other words, it is the cream of all Vedic knowledge. Considering all this, patient and submissive hearing is definitely essential
- Submissive disciple
- Submissively offering prayers to the devotees with folded hands and offering obeisances to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the King went outside
- That is the position of Krsna consciousness. They are not heartless. They are very submissive.
- The best path is to become a cool-headed, submissive devotee of the Lord, try to hear about the Lord from the bona fide spiritual master, and thus serve the Lord in transcendental loving service
- The complete path of bhakti-yoga is based upon the process of becoming humble and submissive
- The devotees who come to visit and offer respects to the Deity very submissively take three drops of caranamrtam and feel themselves happy in transcendental bliss
- The disciple can receive such teachings not exactly intellectually, but by submissive inquiries and a service attitude. The idea is that both the spiritual master and the disciple must be bona fide
- The enquirer should be very submissive, and the answer-giver also should always remember the lotus feet, so the right answer can be given. This is the way of spiritual enquiry and spiritual answer. This is called sva-gosthi
- The florist very humbly and submissively offered his prayers to the Lord, saying, “My dear Lord, because You have come to my place, I think all my forefathers and all my worshipable superiors are pleased and delivered
- The highest perfectional ingenuity is the personal perception of My (Lord Krsna) abodes, and this has been possible because of your (Brahma) submissive attitude in the performance of severe penance according to My order
- The inquisitive student must approach a qualified spiritual master to receive transcendental knowledge by surrender, submissive inquiries and service. Knowledge received by submissive inquiries and service is more effective than in exchange for money
- The King therefore called for Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Ramananda Raya, and he spoke the following submissive words to them
- The lights that emanate from such transcendental sources generally enter into us by our aural reception. So only if we are ready to offer a submissive aural reception to the message of Godhead can we know Godhead as He is
- The lowest amongst human beings can be delivered by this submissive hearing process only, but unfortunately they even refuse to give an aural reception to these messages
- The Mayavadi sannyasis were very humble and submissive after hearing His explanation of the Vedanta-sutra, and they begged to be pardoned for the offenses they had committed by criticizing the Lord for simply chanting and dancing
- The meeting of Sanatana Gosvami and Lord Caitanya teaches us that to understand spiritual subject matters one must approach a spiritual master like Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and make submissive inquiries
- The one who is questioning, he should be submissive, not in a challenging mood; and one who is answering, he should remember the lotus feet of the Lord so that right answer can come from Him
- The other day one professor came to see me from Khabudvipa(?). He was very submissive, but still, he would argue like this, that "Whatever Krsna is making me to do, I am doing." So I told him, "Krsna is asking you to surrender. Why don't you surrender?"
- The personified Vedas praying, "This chanting and hearing of Your transcendental pastimes is the easiest process for self-realization. Simply by submissive aural reception of the transcendental message, one's heart is cleansed of all dirty things"
- The process is that we cannot understand God or we cannot see God unless He reveals. So this revelation will come if we submissively hear. We may not understand, but simply by hearing, we can achieve that stage of life
- The proper method for receiving this transcendental message is to hear it submissively. A challenging attitude cannot help one realize this transcendental message
- The secret is that one must submissively listen to those who know perfectly the science of God, and one must begin the mode of service regulated by the preceptor
- The sixty-four items are as follows: (1) There must be a big bell hanging in front of the temple room so that whoever comes into the room can ring the bell. This item is called prabodhana, or offering oneself submissively to the Lord
- The spiritual master is not inclined to disclose all the secrets of transcendental science unless the disciple is very submissive and devoted
- The student submissively prays to the spiritual master, "Train me in such a way that I will be able to give up all other processes of self-realization and simply engage in Krsna consciousness, devotional service"
- The Supreme Lord, who is greater than the greatest, becomes submissive to even a very insignificant devotee because of his devotional service
- This method of submissively receiving transcendental confidential knowledge is not merely based on mental speculation
- Those willing to hear the message of this scripture in a submissive attitude of service can at once capture the Supreme Lord in their hearts. Therefore there is no need for any scripture other than Srimad-Bhagavatam
- To follow in the footsteps of the Mahatmas means to give submissive aural reception to the words and instructions of the bona fide Spiritual Master
- Unless one reads the Bhagavad-gita in a submissive spirit, it is very difficult to understand Bhagavad-gita, because it is a great mystery
- Unless one receives this Bhagavad-gita in a submissive spirit and aural reception, it is very difficult to understand Bhagavad-gita because it is a great mystery
- Unless you become submissive, you cannot be a surrendered soul
- Upon displaying this submissive attitude, the Yamuna was forgiven & when she came nearby, Lord Balarama enjoyed the pleasure of swimming in her waters along with the gopis in the same way that an elephant enjoys himself along with his many she-elephants
- We can march along the path of progressive knowledge only by the help of such preceptors, from whom we gather experience by submissive hearing
- We cannot learn this transcendental subject matter by challenge. If we are submissive, if we are engaged in His service, then, by His divine grace, He reveals Himself
- We have to wait for that revelation. Not by force. Force will not act. Krsna is not our order-supplier, servant: "Krsna, please come here. I'll see You." No, no. That will not do. You must be submissive, first of all surrender
- We should at least theoretically accept Sri Krsna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and with that submissive spirit we can understand the Bhagavad-gita
- When a bona fide student approaches a bona fide spiritual master, he submissively prays to the spiritual master, "My dear lord, kindly accept me as your student"
- When one is sufficiently trained and acts in submissive faith and love for Krsna under the direction of the bona fide spiritual master, the dovetailing process becomes more firm and accurate
- When the reception is submissive and real
- You are a rascal, you are against Krsna, why Krsna will give you facility? If you are against Krsna and you want the credit without Krsna, that's not possible. You must be submissive first of all. Then Krsna will give you all facilities
- You are the proprietor of the three creations and the maintainer of the entire universe. Therefore Your potency is not reduced by Your submissive behavior. Rather, by submission You exhibit Your transcendental pastimes
- You cannot practice sacrifice. You cannot practice speculation. You cannot practice yoga, nothing. You can simply practice this: submissively hear from authoritative sources, try to assimilate it, and become perfect
- You must approach to a person who knows by surrender, not by challenge. You cannot know about soul and God by this challenging spirit. You have to become a submissive, submissive. You have to accept a spiritual master who knows