Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
appeal | appealed | appealing | appeals
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Caitanya's Appealing (1 P)
- ► My Appeal (Prabhupada) (12 P)
Pages in category "Appealing"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- A sparrow laid her eggs on the shore of the ocean, but the big ocean carried away the eggs on its waves. The sparrow became very upset and asked the ocean to return her eggs. The ocean did not even consider her appeal
- Aditi appealed to her husband by saying that since even the supreme controller favors His devotees and since Indra, Kasyapa's devoted son, was in difficulty, Kasyapa should bestow his favor upon Indra
- Aditi, the mother of the demigods, appealed to Kasyapa Muni to give the demigods protection
- After hearing the appeal from His sons, He personally went to the well and easily got the great lizard out simply by extending His left hand
- All the interpretations of Sankaracarya are imaginary. Such imaginary interpretations are verbally accepted by learned scholars, but they do not appeal to the heart
- AN APPEAL TO THE VAISNAVA SECT AND SPECIALLY TO THE VALLABHA SAMPRADAYA OF BOMBAY AND GUJARAT
- He (Balarama) was expert in presenting an appeal, and thus, treating the gopis very respectfully, He began to narrate the stories of Krsna so tactfully that the gopis became satisfied
- He appealed to Sri Krsna with loud calls and thus made it possible for Krsna to appear
- Hearing this appeal from mother Saci, all the devotees offered obeisances and said, "We all agree to whatever mother Saci desires"
- Here is a programme of spiritual movement (an appeal enclosed herewith). I am struggling alone very hard to give it an effective shape without any help from persons like you. You can help the movement a lot without the least difficulty or disturbances
- I am glad to learn how the students are friendly toward the devotees although they are generally depressed and rebellious. So Krsna Consciousness is so nice that it can pacify even the most rebellious person because it appeals to the soul
- I fervently appeal to everyone to adopt the method of devotional service given by Lord Caitanya and Nityananda and thus be freed from the miseries of material existence and ultimately achieve the loving service of the Lord
- I have read with great interest your article especially the one which is named as "CHALAR PATHE." It is not only very amusing but also instructive. Simple dry philosophical arguments will not be appealing now a days to people in general
- I then requested Murari Gupta, Worship Krsna and take shelter of Him. But for His service, nothing appeals to the mind
- If one is not Krsna conscious, all these rascaldom becomes charming. When one is Krsna conscious these things are not appeal
- If you continue to write articles on the basis of BG and SB certainly they will appeal to the core of the hearts of all human beings and surely they will respond. So, continue the policy scrupulously and you will be successful
- In Diti's appeal to her husband for sex, it was not exactly that she was afflicted by sex desires, but she desired sons. Since she had no sons, she felt poorer than her co-wives. Therefore Kasyapa was supposed to satisfy his bona fide wife
- In the material field, people are interested in material enjoyment, mystic power and sense gratification. But these things do not appeal to the devotee at all
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam the transcendental pastimes of the Lord are narrated, and the narration is systematically depicted by Srila Sukadeva Gosvami. Thus the subject matter is appealing to all classes of persons
- In this letter the King requested Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "Please appeal to all the devotees associated with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and submit this petition to them on my behalf"
- Influenced by these features of Krsna, they (Krsna's wives) all used to dress themselves very attractively, desiring to attract Him by their feminine bodily appeal
- Kirtana and prasada will appeal to even the uneducated. We have means to preach to both the educated and uneducated, the sinful and the pious - dhiradhira-jana-priyau
- Krsna consciousness is so universal and perfect that it can appeal to everyone, irrespective of his position; therefore I fervently appeal to you, all present in this meeting, to extend your cooperation for successful execution of this great movement
- Krsna heard the appealing voices of His friends, and casting a pleasing glance over them, He began to answer. By speaking through His eyes, He impressed upon His friends that there was no cause for fear, and He assured them, "Don’t worry"
- Shaktimata Devi Dasi whom you know from London. She is presently in Nairobi & is looking for a good husband for her daughter. She wrote one letter appealing that you might consider marrying her daughter. So, if you are agreeable then I have not objection
- Speaking of "your sister" was an appeal to identity. Speaking about killing a woman raises questions about fame and welfare, and arousing fear of the sinful act of killing one's sister during her marriage ceremony is an aspect of bheda
- Sripada Sankaracarya has given his interpretation and imaginary meaning. It does not actually appeal to the mind of any sane man. He has done this to convince the atheists and bring them under his control
- The atheist will have to meet God in the form of death in so many ways. So by suffering, when a day will come that he'll understand God, at that time, preaching to him is better. So you do not expect that our preaching will appeal to everyone
- The King (Nrga) fervently appealed to the brahmanas not to cause his downfall into hell because of this mistake (that he had taken back a cow that he had previously given in charity)
- The living entity in this frightful condition of life, bound by seven layers of material ingredients, prays with folded hands, appealing to the Lord, who has put him in that condition
- The next day, all the devotees together approached the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to submit an appeal on behalf of Junior Haridasa
- The party of Duryodhana insulted Draupadi, a great devotee of Krsna, and she appealed to the Lord as well as to all the silent observers of this unwarranted insult
- The reptile society became so disturbed that their leader, Vasuki, appealed to Lord Brahma for protection. Lord Brahma made an arrangement by which Garuda would not create a disturbance
- Therefore the principal reason for Sri Caitanya's descent is this appeal by Advaita Acarya. The Lord, the protector of religion, appears by the desire of His devotee
- They are not my books, since I have simply translated; but my purports for each and every verse from the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam do very much appeal to the people in general as well as learned circles
- They are seeing that all Europeans and Americans, they have adopted such nice Vaisnava culture. There are attracted from that point. But if we are not to the standard point, they immediately appeal, "Oh they are useless". So that should be corrected
- This book, Krsna, which is filled with krsna-katha, will thus appeal equally to the liberated souls and to persons who are trying to be liberated, as well as to the gross, conditioned materialist
- This krsna-katha will also be very much appealing to the most materialistic persons because Krsna's pastimes with the gopis (cowherd girls) are exactly like the loving affairs between young girls and boys within this material world
- When the Muslim heard Raghunatha dasa's appealing voice, his heart softened. He began to cry, and tears glided down his beard
- When there is too much heat from the forest fire of this material world, the demigods, including Brahma himself, being harassed, approach the Supreme Lord, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and appeal to Him to alleviate the condition
- You do not expect that our preaching will be appeal to everyone. It will be useful for the devotees, for the innocent. Not for the atheist
- You say you are on good terms with Madan Mohan Goswami. Under the circumstances take the whole house on rent from him. Although he is appealing to the court it will not stand