Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
favorite | favorites | favoritism
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Favorite"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Although the Supreme Lord is unattached to our happiness and distress according to karma, and although no one is His enemy or favorite, He creates pious and impious activities through the agency of His material potency
- As it is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that a person who takes the responsibility of preaching the Bhakti cult by all means is the most most favorite person of the lord
- In his leisure time in later life, His Divine Grace Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura would simply read Sri Caitanya-caritamrta. It was his favorite book
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that one who does this service - namely going on to preach the glories of the Lord and creating all devotees of the Lord - that person is the most confidential and favorite of the Lord
- Indra, along with other demigods, offered opposition to Krsna and Satyabhama for taking away the (Parijata) tree, but in order to please His favorite wife Satyabhama, Krsna became determined and adamant, so there was a fight
- Krsna's favoritism towards His devotees was exhibited in His fight with Bhisma
- Kunti continued, "You (Krsna) make no such distinction. No one is Your favorite and no one is Your enemy. As the Supreme Personality of Godhead, You are equal to everyone, and everyone can take advantage of Your special protection"
- Some things which give stimulation to ecstatic love of Krsna are His footprints, His place of pastimes (such as Vrndavana), His favorite plant (tulasi), His devotee and the periodical occasions for remembering Him
- Sri Raghunatha dasa was the son of Govardhana Majumadara. Their family priest was Balarama Acarya, who was a favorite of Haridasa Thakura's
- That Maha-purusa (Karanodakasayi Visnu) is known as a plenary part of Him who is Lord Nityananda Balarama, the favorite associate of Lord Caitanya
- The dina-nathas, or devotees of Lord Krsna, who preach the path of devotional service, become the favorites of the demigods
- There are many examples in history of devotees who risked their lives for the spreading of God consciousness. The favorite example is Lord Jesus Christ. He was crucified by the nondevotees, but he sacrificed his life for spreading God consciousness
- There are many other instances in which the pet animal of a Vaisnava was delivered back home to Vaikunthaloka, back to Godhead. Such is the benefit of somehow or other becoming the favorite of a Vaisnava
- They will dance and they will chant. And you also, if you try it you will never get tired. Because it is not material. In the material world if you chant anything, any favorite name for three, four, or ten times, you will get tired
- This is the nature of woman. If a woman understands that her husband regards her as a favorite and is especially affectionate to her, she takes undue advantage