Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
release | released | releases | releasing
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Release"
The following 113 pages are in this category, out of 113 total.
- A person who is very enthusiastic in military activities and expert in releasing different kinds of weapons is called heroic
- A similar example of becoming stunned was visible in Arjuna when he saw that Asvatthama was attempting to release his brahmastra* at Krsna
- After hearing these words (from goddess Durga), Kamsa became very much overwhelmed with fear. Out of pity, he immediately released Vasudeva and Devaki from the bondage of their shackles and very politely began to address them
- After initiation, one is engaged in study of the sastra, which teaches the student how to gain release from materialistic life and return home, back to Godhead
- After installing Sahadeva on the throne, He (Krsna) released all the kings and princes who had been imprisoned unnecessarily by Jarasandha
- All the kings who were detained in the concentration camp to be killed before Mahabhairava were thus released by Bhima
- All the soldiers fighting on behalf of Salva soon became distressed by the incessant release of arrows upon them by the heroes of the Yadu dynasty, and Salva himself became unconscious from the attack of these arrows
- Almost all the soldiers of Salva had been killed, but when Salva saw that Krsna had come to the battlefield, he released a great, powerful weapon, which flew through the sky with a roaring sound like a great meteor
- Anyone who hears these (the killing of Sisupala and Jarasandha and the releasing of the imprisoned kings) narrations from authorized persons will immediately be freed from all the reactions of the sinful activities of his life
- As by releasing nuclear weapon there is radiation, similarly, we have got description that when Asvatthama released his brahmastra, there was a big radiation, people were feeling very terrible heat
- As criminal prisoners scatter as soon as their terms are over and they are released, all of us who have temporarily assembled as family members will continue to our respective destinations
- As far as Rukmi was concerned, his promise was not fulfilled, nor was his mission successful. He had come from home with his soldiers, military phalanx to defeat Krsna, release his sister, but on the contrary he lost all his soldiers & military strength
- As I tried to release the net, I touched the body, and as soon as I touched it, a ghost entered my heart
- Balarama said, "I do not think we should disturb our good relationship; we should continue our friendship without any unnecessary fighting. Please, therefore, immediately release Samba and bring him, along with his wife, Laksmana, before Me"
- Balarama's idea was that if the Kuru dynasty could be induced to release Samba along with his wife, Laksmana, then the fight could be avoided. He therefore immediately arranged for a nice chariot to go to Hastinapura, accompanied by learned priests
- Because he (Rukmi) was a ksatriya, he could remember his promise that he would not return to his capital city, Kundina, without killing Krsna and releasing his sister, which he had failed to do
- Being distressed by hunger and thirst was only a show, because the King (Pariksit) endured much, even in the womb of his mother. He was never disturbed by the glaring heat of the brahmastra released by Asvatthama
- Bhima did not take steps against the sons of Dhrtarastra for a long time. Vidura's inquiry was whether he had yet released his anger, which was like a suffering cobra. When a cobra releases its venom after long-cherished anger, its victim cannot survive
- Brahma is also afraid of his death, and thus he performs devotional service to the Lord, just to release himself from the clutches of illusory energy
- By His liberal behavior, Krsna released all the kings who had been in the clutches of Jarasandha, & the kings, being fully satisfied, began to chant His holy name, think of His holy form, glorify His transcendental pastimes as the SPG
- Draupadi could not tolerate Asvatthama's being bound by ropes, and being a devoted lady, she said: Release him, release him, for he is a brahmana, our spiritual master
- Draupadi desired that Asvatthama be at once released, and it was all the same a good sentiment for her
- Due to the other power (avaranatmika), a conditioned soul feels satisfied even if he is rotting in the body of a pig or a worm in stool. To release a conditioned soul from material bondage is very difficult because the spell of maya is so strong
- During the time of cow-stealing in Virata-nagara, Susarma was able to arrest Maharaja Virata, but later Maharaja Virata was released by Bhima
- Each of Pradyumna's arrows had a golden feather at the end, and the shaft was fitted with a sharp iron head. By releasing twenty-five such arrows, Pradyumna severely injured Salva's commander in chief
- Each time he had to return home disappointed. Each time, the princely order of the Yadu dynasty arrested Jarasandha in the same way and again released him in an insulting manner, and each time Jarasandha shamelessly returned home
- Especially in the human form of body, one's duty is to act in such a way that he can release himself from his encagement, but without the instructions of Narada or his representative in the disciplic succession, people blindly engage in bodily activities
- Even a criminal in the prison house, if he becomes submissive that "Henceforward I shall be law-abiding. I then shall obey the government laws very obediently," then sometimes he is released prematurely on account of giving a declaration
- He (Lord Krsna) protects His devotees and slays the atheistic demons, thus giving the latter troublesome release, so to speak, in impersonal liberation
- He (Pradyumna) killed the carriers like the horses and elephants by releasing three arrows directed toward each one
- He (Pradyumna) then released another one hundred arrows toward the body of Salva. After this, he pierced each and every soldier by releasing one arrow, he killed the chariot drivers by firing ten arrows at each one of them
- He does not pay the revenue to the King, but he wants My help for release. This is a greatly sinful affair. I cannot tolerate it here
- He said, "Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has eaten this food. If you take His remnants, you will be released from the bondage of your family"
- Here are five thousand gold coins. Please accept them. By releasing me, you will receive the results of pious activities and gain material profit as well. Thus you will profit in two ways simultaneously
- I have been requesting my disciples for sometime to release me from the management aspects of ISKCON so I can be free to translate
- If one releases a conditioned soul or imprisoned person according to religious principles, he himself is also released from material bondage by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- If people do not take to Krishna and simply want to utilize the Goddess of Fortune for sense gratification as it was the policy of the demons like Ravana and Hiranyakasipu, then the finishing touch will certainly culminate in releasing the nuclear weapon
- In his letter to Sanatana Gosvami, Srila Rupa Gosvami wrote, "We two brothers are starting out to go see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. You must also somehow or other get released and come meet us"
- In this way Sanatana Gosvami convinced the jailkeeper, who replied, "Please hear me, my dear sir. I am willing to release you, but I am afraid of the government"
- In this way, Sanatana Gosvami was released. However, he was not able to walk along the path of the fortress. Walking day and night, he finally arrived at the hilly tract of land known as Patada
- Indra, King of heaven, severed the heads of Bala and Paka and released the weapon known as kulisa, the thunderbolt, against Namuci's shoulder
- It (Salva's weapon) was so bright that the whole sky was lit up by its presence. But as soon as Lord Krsna appeared, He tore the great weapon into hundreds and thousands of pieces by releasing His own arrows
- It is not Gopinatha who sent all those men so that You would release him from his plight. Rather, his friends and servants, seeing his distressed condition, informed You because they all knew that Gopinatha is a soul surrendered unto You
- Kamsa had been forcibly ruling the kingdom of Yadu, in spite of the presence of his father, whom he had arrested. But after the death of Kamsa, his father was released and announced to be the monarch of the Yadu kingdom
- Krsna desired that the weapons released by both Drauni and Arjuna be withdrawn, and it was carried out by Arjuna at once. Similarly, there are many agents of the all-powerful Lord, and by His will only can one execute what He desires
- Lord Siva then began to release all his selected weapons against the Personality of Godhead. Lord Sri Krsna, without any difficulty, counteracted all these weapons with counterweapons
- Lord Siva then took to his last resort. He released his greatest death weapon, known as Siva-jvara, which destroys by excessive temperature
- Lord Visnu in the form of a brahmacari released Lord Siva from the impending danger and saved the whole situation
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was kind enough to order him released, and when he admitted to being a tributary prince under Maharaja Yudhisthira, Queen Draupadi also desired his release. After this incident, he was allowed to return to his country
- My Lord (Krsna), when Jarasandha is killed, queens of all the imprisoned kings will be joyful at their husbands' being released by Your mercy that they will sing Your glories, being as pleased as the gopis were when released from the hands of Sankhacuda
- One party might release an arrow which would cause water to pour from the sky, and to counteract this, the opposing party would have to release an arrow which could immediately turn the water into clouds
- One should not become mother, one should not become father, if he cannot release his children from the clutches of death
- Paka, another demon, attacked both the chariot (of Indra), with all its paraphernalia, and the chariot driver, Matali, by fitting two hundred arrows to his bow and releasing them all simultaneously. This was indeed a wonderful act on the battlefield
- People are in ignorance, they are suffering, and it is especially India's business to release them from this material suffering and give them information about the Vaikuntha world, the world of no anxiety
- Sanatana Gosvami continued, "Previously I have done much for you. Now I am in difficulty. Please return my goodwill by releasing me"
- Sanatana replied, "I do not know who Krsna is. As far as I am concerned, I have been released from prison only by Your mercy"
- Seized by fear, all the Pathana soldiers immediately released the four persons. Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not see His personal associates arrested
- Since the argument (about Samba's release) was not settled, Balarama showed His power in such a way that all of Hastinapura trembled and would have been vanquished as if by a great earthquake
- Somehow or other get yourself released and come to Vrndavana. After writing this, the two brothers (Rupa Gosvami and Anupama) went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately replied, "Sanatana has already been released from his confinement, and he will very soon meet with Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Sanatana Gosvami, "How were you released from prison?" Sanatana then described the story from beginning to end
- Sukadeva Gosvami assured Maharaja Pariksit that the pastimes of Lord Krsna - the killing of Sisupala and Jarasandha and the releasing of the imprisoned kings - are all transcendental vibrations
- The demon Bhaumasura immediately released a weapon called Sataghni, by which he could kill hundreds of warriors with one stroke, and all his assistants simultaneously threw their respective weapons at the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The kings and princes released by Lord Krsna after the death of Jarasandha were rulers of different parts of the world
- The living entity traps himself in a network of his own fruitive activities and then can find no way to release himself. Thus he is always bewildered, and repeatedly he dies
- The Muslim caudhuri told Raghunatha dasa, "You are my son from this day on. Today, by some means, I shall have you released"
- The Nagapatnis (wives of Kailya) knew that Krsna is the shelter of all surrendered souls, and they desired to release their husband from the impending danger by pleasing the Lord with their prayers
- The Personality of Godhead, who appears in the mind of the devotee by attentive devotion and meditation and by chanting of the holy name, releases the devotee from the bondage of fruitive activities at the time of his quitting the material body
- The sage Saunaka said: The womb of Uttara, mother of Maharaja Pariksit, was spoiled by the dreadful and invincible brahmastra weapon released by Asvatthama. But Maharaja Pariksit was saved by the Supreme Lord
- The sages assembled in the forest of Naimisaranya inquired from Suta Gosvami about the birth of Maharaja Pariksit, but in the course of the narration other topics like the release of the brahmastra by the son of Drona were narrated
- The sharp arrows released from the bow of Dhruva Maharaja pierced the shields and bodies of the enemy, like the thunderbolts released by the King of heaven, which dismantle the bodies of the mountains
- The soldiers fighting on behalf of Salva were also very strong, and the release of their arrows also harassed the heroes of the Yadu dynasty. But still the Yadus were so strong and determined that they did not move from their strategic positions
- The specific function of brahmastra is that when this weapon is released, it will kill the particular man wherever he is; it will go there and kill him. It doesn't matter whether he is in front or in somewhere
- The ultimate aim of religious performances is to release oneself from material bondage and regain the life of freedom in the transcendental world, where the Personality of Godhead is the Supreme Person
- The womb of Uttara, mother of Maharaja Pariksit, was spoiled by the dreadful and invincible brahmastra weapon released by Asvatthama. But Maharaja Pariksit was saved by the Supreme Lord
- The yogi, as above mentioned, who controls the life air in his own way, generally releases the life air by puncturing the cerebral hole in the head
- Their (Bhaumasura's soldiers and commanders) arms, legs and heads separated from their trunks, and all their horses and elephants also fell with them. In this way, all the weapons released by Bhaumasura were cut to pieces by the Lord's arrows
- Then the government took all the horses for a proper price, a time was set for payment of the balance, and Gopinatha Pattanayaka was released
- There is no end to sense gratificatory business, and the conditioned soul becomes entangled in such servitude without hope of release. The release is only effected by association with pure devotees
- To get past the toll collectors along the way, Madhavendra Puri was supplied with the necessary release papers from government officers. The papers were placed in his hand
- To release a conditioned soul from material bondage is very difficult because the spell of maya is so strong. Even when God Himself descends to deliver conditioned souls, asking them to surrender unto Him, the conditioned souls do not agree
- Two brahmastra weapons released, one by Asvatthama and by Arjuna, it created a havoc, catastrophe. And the people were suffering
- Uddhava said, "(If we can somehow gain victory over Jarasandha) The imprisoned kings will be released, and with great pleasure we shall enjoy the spread of Your transcendental fame for having saved the innocent kings whom Jarasandha has imprisoned"
- Uddhava said, "Considering all these (conquer demoniac kings like Jarasandha and Sisupala, release the pious imprisoned kings and perform the great Rajasuya sacrifice) points, I think that Your Lordship should immediately proceed to Hastinapura"
- Uddhava said, "My Lord (Krsna), it appears that You are to go personally to Hastinapura to conquer demoniac kings like Jarasandha and Sisupala, to release the pious imprisoned kings, and also to perform the great Rajasuya sacrifice"
- Upon regaining consciousness and being released from the punishment, Kaliya got back his life force and the working power of his senses. With folded hands, he humbly began to pray to the Supreme Lord Krsna
- We have released one Hare Krishna record through the famous record manufacturers, the Apple Company, and by the Grace of Krishna it is being sold on the average 20,000 copies per week in London alone
- What is the fault on the part of the King? He wants the government's money. However, when they are punished for failing to pay the government its due, they come to Me to release them
- When he (Maharaja Pariksit) was in the womb of his mother, a brahmastra weapon was released by Asvatthama to kill the child
- When he was arrested and he was being judged by Alexander, the thief pleaded that "What is the difference between you and me? You are a great thief. I am a small thief." So Alexander understood it and got him released, "Yes." This is generosity
- When his (Arjuna's) inimical cousin Duryodhana was under the clutches of the Gandharvas, he wanted to save him and requested the Gandharvas to release Duryodhana, but the Gandharvas refused, and thus he fought with them and got Duryodhana released
- When Lord Siva released a particular weapon bringing about a violent hurricane on the battlefield, Lord Krsna presented just the opposing element, a mountain weapon, which checked the hurricane on the spot
- When Lord Siva released his personal weapon, called Pasupata-astra, Krsna immediately counteracted it with the Narayana-astra. Lord Siva then became exasperated in fighting with Lord Krsna. Krsna then took the opportunity to release His yawning weapon
- When Lord Siva released his weapon of devastating fire, Krsna counteracted it with torrents of rain
- When the Siva-jvara personified was released, he had three heads and three legs, and as he came toward Krsna it appeared that he was burning everything to ashes. He was so powerful that he made blazing fire appear in all directions
- When they met, they had many conversations. Sanatana Gosvami told him in detail about his arrest and release
- When this (yawning) weapon is released, the opposing party becomes tired, stops fighting and begins to yawn. Consequently, Lord Siva became so fatigued that he refused to fight anymore and began yawning
- While Kamsa was speaking to his brother-in-law and sister, tears flowed from his eyes, and he fell down at their feet. Believing the words of Durga-devi, whom he had tried to kill, Kamsa immediately released his brother-in-law and sister
- With the death of Kamsa his cows were released, and now Vasudeva gave the actual cows to the brahmanas. Then Balarama and Krsna were duly initiated with the sacred thread ceremony, and They repeated the chanting of the Gayatri mantra