slaughterhouse | slaughterhouses | "slaughter-house" | "slaughter house" | "slaughter houses"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Cow Slaughter (15 P)
Pages in category "Slaughterhouse"
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total.
- Slaughterhouse (CC and other books)
- Slaughterhouse (Conversations, 1967 - 1973)
- Slaughterhouse (Conversations, 1974 - 1975)
- Slaughterhouse (Conversations, 1976 - 1977)
- Slaughterhouse (Lectures, BG)
- Slaughterhouse (Lectures, other)
- Slaughterhouse (Lectures, SB)
- Slaughterhouse (Letters)
- Slaughterhouse (SB Cantos 1 - 3)
- Slaughterhouse (SB Cantos 4 - 12)
- Because Christ ate fish, therefore we should maintain big, big slaughterhouse? Is that good reasoning?
- Closing the slaughterhouses
- For eating, let there be slaughterhouse and eat meat. And to digest meat, you drink wine. This is being taught
- For the animal-eaters, the scriptures have sanctioned restricted animal sacrifices only, and such sanctions are there just to restrict the opening of slaughterhouses and not to encourage animal-killing
- Formerly there was no slaughterhouse
- Jesus Christ, Christianity and the slaughterhouse
- Maintaining slaughterhouses
- Organized slaughterhouses
- The government shouldn't allow you to keep slaughterhouses
- A Krishna Conscious person does not encroach upon the right of other living beings, as such they do not approve organized slaughterhouses for killing animals
- A small piece of meat they are eating, not very much. But for these small pieces, so many population, huge quantity of slaughterhouse is being maintained
- All right. You kill and meat. Why you are maintaining slaughterhouse? Is that Jesus Christ's instruction, rascal? Thousands of slaughterhouse you are maintaining under the order of Jesus Christ? So they are rascals
- Apart from this killing process within the embryo, there is also killing process in the slaughterhouse and in so many ways
- Are not the animals of a country citizens also? Then why are they allowed to be butchered in organized slaughterhouses? Are these the signs of equality, fraternity and nonviolence?
- As long as human society continues to allow cows to be regularly killed in slaughterhouses, there cannot be any question of peace and prosperity
- At the present day not only are animals killed in the name of sacrifice, but the killing of animals has increased enormously because of the increasing number of slaughterhouses
- For illicit sex he must arrange for money for brothels, for meat-eating he must arrange for many slaughterhouses, for gambling he must arrange for casinos and hotels, and for intoxication he must open many breweries
- For the last two thousand years, they could not change that policy. And they are claiming "civilized" They could not follow Jesus Christ's instruction. It is two thousand years. And they are maintaining slaughterhouse. Hmm? What do you think?
- He (Vyomasura) was immediately thrown to the ground with great force and killed, just as an animal is killed in the slaughterhouse. After killing the Vyoma demon, Lord Krsna released all His friends from the caves of the mountain
- Here in the material world everyone has come to get the best profit, without considering profit for others. Others may go to hell. "Others, let them go to the slaughterhouse. I must satisfy my tongue." That is material world
- Hundreds and thousands of animals are killed in slaughterhouses, and no one cares about them, but the killing of even one human being is taken very seriously. Why? Because the human form of body is extremely important in executing the mission of life
- If a civilized man kills animals regularly in a slaughterhouse to maintain his so-called civilization, using scientific methods and machines to kill animals, one cannot even estimate the suffering awaiting him
- If the Krsna consciousness movement spreads, the so-called businessmen will have to close their slaughterhouses, breweries and cigarette factories. Therefore they are also very much afraid
- If the ksatriyas, they want to eat meat, they can be allowed on particular occasions. But they must go to the forest and kill the animal. Not that for meat-eating regular slaughterhouses should be maintained. This is all nonsense, degradation
- If the slaughterhouse are closed, then immediately seventy-five-percent meat-eating will be stopped. They maintain slaughterhouse, that is the most sinful activity
- If there is enough milk, enough grains, enough fruit, enough cotton, enough silk and enough jewels, then why do the people need cinemas, houses of prostitution, slaughterhouses, etc
- If there were one government on the surface of the earth to handle the distribution of grain, there would be no question of scarcity, no necessity to open slaughterhouses, and no need to present false theories about over-population
- If we have sufficient grains, fruits, vegetables and herbs, then what is the necessity of running a slaughterhouse and killing poor animals? A man need not kill an animal if he has sufficient grains and vegetables to eat
- If you are thinking of universal way, how you can give protection to a human being born in America, and send a cow to the slaughterhouse. What is your reason?
- If you go on killing in the mosque, some day you may come to your sense, that you are a rascal; you are becoming responsible. But if you open slaughterhouse, that sense will never come
- If you maintain slaughterhouses then you have to suffer the consequence, because in the law of nature, there is no distinction between one life to another
- In a slaughterhouse the butchers certainly get money easily, but such business is not based on religious principles. Similarly, there are many nightclubs for sense gratification and brothels for sex
- In cases of emergency, one may be allowed to live on the flesh of animals of all description, but that does not mean that there should be regular slaughterhouses to feed the animal-eaters and that this system should be encouraged by the state
- In Kali-yuga, due to the increase of the modes of passion and ignorance, almost all men are asuric, or demoniac; therefore they are very much fond of eating flesh, and for this end they maintain various kinds of animal slaughterhouses
- In the Bhagavad-gita, it is said that the vaisyas are meant to deal in agriculture, cow protection and trade. In the age of Kali, the degraded vaisyas, the mercantile men, are engaged in supplying cows to slaughterhouses
- In the Christian religion also, a principal commandment is "Thou shalt not kill." Nevertheless, Christians violate this rule; they are very expert in killing and in opening slaughterhouses
- In the Vedic civilization, meat-eaters are advised to kill an animal for the goddess Kali or a similar demigod. This is in order not to give the animal unnecessary pain, as slaughterhouses do
- In your country the dog is protected, & the cow is killed. The dog is passing stool & urine in the street, he is considered the best friend of man, & the cow is all pure, stool, urine, and milk, but they are taken to the slaughter house & killed for food
- Many businessmen are also dissatisfied because we teach our students to abandon intoxication, meat-eating, illicit sex and gambling. If the Krsna consciousness movement spreads, the so-called businessmen will have to close their slaughterhouses
- Materialistic, godless leaders will never be able to do any good for the ignorant souls who follow them like a flock of sheep to the slaughterhouse
- Materially opulent men, being puffed up with the accumulation of wealth, also become so merciless that they indulge in killing animals by opening slaughterhouses. And they think that they themselves will never die
- Meat-eating allowed also: "All right. Just offer a goat before Kali and take that." Not purchase from the market or slaughterhouse. No. So these things are there just to gradually make him refrain from all these habits. Nivrtti. This is Vedic
- Men are engaging in many sinful activities and becoming degraded by opening slaughterhouses, breweries and cigarette factories, as well as nightclubs and other establishments for sense enjoyment. In this way they are spoiling their lives
- Nanda Maharaja said, "Kamsa's protection is just like the slaughterhouse keeper’s protection of animals he will kill in the future. He is so selfish that he has killed the sons of his own sister"
- Nature therefore creates a wholesale slaughterhouse in war, to cut throat all - finished. Many millions and millions are finished
- Not free slaughterhouse. That you cannot do. Undergoing that process (sacrificing an animal before some demigod), some day he will come to his senses that "Meat-eating and killing of animal is not good"
- Not from the slaughterhouse. Those who are ksatriyas, they can, they're allowed sometimes to eat meat. It is understood Bhima, Bhima also eating sometimes meat. Bhima. Amongst the Pandavas, only Bhima. Not others
- Now this question may be raised why are so many cows being killed in the slaughterhouse
- Now we are very much enthusiastic to become good nationals. Suppose I am American, a very good national. Now, after death, suppose that if I become a cow. Then even I am national of this country, oh, I am destined to be sent to the slaughterhouse
- Nowhere is it said that one can maintain a slaughterhouse in the name of temple worship and daily kill animals unnecessarily
- Offering sacrifice before goddess Kali, that is also a restriction of meat-eating. You cannot eat meat by purchasing from the slaughterhouse. Oh, that is not recommended. If you want to eat meat, then you just sacrifice one goat
- One cannot continue killing animals and at the same time be a religious man. That is the greatest hypocrisy. Jesus Christ said, "Do not kill," but hypocrites nevertheless maintain thousands of slaughterhouses while posing as Christians
- People have given up all this restriction. Now they are regularly opening wine distilleries and slaughterhouses and indulging in drinking alcohol and eating flesh
- Presently there are many hundreds and thousands of slaughterhouses throughout the world that are maintained by a puffed-up population mad for material opulence. Such activities are never supported by the Bhagavata school
- Should not a king or executive head protect the lives of the poor animals who are unable to defend themselves? Is this humanity? Are not the animals of a country citizens also? Then why are they allowed to be butchered in organized slaughterhouses?
- Since he (Pariksit Maharaja) was king for the all-around welfare of his citizens, he was always busy in the welfare work of the public, not only for this life, but also for the next. He would not allow slaughterhouses or killing of cows
- Sometimes during war, soldiers keep their enemies in concentration camps and kill them in very cruel ways. These are reactions brought about by unrestricted animal-killing in the slaughterhouse and by hunters in the forest
- That people are raising cattle to send to the slaughterhouse is a great sin. By this demoniac enterprise, people are ruining their chance for a truly human life
- The animal sacrifice as stated in the Vedas is different from the unrestricted animal killing in the slaughterhouse
- The animals, as soon as they are fatty and grown up, they are sent to the slaughterhouse. This business is going on. So why there should not be crisis in food grain and crisis in human...?
- The devotees are pained to see the hunting and killing of animals in the forest, the wholesale slaughter of animals in the slaughterhouses, and the exploitation of young girls in brothels that function under different names as clubs and societies
- The dog is passing stool and urine in the street, and he is considered the best friend of man; the cow is all pure, stool, urine and milk, but they are taken to the slaughter house and killed for food
- The Europeans have invented tractors, and the bull is a problem. Therefore they must be sent to the slaughterhouse. So we can not create that problem. How the bull should be utilized? They should be used for transport and plowing
- The government shouldn't allow you to keep slaughterhouses. If anyone wants to eat meat, let them eat like tigers and others
- The government shouldn't allow you to keep slaughterhouses. If anyone wants to eat meat, let them eat like tigers and others. Individually, kill one animal - a lower animal, not cows. This should be the government law
- The illusioned king or executive head, even though sometimes advertised as a great philosopher and learned scholar, will allow slaughterhouses in the state without knowing that torturing poor animals clears the way to hell
- The mass of people should be educated. Just like we are educating, "No meat-eating." So automatically the meat-selling, slaughterhouse will be stopped
- The modern educational institutions are different grades of slaughter houses. If you can open an ideal institution for the future children of our associates, it will be a great service
- The modern educational system without any knowledge of Bhagavan, I may tell you frankly, not only in India, everywhere, they are practically slaughterhouse
- The Mohammedans also say that you can kill in the mosque, one animal. But not slaughterhouse
- The Muslims, they also cannot eat meat unless it is sacrificed in the mosque. There is no recommendation that you purchase from the market and the animal be slaughtered in the slaughterhouse
- The other meaning of the word (pasu-ghna) refers to those who are actually killing animals. This means persons who are animal-eaters, for they are all engaged in killing animals, such as hunting & opening slaughterhouses
- The real purpose of a sacrifice was not to replace a slaughterhouse but to test a Vedic mantra by giving an animal new life. Animals were used to test the power of Vedic mantras, not for meat
- The sacrifice of a goat or a similar animal before the goddess Kali is mentioned in sastras just to keep people from eating slaughterhouse meat and becoming responsible for the killing of animals
- The same mentality is involved in trying to blow-up a slaughterhouse as is there in meat-eating. Such things will not stop people from unnecessary animal slaughter
- The tigers eat meat, but they do not keep a slaughterhouse
- The whole system of education is geared to sense gratification, and if a learned man thinks it over, he sees that the children of this age are being intentionally sent to the slaughterhouses of so-called education
- There is no mention of mills and factories supported by slaughterhouses, which are the necessary paraphernalia of the modern metropolis
- There is sometimes agitation against cruelty to animals, but at the same time regular slaughterhouses are always maintained. A Vaisnava is not like that. A Vaisnava can never support animal slaughter or even give pain to any living entity
- They (animal sacrifices) are so recommended to discourage flesh-eating, but gradually the purpose of such religious activities is forgotten, and the slaughterhouse becomes prominent
- They are thinking that "We are not going to slaughterhouse to kill. They kill; we purchase"
- This is (slaughterhouse becomes prominent) because foolish materialistic men do not care to listen to others who are actually in a position to explain the Vedic rites
- This is the most exalted qualification, to become well-wisher of all living entities, not that we open hospitals for the human being and we send the cows to the slaughterhouse or poor animals should be slaughtered
- This is very nice argument, that in the jungle there are carnivorous animals, but they don't maintain slaughterhouse. Neither they attack unless they are hungry
- Those who are a little religious kill animals in temples, mosques or synagogues, and those who are more fallen maintain various slaughterhouses
- Those who are killing cows, maintaining slaughterhouse, they are lowest of the mankind. They are not human being. Less than animal. They have no gratitude
- To live in the forest is in the mode of goodness, and to live in the city, or town, is in the mode of passion, and to live in slaughterhouse and brothel and drunkards, these are the residential quarter in ignorance
- To serve human beings by medical aid, social help and educational facilities while at the same time cutting the throats of poor animals in slaughterhouses is no service at all to the soul, the living being
- We are glad that people are taking interest in the nonviolent movement of Lord Buddha. But will they take the matter very seriously and close the animal slaughterhouses altogether?
- We are not after the office; we are after educating people. Yes. Even if you go to office, you cannot do. Even if give manifesto, that you will stop slaughterhouse, and you are elected a senator, you cannot stop. Because they are majority there
- We are willingly, against the principle of religion that "Thou shalt not kill," we have opened so many thousands of slaughterhouse, giving a nonsense theory that the animal has no soul. Just see the fun
- We don't say that you stop eating meat. You eat meat, but don't take it from slaughterhouse
- What is the use of this industry, slaughterhouse? You get these, all these things. Have enough food grains, enough milk, enough fruits, enough vegetables, clear, nice river water. There is, there is no need of constructing water works. Why?
- When animals are killed in a slaughterhouse, six people connected with the killing are responsible for the murder
- When he entered the house to kill Satrajit, all the women there cried very loudly, but in spite of their great protests, Satadhanva mercilessly butchered Satrajit without hesitation, exactly as a butcher kills an animal in the slaughterhouse
- When Lord Buddha appeared, the people in general were atheistic and preferred animal flesh to anything else. On the plea of Vedic sacrifice, every place was practically turned into a slaughterhouse, and animal-killing was indulged in unrestrictedly
- When people are demoniac in spirit, they are not merciful toward the poor animals. Consequently, they maintain various animal slaughterhouses. This is technically called suna, or himsa, which means the killing of living beings
- When there will be question of meat eating, or supporting the slaughterhouse, both of them will agree. So the present situation is reaction of man's sinful activities
- When you come to the daivi sampat, then you understand that we all are brothers, universal brotherhood. Not that "The American is my brother, and the American cows are not my brother. Let them go to the slaughterhouse." This is all defective understanding
- When you take the animal to the slaughterhouse for killing, he cries. Why? Because he's feeling pain. He knows that "I'm going to be killed." So there is soul. Soul is there
- Why are there slaughterhouses all over the world to kill innocent animals?
- Why they should maintain slaughterhouse, and do not think that they are not sinful, and still they want to be happy without caring for God? That is lack of brain
- Without Vedic restrictions on the purchase of meat, people will purchase meat from the market, which will be overflooded with meat shops, and slaughterhouses will increase
- Yes. That if you want to eat meat and chicken, then you first of all sacrifice before their deity. So at least they'll be restricted from eating meat purchased from slaughterhouse
- You are doing humanitarian work and sending so many animals, thousands of animals, to the slaughterhouse. What is this?
- You are maintaining so many slaughterhouses, and when it will be mature, there will be war, the wholesale murder
- You are very much anxious to give service to the humanity, but you are sending animals to the slaughterhouse. Why?
- You can kill one insignificant animal, like pigs or goats. It has not very much use. You kill it in your home, before your children and family, and eat. The government may not have any objection. But why should you maintain slaughterhouses?
- You cannot maintain slaughterhouse in the human society and at the same time you want peace
- You may love humanity, but because you do not love Krsna, therefore you do not love the cows; you send them to slaughterhouse. So your love will remain defective. It will never be complete. And if you love Krsna, then you will love even the small ant