Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
soldier | soldiers | soldier's
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Soldiers"
The following 194 pages are in this category, out of 194 total.
- A great devastating fire created by Bali Maharaja began burning all the soldiers of the demigods. This fire, accompanied by blasting winds, seemed as terrible as the Samvartaka fire, which appears at the time of dissolution
- Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. Everyone should be induced to accept this order, for this is victory. And it is the duty of the soldier, the devotee, to impress upon everyone this philosophy of life
- Actually He (Krsna) was not at all afraid, but He pretended to be an ordinary human being frightened by the immense quantity of soldiers and resources of Jarasandha. Without any weapons Krsna left the battlefield
- After gathering the demoniac soldiers, Bali Maharaja departed for the opulent capital of Indra. Indeed, he seemed to make the entire surface of the world tremble
- After getting on Subhadra’s chariot, he prepared himself for a fight. Taking up his bow and holding off with his arrows the soldiers ordered to check him, Arjuna took Subhadra away
- After giving this dowry, the king of Kosala Province (Nagnajit) bade his daughter and great son-in-law be seated on a chariot and allowed them to go to their home, guarded by a division of well-equipped soldiers
- After the death of Kamsa, when Mathura was encircled by the soldiers of Kalayavana, Jarasandha and Salva, the Lord seemingly fled from the city, and thus He is known as Ranchor, or one who fled from fighting
- All along he is thinking these things are like soldiers of security to safeguard his happy life, but they are described as "fallible soldiers'' because they will not help us at all
- All high government posts are especially meant for persons who are well conversant with the teachings of the Vedas. In the Vedas there are definite instructions defining how a king, commander-in-chief, soldier and citizen should behave
- All of them (the great heroes of Dvaraka) were maha-rathis, great warriors able to fight with thousands of men. All were fully equipped with necessary weapons and assisted by hundreds and thousands of charioteers, elephants, horses and infantry soldiers
- All the horses fell, their necks severed, and the chariots fell also, along with their flags and the fighters and drivers on the chariots. Almost all the infantry soldiers fell on the field of battle, their heads, hands and legs cut off
- All the jewelry from the bodies of the soldiers and commanders seemed like many pebbles flowing down the river of blood
- All the Muslim soldiers then came before the Lord, worshiped His lotus feet and said, "Here are four rogues"
- All the soldiers and persons on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra attained their original spiritual form like the Lord after their death because by the causeless mercy of the Lord they were able to see Him face to face on that occasion
- All the soldiers fighting on behalf of Salva soon became distressed by the incessant release of arrows upon them by the heroes of the Yadu dynasty, and Salva himself became unconscious from the attack of these arrows
- Almost all the soldiers of Salva had been killed, but when Salva saw that Krsna had come to the battlefield, he released a great, powerful weapon, which flew through the sky with a roaring sound like a great meteor
- Among Krsna's greatly powerful sons, eighteen sons were maha-rathas. The maha-rathas could fight alone against many thousands of foot soldiers, charioteers, cavalry and elephants
- An instance of astonishment in devotional service by indirect perception occurred when Maharaj Pariksit heard from Sukadeva Gosvami about Krsna's killing Narakasura, who had been fighting Krsna with eleven divisions of aksauhini soldiers
- And you are known as a great fighter, great soldier and My friend, and this will be going against your reputation. Don't do this
- Aniruddha knew, however, that his would-be father-in-law (Banasura) was not at all pleased and that he was gathering many soldiers in the palace to attack him
- Anxiety, impotence, humility, anger and impatience were all like soldiers fighting, and the madness of love of Godhead was the cause
- Arjuna was a family man, a soldier, and he was directly taught the principles of Bhagavad-gita, but he never renounced the world nor the battlefield
- Arjuna was trained in that way - he was a soldier - but by his soldier's business, occupational duty, he satisfied Krsna. He fought for Krsna, not for his personal sense gratification. That is his test, samsiddhir hari-tosanam
- As far as his (Arjuna's) soldiers were concerned, he was sympathetic from the beginning, but he felt compassion even for the soldiers of the opposite party, foreseeing their imminent death
- As far as Rukmi was concerned, his promise was not fulfilled, nor was his mission successful. He had come from home with his soldiers, military phalanx to defeat Krsna, release his sister, but on the contrary he lost all his soldiers & military strength
- As for their (the Yadu dynasty's) military strength, it is said that King Ugrasena alone had ten quadrillion soldiers as personal bodyguards
- As Krsna was speaking with Rukmini, the commanders of the Yadu dynasty's soldiers, headed by Balarama, known as Sankarsana, by Gada, not tolerating the opposing soldiers' defiant attitude, began to strike their horses, elephants, & chariots with arrows
- As the fighting progressed, the princes and soldiers of the enemy began to fall from their horses, elephants and chariots. Within a short time, millions of severed heads, decorated with helmets and earrings, had fallen on the battlefield
- At that time, Balabhadra Bhattacarya went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and made Him sit down. Seeing the Muslim soldiers, the Lord regained His normal senses
- Bali Maharaja then disappeared and resorted to demoniac illusions. A giant mountain, generated from illusion, then appeared above the heads of the demigod soldiers
- Banasura and his company of soldiers saw that the boy (Aniruddha) was standing before them just like the superintendent of death with his invincible rod
- Banasura heard that the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty were attacking the whole city, tearing down various walls, gates and nearby gardens. Becoming very angry, he immediately ordered his soldiers, who were of equal caliber, to go and face them
- By brahma-tejas, brahminical strength, Bhrgu Muni had created the Rbhu demigods, who had driven away the soldiers of Lord Siva stationed in the arena
- By manipulating his axe and arrows, Lord Parasurama cut to pieces the shields, flags, bows and bodies of Kartaviryarjuna's soldiers, who fell on the battlefield, muddying the ground with their blood
- Despite the mysterious maneuvering of the airplane, the commanders and soldiers of the Yadu dynasty would immediately rush toward Salva wherever he was present with his airplane and soldiers
- Due to the community tension, no boat was available for crossing the river. The Muslim soldiers were always stopping passengers on the other side, but Madhvacarya did not care for these soldiers
- During the short absence of Pradyumna from the battlefield, Dyuman, Salva’s commander in chief, had been taking over the positions of the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty
- Each and everyone of us, we are thinking, "I am independent, and my wife, my children, my society, they are my soldiers. If I am in danger, they will help me." This is going on. This is called maya
- Each division of aksauhini soldiers contained several thousand elephants, several thousand horses and chariots, and several hundreds of thousands of infantry soldiers
- Especially wounded soldiers and generals feel very thirsty at the time of death, and it sometimes so happens that simply for want of water one has to die unavoidably
- Even though they (the soldiers of Sisupala) were not without fear, they were all prepared to give Krsna a good fight to prevent the girl (Rukmini) from being taken away
- Flee this village tonight, and do not allow one person to remain. Take the Deity with you and leave, for the Muslim soldiers will come tomorrow
- From that mountain (generated from illusion by Bali Maharaja) fell trees blazing in a forest fire. Chips of stone, with sharp edges like picks, also fell and smashed the heads of the demigod soldiers
- He (Bhaumasura) saw that Krsna's carrier, Garuda, had caused great disturbance to his soldiers and elephants, and in great anger he struck Garuda with all his strength, which defied the strength of a thunderbolt
- He (Jarasandha) began to make extensive arrangements to attack the kingdom of Mathura with his innumerable military phalanxes, consisting of many thousands of chariots, horses, elephants and infantry soldiers
- He (Krsna) smashed not only the weapons but also the soldiers and assistants of Paundraka, just as during the dissolution of this universe the fire of devastation burns everything to ashes
- He (Krsna) then proceeded slowly, without fear, taking Rukmini away exactly as a lion takes a deer from the midst of jackals. Meanwhile, Balarama appeared on the scene with the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty
- He (Krsna) took His arrows from their quiver, and one after another He set them on the bowstring and shot them toward the enemy. They were so accurate that the elephants, horses and infantry soldiers of Jarasandha were quickly killed
- He (Narada) explained how Aniruddha had been carried to the city of Sonitapura, the capital of Banasura's empire, and how Banasura had arrested him with the naga-pasa, even though Aniruddha had defeated his soldiers
- He (Pradyumna) then released another one hundred arrows toward the body of Salva. After this, he pierced each and every soldier by releasing one arrow, he killed the chariot drivers by firing ten arrows at each one of them
- He (Yudhisthira) sent Arjuna, accompanied by the soldiers of Kekayadesa, to conquer the kings of the northern side, and he ordered Bhimasena, accompanied by the soldiers of Madradesa (Madras), to conquer the kings on the eastern side
- I thought, 'Instead of going to Vrndavana alone, I am going with soldiers and the beating of drums'
- If one is pure devotee, then Krsna, from within, He will give knowledge. The Krsna... Just like Krsna is giving knowledge to Arjuna. He's a grhastha. He's a soldier. He's not even a brahmana. But who can be greater man of knowledge than Arjuna?
- In other incarnations the Lord descended with armies and weapons, but in this incarnation His soldiers are His plenary parts and associates
- In the case of the goddess of fortune, I see a different kind of pride. She manifests her own opulences and even goes with her soldiers to attack her husband
- In the fight between the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty & kings of the opposite side, Salva was defeated. But despite his defeat, he made a promise before all the kings that he would in the future rid the whole world of all the members of the Yadu dynasty
- In this way, Jarasandha, the King of Magadha Province, having lost all his strength and having been insulted by his arrest and subsequent release, could do nothing but return to his kingdom. Thus Lord Krsna conquered the soldiers of Jarasandha
- In USA there is some trouble in recruiting soldiers, because... Why the difficulty is? The difficulty is the training is like sudras. The young men are trained up like sudras, how they can fight? Therefore they are afraid. They try to avoid fighting
- Innocent women, they are very much harassed after the war by the victorious party. You know, the soldiers are given freedom to rape the women. And plunder the property. So many things they have
- It appears that soldiers used to go to the battlefield highly decorated with golden ornaments and with helmets and turbans, and when they were dead the booty was taken by the enemy party
- Jarasandha, the King of Magadha, besieged the city of Mathura not only once but seventeen times in the same way, equipped with the same number of military phalanxes. Each and every time, he was defeated and all his soldiers were killed by Krsna
- Just as serpents agitated by Garuda rush towards Garuda with upraised hoods, all the Yaksa soldiers prepared to overcome Dhruva Maharaja with their upraised weapons
- Just like fighting soldiers, they are facing danger for the country. They are recognized. Similarly, those who are preachers - on behalf of Krsna preaching people to take to Krsna consciousness - they are great soldiers
- Kalayavana was eager to declare war on a king of the world who would be a suitable combatant for him, but he had not found any. However, being informed about Mathura by Narada, he thought it wise to attack this city with thirty million Yavana soldiers
- King Paundraka was a great warrior, and as soon as he heard of Krsna's attack, he came out of the city with two aksauhini divisions of soldiers. The King of Kasi also came out, with three aksauhini divisions
- King Yudhisthira ordered Nakula, accompanied by the soldiers of Matsyadesa, to conquer the kings of the western side
- King Yudhisthira, being thus assured by the indication of Lord Krsna, ordered his youngest brother, Sahadeva, accompanied by soldiers of the Srnjaya tribe, to conquer the southern countries
- Krsna addressed Balarama, "I request You to sit on Your chariot and kill all these soldiers, the entire military strength of the enemy"
- Krsna addressed Balarama, "The members of the Yadu dynasty sense great danger before the soldiers of Jarasandha, and they are very much aggrieved. Just to give them protection, Your chariot is also here, filled with weapons"
- Krsna encouraged Rukmini, "My dear Rukmini, don't worry. Please rest assured that the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty will kill all the opposing soldiers without delay"
- Krsna fought with the soldiers of Kalayavana and killed them one after another. After this, He collected all the booty from the dead bodies, and under His direction it was loaded on bullock carts and brought back to Dvaraka
- Krsna saw Himself overwhelmed by the military strength of Jarasandha. His small army of soldiers was being harassed, so He immediately took up His bow, named Sarnga
- Krsna was now able to turn His attention from the attack of Lord Siva to the efforts of Banasura, and He began to kill Banasura’s personal soldiers with swords and clubs
- Krsna was sitting in a solitary bush, waiting for Srimati Radharani to pass by. But while He was searching, the gopis arrived there, like a phalanx of soldiers
- Laksmana said, "Lord Krsna is always self-sufficient, yet my father, out of his own accord, offered my husband a dowry consisting of riches, soldiers, elephants, chariots, horses and many rare and valuable weapons"
- Lord Krsna counteracted all these weapons by releasing His feathered arrows. The result of this fight was that all the soldiers and commanders of Bhaumasura fell to the ground
- Lord Krsna replied, "The large number of soldiers he was maintaining became a burden on this earth, & I have killed them all to minimize the burden. Now he has four remaining arms, and he will remain immortal, unaffected by material pains and pleasures"
- Lord Krsna took charge of Aniruddha and Usa, who had become very opulent materially because of the blessings of Lord Siva. Thus, keeping forward a division of one aksauhini of soldiers, Krsna proceeded toward Dvaraka
- Lord Sri Krsna wanted to save Mathura from the eighteenth attack of the great military divisions of King Jarasandha. To prevent further killing of soldiers and to attend to other important business, Lord Krsna left the battlefield without fighting
- Many soldiers of Lord Siva followed the fierce personality in a tumultuous uproar. He carried a great trident, fearful enough to kill even death, and on his legs he wore bangles which seemed to roar
- Meanwhile, Jarasandha again attacked Mathura, this time with bigger divisions of soldiers, numbering twenty-three aksauhinis
- Mucukunda continued, "In my vanity I believed I had become the king of human society. In this misconception of bodily life I traveled all over the world, accompanied by my military strength - soldiers, charioteers, elephants and horses"
- Nobody is doing his duty, and everyone is simply puffed up by calling himself a brahmana (intellectual) or a ksatriya (soldier or statesman)
- Not finding any other weapon, Aniruddha took hold of a big iron rod and stood up before Banasura and his soldiers. He firmly took a posture indicating that if attacked he would strike all of the soldiers down to the ground with the iron rod
- O king of sharp-edged swords, you are engaged by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Please cut the soldiers of my enemies to pieces. Please cut them to pieces!
- On the day celebrating the conquest of Lanka - a day known as Vijaya-dasami - Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dressed up all His devotees as monkey soldiers
- On the other fronts, heroes like Gada, Satyaki and Samba were killing the soldiers of Salva. The soldiers staying with Salva in the airplane were also killed in the fighting, and they fell into the ocean
- One person who came to the village informed the inhabitants, "The Turkish soldiers are now preparing to attack your village"
- Passing through Kalayavana's assembly of soldiers, Krsna appeared like the moon in the sky passing through the assembled clouds
- Persons devoid of atma-tattva do not inquire into the problems of life, being too attached to the fallible soldiers like the body, children and wife. Although sufficiently experienced, they still do not see their inevitable destruction
- Picking up their bows and arrows, they (Jarasandha and other princes) began to chase Krsna on their chariots, horses and elephants. To check their progress, the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty turned and faced them
- Pradyumna immediately arranged his soldiers and personally got up on a chariot, encouraging the citizens by assuring safety
- Rajaputa Krsnadasa said, "I have my home here, and I also have about two hundred Turkish soldiers and about one hundred cannons"
- Ramananda Raya said, "My dear Lord, it is better that You proceed to Jagannatha Puri alone because with me there will be many horses, elephants and soldiers, all roaring tumultuously"
- Ravana felt proud of his prowess and began to loiter in the midst of the fighting soldiers, thinking himself the conqueror of all directions
- Regarding Krsna's expertise in releasing weapons, when Jarasandha, along with thirteen divisions of soldiers, attacked Krsna's army, they were unable to hurt even one soldier on the side of Krsna
- Riding on palanquins nicely decorated with silks, flags and golden lace, the sixteen thousand queens followed their exalted husband, Lord Krsna. The infantry soldiers carried shields, swords and lances in their hands and acted as royal bodyguards
- Rohini said, "Lord Krsna killed Bhaumasura and all his soldiers, and although He had no need to accept even one wife, He nevertheless, by our request, married all sixteen thousand of us"
- Salva thus attacked the city of Dvaraka from the sky, and he also surrounded the city by a large number of infantry. The soldiers on the surface attacked the beautiful spots of the city
- Scorpions, large snakes and many other poisonous animals, as well as lions, tigers, boars and great elephants, all began falling upon the demigod soldiers, crushing everything
- Seeing the Lord unconscious, the soldiers thought, "This sannyasi must have possessed a large quantity of gold"
- Seized by fear, all the Pathana soldiers immediately released the four persons. Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not see His personal associates arrested
- Similarly, other animals, such as camels, elephants and asses, as well as infantry soldiers, all fell with severed heads
- So formerly, five thousand years ago, the same system, military - ordinary soldiers, then the captain, then the commander, the commander-in-chief - as there are gradations in the modern age, the same thing was there
- So-called soldiers
- Soldier, when comes home, if he kills one man, he is hanged. Why? He can say in the court, "Sir, when I was fighting in the battlefield, I killed many. I got medal. And why you are hanging me now?" "Because you have done for your own sense gratification
- Sometimes during war, soldiers keep their enemies in concentration camps and kill them in very cruel ways. These are reactions brought about by unrestricted animal-killing in the slaughterhouse and by hunters in the forest
- Sometimes they (Pradyumna's soldiers) would see the airplane on the ground, sometimes flying in the sky, sometimes resting on the peak of a hill, and sometimes floating on the water
- The arms, thighs, necks and legs of the soldiers were severed, and their flags, bows, armor and ornaments were torn apart
- The brahmana said, "You Pathana soldiers are all under the protection of your king. Let us go to your commander and get his decision"
- The celestial species of human beings, like the Gandharvas, Vidyadharas, Caranas and angels, all represent His musical rhythm, and the demoniac soldiers are representations of His wonderful prowess
- The chariot of Lord Krsna was marked with the flag bearing the insignia of Garuda, and as soon as the soldiers and warriors of the Yadu dynasty saw the flag, they could understand that Lord Krsna was on the battlefield
- The city of King Puranjana was overcome by the Gandharva and Yavana soldiers, and although the King had no desire to leave the city, he was circumstantially forced to do so, for it was smashed by Kalakanya
- The demigods, being envious of the austere life of the rigid brahmacaris, would try to cause them to break their vows by dispatching soldiers of Cupid. But in the case of the Lord, it became an unsuccessful attempt
- The diseases that attack the body are compared here to soldiers. These soldiers are not ordinary soldiers, for they are guided by the King of the Yavanas, who acts as their commander-in-chief
- The dust of His lotus feet is therefore the crown of unconquerable soldiers. May those lotus feet, which are the shelter of the goddess of fortune, be the object of my worship
- The elephants, horses, chariots, charioteers, infantry soldiers and various kinds of carriers, along with their riders, were slashed to pieces
- The great heroes of Dvaraka City, headed by commanders such as Pradyumna, counterattacked the soldiers and airplane of Salva. When he saw the extreme distress of the citizens, Pradyumna immediately arranged his soldiers and personally got up on a chariot
- The great kings, leaders and soldiers fight with one another in order to perpetuate their names in history. They are forgotten in due course of time, and they make a place for another era in history
- The great sage Narada continued: My dear King Pracinabarhisat, afterward, the King of the Yavanas, whose name is fear itself, as well as Prajvara, Kalakanya, and his soldiers, began to travel all over the world
- The guests from many kingdoms, like Srnjaya, Kamboja, Kuru, Kekaya & Kosala, were present with their different flags & gorgeously decorated elephants, chariots, horses & soldiers. All of them passed in a procession, with Yudhisthira in the forefront
- The hands and legs of the infantry soldiers floated just like different kinds of fish, the hair of the soldiers floated like seaweed and moss, and the floating bows of the soldiers resembled waves of the river
- The infantry soldiers passing on the streets were profusely decorated with golden ornaments, and horses and golden chariots plied along the streets
- The King (Dusmanta) was naturally attracted by her (Sakuntala's) beauty, and therefore he approached her, accompanied by some of his soldiers, and spoke to her
- The king had to select properly the cabinet ministers, but not on the strength of voting background. The ministers, the military commanders and even the ordinary soldiers were all selected by personal qualification
- The king must come forward first. The other party's king also. The king will fight with king, and the soldiers will fight soldiers according to position. And when the king is killed, then victory is owned
- The King of the Yavanas continued: Here is my brother Prajvara. I now accept you (Kalakanya) as my sister. I shall employ both of you, as well as my dangerous soldiers, to act imperceptibly within this world
- The madness of transcendental bliss created waves of various emotions. The emotions appeared like opposing soldiers staging a fight
- The Muslim governor then personally accompanied Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Because of pirates, the governor took ten boats full of many soldiers
- The Pathana soldiers said, "You are all rogues. One of you belongs to the western lands, one to the district of Mathura, and the other two, who are trembling, belong to Bengal"
- The princes opposing Krsna, who were led by Jarasandha and were all expert in fighting, shot their arrows at the Yadu soldiers just as a cloud splashes the face of a mountain with torrents of rain
- The purpose of Your appearance is to kill the followers of the demoniac rulers of the world, who are in the dress of royal princes but are actually demons. I (Vasudeva) am sure that You (Krsna) will kill all of them and their followers and soldiers
- The regulative principles of a battlefield, namely to abide by the order of the commander, must be followed. Otherwise it is impossible to direct the fighting capacity of the soldiers and thus defeat the opposing elements
- The roads and streets of the city of Dvaraka were always crowded with elephants, horses, chariots and infantry soldiers
- The soldiers fighting on behalf of Salva were also very strong, and the release of their arrows also harassed the heroes of the Yadu dynasty. But still the Yadus were so strong and determined that they did not move from their strategic positions
- The soldiers on the side of King Paundraka began to shower their weapons upon Krsna. The weapons, including various kinds of tridents, clubs, poles, lances, swords, daggers and arrows, came flying in waves, and Krsna counteracted them
- The soldiers' (Jarasandha's party) hands were severed along with their bows and arrows and clubs; arms were piled upon arms, thighs upon thighs, and horses upon horses
- The soldiers, their upper and lower garments waving in the breeze, naturally looked very beautiful, and in the light of the glittering sunshine their shields, ornaments and sharp, clean weapons appeared dazzling
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Time I am, the great destroyer of the worlds, and I have come here to destroy all people. With the exception of you (the Pandavas), all the soldiers here on both sides will be slain
- The transcendental ecstatic symptoms of disappointment, moroseness, pleasure, restlessness, pride and humility all began to fight like soldiers within Lord Caitanya
- The word aksauhini refers to a military phalanx consisting of 21,870 chariots and elephants, 109,350 infantry soldiers and 65,610 horses
- The word vahan refers to the soldiers on horseback who protected the legs of the carrier elephants. According to the system of military arrangement, the legs of the elephant bearing the commander were also protected
- The yogi should meditate upon His club, which is named Kaumodaki and is very dear to Him. This club smashes the demons, who are always inimical soldiers, and is smeared with their blood
- Their (Bhaumasura's soldiers and commanders) arms, legs and heads separated from their trunks, and all their horses and elephants also fell with them. In this way, all the weapons released by Bhaumasura were cut to pieces by the Lord’s arrows
- There was some whispering about a rumor that Rukmini had sent a messenger to Krsna; therefore the soldiers suspected that Krsna might cause a disturbance by attempting to kidnap Rukmini
- These two captains, with Their soldiers such as Srivasa Thakura, travel everywhere, chanting the holy name of the Lord
- They (Salva's soldiers) began to destroy the nice parks, the city gates, the palaces and skyscraper houses, the high walls around the city, and the beautiful spots where people would gather for recreation
- They (the members of the Yadu dynasty) all went to Sonitapura and surrounded it with soldiers, elephants, horses and chariots
- Thinking this, the Pathana soldiers arrested the four persons and decided to kill them. Because of this, the two Bengalis began to tremble
- This chapter (8th chapter of the 6th canto of the SB) describes how Indra, the King of heaven, was victorious over the soldiers of the demons, and it also describes the shield of the Visnu mantra (the Narayana-kavaca shield)
- Through Dhatreyika the matter (Jayadratha forced Draupadi to sit on his chariot) was brought to the notice of Maharaja Yudhisthira. The Pandavas then attacked the soldiers of Jayadratha and killed them all
- Time was growing short. Kalayavana was already besieging Mathura from all sides, and it was expected that the day after next, Jarasandha would also come, equipped with the same number of divisions of soldiers as in his previous seventeen attempts
- To please King Yudhisthira, Lord Krsna remained in the city of Hastinapura for several months. During His stay, He enjoyed strolling here and there. He used to drive on chariots with Arjuna, and many warriors and soldiers used to follow them
- Uddhava said, "Jarasandha will be very difficult to conquer when he stands with his aksauhini divisions of soldiers. We may therefore adopt a policy more favorable to the situation"
- Uddhava said, "The best thing would be for Bhimasena to fight alone with him (Jarasandha). Then there would be no unnecessary killing of many soldiers"
- Under the order of Banasura, the soldiers from all sides attempted to capture and arrest him. When they dared to come before him, Aniruddha struck them with the rod, breaking their heads, legs, arms and thighs, & one after another they fell to the ground
- Upon hearing this challenge, the Pathana soldiers became hesitant. Then suddenly Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu regained consciousness
- We are also individual, and God is also individual person. "And all the kings, all the soldiers assembled, they are also individual." So this individuality is never lost. Krsna says that "At present we are individuals, and in the past we are individuals
- What we have had to arrange with great endeavor by collecting elephants, horses, chariots and infantry soldiers has already been accomplished by the Gandharvas
- When all the soldiers of Jarasandha had been killed and he was the only one left alive, certainly he was very much depressed. Sri Balarama immediately arrested him with great strength, just as one lion captures another
- When Banasura saw that his soldiers and commanders had been defeated, his anger only increased. He thought it wise to stop fighting with Satyaki, Krsna's commander in chief, and instead directly attack Lord Krsna
- When he (Bali Maharaja) assembled with his own soldiers and the demon chiefs, who were equal to him in strength, opulence and beauty, they appeared as if they would swallow the sky and burn all directions with their vision
- When he (Bhaumasura) saw that all his soldiers, commanders and fighters had been killed on the battlefield by the strokes of the weapons of the Personality of Godhead, he became exceedingly angry at the Lord
- When Kalakanya, daughter of Time, attacked the body, the dangerous soldiers of the King of the Yavanas entered the city through different gates. They then began to give severe trouble to all the citizens
- When Kamsa came to understand about the breaking of his wonderful bow and the killing of the caretakers and soldiers by Krsna, he could partially realize the power of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When King Bhismaka heard that Krsna and Balarama had come, he invited Them to see the marriage ceremony of his daughter (Rukmini). Immediately he arranged to receive Them, along with Their soldiers, in a suitable garden house
- When Lord Siva heard that his soldiers had been driven away, he created the tall black demon Virabhadra to retaliate
- When Ravana, the king of the Raksasas, observed that his soldiers had been lost, he was extremely angry
- When Salva was killed, all his soldiers and followers cried, "Alas! Alas!" While Salva's men were thus crying, the demigods from the heavenly planets showered flowers on Krsna
- When the army of the enemy was full of soldiers, elephants and horses, Lord Parasurama proceeded into their midst at the speed of mind to kill them. When somewhat tired, he slowed down to the speed of wind and continued to kill the enemies vigorously
- When the city was endangered by the soldiers and Kalakanya, King Puranjana, being overly absorbed in affection for his family, was placed in difficulty by the attack of Yavana-raja and Kalakanya
- When the enemy, headed by Jarasandha, found that they were gradually being defeated by the soldiers of Krsna, they thought it unwise to risk losing their armies in the battle for the sake of Sisupala
- When the soldiers saw that Sisupala was not competent to fight with Krsna, they decided not to lose their armies unnecessarily; therefore they ceased fighting and dispersed
- When the vital force within the body becomes weak, the body itself also becomes weak. At such a time the death symptoms - that is, the dangerous soldiers of death's superintendent, Yamaraja - begin to attack very severely
- While Krsna was dealing with Rukmi in this way, the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty, commanded by Balarama Himself, broke the whole strength of Rukmi's army just as an elephant in a pond discards the feeble stem of a lotus flower
- While the Lord was unconscious, ten cavalry soldiers belonging to the Muslim Pathana military order rode up and dismounted
- While the soldiers attacked on the surface, the airplane began to drop big slabs of stone, tree trunks, thunderbolts, poisonous snakes and many other dangerous things
- While this magical atmosphere in the fight was being created by the invisible demons, who were expert in such illusions, the soldiers of the demigods became morose
- With many soldiers, He (Krsna) approached that part of the country, known as Ayodhya, making a regular state visit
- Without guidance, all of Banasura's soldiers scattered here and there