Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Infantry"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- A royal procession like that of Maharaja Pariksit surrounded by well-decorated chariots, cavalry, elephants, infantry and band not only is pleasing to the eyes, but also is a sign of a civilization that is aesthetic even on the fighting front
- All of them (the great heroes of Dvaraka) were maha-rathis, great warriors able to fight with thousands of men. All were fully equipped with necessary weapons and assisted by hundreds and thousands of charioteers, elephants, horses and infantry soldiers
- All the horses fell, their necks severed, and the chariots fell also, along with their flags and the fighters and drivers on the chariots. Almost all the infantry soldiers fell on the field of battle, their heads, hands and legs cut off
- He (Jarasandha) began to make extensive arrangements to attack the kingdom of Mathura with his innumerable military phalanxes, consisting of many thousands of chariots, horses, elephants and infantry soldiers
- He (Krsna) took His arrows from their quiver, and one after another He set them on the bowstring and shot them toward the enemy. They were so accurate that the elephants, horses and infantry soldiers of Jarasandha were quickly killed
- He (Rukmi) called for his own soldiers - a military phalanx consisting of several thousand elephants, horses, chariots and infantry - and equipped with this military strength, he began to follow Krsna to Dvaraka
- Salva thus attacked the city of Dvaraka from the sky, and he also surrounded the city by a large number of infantry. The soldiers on the surface attacked the beautiful spots of the city
- Similarly, other animals, such as camels, elephants and asses, as well as infantry soldiers, all fell with severed heads
- The elephants, chariots, horses and infantry belonging to the opposite party were scattered by the weapons of Krsna. Indeed, the whole battlefield became strewn with smashed chariots and the bodies of men and animals
- The elephants, horses, chariots, charioteers, infantry soldiers and various kinds of carriers, along with their riders, were slashed to pieces
- The hands and legs of the infantry soldiers floated just like different kinds of fish, the hair of the soldiers floated like seaweed and moss, and the floating bows of the soldiers resembled waves of the river
- The infantry soldiers passing on the streets were profusely decorated with golden ornaments, and horses and golden chariots plied along the streets
- The procession of elephants, horses, chariots and infantry was very crowded; some of the girls, being unable to see properly in the crowd, got up on the roofs of the houses
- The roads and streets of the city of Dvaraka were always crowded with elephants, horses, chariots and infantry soldiers
- The word aksauhini refers to a military phalanx consisting of 21,870 chariots and elephants, 109,350 infantry soldiers and 65,610 horses
- This time, Jarasandha thought that Krsna and Balarama were very much afraid of his military strength and were fleeing the battlefield. He followed Them with all his chariots, horses and infantry