speech | speeches
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Dialogue (1 C, 5 P)
- ► Harsh Speech (1 C, 24 P)
- ► Krsna's Speech (1 C, 7 P)
- ► Language (35 C, 163 P)
- ► Orator (5 P)
- ► Radharani's Speech (5 P)
Pages in category "Speech"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total.
- A speech should be composed of selected words, very sweet to hear and appropriate to the situation. Such speech is called meaningful
- After this speech, all the members present in that great sacrificial assembly applauded, confirming his (Sahadeva's) words continuously by saying, "Everything you have said is completely perfect. Everything you have said is completely perfect"
- Although at the same time he remembered the malicious, heart-piercing speeches delivered by Daksa before the guardians of the universal affairs
- Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience
- Another symptom is that such persons are very careful to step forward when giving speeches. When they speak, they join together the forefinger and thumb
- As far as Krsna's transcendental qualities are concerned, they can be divided into three groups: qualities pertaining to His transcendental body, qualities pertaining to His transcendental speech, and qualities pertaining to His transcendental mind
- As I have previously indicated, I am describing the mad speeches and bodily transformations of the Lord only in brief
- Austerity of speech consists in speaking truthfully and beneficially and in avoiding speech that offends. One should also recite the Vedas regularly. BG 17.15 - 1972
- Because of my drinking the nectar of the message of the infallible Personality of Godhead, which is flowing down from the ocean of your (Sukadeva Gosvami's) speeches, I (Maharaja Pariksit) do not feel any sort of exhaustion due to my fasting
- Before taking his meal, the husband must first seat the acarya comfortably, and, along with his relatives and friends, should control his speech and offer prasada to the guru
- Bhrgu Muni's first offense, committed toward Lord Brahma, was an offense with the mind. His second offense, committed toward Lord Siva by insulting him, criticizing him for unclean habits, was an offense by speech
- Brahma continued: Even though the sages had been bitten by the serpent of anger, their souls were not satiated with hearing the Lord's lovely and illuminating speech, which was like a series of Vedic hymns
- Brahma said, "As far as I am concerned, I admit frankly that for me it is not possible to realize You by my body, mind or speech. What can I say about You, or how can I realize You by my senses?"
- Dhruva Maharaja said: My dear Lord, You are all-powerful. After entering within me, You have enlivened all my sleeping senses - my hands, legs, ears, touch sensation, life force and especially my power of speech
- Dhruva was very dear to the SPG. When he heard the sweet speeches of the Lord's chief associates in the Vaikuntha planet, he immediately took his sacred bath, dressed himself with suitable ornaments, and performed his daily spiritual duties
- Drops of tears fell from their (all the Yadus and the residents) eyes, the hair on their bodies stood on end, and because of their extreme ecstasy, they were temporarily speechless
- First of all a mouth appeared in Him, and then came forth the organ of speech, and with it the god of fire, the deity who presides over that organ. Then a pair of nostrils appeared, & in them appeared the olfactory sense, as well as prana, the vital air
- First one must control his speaking power. Every one of us has the power of speech; as soon as we get an opportunity we begin to speak. If we do not speak about Krsna consciousness, we speak about all sorts of nonsense
- If you are preparing some book (SWAMIJI) like that, make it so nicely that it may be accepted by general public. And for this purpose, it is better to add with the pictures my speeches, which are of public interest
- In my absence he can deliver speech and in that way he can get experience
- In spite of my inability, whatever I have been able to hear (from the spiritual master) and whatever I could assimilate I am now describing in glorification of the Lord by pure speech, for otherwise my power of speaking would remain unchaste
- In the record the play is going on, but one who does not know who has recorded this speech, he cannot find out. But one who knows voice, he can understand, "It is coming from Prabhupada, or the Swamiji"
- In Vrndavana, the natural speech of the people sounds like music, and their natural motion resembles a dance
- It is understood from the speech of Maha-Visnu that He was very eager to see Krsna. It may be said, however, that since Maha-Visnu took away the brahmana's sons, He must certainly have gone to Dvaraka to do so. Therefore, why did He not see Krsna there?
- Maharaja Prthu's speech was very beautiful, full of metaphorical language, clearly understandable and very pleasing to hear. His words were all grave and certain
- Maharaja Prthu's speech was very beautiful, full of metaphorical language, clearly understandable and very pleasing to hear. His words were all grave and certain. It appears that when he spoke, he expressed his personal realization of the Absolute Truth
- O master of speech, by your effulgence, full of religious principles, the darkness of the world is dissipated, and the knowledge of learned persons or great souls is manifested
- Ocean of your speeches
- One must be very meek and submissive and try to live peacefully by lending the ear to the speeches of the transcendentally self-realized soul who speaks on the message of Bhagavata-dharma
- One night while kirtana was going on inside Srivasa's house, a brahmana named Gopala Capala, the chief of the nonbelievers, who was talkative and very rough in his speech, placed all the paraphernalia for worshiping the goddess Durga outside his door
- Our five senses of action, namely (1) hands, (2) legs, (3) speech, (4) evacuation organs and (5) reproductive organs are supplied to us by various arrangements of gross or subtle forms of natural energy
- Separated energy you'll understand: just like I am speaking, and my speech is being recorded in the tape recorder. So even I am not here, if you apply the machine, it will exactly speak like me. That is my energy, but now it is separated
- Sound, touch, form, taste and smell are the objects of the five knowledge-acquiring senses. Speech, touch, movement, evacuation and sexual intercourse are the objects of the working senses
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King, after hearing this speech by her husband, the demigoddess (Uma, the wife of Lord Siva) gave up her astonishment at the behavior of King Citraketu and became steady in intelligence
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "King Ambarisa first of all concentrated his mind on the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and then engaged his speech in describing the pastimes and activities of the Lord"
- Suta Gosvami said, "Maharaja Pariksit, the son of Uttara, after hearing the speeches of Sukadeva Gosvami, which were all about the truth of the self, applied his concentration faithfully upon Lord Krsna"
- Suta Gosvami said: Thus Bhismadeva merged himself in the Supersoul, Lord Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, with his mind, speech, sight and actions, and thus he became silent, and his breathing stopped
- The Christian priests were conscious: "But how is this? From India he (Vivekananda) has come and he's talking like nonsense?" They questioned in Chicago speech
- The city called Apana represents engagement of the tongue in speech, and Bahudana is the variety of foodstuffs. The right ear is called the gate of Pitrhu, and the left ear is called the gate of Devahu
- The companion spoken of as Avadhuta is the sense of smell. The door called Mukhya is the mouth, and Vipana is the faculty of speech. Rasajna is the sense of taste
- The conclusion is that one who can control these six items - speech, mind, anger, tongue, belly and genitals - is to be called a svami or gosvami. Svami means master, and gosvami means master of the go, or senses
- The devotees of the Lord, while delivering speeches and describing the transcendental attributes of the Lord, do not think that they can do anything independently
- The director of the fire element is the controlling deity, or the adhidaiva. The speeches delivered are adhyatma, or bodily functions, and the subject matter of the speeches is material productions, or the adhibhuta principle
- The great Maitreya continued: While King Prthu thus spoke, the humility of his nectarean speeches pleased the reciters very much. Then again they continued to praise the King highly with exalted prayers, as they had been instructed by the great sages
- The great sage Maitreya continued: Thus Sanat-kumara, the best of the celibates, after hearing the speech of Prthu, which was meaningful, appropriate, full of precise words & very sweet to hear, smiled with full satisfaction and began to speak as follows
- The ingredients of matter are counted as twenty-three: the total material energy, false ego, sound, touch, form, taste, smell, earth, water, fire, air, sky, eye, ear, nose, tongue, skin, hand, leg, evacuating organ, genitals, speech and mind
- The Lord has suggested that by the influence of the speeches of saintly persons who have actually realized the Supreme, men are engaged in His transcendental loving service
- The Lord's excellent speech was difficult to comprehend because of its momentous import & its most profound significance. The sages heard it with wide-open ears & pondered it as well. But although hearing, they could not understand what He intended to do
- The meaning of controlled speech conveyed by Srila Rupa Gosvami advocates the positive process of krsna-katha, engaging the speaking process in glorifying the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna
- The object of speech, along with the sense of speech (the tongue), should be bestowed upon fire. Craftsmanship and the two hands should be given to the demigod Indra
- The primordial matter, or prakrti, material nature, consisting of three modes, generates four groups of five. The fourth group is the five working senses: speech, hands, feet, anus and genitals
- The seven opulences listed - fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience - are considered feminine
- The wives of the demigods said: All glories to Queen Arci! We can see that this queen of the great King Prthu, the emperor of all the kings of the world, has served her husband with mind, speech and body exactly as the goddess of fortune serves the SPG
- There are activities of the body, activities of the different senses and activities of speech. A Krsna conscious person engages his words in preaching the glories of the Lord. This is called kirtana
- There is a limitless stock of Vedic literature, and one should study this. This is called penance of speech
- Thereafter the brahmana took his bath in the water and controlled his speech by practicing trance, meditating on the eternal effulgence and chanting the holy Gayatri hymns within his mouth
- They (the four Kumaras) could not even comprehend the purport of the speech or what the Supreme Lord wanted to do. Nor could they understand whether the Lord was angry or pleased with them
- They engage the power of speech in the glorification of My qualities and form. They also dedicate their minds unto Me and try to give up all kinds of material desires. Thus My devotees are characterized
- This danda, there are four sticks. One stick is representing the jiva soul, another stick is representing body, another stick is mind, and another stick, speech
- Tridanda-sannyasa means one who has devoted his life, means his activities, his body and his speeches. That is tridanda-sannyasa. Anyone who has devoted his mind, his body and his speeches for the service of the Lord, he is sannyasi
- We are experiencing, if we speak something impersonal, they think it is very learned speech, and when we speak of something personal they think it is old, old style. This is nonsense
- We have got so many branches, they want to hear me, my singing, my speech, therefore they record it and send it to different branches
- Whatever right or wrong action a man performs by body, mind or speech is caused by these five factors. BG 18.15 - 1972
- Whatever you have spoken to me appears perfectly right. Your speeches are gradually destroying the darkness of my ignorance, for you are narrating the topics of the Lord
- When a pure Vaisnava speaks, he speaks perfectly. How is this? His speech is managed by Krsna Himself from within the heart
- When Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace his brother, saying that Lord Siva was impure, the latter became very angry with him. It is said that an offense can be committed either with the body, with the mind or by speech
- When life becomes almost inactive, it is called stunned. The emotions resulting from this condition are joy, fear, astonishment, moroseness and anger. In this condition, the power of speech is lost and there is no movement in the hands and legs
- Without devotional service, what is the meaning of severe austerities, the process of hearing, the power of speech, the power of mental speculation, elevated intelligence, strength, and the power of the senses?