bereaved | bereavement | bereavements
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Bereavement"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Because he (Dhrtarastra) was blind from birth, he was disqualified from his rightful claim (the throne of Hastinapura). But he could not forget the bereavement, and his disappointment was somewhat compensated after the death of Pandu, his younger brother
- Bhumi was bereaved and was weeping just to invoke the lord’s compassion. She related the calamitous position of the earth, and after hearing this, Lord Brahma became much aggrieved, and he at once started for the ocean of milk, where Lord Visnu resides
- If unkind Providence takes away my wife, who is half my body, why should He not take me also? What is the use of my living with half of my body, bereaved by loss of my wife? What shall I gain in this way?
- In spite of this knowledge They (Krsna and Balarama) wanted to go to Hastinapura to take part in the bereavement. On arriving in Hastinapura, Krsna and Balarama first went to see Bhismadeva because he was the chief of the Kuru dynasty
- In that planet of Satyaloka, there is neither bereavement, nor old age nor death
- King Daksa wanted to offer prayers to Lord Siva, but as he remembered the ill-fated death of his daughter Sati, his eyes filled with tears, and in bereavement his voice choked up, and he could not say anything
- Krsna continued, "I am not a very reliable husband. The net result of being attracted to Me is to acquire a life of bereavement only"
- Krsna has nothing to do with action and reaction, but because He was playing the part of a human being, He expressed His full sympathy for the bereavement of Satyabhama, and His eyes filled with tears when He heard about the death of His father-in-law
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was conscious of his duty, and he at once hurried to the spot with Lord Krsna and satisfied the bereaved Dhrtarastra with kind words, from both himself and the Lord also
- May the SPG in the form of Lord Sri Caitanya bestow His causeless mercy upon us. His smiling glance at once drives away all the bereavements of the world, and His very words enliven the auspicious creepers of devotion by expanding their leaves
- One need only see the charming smile of the Supreme Lord. In other words, the bereavement of material existence immediately subsides when one sees the charming smile of the Lord
- Out of bereavement, distress and fearfulness (for Krsna), they (the cowherd boys) became bewildered and began to fall on the ground
- Rukmini continued, "My dear lotus-eyed Lord, I cannot understand Your statement that women and other persons who have taken shelter under Your lotus feet pass their days only in bereavement"
- Rukmini continued, "When they voluntarily accepted such a position, accepting Your (Krsna's) lotus feet as all in all, does it mean that they were in lamentation and bereavement"
- Sati left her husband, Lord Siva, who had given her half his body due to affection. Breathing very heavily because of anger and bereavement, she went to the house of her father. This less intelligent act was due to her being a weak woman
- Since one cannot sufficiently see Krsna with only two eyes, one feels incapable and thus becomes bereaved. Such bereavement is slightly reduced when one criticizes the creative power of the creator
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: After hearing from Uddhava all about the annihilation of his friends and relatives, the learned Vidura pacified his overwhelming bereavement by dint of his transcendental knowledge
- The bereavement of material existence immediately subsides when one sees the charming smile of the Lord
- Thereafter Sati left her husband, Lord Siva, who had given her half his body due to affection. Breathing very heavily because of anger and bereavement, she went to the house of her father. This less intelligent act was due to her being a weak woman
- These material enjoyments, although they are temporarily real, come to an end, and then there is feeling of bereavement and regret
- This series of footprints show a person like me, who am bereaved due to loss of the deer, how the animal has passed through the forest and how I can regain my lost wealth
- When in the heart of a devotee there is expectation of some mishap to Krsna it is called devotional service in bereavement
- When in the heart of a devotee there is expectation of some mishap to Krsna it is called devotional service in bereavement. Such bereavement is another symptom of this devotional service in compassion
- When Lord Ramacandra, was the King of this world, all bodily and mental suffering, disease, old age, bereavement, lamentation, distress, fear and fatigue were completely absent. There was even no death for those who did not want it