Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
reflect | reflected | reflecting | reflecting | reflection | reflections | reflective | reflectors | reflectory | reflects
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Reflection"
The following 122 pages are in this category, out of 122 total.
- A drunkard, for example, or a person with heart disease, sometimes feels that the land is moving. Similarly, the reflections of trees in a flowing river also appear to move. These are the actions of maya
- A person who is detached from the modes of material nature remains just like the sun reflected on water. When the sun is reflected on water, the movement of the water or the coolness or unsteadiness of the water cannot affect the sun
- A reflection is temporary, for it is sometimes seen and sometimes not seen. But the origin from whence the reflection is reflected is eternal
- A reflection of the sun in a mirror or on water appears to be the sun but is not. Similarly, the material world is but a reflection of the spiritual world. Although it appears to be factual, it is not
- Akrura sat on his bed and began to reflect that all the desires he had contemplated while coming from Mathura to Vrndavana had been fulfilled
- Although the reflectory energy of the Lord displays various illusions to the eyes of persons with a poor fund of knowledge, the sane person knows clearly that the Lord can act, even from far, far beyond our vision, by His different energies
- Although there is no need to describe these reflections of ecstatic love, Rupa Gosvami gives some instances where there is no actual devotional service and such expressions are manifested
- As a person sees the reflection of his body in a mirror to be one with himself, whereas others see two bodies, in our material condition, in which the living being is affected and yet not affected, there is a difference between God and the living entity
- As soon as the dust of materialism is brushed aside, the clear mirror of the heart reflects the presence of the Lord. And as soon as we see Him we are automatically freed from all kinds of aspirations and frustrations
- As stated in the Brahma-samhita, all these gopis are expansions of Krsna's pleasure potency. Touching their bodies with His hands & looking at their pleasing eyes, He enjoyed the gopis as a child enjoys playing with the reflection of his body in a mirror
- As the moon reflected on water appears to the seer to tremble due to being associated with the quality of the water, so the self associated with matter appears to be qualified as matter
- As the one sun appears reflected in countless jewels, so Govinda manifests Himself (as Paramatma) in the hearts of all living beings
- At night in the rainy season the moving clouds reflecting the moonlight make the moon appear to be moving. This is called illusion. The spirit soul, or the living being, is the root of all the activities of the material body
- Because of its golden surface, it (the land between Manasottara Mountain and Lokaloka Mountain) reflects light like the surface of a mirror, and any physical article that falls on that land can never be perceived again
- Because of the movements of the water, the trees on the bank of a river, when reflected on the water, seem to move. Similarly, when the eyes move because of some mental derangement, the land appears to move also
- Both the gopis and Krsna are complete. The gopis' ecstatic love is like a mirror that becomes newer and newer at every moment and reflects Krsna's bodily luster and sweetness. Thus competition increases
- By the illumination of all the moons, brightened by the reflection of the Krsna sun, or by the grace of all the devotees of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the entire world will be illuminated, despite the darkness of Kali-yuga
- By the understanding of the pure soul, called satya-drk, one can see everything as a reflection of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Hiranyakasipu addresses Prahlada, "My dear son, association is very important. It acts just like a crystal-stone which will reflect anything which is put before it"
- His (Sukadeva) collarbone was fleshy, his chest broad and thick, his navel deep and his abdomen beautifully striped. His arms were long, and curly hair was strewn over his beautiful face. He was naked, and the hue of his body reflected that of Lord Krsna
- His light is diffused not only in the spiritual world but beyond that. In the material world also, that light is reflected by the sun globe, and the sunlight is reflected by the moon globe
- If Lord Jesus Christ said "Thou shalt not kill'', or "Thou shalt do no murder'' to the people, it does not reflect very good social structure of the audience. Our philosophy is above all these things
- If you decorate your face, you do not see directly it has become beautiful, but when you see the reflection of your face in the mirror, then indirectly you can see the beauty. By serving Krishna directly the result of the service indirectly comes to us
- Illusion means which is not fact. So the fact must be there; otherwise how the illusion, reflection, comes? Illusion is exemplified by the mirage, water in the desert
- In Rupa Gosvami's Lalita-madhava, it is said: "One day Krsna happened to see the shadow of His beautiful form reflected on the jeweled foreground. Upon seeing this bodily reflection, He expressed His feelings"
- In the devotional service of neutrality there is sustenance, in chivalrous devotional service there is expansion, in compassionate devotional service there is reflection, in angry devotional service there is lamentation, and so on
- In the devotional service of neutrality there is sustenance; there is expansion in chivalrous devotional service; there is reflection in compassionate devotional service; in angry devotional service there is lamentation, and so on
- In the internal potential manifestation of the Vaikunthalokas, the actual tree exists, and the tree reflected in the material nature is only the shadow of this actual tree
- In the material world everything is but a reflection of the spiritual world, and that reflection is perverted. We cannot understand the affairs of the spiritual world on the basis of our experience in the material world
- In the spiritual world the topmost part is this conjugal love, and here, the same thing, when pervertedly reflected, it is the lowest abominable
- It is in fact the illumination of the Vaikunthalokas which is reflected in the material sky. Only by this reflection are the suns in the material universes illuminated; after the illumination of the sun, all the stars and moons are illuminated
- Jagai and Madhai had but one fault - they were addicted to sinful activity. However, volumes of sinful activity can be burned to ashes simply by a dim reflection of the chanting of Your holy name
- Just like the sun is great heat and light and by reflecting the greatness of the sun's light the moon in dead of night also appears great
- Krsna being richly dressed, richly fed, it will be reflected on you. Krsna is not in necessity, but we should dress Krsna with the first-quality ornaments. In India, the Deities, They are given very, very valuable jewelry
- Krsna says, "What appears to be truth without Me is certainly My illusory energy, for nothing can exist without Me. It is like a reflection of a real light in the shadows, for in the light there are neither shadows nor reflections"
- Laksmana said, "He (Krsna) placed the arrow, and looking only once at the reflection of the fish in the water, He shot the arrow, and the pierced fish immediately fell down"
- Laksmana said, "Heroes like Jarasandha, Ambastha, Sisupala, Bhimasena, Duryodhana and Karna were, of course, able to string the bow, but they could not pierce the fish, because it was covered, and they could not trace it out from the reflection"
- Laksmana said, "I carried in my hands a golden necklace bedecked with jewels, which glittered at intervals. My curling hair encircled my face, which shone with a bright luster due to the reflection of my various earrings"
- Laksmana said, "The celebrated hero of the Pandavas, Arjuna, was able to see the reflection of the fish on the water, but although with great care he traced out the location of the fish and shot an arrow, he did not pierce the fish in the right spot"
- Laksmana said, "The difference between the competition in your svayamvara and mine was that in yours the fish was hanging openly on the ceiling, in clear view, but in mine the fish was covered and could be seen only by its reflection in a pot of water"
- Like the original moon in the sky, the moon reflected on the water should also not quiver, but because of being associated with water, the reflection appears to be quivering, although in actual fact the moon is fixed
- One day, Brahma, the creator of the living entities, beheld his own reflection in the water, and admiring himself, he evolved Kimpurusas as well as Kinnaras out of that reflection
- One of the cowherd boys said, "Yes, what you say is true. This animal’s upper lip appears to be just like the sunshine, and its lower lip is just like the reflection of red sunshine on the ground"
- One should be captivated by this information. He should desire to transfer himself to that eternal world and extricate himself from this false reflection of reality
- One who attains full knowledge of these different rasas, which are the basic principles of activities, can understand the false representations of the original rasas which are reflected in the material world
- Only the devotees of LC can dissipate the darkness of Kali-yuga. No one else can do so. We therefore wish that all the devotees of the KCM may reflect the supreme sun and thus dissipate the darkness of the entire world
- Regarding love affairs in the material world: they are only shadows or reflections of the real love with Krishna
- Roots upwards of a tree means
- Rukmini's raised breasts were smeared with kunkuma and saffron; thus her beauty was enhanced by the reflection of the reddish color emanating from her covered breasts
- Rupa Gosvami therefore says that even if the reactions to chanting are manifested in the impersonalist's body, they should not be considered to be symptoms of actual attachment, but reflections only
- Simply by the association of such pure devotees, the moonlike rays from their hearts reflect on him, and by the influence of the pure devotees he may show some likeness of attachment caused by inquisitiveness, but this is very flickering
- So-called scientists, physiologists, empiric philosophers, etc., become dazzled by the glaring reflection of the sun, moon, electricity, etc., and deny the existence of the Supreme Lord
- Sometimes a reflection of the sun is experienced in place of the sun, but its illumination is never possible independent of the sun
- Sometimes devotees in santa-rasa become stunned, peaceful, jubilant, deliberate, reflective, anxious, dexterous and argumentative. These symptoms indicate continuous ecstasy, or established emotion
- Sometimes impersonalists who are not actually in devotional service may also exhibit such symptoms of ecstatic love, but this is not accepted as actual ecstasy. It is a reflection only
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then began to talk like this: "Is Cupid personified present with the effulgence and reflection of the kadamba tree"
- Sustenance, manifestation, expansion, reflection and lamentation are the five visible symptoms in exchanges of ecstatic love. The test of devotional service can therefore be made in terms of these five symptoms
- Svayam-jyotih: He (God) is light Himself. We have experience in the material world of one light's being a reflection of another, just as moonlight is a reflection of the sunlight. Sunlight is also the reflection of the brahma-jyotir
- That atma is present within this body, that is understood by the presence of consciousness. Just like we are here in this room, but this light is the reflection of the sunshine. We understand there is sun in the sky
- That night the Lord stayed at the temple of Harideva, and during the night He began to reflect
- That reflection in the water, of the tree, is not real. Real tree is up. Similarly, real enjoyment, real varieties - everything is in the spiritual world. It is simply reflection. It is not fact. Therefore our enjoyment here is called maya, or illusion
- The attitude of the gopis is like a mirror upon which the reflection of Krsna's beauty develops at every moment
- The chanting of Hare Krsna, is so nice and transcendental that it will eventually melt even the hearts of persons who are impersonalists. Rupa Gosvami says that the impersonalists' symptoms are simply reflections of ecstatic love, not the real thing
- The erotic principles of amorous love reflected in mixed material values are perverted reflections of the reality of spirit, but one cannot understand the reality unless one is sufficiently educated in the spiritual science
- The exceptional beauty of the laughter of Lord Visnu is that when He smiles His small teeth, which resemble the buds of jasmine flowers, at once become reddish, reflecting His rosy lips
- The goddesses of fortune are partial manifestations of Srimati Radhika, and the queens are reflections of Her image
- The impersonalists misinterpret the theory of reflection, and thus they wrongly accept the individual consciousness as the supreme consciousness
- The impersonalists' theory that Brahman is void of all variegatedness is false because the shadow-tree described in Bhagavad-gita cannot exist without being the reflection of a real tree
- The independence of the individual living entity is not real independence, but is just the reflection of the real independence existing in the Supreme Being
- The light of the sun and moon reflected on matter makes the matter bright and praiseworthy. The living symptoms are compared to the light of the sun and the moon illuminating material manifestations like trees and mountains
- The Lord constantly exhibited a state of mind reflecting the madness of separation. All His activities were based on forgetfulness, and His talks were always based on madness
- The manifested cosmic creation appears to be reality, but it is simply a reflection of the true reality, which exists in the spiritual world. In the spiritual world there are no mirages
- The material world is shadow reflection of the spiritual world. Unless the original thing is there in the spiritual world, it cannot be reflected in the material world
- The Mayavadi philosophers consider Deity worship in devotional service to be pratibimba-vada, or the worship of a form that is the reflection of a false material form
- The Personality of Godhead is the original feature of the Lord, and His impersonal emanation is but the reflection of His transcendental body
- The Personality of Godhead said: O Brahma, whatever appears to be of any value, if it is without relation to Me, has no reality. Know it as My illusory energy, that reflection which appears to be in darkness
- The purpose of the Vedas, as disclosed by the Personality of Godhead Himself, is to cut down this reflected tree and attain the real tree of the spiritual world
- The reflected rays of His body mix with maya, and thus maya gives birth to myriad universes
- The sun is reflected in many waterpots, but the reflections of the sun in the many pots are not actually the sun. There is no actual heat or light from the suns in the pots, although they appear like the sun
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, although eternally present in His transcendental abode, Goloka Vrndavana, is reflected in everyone's heart as the Supersoul
- The supreme powerful is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna, or Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and His devotees are also bright and illuminating because they reflect the supreme sun
- The Supreme Whole is compared to the sun, which also exists in four features, namely the personality of the sun-god, the glare of his glowing sphere, the sun rays inside the sun planet, and the sun’s reflections in many other objects
- The television image is manifested in millions of expansions, but those expansions cannot act differently; they are simply reflections of the original and can only act exactly as the original does
- The tree of this material world is only a reflection of the real tree of the spiritual world. This reflection of the spiritual world is situated on desire, just as a tree's reflection is situated on water
- The two brilliant earrings on Her (Mohini-murti's) ears decorated Her shining cheeks like bluish reflections, and the hair scattered on Her face made Her even more beautiful to see
- The unwanted administrators, puffed up by false power and military strength, thus become engaged in fighting amongst themselves over ideological conflicts and so exhaust themselves of all powers. The history of the world reflects this
- The wrong conception of accepting this material manifestation as being divorced from the energy of the Lord is illusion, but it is not false. And this illusory conception is called the reflection of the reality in the darkness of ignorance
- There is an English proverb that says, "The face is the index of the mind." If one is angry, his anger is immediately expressed in his face. Similarly, other mental states are reflected by the actions of the gross body
- This body is a transformation of dirt, and the eatables are also a transformation of dirt. Please reflect upon this. You are blaming Me without consideration. What can I say?
- This hopelessness (what Kamsa felt) has a slight touch of attraction for Krsna, it is considered to be a reflection of ecstatic love in hopelessness
- This material cosmic manifestation is but the reflection of the spiritual world. When one is actually liberated from the spell of the external energy, he can understand the constitutional nature of the Supreme Lord
- This material world is a reflection of the spiritual world. The material world is but a shadow of reality. In the shadow there is no reality or substantiality, but from the shadow we can understand that there are substance and reality
- This material world is the perverted reflection of the spiritual world; it is just like the reflection of a tree on the bank of a reservoir of water: the topmost part of the tree is seen as the lowest part
- Those in ignorance perceive that there are many small suns reflected in each and every pot
- Thus in the spiritual sky there are varieties of pastimes within the spiritual energy. Outside the Vaikuntha planets appears the impersonal reflection of light
- We have experience of a tree whose roots are upward: if one stands on the bank of a river or any reservoir of water, he can see that the trees reflected in the water are upside down. The branches go downward and the roots upward
- When one engages fully in the activities of devotional service, bhakti-yoga, he becomes just like the sun reflected on water
- When something is offered to the Lord it is for the benefit of the devotee, for the Lord does not need service from anyone. To give an example, if one's face is decorated, the reflection of one's face in a mirror is also seen to be decorated
- When something is reflected on the water, it appears to be moving. When it is reflected on ice, it appears fixed. When it is reflected on oil, it appears hazy. The subject is one, but under different conditions it appears differently
- When the luminaries in the sky, such as the moon, the sun and the stars, are reflected in liquids like oil or water, they appear to be of different shapes - sometimes round, sometimes long, and so on - because of the movements of the wind
- When the stereotyped, ritualistic brahmanas who were following the Vedic principles saw this ecstatic manifestation of love, they were struck with wonder. All these brahmanas began to reflect as follows
- When Uddhava came from Lord Krsna with a message for the gopis, all the gopis, especially Srimati Radharani, denounced Krsna in various ways. Such denunciations, however, reflect an exuberant loving attitude
- While Krsna was the charioteer of Arjuna, sun rays glittered on the dress of the Lord, and the beautiful hue created by the reflection of such rays was never forgotten by Bhismadeva
- While the gopis were thus engaged, the lamps reflected on their ornaments made the ornaments still brighter
- Without replying to a word of Krsna's statement, she (Rukmini) simply cried in great anxiety, as if drowning in an ocean of grief. She silently scratched the floor with her toenails, which reflected reddish light on the floor