select | selected | selecting | selects
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Caitanya's Selections (1 P)
- ► Election (1 C, 62 P)
- ► Krsna's Selections (7 P)
- ► Vote (1 C, 56 P)
Pages in category "Select"
The following 148 pages are in this category, out of 148 total.
- A compromise was selected by Arjuna by his sharp intelligence, and he separated the jewel from the head of Asvatthama. This was as good as cutting off his head, and yet his life was saved for all practical purposes
- A materialistic man asked me, "Why are you living in Vrndavana? Why have you selected such a dirty place to live after retiring?" Such a person cannot understand that the earthly Vrndavana-dhama is always a representation of the original Vrndavana-dhama
- A profusion of such selected words comes from a devotee who is fully absorbed in affection and love for the devotional service of the Lord
- A proper place and time is selected to receive a respectable personage
- A speech should be composed of selected words, very sweet to hear and appropriate to the situation. Such speech is called meaningful
- A Vaisnava brahmana is not selected on the basis of his birth but according to his qualities
- Absorbed in the thought of the transcendental qualities of the Lord (Krsna), who is glorified in select poetry, the ladies on the roofs of all the houses of Hastinapura began to talk of Him. This talk was more attractive than the hymns of the Vedas
- Acceptance of spiritual master must be selected, you see, after careful examination, just like one selects his bride or bridegroom after careful examination
- According to astrological calculation, a person is classified according to whether he belongs to the godly or demoniac quality. In that way the spouse was selected. A girl of godly quality should be handed over to a boy of godly quality
- After that, when she (Prtha) actually selected her own husband, she preferred Pandu to be her husband. Maharaja Pandu later wanted to retire from family life and adopt the renounced order of life
- All of them (Dhrtarastra, Bhisma, Vidura and Arjuna) knew that Laksmana was not at all inclined to select him (Samba) as her husband and that she was not given the chance to select her own husband; instead she was forcibly taken away by this boy
- Among the prostitutes, one attractive young girl was selected. She promised, "I shall attract the mind of Haridasa Thakura, within three days"
- Another name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is Uttamasloka, which means that He is offered prayers with selected verses
- Apparently, therefore, five thousand years ago there were many Ramayanas, or histories of Lord Ramacandra's activities, and there are many still. But we must select only those books written by tattva-darsis
- As you have suggested that someone from our institution be opted as a member of the Managing Committee., I have selected Sri Vishvambhar Dayala as well as myself. Both of us may be made members, and I shall give instructions through him
- At the end of Brahma's life, selected personalities go back home, back to Godhead. Dhruva Maharaja is one of them
- At the present moment the so-called executive heads are more or less selected from materially ambitious persons who simply look after their own personal interests; they have no knowledge of the sastras
- Because you are already acquainted with Krishna, I have no objection to accepting you as my disciple. Practically, I do not have any disciples; I select so many masters to train them in the service of the Lord
- Before marrying, one should select a wife of like disposition and not be enamored by so-called beauty or other attractive features for sense gratification
- Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Radharani
- By going out for sankirtana and selling books to the citizens at large, in this way we are gradually getting the support of everyone, not just a select few
- By subduing seven bulls whose noses were not pierced, the Lord achieved the hand of Princess Nagnijiti in the open competition to select her bridegroom
- By the karma-bandhana, we are transmigrating from one soul, one body to another. This is not Darwin's theory. I am the soul. I am changing, I am selecting my body, in this life. Not that by nature there is a, I mean to say, gradual evolution
- Daiva supervision gives us a body selected from 8,400,000 forms; the choice does not depend on our selection, but is awarded to us according to our destiny
- During the assembly for selecting her husband, Krsna was present, and He forcibly carried away Mitravinda in the presence of all the other royal princes
- During the reign of the third Manu, Pramada and other sons of Vasistha became the seven sages. The Satyas, Vedasrutas and Bhadras became demigods, and Satyajit was selected to be Indra, the King of heaven
- Each and every mantra has its own spiritual significance. The spiritual master has to select a mantra for his disciple according to the disciple's ability to chant different mantras
- Either you select Buddha or Lenin or somebody else, you have to accept one leader and follow
- Enmity always blazed in Rukmi's heart because of his having been insulted by Krsna's kidnapping of his sister, Rukmini, Rukmi could not resist consenting to the marriage ceremony just to please Rukmini when his daughter selected Pradyumna as her husband
- Even if we do not accept God, if we do not accept the leadership of God, we have to select another leader. We cannot get rid of this principle, that we can live without leader. That is our constitutional position
- He (Banasura) appreciated the fact that Usa could not have selected anyone in the three worlds more beautiful. Aniruddha's complexion was brilliant and swarthy
- He (Karna) asked Draupadi to select another husband because, being lost by the Pandavas, she was rendered a slave of the Kurus. He was always an enemy of the Pandavas, and whenever there was an opportunity, he tried to curb them by all means
- He (Lord Caitanya) taught him (Rupa Gosvami) about the human species. Out of them He selected the followers of the Vedic principles, out of them the fruitive workers, out of them the empiric philosophers, and out of them the liberated souls
- I am very much hopeful of being successful if only selected persons of my followers will form a Kirtana party and have an extensive tour all over the world
- I cannot make my desires zero. That is not possible because I am living being. I may select what kind of desires I will have. That is intelligence. But desirelessness is not possible
- I do not have many followers, but I do have a select few. Because they are select, they will bring about a revolution in the world. One moon is sufficient to dissipate darkness
- I have given the idea for a poster which shall be entitled: Select Real Leaders - Don't Spoil Life, and it will depict devotees as leaders
- I take it for granted that you are one of the selected devotees of Lord Caitanya, and therefore from within your heart He has inspired you to go to such a distant place, leaving your parents and home, just to satisfy Krsna
- I thank you for your having selected me for being listed in this noteworthy publication. I look forward to receiving the completed biography before publication
- If the mother has selected another husband in the presence of her grown-up children, she is considered to be an enemy; if a wife does not live well with her husband but deals very roughly, then she is an enemy; and if a son is a fool, he is also an enemy
- If we want a happy and tranquil political situation, we must select leaders who eat krsna-prasadam. Otherwise the leaders will eat meat and drink wine, and thus they will be asamskrtah, unreformed, and kriya-hinah, devoid of spiritual behavior
- If you want doctorate degree the system is that the theses should be guided by three expert Ph.D.'s. So similarly, if you want to be purely Krsna conscious person you must select a person who can give you instruction
- In days long ago, our father, the most opulent Daksa, who was affectionate to his daughters, asked each of us separately whom we would prefer to select as our husband
- In Laksmana's svayamvara assembly, when the girl was to select her husband, Samba appeared. He was a son of Krsna's by Jambavati, one of Lord Krsna's chief wives. This son Samba was so named because he was a pet child and always lived close to his mother
- In one family there cannot be two father. The one father. Similarly, when you speak of the supreme father, "O father, give us our daily bread," He is father of everyone. So why one should select one father, another man will select another father?
- In order to intelligently apply the sixfold loving reciprocations mentioned in the previous verse, one must select proper persons with careful discrimination
- In the discussions held among the four brothers, one of them, namely Sanandana, was selected to speak, and the other brothers became the audience to hear him
- In the Gautamiya Tantra all the verses are called prayers. Again in the Srimad-Bhagavatam, there are hundreds of prayers to the Lord. So a devotee should select some of these prayers for his recitation
- In the history of Aryan civilization there have been many instances in which famous princesses have selected their husbands in open competitions. For example, it was in such a competition that Sitadevi accepted Lord Ramacandra as her husband
- In the next verse, Srila Rupa Gosvami informs us what kind of Vaisnava should be selected as a friend and how Vaisnavas should be served
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam historical facts selected from the histories of different planets have been depicted. It is therefore accepted by all the spiritual authorities as the Maha-Purana
- In the third month he drank water only every nine days. Thus he remained completely in trance and worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is adored by selected verses
- Instead of sitting in their hearts to be appreciated in yogic meditation, He seated Himself by their sides. By seating Himself outside, He showed special favor to the gopis, who were the selected beauties of all creation
- It is natural that one should accept the wife selected by one's father, just as a son accepts the name given by the father or as he accepts the property offered by the father. That is the general course in increasing the population of the world
- It is understood from His Holiness Babaji Advaitanandan das Bhaktibhusan that some respectable gentlemen, headed by your Honor, have selected me as the President of Sri Krishna Caitanya Sangeet College, Bhaktivedyalaya Bisramtala, at Serampur
- Krsna continued, "After all, you have to prepare yourself for your next life. I therefore advise that you select someone who can help you in both this life and the next, for I am completely unable to help"
- Krsna continued, "That was not very rightly done. Therefore, since it is better late than never, I advise you that you (Rukmini) may now select one of the great ksatriya princes and accept him as your life's companion, and you may reject Me"
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) did not select any one of them as your husband but insisted on having Me. You neglected all the princes present, and very politely you sent Me a confidential letter inviting Me to kidnap you"
- Krsna once addressed Jarati thus: "My dear good woman, the skin of your face is now slackened, and so your face exactly resembles a monkey's. As such, the King of the monkeys, Balimukha, has selected you as his worthy wife"
- Krsna said to Rukimini: There is no harm; the mistake can still be rectified, and it is better late than never. You are at liberty to select a suitable husband who is actually an equal to you in opulence, family tradition, wealth, beauty and education
- Krsna said, "At this time all the ferocious jungle animals - the tigers, bears, jackals and wolves - are prowling in the forest. Therefore it is very dangerous for you (the gopis). You cannot select a secure place now"
- Like the ksatriyas, he (Devala) also allowed his daughter to select her own husband in a svayamvara meeting, and at that ceremony all the bachelor sons of the rsis were invited. According to some, he is not Asita Devala.
- Lord Brahma & Lord Siva, accompanied by great sages like Narada and followed by many other demigods, invisibly appeared in the house of Kamsa. They began to pray to the SPG in select verses, which are very pleasing to the devotees
- Lord Garuda, the carrier of Lord Visnu, is the most worshipable lord, for he is as powerful as the Supreme Lord Himself. He is the personified Vedas and is worshiped by selected verses
- Lord Siva then began to release all his selected weapons against the Personality of Godhead. Lord Sri Krsna, without any difficulty, counteracted all these weapons with counterweapons
- My dear boy (Rudra), I (Brahma) have already selected the following places for your residence: the heart, the senses, the air of life, the sky, the air, the fire, the water, the earth, the sun, the moon and austerity
- My dear King, in a sacred and holy place of pilgrimage one should select a place in which to perform yoga. The place must be level and not too high or low. There one should sit very comfortably, being steady and equipoised, keeping his body straight
- My dear Lord, You are glorified by the selected verses uttered by great personalities. Such glorification of Your lotus feet is just like saffron particles
- My selected disciples
- Now the Krishna Consciousness Movement is given to you, some selected European and American boys and girls. Please try to maintain it heart and soul with faith in Krishna, and your life will be successful
- Nowadays they (ksatra-bandhu) are promoted to such exalted posts by the votes of the people who are themselves fallen in the rules and regulations of life. How can such people select a proper man when they are themselves fallen in the standard of life?
- O immortal one, this unique airplane has been sent by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is worshiped by selected prayers and who is the chief of all living entities. You are quite worthy to board such a plane
- O sage, please select the essence of all these scriptures and explain it for the good of all living beings, that by such instruction their hearts may be fully satisfied
- O Supreme Lord of lords! O master of the universe! One can achieve piety simply by hearing about Your transcendental pastimes. O Supreme Narayana, who are praised by select verses, I offer my respectful obeisances unto You
- One selects a wife for bodily comforts, and the result is children. For wife and children one requires a dwelling place, and as such a residential house is also necessary
- One who has got no brain substance but cow dung, they will understand something else. So we are selecting, or even if he is filled up with cow dung, by this Krsna consciousness education, we can make him su-medha, fine brain
- One's relationship with the Supreme Lord is in proportion to that surrender and the service one renders unto the Lord. Thus throughout the entire world the higher or lower positions of the living entities are selected by the living entities themselves
- Our duty is to serve God. There is no other duty. That is Caitanya Mahaprabhu's preaching, that "You have no other duty, anything. That is all false illusion. If you have selected any other duty than to serve Krsna in Krsna cons., then you are foolish"
- Our only ambition should be to serve the Lord. It does not matter where the service is demanded. It is exactly like the soldiers are asked to come forward to fight and there is no question of selecting the place
- Pandavas and the Kauravas, they wanted to fight. Yuyutsavah. That's all right. Where is the interpretation? They wanted to fight. They selected a nice place, dharma-ksetra, Kuruksetra, and there they fought. So it is, meaning is clear
- Parvata Muni and Narada Muni are called Gandharvas also because they can travel in the air singing the glories of the Lord. Since they can travel in the air, they observed Draupadi's svayamvara ceremony (selecting of her own husband) from the air
- Pradyumna was so beautiful and attractive that the daughter of Rukmi, namely Rukmavati, could not select any other husband during her svayamvara
- Pranipatena, pariprasnena and sevaya. What is pranipata? Pranipata means surrender. Surrender. You must select a person where you can surrender yourself because nobody likes to surrender to anyone
- Regarding requirements & recommendations in the Vedic system of selecting partners for marriage. It cannot be done here. It should be made under the guidance of the guardians & the selection should be made on the basis of astrological equilibrium
- Regarding requirements and recommendations in the Vedic system of selecting partners for marriage, there is a Vedic system, but that cannot be done here
- Rukmini continued, "My dear Lord, You have advised me that I can still select another from the princely order & divorce myself from Your companionship. But, my dear Lord, it is perfectly well known to me that You are the reservoir of all good qualities"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear Lord, You have advised me to select one of the princes such as Sisupala, Jarasandha or Dantavakra, but what is their position in this world"
- Self effulgent acarya would be automatically selected
- She (Laksmana, Duryodhana's daughter) was a very highly qualified girl of the Kuru dynasty, and many princes wanted to marry her. In such cases, the svayamvara ceremony is held so that the girl may select her husband according to her own choice
- She (Mitravinda) was to select her husband in an assembly of princes, but she strongly desired to have Krsna as her husband
- Since all the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi, Vrndavana, are very dear to Krsna, a devotee selects one of the inhabitants and follows in his footsteps in order to be successful in his own devotional service
- Since they (Narada Muni and Parvata Muni) can travel in the air, they observed Draupadi's svayamvara ceremony (selecting of her own husband) from the air
- Sisupala said, "I fully agree with the respectable persons present here that they are competent to select the personality who can be worshiped first, but I cannot agree with the statement of a boy like Sahadeva, who has spoken so highly about Krsna"
- Sisupala said, "I think that any one of them (great rsis present in the assembly) could have been selected for the first worship because they are worshipable even by the great demigods, kings and emperors"
- Sisupala was selected as her (Rukmini) bridegroom by Rukmini's elder brother, although King Bhismaka wanted his daughter to be married to Krsna
- So any boy and girl like, simply go to him. Maybe there is some fee: "Yes, we agree to marry," and certifies, "They are married." No. Not like that. Formerly as the father and mother used to select and see the future
- Some steps should be taken immediately. After some deliberation, she (Rukmini) decided to send a message to Krsna, and so that she might not be deceived, she selected a qualified brahmana as her messenger
- Sometimes the texts are interpreted fashionably to suit their own purposes. Therefore, first one should select a competent and bona fide speaker and then hear from him
- Soon afterward, Sanatana Gosvami selected a place where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu could stay while in Vrndavana. It was a temple in the highlands named Dvadasaditya-tila
- Sukadeva Gosvami answered: Pradyumna, the eldest son of Krsna, born of Rukmini, was Cupid himself. He was so beautiful and attractive that the daughter of Rukmi, namely Rukmavati, could not select any husband other than Pradyumna during her svayamvara
- That "You can do whatever you like," that facility is always given to living entity by God. You can do whatever you like. It is not that we are, we are given no facilities to select, to make choice. We are given facilities and choice, everything to do
- The beauty of Krsna's eyes surpasses the beauty of white lotus flowers, His yellow garments surpass the brilliance of fresh decorations of kunkuma and His ornaments of selected forest flowers subdue the hankering for the best of garments
- The beauty of Krsna's eyes surpasses the beauty of white lotus flowers, His yellow garments surpass the brilliance of fresh decorations of kunkuma, His ornaments of selected forest flowers subdue the hankering for the best of garments
- The daughters of a king generally select their own husbands
- The four Kumaras, headed by Sanat-kumara, who all knew the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, glorified the Lord in rhythmic accents with selected words full of affection and love
- The leaders of modern civilization select their own residential quarters in a place where there are such naturally beautiful gardens and reservoirs of water, but they leave the common men to reside in congested areas without parks and gardens
- The Lord is sometimes addressed as uttamasloka, which means "one who is worshiped with selected words by devotees"
- The prayers offered by Brahma cannot be chanted by anyone who desires to fulfill his own sense gratification. Such prayers can be selected only by a person who wants to satisfy the Lord in His service
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is described as Uttamasloka, "He who is worshiped by the best of selected Sanskrit verses," and His devotees such as Bali Maharaja are also worshiped by punya-sloka, verses that increase one's piety
- The svayamvara is a ceremony in which the bride can select her own husband from an assembly of many princes
- The whole government was specifically designed to fulfill this particular purpose. As such, the king had to select properly the cabinet ministers, but not on the strength of voting background
- The yogi has to fix up his sitting place. What is that? Sucau dese. He should select a place which is very, very pure
- There are eight kinds of marriage, of which marriage by agreement is called gandharva marriage. Generally the parents select the husband or wife for their daughter or son, but gandharva marriage takes place by personal selection
- There are selected histories (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) of great devotees who are in direct contact with the Personality of Godhead
- There are so many tape records of my speeches, you can select some of them to be printed with the pictures. I think that will be better attracting the general public. It is better you take a little more time but do it very nicely
- There is a story. A bridegroom was selected. So, the other party, bride's party, they inquired how the bridegroom was quite qualified. So they said, "He's a doctor." Then they inquired, "What kind of doctor? Doctor of philosophy, doctor of medicine or"
- They (members of the yadu dynasty) selected resting places underneath big shady trees, and when they had taken sufficient rest, they prepared to receive visitors, among whom were relatives and friends, as well as many subordinate kings and rulers
- To appear in the material world the Lord selected His mother and father - namely Prsni and Sutapa, respectively. Whenever the Lord comes as a human being, He must have a mother & father, so He selected Prsni & Sutapa perpetually as His mother and father
- To avoid taxation means you become good man and you select your ruler, good men. Then there will be no taxation
- To induce Sakuntala to accept the marriage, Maharaja Dusmanta reminded her that as the daughter of a king she could select her husband in an open assembly
- To select the path of hell and to select the path of back to home, back to Godhead, depends upon us
- We can prepare some preachers so that even if I retire, the missionary work will go on under the able guidance of some of my selected disciples, like you, Brahmananda, Rupanuga, etc
- We must select only those books written by tattva-darsis, not the books of so-called scholars who claim knowledge only on the basis of a doctorate
- We select girl, say, about 16, 17 years old, and boys not more than 24 years old. I get them married. You see? And because their attention is diverted to Krsna consciousness, they have very little interest simply for sex life
- Whatever books we have got, it should be studied. Bhakti-sastri means Nectar of Devotion, Bhagavad-gita, Nectar of Instruction, Beyond Death -- in this way we select some ten books. That is bhakti-sastri
- When a sannyasi thus becomes completely independent, peaceful and equipoised, he can select the destination he desires after death and follow the principles by which to reach that destination
- When children are playing, they sometimes select a "king" amongst themselves, and the selected child may think that he is actually the king
- When she (Draupadi) preferred to select her own husband, princes and kings were invited from all the countries of the world
- When the parampara system was lost, Arjuna was selected to rejuvenate it
- When the sages were selected as priests of the sacrifices, they in turn induced Vasudeva to collect the required paraphernalia for executing the yajnas in that place of pilgrimage
- When they saw Jamadagni sitting by the side of the fire to perform yajna and meditating upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is praised by the best of selected prayers, they took the opportunity to kill him
- Whenever you like, we shall select any brahmacari. But don't have illicit sex. Marriage is allowed. I take personally care of marriage. I want this society must be cleansed. Without being cleansed, nobody can advance in spiritual consciousness
- Yes, I have heard of your plan to open a branch in Trinidad. That will be very nice and the selected members are approved by me
- You GBC men are my selected few for insuring that what I am doing will be carried on very nicely for the pleasure of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- You have to change your body. And that will be selected not by you, not by your government, not by your father, not by your so-called guru. It will be decided by the laws of nature. That you cannot avoid
- You require a leader; we require a leader. That is wanted. Without leader we cannot go. But if you select a bad leader, blind leader, then you remain blind
- You rot in this material world or go back to Godhead. That is your option. It is open to you both ways. You go to hell or go to heaven. That is your option. So human life is meant for selecting - "What shall I do? I shall go to hell or heaven?"
- You wanted one white assistant for facilitation of your work in Ahmedabad, so we have selected the best man for this work, Sriman Hai Haya Das Adhikari