Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
speech | speeches
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Speech"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A speech should be composed of selected words, very sweet to hear and appropriate to the situation. Such speech is called meaningful
- After this speech, all the members present in that great sacrificial assembly applauded, confirming his (Sahadeva's) words continuously by saying, "Everything you have said is completely perfect. Everything you have said is completely perfect"
- Among women I am fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience
- Another symptom is that such persons are very careful to step forward when giving speeches. When they speak, they join together the forefinger and thumb
- As far as Krsna's transcendental qualities are concerned, they can be divided into three groups: qualities pertaining to His transcendental body, qualities pertaining to His transcendental speech, and qualities pertaining to His transcendental mind
- As I have previously indicated, I am describing the mad speeches and bodily transformations of the Lord only in brief
- Because of my drinking the nectar of the message of the infallible Personality of Godhead, which is flowing down from the ocean of your (Sukadeva Gosvami's) speeches, I (Maharaja Pariksit) do not feel any sort of exhaustion due to my fasting
- Bhrgu Muni's first offense, committed toward Lord Brahma, was an offense with the mind. His second offense, committed toward Lord Siva by insulting him, criticizing him for unclean habits, was an offense by speech
- Brahma continued: Even though the sages (the four Kumaras) had been bitten by the serpent of anger, their souls were not satiated with hearing the Lord's (Visnu) lovely and illuminating speech, which was like a series of Vedic hymns
- Brahma said, "As far as I am concerned, I admit frankly that for me it is not possible to realize You by my body, mind or speech. What can I say about You, or how can I realize You by my senses?"
- If our mind, senses, speech, money and energies are thus engaged in the service of Krsna, then we are no longer in material nature. By virtue of spiritual consciousness, or Krsna consciousness, we transcend the platform of material nature
- If you are preparing some book (SWAMIJI) like that, make it so nicely that it may be accepted by general public. And for this purpose, it is better to add with the pictures my speeches, which are of public interest
- In my absence he can deliver speech and in that way he can get experience
- In the record the play is going on, but one who does not know who has recorded this speech, he cannot find out. But one who knows voice, he can understand, "It is coming from Prabhupada, or the Swamiji"
- In Vrndavana, the natural speech of the people sounds like music, and their natural motion resembles a dance
- It is understood from the speech of Maha-Visnu that He was very eager to see Krsna. It may be said, however, that since Maha-Visnu took away the brahmana's sons, He must certainly have gone to Dvaraka to do so. Therefore, why did He not see Krsna there?
- It should be understood that no one can surpass the Supreme Personality of Godhead in speaking. There is no difference between the Supreme Person and His speeches, for He stands on the absolute platform
- Ocean of your speeches
- One must be very meek and submissive and try to live peacefully by lending the ear to the speeches of the transcendentally self-realized soul who speaks on the message of Bhagavata-dharma
- One night while kirtana was going on inside Srivasa's house, a brahmana named Gopala Capala, the chief of the nonbelievers, who was talkative and very rough in his speech, placed all the paraphernalia for worshiping the goddess Durga outside his door
- Separated energy you'll understand: just like I am speaking, and my speech is being recorded in the tape recorder. So even I am not here, if you apply the machine, it will exactly speak like me. That is my energy, but now it is separated
- Since there is no question of sense gratification, there is no material leisure for a person in Krsna consciousness. because he is regulated in all his work, speech, sleep, wakefulness and all other bodily activities, there is no material misery for him
- Sound, touch, form, taste and smell are the objects of the five knowledge-acquiring senses. Speech, touch, movement, evacuation and sexual intercourse are the objects of the working senses
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "King Ambarisa first of all concentrated his mind on the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and then engaged his speech in describing the pastimes and activities of the Lord"
- The Christian priests were conscious: "But how is this? From India he (Vivekananda) has come and he's talking like nonsense?" They questioned in Chicago speech
- The companion spoken of as Avadhuta is the sense of smell. The door called Mukhya is the mouth, and Vipana is the faculty of speech. Rasajna is the sense of taste
- The conclusion is that one who can control these six items - speech, mind, anger, tongue, belly and genitals - is to be called a svami or gosvami. Svami means master, and gosvami means master of the go, or senses
- The devotees of the Lord, while delivering speeches and describing the transcendental attributes of the Lord, do not think that they can do anything independently
- The director of the fire element is the controlling deity, or the adhidaiva. The speeches delivered are adhyatma, or bodily functions, and the subject matter of the speeches is material productions, or the adhibhuta principle
- The ingredients of matter are counted as twenty-three: the total material energy, false ego, sound, touch, form, taste, smell, earth, water, fire, air, sky, eye, ear, nose, tongue, skin, hand, leg, evacuating organ, genitals, speech and mind
- The Lord has suggested that by the influence of the speeches of saintly persons who have actually realized the Supreme, men are engaged in His transcendental loving service
- The Lord's excellent speech was difficult to comprehend because of its momentous import and its most profound significance. The sages heard it with wide-open ears and pondered it as well
- The meaning of controlled speech conveyed by Srila Rupa Gosvami advocates the positive process of krsna-katha, engaging the speaking process in glorifying the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna
- The primordial matter, or prakrti, material nature, consisting of three modes, generates four groups of five. The fourth group is the five working senses: speech, hands, feet, anus and genitals
- The sages (the four Kumaras) tried with wide open ears to understand the words from the lips of the Supreme Lord, but although His speech was very concise and meaningful, the sages could not completely comprehend what He was saying
- The seven opulences listed - fame, fortune, fine speech, memory, intelligence, steadfastness and patience - are considered feminine
- The sixty-four items of devotional service should include all of our activities of body, mind and speech. The regulative principle of devotional service enjoins that all of our senses must be employed in the service of the Lord
- There are activities of the body, activities of the different senses and activities of speech. A Krsna conscious person engages his words in preaching the glories of the Lord. This is called kirtana
- There are so many questions. And to solve all these questions, the God Himself descends and speaks about Himself, and that speaking is this Bhagavad-gita. God is speaking about Himself personally, personally present
- There is a limitless stock of Vedic literature, and one should study this. This is called penance of speech
- They (the four Kumaras) could not even comprehend the purport of the speech or what the Supreme Lord wanted to do. Nor could they understand whether the Lord was angry or pleased with them
- They engage the power of speech in the glorification of My qualities and form. They also dedicate their minds unto Me and try to give up all kinds of material desires. Thus My devotees are characterized
- This danda, there are four sticks. One stick is representing the jiva soul, another stick is representing body, another stick is mind, and another stick, speech
- Tridanda-sannyasa means one who has devoted his life, means his activities, his body and his speeches. That is tridanda-sannyasa. Anyone who has devoted his mind, his body and his speeches for the service of the Lord, he is sannyasi
- We are delivering speeches from authoritative book, Bhagavad-gita. I am not speaking before you of my own imagination. I am speaking from the authorized book
- We are experiencing, if we speak something impersonal, they think it is very learned speech, and when we speak of something personal they think it is old, old style. This is nonsense
- We have got so many branches, they want to hear me, my singing, my speech, therefore they record it and send it to different branches
- When a pure Vaisnava speaks, he speaks perfectly. How is this? His speech is managed by Krsna Himself from within the heart
- When Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace his brother, saying that Lord Siva was impure, the latter became very angry with him. It is said that an offense can be committed either with the body, with the mind or by speech
- When life becomes almost inactive, it is called stunned. The emotions resulting from this condition are joy, fear, astonishment, moroseness and anger. In this condition, the power of speech is lost and there is no movement in the hands and legs
- Without devotional service, what is the meaning of severe austerities, the process of hearing, the power of speech, the power of mental speculation, elevated intelligence, strength, and the power of the senses?