Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
role | roles
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Role"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- He (Krsna) is atmarama, self-satisfied; He can derive all pleasure by Himself, without anyone’s help. But when the Lord descends to play the part of a human being, He plays a role either as a husband, son, friend or enemy in full perfection
- He (Lord Caitanya) appeared in that mode (Lord Caitanya assumed the role of the gopis to taste the predominated happiness of transcendental mellows) but simultaneously He propagated the religious process for this age in a most fascinating way
- He (Lord Krsna) takes pleasure in being treated as younger than His devotees. These are all transcendental pastimes of the Lord. The impersonalist cannot enter into the supernatural roles played by the devotee of the Lord
- I can understand that things are going on nicely. And the Japanese boys and girls are taking a more responsible role in order to help you out. That is very encouraging
- If I cannot rely on you to assist me in the GBC position, who can I rely on? So I beg you to reassure me that you will continue to help me in this way, and do not become withdrawn from your active role. Kindly relieve me of this great anxiety
- In His village of Vrndavana He enjoyed Himself with His mother, brother and friends, and when He played the role of a naughty butter thief, all His associates enjoyed celestial bliss by His stealing
- In that role He (Krsna) performed many sacrifices just to teach the royal order how to live in the material world for the welfare of humanity
- Later that morning, Krsna went to play with His cowherd boyfriends on the top of the Govardhana Hill. They were imitating the play of thieves and police. Some of the boys became police constables, and some became thieves, and some took the role of lambs
- Lord Caitanya is Sri Krsna Himself, the absolute enjoyer of the love of the gopis. He Himself assumes the role of the gopis to taste the predominated happiness of transcendental mellows
- Lord Krsna is the self-sufficient Supreme Personality of Godhead, yet because He was playing the role of a human being, He became very depressed for a moment, as if He had actually lost His father
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord, Your appearance as the son of Vasudeva in Your role as a human being is one of the pastimes of Your complete freedom"
- So now I am seeing more and more that my senior disciples must take an active role in continuing the high standard of purity which has been established in our Vaisnava line
- Sudama said, "You (Krsna) played the role of a student and lived with us in the house of the guru"
- The impersonalist cannot enter into the supernatural roles played by the devotee of the Lord
- The Lord and His different authorized devotees sometimes have to play the role of many lower creatures to claim the conditioned souls, but both the Lord and His pure devotees are always in the transcendental position
- The role of an acarya is not to earn his livelihood through the income of the temple
- The role of the bona fide Spiritual Master is to lead the conditioned souls out of forgetfulness and back into pure consciousness of serving the Lord in transcendental loving service
- The six Gosvamis were so much enriched with the gopis’ feelings of separation that they enjoyed transcendental pleasure at every moment. Similarly, when Lord Caitanya was at Jagannatha Puri, He was in the role of Radharani, feeling separation from Krsna
- The soul is originally pure and so also the senses. By material contamination the senses assume the role of imperfection and impurity. By revival of contact with the Supreme Pure, Lord Krsna, the senses again become freed from material contaminations
- Thus the Lord of the universes maintains all planets inhabited by demigods, men and lower animals. Assuming the roles of incarnations, He performs pastimes to reclaim those in the mode of pure goodness
- We give equal roles spiritually. Materially, one man is servant; one man is master. How you can avoid this?
- When Lord Krsna appears He does so in a family of ksatriyas (kings), as did Lord Ramacandra, and sometimes in a family of brahmanas. But Krsna accepted the role of son to Maharaj Nanda, despite the fact that Nanda belonged to the vaisya community
- When one assumes a role in goodness by starting philanthropic and altruistic activities, such activities become impediments on the path of devotional service
- Whenever the Supreme Personality of Godhead descends in His human form, He sends ahead all His devotees, who act as His father, teacher and associates in many roles
- While performing such dramas, always the actors must be Vaisnavas. Outsiders may help but devotees should have all the major roles. So you may perform such plays conveniently. It is a very nice program, but do not sacrifice other programs on account of it