Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
selection | selections
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
Pages in category "Selection"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- All living beings in the material world have taken up the risk of conditioned life by their own selection and are thus entrapped by the laws of material nature
- Although marriage by personal selection or by agreement took place in the past, we find no such thing as divorce by disagreement
- Arjuna's brothers were at that time living incognito under agreement with Duryodhana, and Arjuna and his brothers attended the meeting of Draupadi's selection in the dress of brahmanas
- Either you eat animal or vegetable, you eat some living entity. That is inevitable. You cannot avoid. Now it is the question of selection
- Enclosed please find herewith a copy of our latest issue of Back to Godhead containing the selection from Srimad-Bhagavatam as you had kindly suggested. We are making it a regular feature each month
- Exceptionally qualified daughters of powerful kings were allowed to make a choice of their own bridegrooms in open competition, and such ceremonies were called svayamvara, or personal selection of the bridegroom
- If the selected people of the world, combined together, they push this movement in India, then the whole program of the modern leaders will collapse. That's a fact. And that was my idea
- In response to this request (Saubhari Rsi went to King Mandhata and begged for one of the King's daughters), the King said, "O brahmaṇa, any of my daughters may accept any husband according to her personal selection"
- In the marriage selection assembly of Draupadi, Duryodhana had also been present, and along with other princes he had been very much captivated by the beauty of Draupadi, but he had failed to achieve her
- Mitravinda said, "My dear Draupadi, there was a great assembly of princes at my svayamvara ceremony (the personal selection of a husband). Lord Krsna was also present in that meeting, and He accepted me as His maidservant"
- My (Krsna's) dear daughter of the King of Vidarbha (Rukmini), I think you did not consider very sagaciously before your marriage. Thus you made a wrong selection by choosing Me as your husband
- Regarding initiation... we shall be very careful now in the selection of candidates for initiation and everything must be followed by them very strictly as we have instructed, then we shall see about initiation
- Regarding requirements & recommendations in the Vedic system of selecting partners for marriage. It cannot be done here. It should be made under the guidance of the guardians & the selection should be made on the basis of astrological equilibrium
- The daughters were asked separately to submit their selection of a husband who was famous for his acts and personality. The ultimate selection depended on the choice of the father
- The example of the boat disturbed by whirling wind is suitable in this respect. The diverted mind of the pantheist can never reach the perfection of self-realization, due to the disturbed condition of the selection of object
- The selection of spiritual (master) must be very scrutinizing. You cannot accept anyone as spiritual master. You must be very much satisfied that here is a person who can solve the problems of my life
- There are eight kinds of marriage, of which marriage by agreement is called gandharva marriage. Generally the parents select the husband or wife for their daughter or son, but gandharva marriage takes place by personal selection