Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
sorrow | sorrowful | sorrowfully | sorrows
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Sorrow"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Sanjaya was the personal assistant of Maharaja Dhrtarastra for a very long time, and thus he had the opportunity to study the life of Dhrtarastra. And when he saw at last that Dhrtarastra had left home without his knowledge, his sorrows had no bound
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took His lunch at about three o'clock, but the brahmana, being very sorrowful, fasted
- The gopis continued, "Krsna, however, is not coming to Her. He must be watching Her from a distant place and enjoying Her sorrow"
- The Haryasvas abided by the order of Narada Muni, but when news of this was brought to Prajapati Daksa, the prajapati, instead of being happy with the actions of Narada Muni, was extremely sorrowful
- The mild wind blowing through the gardens of fruits and flowers in Vrndavana appeared very much pleasing to all - all but the gopis, who were always overtaken by heartfelt sorrow in the absence of Krsna
- The worker who is attached to work and the fruits of work, desiring to enjoy those fruits, and who is greedy, always envious, impure, and moved by joy and sorrow, is said to be in the mode of passion
- When one is fully qualified yet is humble and gentle, and when one is able to keep his balance both in sorrow and in the ecstasy of joy, he has the opulence called patience (ksama)
- When we are unable to fulfill our material desires, there is certainly sorrow and confusion. This may be described as vivarta. But in spiritual life there is no sorrow, inebriety or imperfection