Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
shadow | shadowed | shadows | shadowy
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Shadow Reflection (4 P)
Pages in category "Shadow"
The following 76 pages are in this category, out of 76 total.
- A devotee is interested in the spiritual world, not its shadow. Since he has realization of the supreme truth, a devotee is not interested in this temporary shadow of truth
- All these attachments (for His family members) of the Lord are manifestations of His internal potency, of which the external potency is only a shadow representation
- Although the material world is only a shadow of the spiritual world, the materially encaged living entities seek spiritual happiness here in a form perverted by materialistic attachment
- And, if by the manifestation of such shadow attachment one feels the disappearance of all material pangs, then it is called para attachment
- As soon as you give up Krsna, maya is ready. Just like side by side there is sun... shadow and light. If you push little from light then go to shadow. This is already side by side maya and Krsna
- At Ramesvara, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had a chance to read the Kurma Purana, in which He discovered that the form of Sita kidnapped by Ravana was not that of the real Sita but a mere shadow representation
- Dharma (in the form of a bull) asked: Madam (Bhumi), are you not hale and hearty? Why are you covered with the shadow of grief? It appears by your face that you have become black. Are you suffering from some internal disease?
- Durga is working simply just like shadow. As the shadow moves when the original substance moves, similarly, she is only working under the direction of Krsna. That's all. She is the external potency
- First of all, Brahma created from his shadow the coverings of ignorance of the conditioned souls. They are five in number and are called tamisra, andha-tamisra, tamas, moha and maha-moha
- For God there is nothing evil. Just like the sun, there is no darkness. But for us there is light and darkness. Just like if you keep the sun back side, you will find darkness, your shadow. And if you keep yourself in front, sun, there is no darkness
- Form of Krsna means there is no shadow of any material contamination. Ananda-matram. Ananda-matram avikalpam aviddha-varcah. And not that... Suppose we are sometimes happy and next time I am unhappy, but this ananda is eternal
- If one commits offenses at the lotus feet of a devotee, one's shadow attachment or para attachment can be extinguished. This extinguishing is like the waning of the full moon, which gradually decreases and at last becomes dark
- If one remains in shadow, he cannot enjoy the facilities offered by light, and if one remains in light, he cannot be disturbed by the darkness of shadow
- If someone becomes attached to the principles of salvation or to merging into the existence of the brahmajyoti, his ecstasies gradually diminish into shadow and para attachment or else transform into the principles of ahangrahopasana
- If someone, without undergoing the regulative principles of devotional service or without being guided by a bona fide spiritual master, shows such imitative attachment, this is called shadow attachment
- In Brahma-samhita it is stated that the workings of the supremely powerful superintendent, Durga, are but shadowy indications of the workings of the Supreme Lord
- In our material experience we can understand that everything is ultimately produced of sunshine, but that does not mean everything is sunshine. Rather, other things cover the sunshine and creates a shadow
- In Rupa Gosvami's Lalita-madhava, it is said: "One day Krsna happened to see the shadow of His beautiful form reflected on the jeweled foreground. Upon seeing this bodily reflection, He expressed His feelings"
- In the Brahma-samhita her (Sati's) strength is described: she is capable of creating and dissolving many universes. But although she is so powerful, she acts under the direction of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, as His shadow
- In the internal potential manifestation of the Vaikunthalokas, the actual tree exists, and the tree reflected in the material nature is only the shadow of this actual tree
- In the mundane world there is also some shadow of such viraha. A loving wife, husband, or friend may for some time be maddened by the absence of the beloved. Such a state of mind, however, is not permanent
- It is also confirmed in the Brahma-samhita that the material potency, known as Durga, is acting just as a shadow which moves with the movement of the substance
- It is stated in Bhagavad-gita that this material world is just like a tree whose roots are up and branches down. This means that the material world is the shadow of the spiritual world
- Krsna and maya; light and shadow. If you don't serve Krsna, then you have to serve maya. And those who are serving maya in the name of Krsna, they are called Mayavadi
- Krsna says, "What appears to be truth without Me is certainly My illusory energy, for nothing can exist without Me. It is like a reflection of a real light in the shadows, for in the light there are neither shadows nor reflections"
- Material energy works fully under the direction of the Supreme Lord. It has no independent authority. It works as the shadow moves, in accordance with the movements of the object
- Material manifestations of things are but shadowy representations of reality. They are compared to mirages in the desert
- Maya is always there like a shadow, presenting reasons for refraining from devotional service but if we simply keep ourselves engaged in Krsna Consciousness, then Maya cannot touch
- Maya means forgetfulness of Krsna, and forgetfulness of Krsna and Krsna consciousness stand side by side like light and shadow
- More important than the body and mind is the spirit, which has been set aside without any proper culture of knowledge. As a result, the darkness of nescience has overshadowed the world and has brought about great unrest, disturbance, and distress
- One devotee tried to console a kadamba tree when the tree was lamenting because Krsna had not touched even its shadow
- Only by dint of Your inconceivable potency does this material world, although a shadow representation of the spiritual world, appear to be factual. No one can understand what You plan to do in the future
- Sage Kardama, husband of the great Devahuti, was manifested from the shadow of Brahma. Thus all became manifested from either the body or the mind of Brahma
- Shadow of the real beautiful girl
- Some of them (the cowherd boys) gladly followed the peacocks and imitated the onomatopoetic sounds of the cuckoo. While the birds were flying in the sky, the boys ran after the birds’ shadows along the ground and tried to follow their exact courses
- Srila Rupa Gosvami therefore offers his obeisances unto Krsna by saying, "Krsna, who is present as a human being, has as His mere shadow the whole material nature"
- Such shadow attachment or para attachment can develop by associating with a pure devotee or by visiting holy places like Vrndavana or Mathura
- That is real, and this is unreal. Just like shadow and reality. There is gulf of difference between the shadow and reality. So whatever love we see in this world, that love is only a perverted reflection of that real love with Krsna
- The cowherd boys would come out of the water when they saw their own shadows & stand imitating, making caricatures & laughing. They would also go to an empty well and make loud sounds, and when the echo came back, they would call it ill names and laugh
- The goddess of fortune was generated from His (Lord Krsna) chest, the inhabitants of Pitrloka from His shadow, religion from His bosom, and irreligion from His back
- The impersonalists' theory that Brahman is void of all variegatedness is false because the shadow-tree described in Bhagavad-gita cannot exist without being the reflection of a real tree
- The Kimpurusas and Kinnaras took possession of that shadowy form left by Brahma. That is why they and their spouses sing his praises by recounting his exploits at every daybreak
- The ksetrajna is the eternal spirit, whereas the ksetra is matter, which is temporary and ephemeral. This eternal truth is summarized in the Vedas in the aphorism brahma satyam jagan mithya: "Spirit is fact and the world is a false shadow"
- The living entity under the clutches of maya wants to enjoy this material world, but unless You (Krsna) give him directions and remind him, he cannot make progress in pursuing his shadowy objective in life
- The mahat-tattva, or shadow of pure consciousness, is the germinating place of all creation. It is pure goodness with the slight addition of the material mode of passion, and therefore activity is generated from this point
- The manifested cosmic creation appears as reality. But reality, of which this is but a shadow, is in the spiritual world
- The material creations are manifested for some time as perverted shadows of the spiritual kingdom and can be likened to cinemas. They attract people of less intelligent caliber who are attracted by false things
- The material world is a shadow phantasmagoria of the spiritual kingdom of the Lord, and because it is a shadow it is never eternal; the variegatedness in the material world of duality (spirit and matter) cannot be compared to that of the spiritual world
- The material world is just like a shadow resembling You. Indeed, one accepts this material world as real because it gives a glimpse of Your existence
- The material world is only a shadow representation of the anti-material world, and intelligent men who are clean in heart and habit will be able to learn, in a nutshell, all the details of the anti-material world from the text of the Bhagavad-gita
- The material world is shadow reflection of the spiritual world. Unless the original thing is there in the spiritual world, it cannot be reflected in the material world
- The mundaners are mostly worshipers of Durga-devi, the external energy of Krsna, but they do not know that Durga-devi is but the shadow energy of the Lord. Behind her astonishing display of material workings is the direction of the Lord
- The pseudo religionists have neither knowledge nor detachment from material affairs, for most of them want to live in the golden shackles of material bondage under the shadow of philanthropic activities disguised as religious principles
- The tree of the material manifestation is described in the Fifteenth Chapter of Bhagavad-gita as an asvattha tree whose root is upward. We have actual experience of such a tree when we see the shadow of a tree on the bank of a reservoir of water
- This imitative attachment can be divided into two headings - namely, shadow attachment and para (transcendental) attachment
- This material world is a reflection of the spiritual world. The material world is but a shadow of reality. In the shadow there is no reality or substantiality, but from the shadow we can understand that there are substance and reality
- Transcendental attachment, either shadow or para, can be nullified by different degrees of offenses at the lotus feet of pure devotees