Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Caitanya's Sorrow (2 P)
- ► I Am Sorry (Prabhupada) (33 P)
- ► Krsna's Sorrow (7 P)
- ► Our Sorrow (Disciples of SP) (7 P)
- ► Sorrow (9 C, 20 P)
- ► Very Sorry (4 C, 46 P)
Pages in category "Sorry"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- After hearing their statements, the Supreme Personality of Godhead smiled. He told them that they should not be sorry for being refused by the brahmanas, because that is the way of begging
- All of you may now go to your homes. May Lord Krsna bestow His blessings upon you all. Do not be sorry because of my being insulted
- All people are working hard, day and night, for pleasure. Because by constitution, he is pleasureful, joyful. As soon as there is little hindrance to the process of his joyfulness he becomes sorry. This is my nature
- Although her position was unique from all points of view, saintly Devahuti, in spite of all her possessions, which were envied even by the ladies of the heavenly planets, gave up all such comforts. She was only sorry that her son was separated from her
- Are you sorry to see that the brahmanas have taken shelter of administrative families that do not respect brahminical culture?
- At that time a calamity took place - Srivasa Thakura's son died. Yet Srivasa Thakura was not at all sorry
- At that time the great saint Narada Muni was passing on the road and was sorry to see the behavior of the sons of Kuvera
- Devaki was overwhelmed with both jubilation and lamentation. She was joyful, for she could understand that Lord Visnu had taken shelter within her womb, but at the same time she was sorry that as soon as her child would come out, Kamsa would kill Him
- Dhruva Maharaja should have known that honor and dishonor are both destined only by one's previous actions; therefore one should not be sorry or happy under any circumstances
- He (my Guru Maharaja) was very sorry. At the last stage he was disgusted
- He (the son of the brahmana) was not at all sorry for the King's (Maharaja Pariksit's) not being well received. On the contrary, he justified the wrong act in a way characteristic of the brahmanas of Kali-yuga
- He (Vidura) got the opportunity by the grace of Duryodhana, & instead of being sorry at the strong words of insult, he thanked him from within because it gave him the chance to live alone in a holy place and fully engage in the devotional service of God
- He (Yudhisthira) was sorry for the separation of a great soul, and not for the material body which Bhismadeva relinquished
- Hearing about this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was extremely sorry at heart, and in anger He chastised Gopinatha Pattanayaka
- Her (Rukmini's) eyes moving, she appeared sorry, and Krsna, who could immediately understand her mind, encouraged her with these words
- I (Usa) am sorry to inform you (Citralekha) that just after this he disappeared, and I have been thrown into the whirlpool of disappointment. My dear friend, I am very anxious to find this wonderful young man, the desired lord of my heart
- I am eternal, so why should I be interested in nonpermanent things? Who wants nonpermanent existence? No one wants it. If we are living in an apartment and the landlord asks us to vacate, we are sorry, but we are not sorry if we move to a better apartment
- I feel very much sorry that my body, which is just like a bag, has been produced by you. I shall therefore give it up
- If somebody cuts my throat, I become so sorry or so aggrieved. Why shall I cut the throat of other animals? This is civilization. And not that go on killing animals like anything and hunt upon the woman, topless woman, make business
- If we are living in an apartment and the landlord asks us to vacate, we are sorry, but we are not sorry if we move to a better apartment. This then is our inclination. We do not wish to die, because we are eternal
- In this way, the child passes through his childhood, suffering different kinds of distress, and attains boyhood. In boyhood also he suffers pain over desires to get things he can never achieve. And thus, due to ignorance, he becomes angry and sorry
- Lalitagopi addressed Srimati Radharani, "My dear friend, my inner desires have been polluted. Therefore I shall go to the place of Yamaraja. But I am sorry to see that Krsna has still not given up His smiling over cheating You"
- Lord Balarama wanted to impress upon Rukmini that she should not be sorry for the consequences her brother (Rukmi) suffered due to his actions. There was no need of being too affectionate toward such a brother
- Lord Siva was especially sorry because he had recently lost his dear wife and was also very much afflicted by the unkind words of Daksa. Under the circumstances, Lord Brahma suggested, it would behoove them (the demigods) to go at once and beg his pardon
- One may feel sorry in the absolute world, but the manifestation of so-called pain is always full of bliss
- Our position is when we get some profit we are very jubilant, but when we are losing something we are very morose, unhappy. But a mahanta is equipoised. He is neither very happy when he makes profit, neither at all sorry when he makes losses
- Saubhari Muni was sorry that one of the leaders of the fish was taken away by Garuda
- She (Radharani) became almost mad, thinking that the messenger-bee might have returned to Krsna to inform Him all about Her talking against Him. "Krsna must be very sorry to hear it," She thought. In this way She was overwhelmed by another type of ecstasy
- She told the sun-god, "I was simply examining the effectiveness of this mystic power. I am sorry I have called you unnecessarily. Please return and excuse me"
- Since all living beings are His beloved sons, His parts and parcels, God is more sorry than we ourselves to see the sufferings we are constantly undergoing in this material condition
- Since Maharaja Bali's rebukes were truthful, King Indra did not at all become sorry, just as an elephant beaten by its driver's rod does not become agitated
- So he (the brahmana) was not at all sorry for his poor material position, and he used to live very peacefully. He was very openhearted, and sometimes he went to hear some lectures delivered by great realized souls
- That P. of God, the reservoir of all goodness & beauty, Lord Krsna, has now closed His transcendental pastimes on the face of the earth. In His absence the age of Kali has spread its influence everywhere, so I am sorry to see this condition of existence
- The economic development's cow killing. Just see, rascal civilization. Don't be sorry. It is Sastra. Don't think that I am criticizing the Western civilization. It is sastra says. Very experienced
- The members of this Krsna consciousness society are sometimes refused entrance into some of the temples in India. We should not feel sorry about this as long as we engage in chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- The word gata-vyathah (without being sorry) is significant here (SB 3.1.16) because Vidura was relieved from the tribulations which trouble every man entangled in material activities
- They (Krsna and Balarama) then saw Krpacarya, Vidura, Gandhari and Drona. Other members of the Kuru dynasty were not sorry, because they wanted the Pandavas and their mother to be killed
- Thus being pierced by arrows through his ears and afflicted to the core of his heart, Vidura placed his bow on the door and quit his brother's palace. He was not sorry, for he considered the acts of the external energy to be supreme
- To pacify Rukmini, Lord Balarama said to her, "You should not be sorry that your brother (Rukmi) has been made odd-looking. Everyone suffers or enjoys the results of his own actions"
- Vidura was glad to learn about it. But he was sorry that he could not make his brother turn into a pure devotee. This was not done by Vidura because of Dhrtarastra's being inimical to the Pandavas, who were all devotees of the Lord
- Vidura was not at all sorry to be bereft of his hearth and home because he now had experience that dependence on the mercy of the Lord is a greater freedom than so-called freedom at home
- When a great devotee of the Lord passes away, there is nothing to be lamented because the devotee is destined to enter into the kingdom of God. But the sorry plight is that such great devotees leave our sight, and there is every reason to be sorry
- While there is life in the body, it is meant for the service of others, and when it is dead it is meant to be eaten by dogs and jackals or maggots. He is sorry because for such a temporary body such a huge massacre was committed
- You (Mother earth) are probably now thinking of those activities and feeling sorry in their absence
- You demigods think that your own selves are the cause of your attaining fame and victory. Because of your ignorance, saintly persons feel sorry for you. Therefore, although your words afflict the heart, we do not accept them