Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
regret | regretable | regretful | regretfully | regrets | regrettable | regrettably | regretted | regretting
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Regret"
The following 90 pages are in this category, out of 90 total.
- A Vaisnava is also self-sufficient, depending only on Krsna. That is Vaisnava. So he has nothing to lament or nothing to regret
- Accidental sins committed by a devotee are sincerely regretted, and by the grace of the Lord all sins unwillingly committed by a devotee are burnt in the fire of repentance
- After the return of their wives from Krsna, the brahmanas engaged in the performance of sacrifices began to regret their sinful activities in refusing food to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- All one's activities in a life devoid of Krsna consciousness simply lead to defeat and misuse of one's life. Naturally one who comes to Krsna consciousness regrets his previous sinful activities in the human form
- Americans are now regretting the wholesale criminality of American society and are wondering how America has become so lawless and unmanageable
- Balarama said, "How regrettable it is that these fools (Kurus) consider us, the members of the Yadu dynasty, to be like shoes and themselves like helmets"
- By the grace of the Lord, Kamsa felt sincere regret for having unnecessarily persecuted such Vaisnavas as Devaki and Vasudeva, and thus he came to the transcendental stage of knowledge
- By the influence of the age of Kali, everywhere, politically, socially or religiously, everything is topsy-turvy, and therefore for the sane man it is all regrettable
- Dhruva Maharaja regrets that although he was initiated in the visnu-mantra by a Vaisnava, he still aspired for material benefits
- Dhruva Maharaja regrets that he wanted material opulence and greater prosperity than that of his great-grandfather, Lord Brahma. His begging from the Lord was like a poor man's asking a great emperor for a few grains of broken rice
- Dhruva Maharaja regretted that he had rejected the advice of Narada Muni and was adamant in asking him for something perishable, namely revenge against his stepmother for her insult, and possession of the kingdom of his father (King Uttanapada)
- I have become very, very weak. No appetite. The brain is not working. Brain is working, but body is not allowing... Don't worry. Everyone will die, today or tomorrow. I am also old man. There is nothing to be regrettable
- I regret I shall not be able to physically attend your Rathayatra at Buffalo, but my presence is always with the devotees who are serving so nicely
- I regret to inform you that this transaction has taken place without my sanction. We are not interested in book exchange
- I think all of our Godbrothers are doing the same missionary activities without a doubt, but still the regrettable fact is we are doing all separately, not in conjunction
- I very much regret for the loss of your good wife. I always remember her because she was so kind upon me when I used to visit your house. She was so affectionately feeding me, so I felt very much when I learned that she is no more in this world
- If one understands what sin is, he should give it up with sincerity and regret and surrender unto the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead through His agent, the pure devotee
- In order to sympathize with the boys' regrettable condition, even the forest friends, the deer, are shedding tears
- In this condition of lamentation one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- In this ecstasy of devotional service (in compassion) there are sometimes symptoms like regret, heavy breathing, crying, falling on the ground and beating upon one's chest
- Indra said, "My dear Lord, I admit that I have committed great offenses unto You, but I cannot express my feelings of regret, being bewildered at seeing Your extraordinary chivalrous spirit, Your endeavor to protect Your devotees, Your determination"
- It is a matter of great regret that recently in my birthplace, West Bengal, there are some who are making agitations and various uncalled for remarks without knowing the real facts. All these have pained me to a great extent
- It is a very regrettable fact that many unauthorized and stray so-called yogis now come to the West and exploit the learning of the people towards yoga
- It is a very regrettable fact that many unauthorized so-called yogis come to the Western countries and exploit people's inclination towards yoga practice
- It is advised that the American people regret their mistaken advancement in civilization. They should take advice from the spiritual master, the representative of Krsna
- It is regrettable that persons who have no brahminical qualifications and have never been trained under a bona fide spiritual master nevertheless comment on Vedic literatures
- It is very much regrettable that unfortunate people do not discuss the description of the Vaikuntha planets but engage in topics which are unworthy to hear and which bewilder one's intelligence
- It is very regrettable that the leaders of the world do not know of the effects of these sinful activities. They are instead taking things very easily and are succeeding in making the ocean of nescience wider and wider
- It is very regrettable that these European and American boys who are purely Vaisnava and who follow all principles are not allowed by the rascals to enter the temple
- Krsna appeared Himself five thousand years ago in India, and He exhibited His godly qualities, established Himself as the Supreme Personality of Godhead by His various activities, and still people are dying to see God. That is very regrettable
- Kurus said, "The Yadus are now trying to go against those who have fed them nicely. Their flourishing condition is due to our gifts & merciful behavior & still they are so shameless that they are trying to order us. How regrettable are these activities"
- Narottama dasa Thakura regretted that he did not pursue his attraction for the transcendental vibration of the Hare Krsna mantra
- Naturally one who comes to Krsna consciousness regrets his previous sinful activities in the human form. Only by this process can one be delivered from the clutches of nescience or ignorance in materialistic life
- Not only should one give up his past bad habits, but he must always regret his past sinful acts. This is the standard of pure devotion
- O Uddhava! It is indeed regrettable that Krsna resides in Mathura. Does He remember His father's household affairs and His friends, the cowherd boys?
- One has to awaken his Krsna consciousness by first regretting his past deeds. Just as King Puranjana began to flatter his Queen, one should, by deliberate consideration, raise himself to the platform of Krsna consciousness
- One old aged devotee of Krsna said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You are just like the moonlight, and my only real regret is that for want of any taste for Your pleasant shining I did not advance myself in Krsna consciousness"
- One who does not begin Krsna consciousness in the human form of life loses his life to the influence of the illusory energy. Brahma regrets the situation of such a human being
- One who offends a pure devotee can never satisfy Caitanya Mahaprabhu unless and until he sincerely regrets his offense and thus rectifies it
- Only when he comes in contact with the bona fide spiritual master can he understand his real constitutional position. He then becomes disgusted with material existence. At that time, he regrets his past experiences in material existence
- Our process is slow but sure, not that we must do everything immediately and then later on regret it
- Saubhari Muni regrets that he had bad association even in the deepest part of the water. Because of the bad association of the sexually engaged fish, he fell down. A secluded place is also not secure unless there is good association
- Sukadeva Gosvami described the history of Saubhari Muni, who, because of sensual agitation caused by fish, fell from his yoga and wanted to marry all the daughters of Mandhata for sexual pleasure. Later, Saubhari Muni became very regretful
- The boy who spat upon the person of Kirtanananda must send a letter of regret and apology
- The devotee regrets his loss of time in the so-called cultivation of knowledge and becomes a pure devotee of the Lord
- The duty of a pure devotee is to regret his past sinful activities in illicit sex, intoxication, meat-eating and gambling
- The entire American nation has tried to advance in material opulence without striving to produce ideal human beings. The result is that Americans are now regretting the wholesale criminality of American society
- The learned brahmanas, expert in Vedic ritualistic performances, were properly regretful, because if one does not develop Krsna consciousness, all discharge of religious duties is simply a waste of time and energy
- The most regrettable characteristic of this age, is that man has forgotten God
- The pious King regretted his accidental improper treatment of the powerful brahmana, who was faultless
- The wives of the demigods, regretting the absence of their husbands, began to pray for the appearance of Lord Buddha, the ninth incarnation of Krsna in the age of Kali
- There are many other disturbing symptoms in ecstatic love, such as envy, anxiety, pride, jealousy, conclusion, cowardliness, forgiveness, impatience, hankering, regret, doubtfulness and impudence
- There is much advancement of material science all over the world, but regrettably, these advanced scientists have made no attempt to understand the living spark, the spirit, which is always the most important subject
- These material enjoyments, although they are temporarily real, come to an end, and then there is feeling of bereavement and regret
- They (our godbrothers) simply try to bring us to their platform, and they try to criticize us in every respect. We very much regret their naive activities and poor fund of knowledge
- They (the brahmanas) regretted very much that, although their wives were elevated to the platform of pure devotional service, they themselves could not understand even a little bit of how to love & offer transcendental loving service to the Supreme Soul
- This is jnana, regretting "My dear Lord, I got this very opportune moment to possess this human form of life, manusya-janama paiya, but my duty was to worship Radha-Krsna." That is the highest perfection of worshiping
- This is the mentality of one who is becoming a pure devotee. When one is elevated to the platform of devotional service by the grace of the Lord and the spiritual master, one first regrets his past sinful activities. This helps one advance
- This is the nature of a great personality. Even if a great personality acquires some opulence, he is always ashamed and regretful if he acquires it illegally
- This regret is very beneficial because it purifies the living entity of material, conditional life
- Uddhava said, "The most regrettable factor is that all of them remind us of Krsna, and this is giving us too much distress"
- Unfortunately, if our student falls a victim of vagina instead of Krsna, that is very regrettable
- Unfortunately, Indians are now imitating the western kind of life. It is very regrettable
- We become hungry, we become thirsty. We become overwhelmed with regret, soka moha, illusion, then birth, death, so many currents. We are being carried away. I am spirit soul. I am put into the material ocean
- We should not aspire for happiness, or regret distress; we must be satisfied with the position allotted to us by the Lord
- Whatever falldown has been, you should be regretful about it, but it is not so serious nor is it a permanent disqualification
- When a disciple misunderstands a bona fide spiritual master, the master regrets for his inability to protect the disciple and sometimes he cries with tears in the eyes. We had an experience while my Guru Maharaja was alive
- When a person regrets his sinful activities, the abandoning of Krsna consciousness and good intelligence, his path of deliverance from the path of material clutches is opened
- When Duryodhana left in such an angry mood, everyone regretted the incident, and King Yudhisthira also was very sorry. But despite all these occurrences, Krsna was silent. He did not say anything against or in favor of the incident
- When Gandhari saw, she saw that he was not fully naked, so she regretted, "O my dear son, I asked you to come before me naked. Why you have got this...?" "No, Krsna advised." Then she began to smile, that "My attempt is failure." So Krsna knew it
- When one becomes regretful for some offense, his feeling is called bashfulness. In this way, bashfulness and regret can be synonymous
- When one fails to achieve his desired goal of life and repents for all his offenses, there is a state of regret called visada
- When one feels guilt one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one finds himself in reversed conditions one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one finds no fulfillment in his present occupation one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one is forced to act in a way which is forbidden, or to refrain from acting in a way which is proper, he becomes regretful and thinks himself dishonored. At that time there is a sense of disappointment
- When one is unsuccessful in achieving his desired goal of life one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry