sir | sirs
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya As a Sir (13 P)
Pages in category "Sir"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total.
- A Vaisnava is praying guru: "Sir, you are devotee of Krsna. You can give me Krsna if you like." This is the position of sisya
- After hearing the arguments and talks of Caitanya, all the Mayavadi sannyasis who were present became pacified and replied with sweet words: Dear sir, what You have spoken is all true. A person who attains love of Godhead is certainly very fortunate
- After hearing these sweet words from the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the form of a fish, the King, being bewildered, asked Him: Who are You, sir? You simply bewilder us
- After receiving the orders of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Yogamaya twice confirmed her acceptance by saying, "Yes, sir, I shall do as You order," & then saying om. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that om signifies Vedic confirmation
- And if there is no rain, what factory will do, you rascal? You can manufacture scissors and knives and buckets of plastic, but you cannot prepare rice and wheat. That is not possible, sir. That will depend on rain
- Another meat-eater said, 'Sir, please hear me. Since the day I joked with some Hindus in this way, my tongue chants the Hare Krsna hymn and cannot give it up. I do not know what mystic hymns and herbal potions these Hindus know
- Approaching him with great humility, Vallabha Bhatta said, "I have taken shelter of you, my dear sir. Kindly be merciful to me and save my life"
- Approaching the King of the Yavanas, Kalakanya addressed him as a great hero, saying: My dear sir, you are the best of the untouchables. I am in love with you, and I want you as my husband. I know that no one is baffled if he makes friends with you
- At the beginning of Srimad-Bhagavatam the sages of Naimisaranya asked, My dear Sir, kindly tell us whether the principles of religion have gone with the Lord, after His departure for His own abode. How can we find such principles after His departure
- At this time, Srivasa Thakura smiled and told Svarupa Damodara, "My dear sir, please hear! Just see how opulent my goddess of fortune is"
- Bhakti, or devotional service is not such a thing which can be checked. "Sir, I was feeling very sick, therefore I could not chant." No, that is not bhakti. We are subjected to all these tribulations utterly
- Bhima was sent to call them (the disciples of Durvasa Muni) from the river. Bhima said, Why are you delaying, sirs? Come on, the food is ready for you
- Bhisma, the great valiant grandsire of the Kuru dynasty, the grandfather of the fighters, blew his conchshell very loudly, making a sound like the roar of a lion, giving Duryodhana joy
- Caitanya protested against being called the Supreme Lord, and He said, My dear sir, I am an ordinary living entity. I cannot know the real meaning of Vedanta-sutra, but Vyasadeva, who is an incarnation of Narayana, knows its real meaning
- Communist dictating, "You, sir, render service to me," and the capitalist dictating, "Give me service, sir." But Krsna says, "No. No service to this, no service..." Sarva-dharman parityajya: "You simply give your service to Me
- He (the poor brahmana) therefore returned and asked Sanatana Gosvami, Sir, if this is the best benediction, why did you keep it with the garbage?
- He told the brahmana, "My dear sir, I belong to the dynasty of Kusa. Because we are aristocratic ksatriyas, you have to give some dowry for my daughter"
- He was very submissive and meek, and immediately after his birth he bowed down and inquired, "Sirs, what shall I do?" The great sages replied, "Please sit down (nisida)." Thus Nisada, the father of the Naisada race, was born
- I prayed like that in Sydney, I can't do anything good to them. But somehow or other I have brought them to You Sir. Now You make them Krsna conscious. Otherwise, how can I do anything? It is beyond my power
- If I say, "Dear sir, you have millions of dollars at your disposal. That is Krsna's money. Give it to me. I am Krsna's servant." Oh, he'll... He will not be very satisfied
- If in the high-court, if somebody pleads, "Sir, I have got my own law," Mr. Justice will not accept. So similarly, dharma you cannot manufacture
- If you enter anyone's house without permission, he can kill you. This is the law. And every door, there is signboard: "Beware of the dogs." So it is not possible to go and beg, "Sir, give us something
- If you instruct a rascal, he'll be angry. - Therefore we go as beggars: "My dear sir, you are a very nice man. I'm a sannyasi beggar, so I want to construct a temple. Can you spare some money?" So he will think, - Oh, here is a beggar. Give him some money
- In 1969 I was guest in the house of John Lennon in London. So there was a ghost in... It was a big plot. There was a guest house. So they complained, "Sir, here is ghost." So I advised them to chant Hare Krsna, and the ghost went away
- In a friendly way, the Lord said, "Sir, I have come to your house as your guest, but upon seeing Me you hid yourself in your room. What kind of etiquette is this?"
- In Bombay there are so many karmis, working very, very hard. If you want to see him, "No, sir, no, I have no time." What you are doing? "Working." What are you eating? "Four capatis. That's all." Why four capatis you are working so hard?
- In relation to the Supreme Lord, all beings are to be respected. Therefore a devotee refers to others as "prabhu," meaning "My dear sir, my dear lord." Submissiveness is a qualification for a devotee of the Lord
- In this way Sanatana Gosvami convinced the jailkeeper, who replied, "Please hear me, my dear sir. I am willing to release you, but I am afraid of the government"
- In Western countries they sleep twelve o'clock. As soon as there was kirtana, half-naked he used to come in New York. He used to complain, Mr. Chudy, "Oh, it is..." "Mr. Chudy, sir, I cannot do anything. You request them"
- Lord Buddha propagated, "Yes, there is no God. But what I say, you follow." "Yes, sir." But he is God. This is cheating. Yes. They do not believe in God, but they believe in Buddha, and Buddha is God
- Lord Caitanya protested against being called the Supreme Lord: "My dear sir, I am an ordinary living entity. I cannot know the real meaning of the Vedanta-sutra, but Vyasadeva, who is an incarnation of Narayana, knows its real meaning"
- Mukunda Datta then told the Muslim governor, "My dear sir, please hear. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wishes to go to the bank of the Ganges"
- My dear sir (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya), the Lord replied. As far as the Vedanta-sutra or the codes of Vedanta are concerned, I can understand the meaning quite well. However, I cannot understand your explanations
- My dear sir, - the youth said, "you are an old man just like my father. It is my duty to serve you. I don't require any reward." "No, I'm obliged to you, and I must reward you," the old man insisted
- My dear sir, I do not know what is good composition and what is bad. But whatever I have spoken must be understood to have been spoken by mother Sarasvati
- My dear sir, I have one desire. Please be merciful to me by kindly placing your feet upon my head so that the dust on your feet may touch it
- My dear sir, kindly accept me and be merciful toward me, for it is a characteristic of all saintly persons to be kind toward the poor and fallen
- My dear sirs, there is no need to ask about your good and bad fortune because you are always absorbed in spiritual bliss. The mental concoction of the auspicious and inauspicious does not exist in you
- Nanda Maharaja submitted with gentle and submissive words: Dear sir (Garga Muni), because you are a devotee, you are full in everything. Yet my duty is to serve you. Kindly order me. What can I do for you - SB 10.8.3
- Next item is maitra, friendliness. A devotee should be friendly to everyone, but his intimate friendship should be with devotees only. With others he should be official. He may say, "Yes, sir, what you say is all right," but he is not intimate with them
- Oh, yes sir, I shall give you whatever you like," the hunter said. If you want some animal skins, come to my house. I have many skins of animals, including tigers and deer. I shall give you whatever you like
- On hearing this statement from Pradyumna, the woman, Rati, replied, "My dear sir, you are the son of Lord Krsna. Before you were ten days old, you were stolen by the Sambara demon and later thrown into the water and swallowed by a fish"
- One day the king asked him, "Gopala, what is the difference between you and an ass?" So he immediately measured the distance from the king. He said, "It is three feet only, sir. The difference is only three feet." So everyone began to laugh
- One man is kicking on your face, and you are saying: "Yes, in future, when I shall become strong, I shall kick him." But you are, my dear sir, being kicked now. What you are doing now? "Yes, I'm getting strength by your kicking"
- One may try to leave Him, but He is not going to leave you. Once come, "No, sir, you cannot go out." Just like our Ajamila. He was devotee in the beginning, and later on, by bad association of prostitute, he fell. But Krsna took him at the end
- One should obey the command of his father or spiritual master with due deference, saying, "Yes, sir"
- Prahlada Maharaja, when he was ordered by the Lord to take some benediction, he said that "I am not a merchant, Sir, that by giving You some service I'll take some return. Please excuse me." Nrsimha-deva was very much satisfied: "Here is a pure devotee"
- Prakasananda Sarasvati asked Caitanya: My dear Sir, why are You sitting in that filthy place? Please come and sit with us
- Sanatana Gosvami informed him (the poor brahmana), Actually, this is not the best benediction. But are you prepared to take the best benediction from me? The brahmana said, Yes, sir. Lord Siva has sent me to you for the best benediction
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "My dear Sir, You have delivered the entire world, but that is not a very great task. However, You have also delivered me, and that is certainly the work of very wonderful powers
- Science means that you advance in knowledge so that your miserable condition of life can be reduced, minimized. That is science. Otherwise, what is this science? They are simply promising; "In future." "But what you are delivering just now, sir?"
- Seeing the saintly person to be quite fat, Prahlada Maharaja said: My dear sir, you undergo no endeavor to earn your livelihood, but you have a stout body, exactly like that of a materialistic enjoyer
- Seeing the situation (empty throne of heavenly kingdom), Brahma came to earth and addressed the hog - My dear sir, you have become a hog on this planet earth. I have come to deliver you. Come with me at once
- Servant of desire means just like the street dog. He is also desiring: 'If these gentleman will accept me as his dog?' But he is going there, and he is driven away: 'Hut Hut.' He is going to some house, moving his tail, 'My dear sir, will you give me'
- Sir, you are directly Narayana. Therefore please be merciful unto Me. Deliver Me from this material bondage
- Sir, You are living within a society of great, great brahmanas and aristocrats, but without fear or shame You adore a lower-class man like me
- Sir, you are the ruler of this town. Whether Hindu or Muslim, everyone is under your protection. Therefore please call Nimai Pandita and make Him leave the town
- Sivananda Sena replied, Yes, sir. Raghunatha dasa is with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and is a very famous man. Who does not know him
- So if somebody will complain, "Sir, your this servant is stealing like this," he would be very angry. The man who complains, he will be angry upon him, "Why do you come and complain?"
- Soldier, when comes home, if he kills one man, he is hanged. Why? He can say in the court, "Sir, when I was fighting in the battlefield, I killed many. I got medal. And why you are hanging me now?" "Because you have done for your own sense gratification
- Somebody wants to become sir, lord, the president, or rich man, king. Because after all these designations belong to the body & we are not this body. This is the first conception of spiritual realization. So one has no attraction for designation
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied to Prakasananda Sarasvati, "My dear sir, kindly hear the reason. My spiritual master considered Me a fool, and therefore he chastised Me"
- Svarupa Damodara said to the fisherman, "My dear sir, the person you are thinking is a ghost is not actually a ghost but is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- The beautiful girl was the river Yamuna personified. She replied (to Arjuna), "Sir, I am the daughter of the sun-god, and I am now performing penance and austerity to have Lord Visnu as my husband"
- The charioteer of Pradyumna replied, "My dear sir, I wish a long life for you. I think that I did nothing wrong, for it is the duty of the charioteer to help the fighter in the chariot when he is in a precarious condition"
- The charioteer replied, "My dear sir (Pradyumna), you are completely competent in the battlefield. But it is the duty of the charioteer and the warrior to protect each other in a precarious condition"
- The girl (Kalindi) continued: "My dear sir, I know that you are the hero Arjuna; so I may further say that I shall not accept anyone as my husband besides Lord Visnu, because He is the only protector of all living entities"
- The grandsire of the Kuru dynasty (Bhisma) could understand the inner meaning of the heart of his grandson Duryodhana, and out of his natural compassion for him he tried to cheer him by blowing his conchshell very loudly, as a lion. BG 1972 purports
- The hunter continued, 'My dear sir, please tell me how I can be relieved from the reactions of my sinful life. Now I fully surrender unto you and fall down at your lotus feet. Please deliver me from sinful reactions'
- The hunter replied, 'My dear sir, what are you asking of me? What is wrong with the animals' lying there half-killed? Will you please explain this to me
- The hunter replied: My dear sir (Narada Muni), from my very childhood I have been taught to kill animals in this way (half-killing an animal). Please tell me how I can get rid of all the offenses and sinful activities which I have accumulated
- The hunter said to Narada Muni: My dear sir, what are you asking of me? What is the difference between half-killing an animal and killing it completely
- The hunter then said, 'My dear sir, whatever you say I shall do.' Narada immediately ordered him, 'First of all, break your bow. Then I shall tell you what is to be done'
- The jnanis, they are very much proud that they are advanced in knowledge and renouncing, but if somebody asks, "Sir, what you are renouncing?" "This world." "All right. When this world became your property that you are renouncing?"
- The lion asked the jackal: 'So who are you, sir?' 'I am sent by God to rule over you.' 'Oh' So they began to worship him as God, as leader. Then one day other jackals, they were crying, 'Wa, wa', but the jackals cannot stop. If others jackals cry
- The Lord (Caitanya) praised him (Kesava Kasmiri), saying, "Sir, there is no greater poet than you in the entire world"
- The mendicant replied, "Sir, you are a respectable gentleman. Why are you joking with me? Why would you trade your valuable blanket for my torn quilt"
- They (the counselors of Kamsa) were not very experienced or learned, they began to give instructions to Kamsa as follows, Dear sir, let us now make arrangements to kill all children who were born within the last ten days in all towns, counties & villages
- This is preaching. Flatter, fall down on his feet, and eulogize him, as great intelligent, great rich. then he may little hear. And when he says, "What do you want?" "Now, (laughter) I want this, sir. Whatever rascaldom you have learned, please forget
- Those who are not accustomed, they'll become mad simply by chanting. It's difficult. You cannot imitate Haridasa Thakura, that "Now I shall go in a secluded place and chant Hare Krsna." It is not possible, sir
- Uddhava tells Vidura, "My dear sir, Krsna's form was most wonderful when He appeared on this planet and exhibited the potency of His internal energy"
- Upadhi means designation. So somebody, if gives me title, Sir Anatole, or this or that, oh, I become very happy: "Oh, I have got this 'sir' title." But I forget that this is my designation. It will exist so long I have got this body
- Upon hearing this (request of Nanda Maharaja), the palmist began to smile, and Nanda Maharaj asked him, "My dear sir, why are you laughing, and why are you covering your face?"
- We don't bother whether one is converted or not in Krsna consciousness. Our duty is to flatter, That's all. "My dear sir, please come here, see Krsna's Deity, offer namaskara, take prasada, and go home."
- We go, "My dear sir, we have got these books to understand Krsna, the Supreme Lord. So you kindly read this book. You will be benefited." "Ah, what is God? Who is God? I am God. Go away." This is demonism
- When the astrologer was speaking so highly of Him, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stopped him and began to smile. "My dear sir," He said, "I think you do not know very clearly what I was, for I know that in My previous birth I was a cowherd boy
- When the Mayavadi sannyasis asked Caitanya why He did not study the Vedanta-sutra, the Lord replied, Dear sirs, you have asked why I do not study Vedanta, and in answer to this I would speak something, but I am afraid that you would be sorry to hear it
- When the order carriers of Yamaraja, the son of the sun-god, were thus forbidden, they replied: Who are you, sirs, that have the audacity to challenge the jurisdiction of Yamaraja?
- Why India is fallen down? Because the so-called rascals, they are claiming that "I am brahmana." But what is our occupation, sir? "Oh, I am serving as a coolie." Is that brahmana's business?
- With gentle behavior, he (the hunter) asked Narada: My dear sir, why have you come here while I am hunting? Have you strayed from the general path? Because you have come here, all the animals in my traps have fled
- You ask Krsna, "Sir, my business is hari-tosanam. So how can I satisfy You?"
- Your four long arms are decorated with bows & quivers of arrows & with swords, clubs, conchshells, discs and lotus flowers. Your effulgence has dissipated the darkness of this place with extraordinary illumination. Now, sirs, why are you obstructing us?