Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
capacities | capacity
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Capacity"
The following 97 pages are in this category, out of 97 total.
- A murkha, a dull rascal, is very beautiful so long he does not speak. Because as soon as he speaks, then his knowledge, his learning, his capacity, his position will be immediately exposed
- A person does not have illicit sex. That does not mean he has no sexual capacity. He has full sexual capacity, but he does not want to do it unless it is required for certain purpose
- According to the capacity of the devotee, the Lord assumes various forms so that the devotee can handle Him. This is His causeless mercy
- According to your association, you can mold your character. If you associate with businessmen, then... They actually form so many association to develop their business capacity. Practical
- According to your capacity, you have to see God like that. You cannot see immediately Krsna, with dvi-bhuja murali, playing on flute. That you have no capacity. You have to see God like that
- Among the minute living entities, one being can excel another in one capacity or another. Like each of these living entities, the Lord is an individual, but He is different in that He is the supreme individual
- And if anyone wants to marry, first of all he must show that he has some earning capacity. Not that "Because there are so many girls, and I marry one to satisfy my senses..."
- Before the Almighty Lord, any powerful living being is just like a toy lion in the hands of a playing child. No one can excel God in any capacity
- Bhagavata says that whatever capacity you may have, either you are a scientist or a lawyer or an engineer or a rich man, a capitalist, whatever you may be. Your duty is to utilize your talent for Krsna consciousness. That's all
- Both Lord Brahma and Lord Siva act only in one capacity: Lord Brahma can create, and Lord Siva can annihilate. But neither of them can maintain. Lord Visnu, however, not only maintains but creates and annihilates also
- By development of pure devotional service one can factually know the Lord as He is and thus be trained in the bona fide service of the Lord and be allowed to enter into the direct association of the Lord in so many capacities
- Caitanya continues, "Such behavior exhibited in loving service between the devotee and the devotee's lovable object, Sri Krsna, is transcendental. It is not possible for a common man to understand. Common men do not even have the capacity"
- Control... That is the distinction between animal and human life. Animal cannot control. The human civilized man must be, must have the capacity to control. That is human civilization. That is called tapasya
- Culture and business means you may do whatever business you are doing, according to your division, or according to your capacity. But if you want perfection in your business, then you must try to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead. That is culture
- Darkness can cover a small cave, but not the open sky. Similarly, the covering capacity of the material energy is limited and cannot act on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is therefore called vibhu
- Devotees are able to take the Supreme, the complete sunshine of Krsna, it is not the partiality of the sun or Krsna, but it is the capacity of the person who can take full advantage of the sunshine. One should come out of the darkness
- Dharma, religious system, is in the human society, not in the animal society. The animals does not... They have no knowledge; neither they have capacity to distinguish what is dharma, what is adharma
- Different bodies and capacities are simply transformations of the earth that exist in name only, for everything grows out of the earth and when everything is annihilated it again mingles with the earth
- Do not think for a moment that my interest is different from that of your Guru Maharaja. We are executing the will of Srila Prabhupada according to our own capacity. But combined effort would have been by far more better
- Every devotee in his perfectional stage has a spontaneous attraction to the Lord. This attraction is sometimes called the "lusty desire" of the devotee. The lust is the devotee's excessive desire to serve the Lord in a particular capacity
- Every one of us is spreading this Krsna consciousness movement according to his own capacity and producing many disciples to spread it all over the world
- Everyone is seeing God according to his capacity; the only difference is that the theist sees God as the Supreme Personality, the most beloved, Krsna, and the atheist sees the Absolute Truth as ultimate death
- Everyone should be employed. And his employment will be provided from any of these groups, according to his capacity. Either as a brahmana, or as a ksatriya, or as a vaisya, or as a sudra
- Grandfather Bhisma was very severely piercing Krsna's body with arrows, and Krsna was enjoying. That is the relationship between Krsna and His devotees. Krsna can be worshiped, Krsna can be loved, by any capacity
- Great personalities like Manu, Lord Brahma and Lord Siva cannot fully understand Your (Lord Krsna) glories and potencies. Nonetheless they have offered their prayers according to their own capacities
- I conclusively know these two names, Syamasundara and Yasodanandana. I do not understand any other meanings, nor have I the capacity to understand them
- If they will simply take to reading this transcendental literature we are presenting, the same reading capacity will elevate them to the highest perfection of spiritual life. So this is very important task we are doing
- If we transfer our reading capacity for these Vedic literatures, as very kindly presented by Vyasadeva, then it is quite possible for us to remember at the time of death the Supreme Lord
- In order to love Krsna in the same capacity
- In that pure stage of life (the highest platform of pure goodness), one can taste this nectar, and this tasting capacity is technically called rasa, or transcendental mood
- In the beginning of the SB it is said that unless one has the capacity to throw out, just like garbage, the fruitive results of ritualistic ceremonies, economic development and becoming one with the supreme (or salvation), one cannot understand SB
- In the Brahma-samhita it is said, vedesu durlabha. You go on studying all Vedic literature by your literary capacity or scholarship - durlabha. It is not possible. Vedesu durlabha
- In the capacity of a false enjoyer, without any obedience to the supremely powerful Lord, the living soul searches for permanent happiness life after life, but he does not know where the real happiness is
- In the Second Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Lord Brahma says, "Both Lord Siva and I are engaged by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to act in different capacities under His direction"
- In the Vedas it is said that only the Lord alone exists, and all others' existences depend on Him. He is the generating reservoir for everyone's existential capacity; He is the Supreme Truth of all other categorical truths
- In these spiritual planets the Supreme Lord as Narayana predominates, and the healthy, unconditioned living beings live there by rendering loving service to the Lord in the capacity of servant, friend, parents and fiancee
- In this old age whatever I am trying to do it is just to give a little service according to my capacity to Lord Caitanya's mission
- In this way, all the demigods began to present their respective gifts according to their different capacities. There are thirty-three million demigods, each entrusted with a particular department of universal management
- In Vedic times spiritually cultured people used to do everything for the sake of Visnu. They used to earn wealth according to their capacity for the service of Visnu
- It is foolish and artificial to think oneself equal to the Supreme Lord, and it is still more foolish to think that one has not seen God. Everyone is seeing God according to his capacity
- It is not that one becomes a devotee simply by renouncing the world and coloring the dress. But in any dress, in any capacity, one can satisfy Krsna if His cause is served
- It is understood that some millions of years ago when Lord Krsna spoke the Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god Vivasvan, Arjuna, in a different capacity, was also present
- Krsna is everywhere; why not in the temple? What is that argument? He is here also. But according to my capacity I can see temple, Krsna, very easily. So Krsna says, man-mana bhava mad-bhaktah. You come daily to the temple and see Him and think of Him
- Krsna is lovable, and one has to serve Him in whatever capacity one can. That is pure devotional service
- Ksatriya, he should be very brave, not to go away from fighting. He must have a ruling capacity. He must be charitable. In this way, ksatriya must execute his system of life
- Mayavadis are attractive. They are very educated. They can put things in jugglery of words. That capacity they have got. So people become amazed, almost everyone. So therefore they are not very much pleased with this movement, that "Krsna is God"
- Men are accustomed to reaching conclusions according to their capacity for understanding, but the Supreme Lord is not subject to our limited capacity for understanding
- O worshipful one (Brahma), please give us (Svayambhuva Manu and Satarupa) your direction for the execution of duty within our working capacity so that we can follow it for fame in this life and progress in the next
- Of course, any devotee in any capacity, either as servant, friend or conjugal lover, always has direct association with the Lord. But according to his different individual taste, a person desires for just one of these relationships
- One can offer prayers or service to the Lord according to one's particular capacity. This capacity is increased by the service spirit
- One has to receive the message of the spiritual master regarding how to act in one's capacity, for the spiritual master is expert in giving such instructions
- One has to spiritualize the senses before one can expect to see or perceive the Supreme Lord. But He is always engaged in His personal capacity, and He is eternally visible to the inhabitants of Vaikunthaloka, eye to eye
- One has to understand the position of prakrti, nature, and purusa, the enjoyer of the nature, and isvara, the knower who dominates or controls nature and the individual soul. One should not confuse the three in their different capacities
- One who has no basic walking capacity cannot walk by practice. Similarly, Krsna consciousness cannot be aroused simply by practice. Actually there is no such practice
- One who is beyond the limit of envy and who is sane accepts the order of his father with great delight and executes it to his full capacity
- So Mayavadis are attractive. They are very educated. They can put things in jugglery of words. That capacity they have got
- Such desire may seem to be a desire for enjoying the Lord, but actually the endeavor is to serve the Lord in that capacity. For example, a devotee may be desiring to associate with the Personality of Godhead as His cowherd friend
- Suppose one man earns ten rupees a day, and if he has to purchase ten rupees simply rice for the family, ten..., what for others? Then he becomes dishonest. He wants to earn money by taking bribe in his own capacity. So bribing has become a custom
- The Absolute Truth is one, advaya-jnana, without any duality, but according to our capacity, we realize the Absolute Truth from three different angles of vision. So one of them is realization of God in His impersonal Brahman feature
- The appearance of the Kumaras is both (vaikrta, e.g., mahat-tattva, false ego, sense perceptions, knowledge, working capacity, controlling deities, ignorant darkness and prakrta creations e.g., immovable entities, lower species of life, human beings)
- The body is made of senses. The conditioned soul wants to enjoy sense gratification, and, according to his capacity to enjoy sense gratification, he is offered a body, or field of activity
- The capitalist serves his family and the family serves the head man in terms of the eternal capacity of eternal being. In this way we can see no living being is exempted from the practice of rendering service to other living being
- The conditioned soul is covered by the material body, with the mind and the senses, and when he is liberated this material covering perishes, but his spiritual body manifests itself in its individual capacity
- The covering capacity of Maya can be employed on the part and parcel of Brahman, not on the Supreme Brahman
- The opulence of a person within this material world is estimated in terms of how well he is able to utilize his sexual capacities and how well he is able to satisfy his fastidious taste by eating palatable dishes
- The Personality of Godhead Visnu resides within each and every universe in two capacities, namely as the Garbhodakasayi Visnu and the Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- The personified Vedas continued, "A nondevotee's long duration of life is compared to the long existence of a tree, his voracious eating capacity is compared to the eating of dogs & hogs, & his enjoyment in sex life is compared to that of hogs & goats"
- The regulative principles of a battlefield, namely to abide by the order of the commander, must be followed. Otherwise it is impossible to direct the fighting capacity of the soldiers and thus defeat the opposing elements
- The sense perceptions are created in the third creation, and from these the elements are generated. The fourth creation is the creation of knowledge and of working capacity
- The shopkeeper serves the customer, and the artisan serves the capitalist. The capitalist serves the family, and the family serves the state in the terms of the eternal capacity of the eternal living being
- The whole universe is maintained by the integrating power of the Supreme Lord, who is known in that capacity by the name Sankarsana
- They are making livelihood, acaryas. They say, "Whatever is in our capacity, we are doing." The capacity means when they are speaking that the cockroach is as good a bird as the Garuda. Cockroach is also a bird and Garuda is also a bird
- This mutual cooperation can be established immediately. Apart from the point of the acharya question, I think everyone is working in his individual capacity
- This practice is not for developing something artificial. For example, a child learns or practices to walk. This walking is not unnatural. The walking capacity is there originally in the child, and simply by a little practice he walks very nicely
- This religious principle means to understand God. Either you take it, Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism, every religion is trying to understand God according to their capacity
- Those who are in the modes of ignorance and passion are averse to the existence of God, or else they formally accept the existence of God in the capacity of an order supplier
- Thus expanding Himself as the boys and calves in their individual capacities, and surrounded by such expansions of Himself, Krsna entered the village of Vrndavana. The residents had no knowledge of what had happened
- To identify oneself with Krsna's devotees, to always feel inability without the help of Krsna, and to always think oneself inferior to Krsna, even though one may have full capacity to perform something on his own
- Vedic knowledge means whatever is beyond the capacity of your senses, that you have to hear from the right source. Tad-vijnanartham sa gurum evabhigacchet (MU 1.2.12). And that is the teaching in the Bhagavad-gita
- Vidagdha-madhava of Srila Rupa Gosvami: "My dear Krsna, the touch of Your mother is so pleasing and cooling that it surpasses the cooling capacity of the pulp of sandalwood and of bright moonshine mixed with the pulp of usira root"
- When Krsna and Arjuna went to see Lord Visnu, it is to be understood that Arjuna visited in His Nara-Narayana capacity, just as Krsna, when He displayed His pastimes in Dvaraka, acted in His Vasudeva capacity
- When one is actually liberated from material contamination, he can always remember an eternal devotee in Vrndavana in order to love Krsna in the same capacity. And developing such an aptitude, one will always live in Vrndavana, even within his mind
- When one is thus promoted to the moon, he receives the capacity to enjoy the drinking of soma-rasa, a celestial beverage. The moon is a place where the demigod Candra is the predominating deity
- When we wish to develop our innate capacity for devotional service, there are certain processes which, by our accepting and executing them, will cause that dormant capacity to be invoked. Such practice is called sadhana-bhakti
- You cannot make one class of men. That is not very good arrangement. There must be different departments according to capacity
- You have to introduce real human civilization. You should not be surprised, an animal, in different shapes, in different capacity, comes out. After all, he is an animal. The basic principle is animalism. Because he is thinking, "I am this body..."