This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Requesting Krsna"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- Agni did not touch the Khandava forest directly but requested Krsna to help him
- Although Krsna is manifested before Arjuna in His universal form, Arjuna remembers his friendly relationship with Krsna and is therefore asking pardon and requesting Krsna to excuse him for the many informal gestures which arise out of friendship
- Although Kubja requested Krsna to remain with her for some days, Krsna politely impressed upon her that it was not possible for Him to stay. Krsna visits this material world occasionally, whereas His connection with the spiritual world is eternal
- Another gopi said, "Now we are requesting You (Krsna) to kindly place Your lotus feet on our breasts and pacify our lusty desires to touch You"
- Another gopi said, "You (Krsna) have, out of Your own causeless mercy, appeared in this world, requested by Lord Brahma for the protection of the world. It is by Your kindness only that You have appeared in the dynasty of Yadu"
- Arjuna remembers his friendly relationship with Krsna and is therefore asking pardon and requesting Krsna to excuse him for the many informal gestures which arise out of friendship
- As a resident of Vrndavana, Krsnadasa Kaviraja offers his respects to the Deities in these temples and requests God's favor: "My progress in spiritual life is very slow, so I'm asking Your help"
- At the rasa dance, each & every gopi requested that Krsna individually become her partner, and Krsna immediately expanded Himself into so many Krsnas in order to be coupled with each and every gopi. The result was that each gopi found Krsna by her side
- At the request of Balarama, Krsna briefly explained the whole situation: how the calves and boys were stolen by Brahma and how He was concealing the incident by expanding Himself so people would not know that the original calves and boys were missing
- At the request of the mother, He (Krsna) became like a human child and at once left her for another devotee at Gokula, where He was accepted as the son of Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda Mata
- Bahulasva said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I beg to request You and Your companions, the great sages and brahmanas, to remain at my place at least for a few days so that this family of the famous King Nimi may be sanctified by the dust of Your lotus feet"
- Because Vallabha Bhatta was a learned brahmana, Gadadhara Pandita could not forbid him. Thus he began to think of Lord Krsna. "My dear Lord Krsna," he requested, "please protect me in this danger. I have taken shelter of You"
- Being requested by King Yudhisthira, Krsna agreed to stay in Hastinapura for four months during the rainy season. The four months of the rainy season are called Caturmasya
- Bilvamangala Thakura wrote, "If I become thoroughly bathed by Your merciful glance, then I may be saved. Therefore, my Lord, I am requesting You to please bestow upon me Your" merciful glance
- By asking this benediction (I simply request that I may not forget Your (Krsna's) lotus feet at any time) from the Lord, the sage Narada showed the ideal prayer of all pure devotees
- Dear Krsna, we are always busy in our family affairs. We therefore request that You remain within our hearts as the rising sun. That will be Your greatest benediction
- Devaki said, "My Lord, I request You to save me from the cruel hands of Kamsa, the son of Ugrasena. I am praying to Your Lordship to please rescue me from this fearful condition because You are always ready to give protection to Your servitors"
- I (Devaki) am still afraid because as soon as Kamsa understands that You (Krsna) have appeared, he might harm You. So I request that for the time being You become invisible to our material eyes
- In order to establish Krsna's divinity for all, he (Arjuna) is requesting Krsna in this chapter to show His universal form
- In the Eleventh Chapter Arjuna requested Krsna that "If you think, You can show me Your universal form," so that in future others will accept some bogus rascal as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he may test by seeing
- In the Vedic mantras the devotees request the Lord to remove the glaring effulgence because it covers His real face
- It was the request of Radharani to Krsna, "There in Vrndavana You were a cowherd boy, and We used to meet in the jungles, in the bushes. So I want to take You there. Then I will be happy"
- King Nagnajit continued his request, "Krsna, if You'll kindly bridle the seven bulls and bring them under control, then undoubtedly You will be selected as the desired husband of my daughter, Satya"
- Krsna told Paundraka, "Paundraka, you requested Me to give up the symbols of Lord Visnu, specifically My disc. Now I will give it up to you. Be careful! You falsely declare yourself Vasudeva, imitating Me. Therefore no one is a greater fool than you"
- Krsna was to start for Dvaraka, His own kingdom, after the Battle of Kuruksetra & Yudhisthira's being enthroned, but to oblige the request of Yudhisthira & to show special mercy to Bhismadeva, Lord Krsna stopped at Hastinapura, the capital of the Pandavas
- Krsna's teacher had requested Him to bring back his dead sons, and to do so Krsna went to the place of Yamaraja to claim all of those souls who had been brought there by Yamaraja and were being kept under his control
- Kubja told Krsna, "My dear friend, kindly remain with me at least for a few days and enjoy with me. My dear lotus-eyed friend, I cannot leave You immediately. Please grant my request"
- Lord Krsna could not refuse the request of His devotee, and thus He remained there for a few days with the sages to sanctify the city of Mithila and all its citizens
- Lord Krsna could not refuse the request of the King (Yudhisthira). Krsna therefore sent back all the heroes of the Yadu dynasty - Samba and others. All of them returned to Dvaraka, and Lord Krsna personally remained to give pleasure to the King
- Lord Krsna thus enabled the performance of the Rajasuya-yajna arranged by King Yudhisthira to be successfully completed, and, being requested by His cousins and relatives, He remained in Hastinapura for a few months more
- Narada said, "My Lord (Krsna), You have very kindly asked what You can do for me. I simply request that I may not forget Your lotus feet at any time. I do not care where I may be, but I pray that I constantly be allowed to remember Your lotus feet"
- Narada spoke as follows: "He (Yudhisthira) is fully satisfied, and he does not need anything more. He is full in everything, but now he wants to worship You (Krsna) to achieve Your causeless mercy, and I beg to request You to fulfill his desires"
- No one could make Lord Krsna stay at Hastinapura when He decided to start for Dvaraka, but the simple request of King Yudhisthira that the Lord remain there for a few days more was immediately effective
- Once, while Krsna was in the pasturing ground with His cowherd boys, His friends requested Him to go to the Talavana Forest, where Gardabhasura, a disturbing demon in the shape of an ass, resided
- One gopi said, "It is only we who are very unhappy, because we are searching for You (Krsna) but cannot see You with our greatest effort. Our life is completely dependent upon You; therefore we request that You again come to us"
- Our prayer of the Hare Krishna Mantra means addressing Radha and Krishna for being engaged in Their service. Hare Krishna means "Oh Hare, Oh Radharani! Oh Krishna! Please engage me in Your service so that I can get relief from the service of Maya"
- Rohini said, "Lord Krsna killed Bhaumasura and all his soldiers, and although He had no need to accept even one wife, He nevertheless, by our request, married all sixteen thousand of us"
- Rukmini addresses a letter to Krsna as follows: "My dear unconquerable Krsna, my marriage day is fixed for tomorrow. I request that You come to the city of Vidarbha without advertising Yourself"
- Rukmini continued, 'I have selected Your Lordship as my husband, and I therefore request You (Krsna) to accept me as Your wife. You are the supreme powerful, O lotus-eyed one. Now I belong to You'
- Rukmini continued, 'If that which is enjoyable for the lion to eat is taken away by the jackal, it will be a ludicrous affair; therefore I request You (Krsna) to immediately take care of me before I am taken away by Sisupala and other princes like him'
- The best example are the gopis. They, they had no other business than to keep Krsna always within the heart. Gopis requested Krsna, "Please, if You get out from our hearts then we can concentrate to our household duties
- The cowherd boys went on saying, "Please arrange for something that will mitigate our hunger" Requested in this way by Their friends, Lord Krsna and Balarama arranged to show compassion to certain wives of brahmanas who were performing sacrifices
- The Earth personified continued, "I have therefore brought him to surrender unto Your (Krsna's) lotus feet. I request Your Lordship to give shelter to this boy and bless him with Your lotus feet"
- The elderly brahmana prayed, "My dear Lord Gopala, I have taken shelter of Your lotus feet, and therefore I request You to please protect my religious principles from disturbance and at the same time save my kinsmen from dying"
- The friends of Krsna wanted to eat the fruit from the forest trees, but they could not go because of fear of the demon. Thus they requested Krsna to go there and kill Gardabhasura
- The girl Yamuna knew it well that Arjuna was a great devotee of Lord Krsna and that if he would pray, Krsna would never deny his request
- The gopis continued, "She must have taken Krsna into the deep forest and told Him, 'My dear Krsna, I am now very tired. I cannot go any further. Please carry Me wherever You like.’'
- The gopis said, "We have come to You (Krsna), leaving everything behind, just to take shelter of Your lotus feet. We know that You are completely independent and can do whatever You like, but we request You, don’t reject us"
- The Lord tells Satyabhama: "My dear Satyabhamadevi, I have descended to this earthly planet by the request of Lord Brahma and other demigods"
- The vaibhava-prakasa form was also displayed when Krsna appeared before His mother Devaki in the four-handed form of Narayana, just when He entered the world. Then at the request of His parents He transformed Himself into a two-handed form
- The wife of Daksa (Prasuti) prayed as follows: My dear Lord, it is very fortunate that You have appeared in this arena of sacrifice. I offer my respectful obeisances unto You, and I request that You be pleased on this occasion
- There is an account of Rukminidevi's writing a letter to Krsna requesting Him to kidnap her before her marriage to another person. At that time the specific attachment of Rukmini for Krsna was expressed by Rukmini as follows
- They began to say, "Our dear Krsna! O S. Personality of God! Our dear Balarama, reservoir of all strength! Please try to save us from this all-devouring and devastating fire. We have no shelter other than You. This devastating fire will swallow us all"
- When He (Krsna) is so requested by devotees like Brahma, He descends on the earth for the welfare of the entire universe. This is stated in Bhagavad-gita (4.8): paritranaya sadhunam vinasaya ca duskrtam/ dharma-samsthapanarthaya sambhavami yuge yuge
- When Rukmini was going to be married to Sisupala by the choice of her elder brother, she wrote the above letter to Krsna requesting Him to kidnap her. This is an instance of impudence in ecstatic love for Krsna
- When this city was constructed, Maharaja Yudhisthira requested Krsna to live with them a few days more to give them the pleasure of His association. Lord Krsna accepted the request of Maharaja Yudhisthira and remained there for many days more
- Whenever Krsna is requested to fulfill one's desire, He undoubtedly does so, but He does not award anything which, after being enjoyed, will cause one to petition Him again and again to fulfill further desires