Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Qualities of a Brahmana
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► Detachment (16 C, 224 P)
- ► Knowledge (108 C, 1,099 P)
- ► Religious (13 C, 395 P)
- ► Wisdom (7 C, 30 P)
Pages in category "Qualities of a Brahmana"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- A devotee automatically attains the qualifications of an expert brahmana authorized to perform sacrifices, even though the devotee may not have taken his birth in a brahmana family. Such is the omnipotence of the Lord
- Asvatthama, although he's born of a brahmana father, he did not possess the quality of a brahmana, neither the work of a brahmana
- The brahmanas must keep clean externally by bathing regularly, and within by always chanting Hare Krishna. The symptoms of the brahmana are explained in the Bhagavad-gita and one should cultivate these qualities in their devotional service
- The brahminical stage is the highest stage of human life because of its good qualities. So one cannot be a devotee unless one at least qualifies as a brahmana
- The natural qualities by which the brahmanas work
- The stage of a devotee, which attracts the transcendental affection of the Lord, does not develop unless one has developed the qualities of a brahmana
- There is a stricture that no one should try to learn the Vedas who is not a qualified brahmana. This stricture has been wrongly interpreted in so many ways
- They (highly qualified brahmanas) concentrate only on the forms of Visnu because they are serious about liberation from the material conditions
- They (highly qualified brahmanas) know very well that those horrible features of the Supreme Lord are all different servitors of the Lord under different conditions, yet they reject the worship of both horrible and attractive features of the demigods
- This attainment of success (becoming enlivened as a spiritual being) is possible when one is above the modes of passion and ignorance, or, in other words, when one is actually a brahmana by qualification