Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
popular | popularity | popularization | popularize | popularized | popularizing | popularly
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Popular"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- A bona fide spiritual master has no business reading many books simply to show his proficiency or to get popularity by lecturing in different places. One should avoid all these things
- All the devotees sang this popular song along with the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. "Haraye namah, krsna yadavaya namah-gopala govinda rama sri-madhusudana"
- All the regulative principles in the Vedas pertaining to desires for popularity, fatherhood, wealth and so on are different phases of sense gratification
- Almost all the leaders of the people have popularized various modes of religiosity that have to do only with the material body and mind. But very few of them know that the body and mind are nothing but the outward coat and shirt
- Amongst the groups of different friends of Krsna, some are well-known from various scriptures, and some are well-known by popular tradition. There are three divisions amongst Krsna's friends
- Any person who is very dear to people in general is called a popular man
- Any popular personality with a few traits of mystic powers will display some feat of jugglery and easily become an incarnation of Godhead by popular vote
- As you are a popular gentleman of the world you can just engage the rest of your most valuable life in this organized spiritual movement to make a real adjustment of the western material science combined with Indian way of spiritual realization
- As you are learning so many department of knowledge, similarly, this is also another department of knowledge, to learn the science of God. The government should come forward to popularize this movement and to educate people in the science of God
- Because people want to be cheated, men such as you mention have become very popular. They are preaching all nonsense and the people are accepting them, but if someone wants to be cheated, what can be done?
- By His spiritual energy Sesa Naga sustains all the planetary globes upon His invisible hoods. Sesa Naga is popularly known as Sankarsana, or "that which keeps balance by the law of magnetism"
- Garga Muni said, "Being very popular in Vrndavana, He will be the cause of all good fortune for you. Because of His presence, you will overcome all kinds of material calamities, despite opposing elements"
- Generally when people are powerful or when they have a beautiful wife, a beautiful home and material popularity, they become more and more entangled
- Gradually, we shall replace the literatures which are currently popular with our own style of transcendental literature. I have tried it: any page you open, that is wonderful reading matter
- I have also received the newspaper clipping enclosed by you, it is a nice picture. The newspapers are beginning to appreciate our Movement more and more and that is an index of popular feeling
- I have received letter from Germany, from Holland. They also have begun chanting Hare Krsna. In England, the Beatles, or Beatniks, they are also chanting. So this is getting popular in the Western countries, and it will get, I am sure
- I have seen in Washington so many tourists came daily to see the many monuments & museums. So why not let one of the museums be about Krsna. Everything should be done first-class. I am sure that it will become the most popular place to visit in Washington
- I hope very soon Back to Godhead will be a very popular magazine. If you give me some advertisement it will be a great asset to the publication, and we will be glad to print it free of charge
- I very much liked the chanting on this tape. It is very excellent and should be popularized and it will be a great success. Introduce this into every home and that will help them, and if they read our books then finished, no more material life
- If you can move with this Kirtana party, say a batch of 12 to 15 heads, all over the States, as well as Europe, I am sure we will be more popular than the so-called yogi Maharishi Mahesa
- In business circle there is a popular English saying that you can earn more by sitting in one place than by travelling in many places provided you can sit down in a place with due consideration
- In our Krsna consciousness movement, if we become envious, "Oh, my Godbrother, oh, he has become so popular. He is making so much progress. So put some impediments towards his progressive path," this is also material
- In the Bhakti-ratnakara by Narahari Cakravarti there is a list of the books Sri Rupa Gosvami compiled. Of all his books, sixteen are very popular among Vaisnavas
- It appears that Rukmini was a very popular princess, and all the citizens, out of intense love for her, prayed for her best fortune
- It is the book to understand Krsna, but these people, unscrupulous people, even great scholars, they tried to explain something, taking advantage of the popularity of Bhagavad-gita
- King Nabhi understood that his son, Rsabhadeva, was very popular among the citizens and among government officers and ministers
- Krsna persisted, "Please let Me know the purpose of the sacrifice you are going to perform. Is it according to Vedic injunction? Or is it simply a popular ceremony? Kindly let Me know in detail about the sacrifice"
- Lord Caitanya therefore taught us not to ask from the Supreme Personality any benediction such as material wealth, popularity or a good wife. One should simply pray to the Lord to be constantly engaged in His transcendental loving service
- Lord Siva has two popular names, Rudra and Asutosa. He is very prone to anger as well as quickly pacified
- Mahatma means he has taken shelter of Krsna cent percent, and his only business is to worship and glorify Krsna. That is mahatma. So Gandhi never believed that there was Krsna, but he became mahatma by popular vote. That's all
- My dear mind, why are you so proud of being a Vaisnava? Your solitary chanting of the holy name of the Lord is based on a desire for cheap popularity, and therefore your chanting is only a pretension
- Of course it is very difficult for the western people to understand this philosophy of being cent per cent dependent on the mercy of God. Therefore, the easiest method for us is to popularize the Sankirtana movement everywhere
- One may go to Vrndavana for cheap popularity, and instead of being absorbed in Krsna consciousness, one may always think of money and women, which are simply temporary sources of happiness
- One must develop the desires for returning back home, back to Godhead, and automatically the desires for material gain, material honor and material popularity will diminish in proportion to the development of devotional service
- One often thinks of conducting business to improve devotional activity. But the contamination is so strong that it may later develop into misunderstanding, described as puja (hankering for popularity)
- One who is attracted by that ecstatic love of the gopis does not care about popular opinion or the regulative principles of Vedic life. Rather, he completely surrenders unto Krsna and renders service unto Him
- One who wants to be popular with the general mass of population should worship the Sadhya demigod
- Our business is to glorify Krsna as the Lord of Vrndavana and to popularize Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's Hare Krsna Movement
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is a protest against all this nonsense. And therefore we, sometimes we are unpopular. But we don't care for that. Popular or unpopular, we must go on with our business
- Our Krsna consciousness movement is genuine, historically authorized, natural and transcendental due to its being based on Bhagavad-gita As It Is. It is gradually becoming the most popular movement in the entire world
- Our occupation must be honest. Everyone should adore our members as honest. If we do something which is deteriorating to the popular sentiments of the public in favor of our movement, that is not good
- Our program for Krishna Consciousness is solid, and backed by most authoritative literature - Bhagavad-gita, and Srimad-Bhagavatam; there is no question of our not being popular to the world. Simply we have to present ourselves in true perspective
- People take advantage of the popularity of Bhagavad-gita, and they try to impress under the shelter of Bhagavad-gita their own philosophy or own idea. That is useless. You try to understand Bhagavad-gita as it is
- Process of concocting an incarnation of God has become an ordinary business, especially in Bengal. Any popular personality with a few traits of mystic powers will display some feat of jugglery and easily become an incarnation of Godhead by popular vote
- Regarding the Beatles, if they chant the Hare Krishna Mantra, give them all facilities. Because if they make some Hare Krishna record, that will be widespread, and we want simply that the Hare Krishna Mantra may be very popular all over the world
- Regarding the farm in Gainesville, yes we require land for food grain production. One of our programs should be to send food grains to India for Vrindaban and Mayapur. If we distribute profusely prasadam we will become very popular
- Regarding the German situation, it is an attempt to suppress our movement there. We have become very popular there and now the Christian church, as well as the police are very much feeling pressure that "now this movement is increasing"
- Sandalwood produced in Malaya is very popular. That province is situated on the western ghata, and the hill Nilagiri is sometimes known as Malaya Hill
- Sankirtana Movement which I am propagating all over the world was also exhibited in the Cross Maidan for eleven days which I think you must have seen. So in India I am especially present here to popularize this movement for awakening God Consciousness
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura has sung, "Such an ambition for a cheap reputation may be compared to the stool of a hog because such popularity is another extension of the influence of maya"
- The demons are under the impression that no one is more wealthy and popular than themselves. They think that their wealth will somehow be protected by some spirit, and in this way they are deluded. Their final destination is hell
- The general and popular notion is that by discharging fruitive work in terms of the direction of the scriptures one becomes perfectly able to acquire transcendental knowledge for spiritual realization
- The Gurukula and poor feeding programs should be developed and it will make us very popular. The wrestling is all right. The program for Nitai Cand to visit the villages and preach and make men join is very good
- The incarnations of God are determined by authentic sastras and not by popular votes of foolish fanatics. Because Lord Caitanya was an incarnation of God in fact, foolish fanatics have proclaimed so many so-called incarnations
- The Krishna Consciousness movement is being popularized here by three principles: by temple worship, by sending Sankirtana Party for chanting in the streets and by distribution of small booklets
- The Krsna consciousness movement is not very popular with the karmis because this movement recommends that one refrain from illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication. These are restrictions that karmis very much dislike
- The popular saying is that a housewife teaches the daughter-in-law by teaching the daughter. Similarly, the Lord teaches the world by teaching the devotee
- The sankirtana party belonging to Tukarama is still very popular in Bombay and throughout the province of Maharashtra
- The sum total of Krsna's personal family members amounted to about ten million, popularly known as the Yadu-vamsa. And again, during His lifetime, He managed to vanquish them all
- There have been many great politicians and military commanders like Napoleon, Hitler, Shubhash Chandra Bose and Gandhi, but as soon as their lives were finished, their popularity, influence and everything else were finished also
- There is a popular picture of goddess Kali in which she wears a garland composed of the heads of the asuras and holds in her left hand a captured head and in her right hand a great khadga, or chopper, for killing asuras
- These outdoor kirtanas should be rigidly followed at least one hour daily. That will make our movement popular there. We have good experience here in every city, especially Los Angeles, New York, Boston, and here in Columbus
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of making paintings on the floor with a liquid paste of rice and flour; such paintings are very popular at auspicious ceremonies performed at household affairs or in the temple
- This Back to Godhead will always remain the backbone of the society because more the magazine is popular the more society becomes popular
- This means that by the grace of Krishna, not only our Mayapur Candrodaya Mandir has become very popular all over Bengal, side by side you have also become the attractive feature in Bengal
- Through the popularizing of hari-kirtana, or the sankirtana movement, the brahminical culture and ksatriya government will automatically come back, and people will be extremely happy
- We can not make any compromise with anyone for cheap popularity
- We don't want cheap popularity
- We should not criticize the Ramakrishna Mission by name, or directly, for they have become somehow or other popular and people are against us for it. So carefully avoid this type of preaching
- Wrestling matches are still enjoyed by people in northern India, & it appears from the statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam that five thousand years ago wrestling was popular. Kamsa planned to arrange such a wrestling competition & to invite people to visit