Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Questions On... Prabhupada's Life (1896 - 1977)
Pages in category "Questions On... Prabhupada's Life (1896 - 1977)"
The following 126 pages are in this category, out of 126 total.
- About my birth?
- And after you left the college, were you employed?
- And by origin you are from?
- And then were you at the university or the school or somewhere?
- And what were you in India before that? Did you have a religious background?
- And you had not bad days all your life. Or you were quarreling? I am sorry to intrude
- And you were having also a guru there (in Bengal)?
- And your own schooling, then, in the local schools in Calcutta?
- Are you married, sir? You say you have no connection with your family? Why? To do this, did you have to divorce? When did you renounce your family? How are they managing without you? Do you ever see them at all?
- At Radha-Damodara, did you cook yourself?
- At Vrndavana you studied at a later time, then, did you?
- At what age did you realize God?
- At what time did you have your own personal realization, Swamiji? At what age?
- Before you went to America, in India, before 1965, were people coming at all, Indian people, to learn anything? Were they interested in any way?
- Bhaktisiddhanta Prabhu, Bhaktisiddhanta your spiritual master. How you spent the days, your young age, with Bhaktisiddhanta?
- But you led a rather normal life - before this you were married. You were a businessman?
- Did they (Scottish Churches College) teach in English or Bengali?
- Did they (the European professors from Scottish Churches College) come mostly for missionary work? Was that their purpose?
- Did they try to make you Christian? Like that?
- Did you ever think at that time that you would be able to expand or...?
- Did you help to build that one?... Did you help to establish that Gaudiya Matha (In Allahabad)?
- Did you tell everyone you were leaving, or you simply disappeared?
- Did you then begin, after you finished the university, did you begin your writing?
- Did you yourself study Sanskrit at Vrndavana or...?
- Do any of them come now? Do any of them come now apart from Prabhakara?
- Do you go to this institute for a certain period of time (yes, there is a monastery. We have got institution, Gaudiya Math Institution. They have got hundreds of branches, yes)?
- Do you have children? You just left them?
- He was a good professor? He was a good man (Mr. Cameron)?
- How a man such as yourself, in such a high position and such hierarchy was able to leave all this in order to bring this message to others?
- How come you didn't cook your food where you were living?
- How did you become a disciple yourself?
- How did you feel about when they taught Darwin when you were in school?
- How did you find the transition, or how did it affect you, the transition from leading a life in the business world?
- How do you become qualified? How did you become qualified?
- How far would you carry Jagannatha (you used to take Jagannatha right through the streets)?
- How old were you (when a man wanted Prabhupada to become his son)?
- How old were you when you got married?
- How old were you when you got your Radha-Krsna Deity?
- How were you getting so much money (1944, the first copy. I get them from selling. Perhaps they had been, American… In those days I was spending three hundred rupees per month)?
- How you chose this America to be your first...?
- I was just wondering what exactly the League of Devotees was?
- I was told that one day you were told by Rupa Gosvami that you must go?
- If you hadn't been educated, father, well, how would you be able to have...?
- In Bombay, you were having your own business then?
- In Calcutta. And when you were there in Calcutta, did you receive the training?
- In the family. Any formal?
- Initiation (of Srila Prabhupada) was held at that Gaudiya Matha in Allahabad?
- Is he (this man here) one of your old friends?
- Is that the flat (one hundred, Seventy-second Street) that you were staying in that was broken into? Is that the place that was broken into?… That was where the typewriter was stolen?
- Isn't he (Dr. Urquhart) the one who said the woman's brain is thirty-two...?
- Manufacturing (in Bombay, you were having your own business then)?
- May I ask a personal question?... I heard that you were a chemist before?
- May I ask you, Your Excellency, your own background? Were you born in India? Were you born in any other...?
- My birth date?
- My master, many people are interested to know something about you, and I found just not enough to know about you, and I could write volumes about your life. Could you (tell us) about your life?
- Sir, who initiated you into this movement?
- Sometimes you were doing business with them (doctors in Vrindavana)?
- Srila Prabhupada was in Scottish Church (College in Calcutta)?
- Srila Prabhupada, is there any instance when you were chastised by your spiritual master?
- Srila Prabhupada, you first began to distribute Back to Godhead magazine by yourself, right, in India? You would go to the shops?
- Srila Prabhupada, you said that you were not so much impressed by the saintly persons that were coming... Why was that?
- St. Xavier's College (long ago in 1917 perhaps, in our college, we saw one magazine)?
- Swamiji, can I ask a question? How old are you, or, maybe I should say, how young are you?
- That (I was intermediate, I.A. I had history and Sanskrit) was at Calcutta University?
- That was in Vrndavana or Delhi (that you took sannyasa)?
- That was the same time that you took initiation (I preferred to hear him than go to parikrama. That he appreciated)?
- That's really what I was going to ask you. You must find life difficult preaching the values of brotherhood?
- The moral standard was very good (in your university)?
- Then that was after the university (Vrndavana, I studied the Vedic literature, Srimad-Bhagavatam, as I mentioned so many, Upanisads, Vedanta-sutra)?
- There must have been an element, though, of dissatisfaction then on your part, with the way God was being... Godhead was being professed in this part of the world before you came. Otherwise there would have been no sense in you coming here?
- They were a little strict. They were strict (we had all European professors)?
- Thirteen or twenty years (that you lived in Allahabad)?
- Travel on a coach like this, Srila Prabhupada?
- Was he (Mr. Bose) very close to your father?
- Was it difficult for you to give up what you had been doing in order to devote full time?
- Was that in Calcutta (we had very good professors. W. S. Urquhart, Dr. W.S. Urquhart, he was a Scotsman)?
- Were you a businessman?
- Were you born in this country?
- Were you having the experience?
- Were you just waiting to finish your books?
- What about yourself? How long have you had this understanding and awareness of God?
- What did you do? Did you work?
- What had you been doing previously (actually I came here at the age of seventy years)?
- What happened (I got so many good chances. But everything... Dr. Kartika Candra Bose he appreciated my activities, "Very intelligent boy." He certified to my father-in-law. This is the way of becoming rich man)?
- What is the standard of Calcutta University, Srila Prabhupada, at the time when Srila Prabhupada was in the University?
- What made you change (you led a rather normal life) suddenly?
- What was particularly nice about his devotional quality?
- What were you before that (a Hare Krsna man)?
- What were your activities after your initiation?
- What would you do with it (the carbon)?
- What, what were you doing, what did you do before this, before 1966?
- When did you begin, Your Excellency?... The Krsna movement, in the Krsna movement.
- When you went to Vrndavana, you'd given up the idea of coming to the West or...?
- Where and when did you learn English?
- Where did you go when you left Calcutta?
- Where in India did you come from originally?
- Where was the (Your) initiation ceremony?
- Where were you born?
- Which college (educated you)?
- Which place did you come?
- While you were in the college or afterwards, did you participate in any political movements?
- Who asked you (I was family man. I retired in 1954. My Guru Maharaja asked me to take this task seriously when I was twenty-five years old)?
- Why (did you like Gandhi's national movement)?
- Would you tell me something of your own background? That is, where you were educated, how you became a disciple of Krsna
- You founded the Krsna consciousness movement. How long ago was that?
- You founded this movement I think it was ten years ago, that's correct. Why was it that you left till you were so late in life before you founded it?
- You had a paternal guru?
- You have asked if I found it difficult to carry on devotional service when in my household life...
- You knew him before?
- You remember you went to that Kuruksetra meeting?
- You were a chemist yourself, were you not, in secular life before you took up the position you have...?
- You were belonging to Bengal?
- You were very well known in Vrndavana before you came? Because you were writing or…?… Or because of your ambition to come to the West?
- You were widely respected in India before you came to the United States?
- You were worshiping Jagannatha, weren't you?
- You would go to different libraries and colleges?
- Your father would not let you go any farther than this?
- Yourself and Gandhi were together for some time?