Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
mirror | mirrors
Pages in category "Mirror"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- A reflection of the sun in a mirror or on water appears to be the sun but is not. Similarly, the material world is but a reflection of the spiritual world. Although it appears to be factual, it is not
- As a person sees the reflection of his body in a mirror to be one with himself, whereas others see two bodies, in our material condition, in which the living being is affected and yet not affected, there is a difference between God and the living entity
- As fire is covered by smoke, as a mirror is covered by dust, or as the embryo is covered by the womb, the living entity is similarly covered by different degrees of this lust
- As soon as the dust of materialism is brushed aside, the clear mirror of the heart reflects the presence of the Lord. And as soon as we see Him we are automatically freed from all kinds of aspirations and frustrations
- As stated in the Brahma-samhita, all these gopis are expansions of Krsna's pleasure potency. Touching their bodies with His hands & looking at their pleasing eyes, He enjoyed the gopis as a child enjoys playing with the reflection of his body in a mirror
- Because of its golden surface, it (the land between Manasottara Mountain and Lokaloka Mountain) reflects light like the surface of a mirror, and any physical article that falls on that land can never be perceived again
- Both the gopis and Krsna are complete. The gopis' ecstatic love is like a mirror that becomes newer and newer at every moment and reflects Krsna's bodily luster and sweetness. Thus competition increases
- I have noted your problems. My suggestion is that you please chant Hare Krishna Hare Krishna. This maha mantra cleanses the dust from the mirror of the mind and awakens us to a pure life of devotional service to the Lord, free from all anxieties
- If I (Lord Krsna) see My sweetness in a mirror, I am tempted to taste it, but nevertheless I cannot
- If you decorate your face, you do not see directly it has become beautiful, but when you see the reflection of your face in the mirror, then indirectly you can see the beauty. By serving Krishna directly the result of the service indirectly comes to us
- In Calcutta, there is a big temple. It is called Kaca-Kamini's temple. Kaca-Kamini means she was a prostitute, but she was kept by a very big businessman who was dealing in glass, mirrors and all...
- In the mirror of Radharani's heart, the transcendental features of Krsna appear increasingly new and fresh. In other words, the attraction of Krsna increases in proportion to the understanding of Srimati Radharani. Each tries to supersede the other
- Modernized material benefits are like the dust of material contamination. When this dust is agitated by the whirlwind of fruitive activity, it overcomes the heart. Thus the mirror of the heart is covered with dust
- My sweetness also has no room for expansion, yet it shines before that mirror in newer and newer beauty
- The attitude of the gopis is like a mirror upon which the reflection of Krsna's beauty develops at every moment
- The decorations included bright mirrors and hundreds and hundreds of camaras (white whisks made of yak tails). On top of the car were a neat and clean canopy and a very beautiful flag
- The disciples of Lord Siva arranged for Sati to be seated on the back of a bull and gave her the bird which was her pet. They bore a lotus flower, a mirror and all such paraphernalia for her enjoyment and covered her with a great canopy
- The eyes of Lord Jagannatha conquered the beauty of blossoming lotus flowers, and His neck was as lustrous as a mirror made of sapphires
- The pink, transparent toenails on the Lord's lotus feet are exactly like valuable gems polished to a mirror finish
- Then in a mirror she beheld her own reflection. Her body was completely freed from all dirt, and she was adorned with a garland. Dressed in unsullied robes and decorated with auspicious marks of tilaka, she was served very respectfully by the maids
- There are three degrees of covering of the living entity by which his pure consciousness is obscured. This covering is but lust under different manifestations like smoke in the fire, dust on the mirror, and the womb about the embryo
- There is constant competition between My sweetness and the mirror of Radha's love. They both go on increasing, but neither knows defeat
- When something is offered to the Lord it is for the benefit of the devotee, for the Lord does not need service from anyone. To give an example, if one's face is decorated, the reflection of one's face in a mirror is also seen to be decorated
- Wherever Lord Ramacandra visited, auspicious welcome gates were constructed, with banana trees and betel nut trees, full of flowers and fruits. The gates were decorated with various flags made of colorful cloth and with tapestries, mirrors and garlands