Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
purchase | purchased | purchaser | purchasers | purchases | purchasing
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Purchase"
The following 103 pages are in this category, out of 103 total.
- Cannot purchase
- In Calcutta there are many butcher shops which keep a deity of the goddess Kali, and animal-eaters think it proper to purchase animal flesh from such shops in hope that they are eating the remnants of food offered to goddess Kali
- In my childhood, when I was five or six years old, I requested my father that "Father, give me this Deity. I shall worship." So father purchased for me little Krsna, Radha
- Purchase meat
- A pure devotee is constantly engaged. Sometimes he chants, sometimes he hears or reads books about Krsna, or sometimes he cooks prasadam or goes to the marketplace to purchase something for Krsna
- After wandering in the forest, Rohita returned to the capital of his father (Hariscandra). He purchased from Ajigarta his second son, named Sunahsepha. Then he offered Sunahsepha to his father, Hariscandra, to be used as the sacrificial animal
- All of you were feeling unhappy that no one was purchasing My goods and that I would have to carry them away. Therefore, by your will only, I have distributed them without charging
- Anything grown in the garden, that is hundred times valuable than it is purchased from the market
- As soon as there is some catastrophe, millions of such dollars could not buy bread. This actually happened in Germany; millions of marks could not purchase one piece of bread. All this is going on in the name of advancement of civilization
- As they came, bringing all kinds of food, Raghunatha dasa purchased it all. He gave them the price for their goods and later fed them the very same food
- Enclosed please find one set of japa mala, as a sample. I want to purchase similar style beads, as good, if not better, quality and in large numbers. These beads are available in Calcutta and especially in Navadvipa they have got the best quality beads
- Even if there is a slight doubt in this land purchasing matter, we shall not purchase. There must be no doubt. This man is legal-minded you say, therefore to my mind it is doubtful. It must be very cautiously examined
- Generally, people take to become a devotee of goddess Kali for eating meat. That is their purpose. In the Vedic culture, those who are meat-eaters, they have been advised that "Don't eat meat purchased from the slaughterhouse or from the market"
- Gopinatha Pattanayaka replied, 'There is no money I can immediately give you in cash. Please give me time. Gradually I shall purchase and sell my gross goods and in this way fill your treasury'
- He said, "All these members of my family are Your eternal servants. You have saved us from this great danger. Therefore You have purchased us for a proper price"
- How can you understand Bhagavad-gita? It is not a, not an ordinary book of knowledge, that you can purchase from the market, and read it and consult dictionary, and you can understand
- I am negotiating with one Mr. Javarali for purchasing a piece of land priced near about 13,000 Rs. Now, if I send you the equivalent in American dollars, whether it will be possible for you to pay him the above approximate price?
- I have seen many gentlemen, as teachers and educationists. As soon as he sees Srimad-Bhagavatam, "Oh, it is about God. Oh, we cannot purchase. We cannot purchase"
- I purchased one motorcar in 1925, Buick car. Not for personal use, but for using it as a taxi. My one nephew, he was a good driver, so my father, "Why don't you give him? He can do that, we can use it our own car, also taxi"
- If a man is not born rich and he wants to purchase a house, cars and other material things, he has to work hard day and night for many years in order to possess them. Thus happiness is not attained without undergoing some distress
- If one screw is lost, if you have to purchase from the market, you will have to pay some value. But the same screw, if it is not attached to the machine, it has no value. Similarly, we are very insignificant spiritual spark
- If we can stay at Bury Place that is Krsna's arrangement. Let Mr. Patel purchase the new property. In that case there is no need of sending the pass book. The transfer order may be torn up
- If we want jnana - because the jnanamaya-yajna is recommended the highest yajna - if we actually want jnana, then we have to first of all find out a person who is tattva-darsi. Just like if you have to purchase gold, you must know where gold is available
- If you can purchase vote by paying money, then where is democracy?
- If you go to purchase some medicine, the shopkeeper may say, "Now, here is a medicine equal to this medicine, and its price is less." So no sane man will purchase. "Why I shall purchase the imitation for being less price? Give me the original"
- Immediately we shall raise up a grand Temple and form a cooperative housing society of devotees of Krishna, and many respectable men will purchase flats in our skyscraper building
- In Bengali it is said, sastarthin abastra:(?) "If you purchase something cheap, it will always give you trouble." Better spend once, costly things, nice things
- In killing animals, there are eight kinds of criminals. That he has explained. One who is killing, one who is ordering, one who is purchasing, one who is eating, one who is cooking, in this way...
- It appears that in those days a man could be purchased for any purpose. Hariscandra was in need of a person to sacrifice as the animal in a yajna and thus fulfill his promise to Varuna, and a man was purchased from another man for this purpose
- It is foolish to claim that with the purchase of any travel ticket one may reach the same destination. No one can reach Bombay from Delhi by purchasing a ticket for Baroda
- It is stated in the Vedic literature that to purchase the most valuable thing, Krsna consciousness, one has to develop intense eagerness for achieving success. This intense eagerness is very nicely expressed by Bilvamangala Thakura
- King Nrga said, "All the cows were purchased with money earned legally. Furthermore, their horns were gold-plated, their hooves were bedecked with silver plating, and they were covered with necklaces and with silken wrappers embroidered with pearls"
- Krsna is not poor. And the Krsna-seller, the Krsna devotee, he is also not poor. He can distribute Krsna free. And he's doing that. Simply you have to purchase by your eagerness. That is wanted. Tatra laulyam
- Meat-eating allowed also: "All right. Just offer a goat before Kali and take that." Not purchase from the market or slaughterhouse. No. So these things are there just to gradually make him refrain from all these habits. Nivrtti. This is Vedic
- Merchant makes profit both ways - when the price goes down, he purchases, and when the price goes up, he sells. So our Krsna conscious men should be transcendental business men, and Krsna gives the right intelligence how to deal with all classes of men
- Mr. Harrison is purchasing 172 acres of land near London, and it is expected that he will construct a temple of Radha-Krishna there. This is also very encouraging news
- My Guru Maharaja purchased two camels. I do not know what happened, but he purchased
- My idea is to purchase land for agriculture so inmates may not depend on outsiders but grow food there and things may go on nicely
- My mother used to make puffed rice at home. So there is special rice available for making puffed rice. Either you can prepare at home or you can purchase in the market, special rice
- My position from the very beginning has been, give us our money back, we vacate, otherwise we take legal steps for acquiring the land according to the purchase agreement, as well as steps for insuring our protection, that's all
- Now print books. Don't use this money for any other purpose than publishing. Some percentage may be kept by you for getting your own house, either purchasing or constructing our own temple. If the present house is available, then purchase
- Now, I purchased this for one dollar. Oh, I am getting demand. I must charge five hundred times." No. That is irreligious
- Offering sacrifice before goddess Kali, that is also a restriction of meat-eating. You cannot eat meat by purchasing from the slaughterhouse. Oh, that is not recommended. If you want to eat meat, then you just sacrifice one goat
- One cannot go to Vrndavana by purchasing a ticket. The process of going to Vrndavana is shown by Akrura
- One should surrender to the Lord as much as an animal purchased from the market surrenders to its master. Such an animal never thinks of his maintenance because he knows that his master will look after him
- One should try to purchase a ticket to go back home, back to Godhead. The price of such a ticket is one's intense desire for it, which is not easily awakened, even if one continuously performs pious activities for thousands of lives
- People are advanced in education and knowledge. They think that "If I have to ask bread from God, so why shall I go to God? Let me earn money very nicely, and I can purchase bread. Why shall I go to church"
- Philosophy is there, direct, you should do like this, that's all. You do it and get the results. You go to purchase something, the price is fixed, you pay the price and take it. Where is argument?
- Please help me in realizing the money from Hitsaran, through the influence of Seth Dalmia or Hanuman Prasad Poddar. And purchase some Deities with the money, and then come back, and what can I say more?
- Please therefore purchase a house here in New York & let me work very seriously for this mission of Bhagavatam culture & I am sure that your goodness will not only be recognized by the Lord by you will be recognized by the whole Hindu community
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena. Simply you have to prepare your eyes, your mind in that way. Here is a television box within your heart. This is the perfection of yoga. It is not you have to purchase one machine, or television set. It is there
- Produce millions of TV machine. Simple they are used for wasting time. One or two or five made for some important business. Now they are producing millions of sets. They must sell. And people are induced to purchase
- Purchase something for my wife, for my children, for myself, spend the money. Again night comes, again sleep, again sex. Again day comes, all right, go to market, earn money and spend it. This is going on. This is called material life
- Pure devotional service can be attained only by paying one price, that is, intense greed to obtain it. If it is available somewhere, one must purchase it without delay
- Pure devotional service in KC cannot be had even by pious activity in hundreds and thousands of lives. It can be attained only by paying one price - that is, intense greed to obtain it. If it is available somewhere, one must purchase it without delay
- Raghunatha dasa immediately sent his own men to the village to purchase all kinds of eatables and bring them back
- Regarding purchasing of temples, if within our means and estimation it is possible, that is a good idea
- Regarding your desire to preach in Hindi and English, that is very nice. My suggestion is that you purchase one or two rooms in our Vrindaban centre. The price is Rs. 50,000 for one room or 60,000 for two rooms and you may have your choice of commodes
- Rohita returned to the capital of his father. He purchased from Ajigarta his second son, named Sunahsepha. Then he offered Sunahsepha to his father, Hariscandra, to be used as the sacrificial animal and offered Hariscandra his respectful obeisances
- Rukmini continued, "Unlike others, You (Krsna) do not require to purchase anything extraneously. With You all contrary things can be adjusted because You are absolute. You do not possess anything, but no one is richer than You"
- Rupa Gosvami advised, krsna-bhakti-rasa-bhavita matih kriyatam yadi kuto 'pi labhyate. He advises that "Krsna consciousness, if it is available, you purchase. You purchase anywhere it is available
- Some days before we had a talk regarding the property of Kanthaltala (Maternal uncle's house). Please have a discussion for purchasing that land. We want to keep our remembrance with that land
- Srikanta had 300,000 gold coins with him, which had been given to him by the emperor for the purchase of horses. Thus Srikanta was buying horses and dispatching them to the emperor
- Srivasa then replied to the Lord, "Why are You speaking in a contradictory way? Rather, we four brothers have been purchased by Your mercy"
- Suppose one man earns ten rupees a day, and if he has to purchase ten rupees simply rice for the family, ten..., what for others? Then he becomes dishonest. He wants to earn money by taking bribe in his own capacity. So bribing has become a custom
- Suppose when your, this shirt is torn, you have to purchase one shirt. Now, that shirt you have to purchase according to your price. If you have good price, then you get a good shirt. If you have no money, then you get a bad shirt. That's all
- That much intelligence, we must have that intelligence, that who is master. Suppose if you want gold, if you do not know where gold can be purchased, then he is cheated
- The administrative heads as a class will condemn the tenets of Vedic wisdom and will prefer to conduct a so-called secular state, and the so-called educated brahmanas will be purchased by such unscrupulous administrators
- The American Congress library purchasing department in India are pleased to purchase 18 copies of my Srimad-Bhagavatam, as soon as it is published and they have open order for it
- The diamond seller caters to a minority. Why are they allowed to sell. Always when there is something valuable only a minority will be able to purchase. Our books are not commercial, they are religion and philosophy
- The Lord addressed Srivasa and his brothers with great love and affection, saying, "I am so obliged that I am purchased by you four brothers"
- The mind sometimes induces us to think that if we purchase an automobile we can enjoy the physical elements, such as earth, water, air and fire, combined in forms of iron, plastic, petrol and so on
- The Muslims, they also cannot eat meat unless it is sacrificed in the mosque. There is no recommendation that you purchase from the market and the animal be slaughtered in the slaughterhouse
- The queens continued, "Dear black cloud, we must admit frankly that to establish an intimate relationship with Syamasundara means to purchase unnecessary anxieties while we are otherwise comfortable at home"
- The sacred thread is a symbolic presentation. Not that to purchase one two-paise worth sacred thread and one becomes brahmana
- There are different types of apartments. So you can take an apartment or purchase an apartment according to the price you pay. That is evolution. If you can pay more, then you can get nice body, nice apartment. This body is apartment
- There is a Bengali proverb "When you pay the price it becomes purified", just like if I purchase something and it is unclean in so many ways, but, because I have paid, it becomes purified
- There is a Bengali saying that one should not borrow money to purchase a gold earring. So I do not approve of this mortgaging transaction
- There is a brahmana. What is the proof now that he is a brahmana? He has got a sacred thread, that's all. Or thread. It may not be sacred; purchased on the market
- They are thinking that "We are not going to slaughterhouse to kill. They kill; we purchase"
- They offered Him food cooked at home, whereas other devotees would pay two panas of small conchshells to purchase Jagannatha's prasadam and then invite the Lord
- They would extend invitations to the Lord. Vasudeva Datta, Gadadhara dasa, Murari Gupta, the inhabitants of Kulina-grama and Khanda and many other devotees who were not brahmanas by caste would purchase food offered to Lord Jagannatha
- We have to consult from the Vedas and from the right person. Tad-vijnanartham sa gurum eva abhigacchet: from the guru. Not that you purchase one book, Vedas, from the market, and you become a Vedantist. No. That is not possible
- Western civilization. They are creating motor cars every year, and the bank is prepared to give you loan so that you may work day and night. Take loan from the bank and purchase a motor car and repay him by working so their machine will go on
- When a brahmana at whose home an invitation could be accepted invited Him, the brahmana would purchase part of the prasadam and cook the rest at home
- When a brahmana at whose home an invitation could not be accepted invited the Lord, he would pay two panas of conchshells to purchase the prasadam
- When Hariscandra was to sacrifice his son Rohita, Rohita arranged to save his own life by purchasing Sunahsepha from Sunahsepha's father to be sacrificed in the yajna
- When there is material transaction, if I want to purchase something, then I must have the requisite money to purchase. It is conditioned. But if you want to render service to God, or Krsna, there is no condition
- Without Vedic restrictions on the purchase of meat, people will purchase meat from the market, which will be overflooded with meat shops, and slaughterhouses will increase
- Yes. That if you want to eat meat and chicken, then you first of all sacrifice before their deity. So at least they'll be restricted from eating meat purchased from slaughterhouse
- You can purchase immediately one membership ticket for ISKCON. It costs only Rs. 1111/-, and on this ticket you can stay in any temple for as many days as you like
- You cannot purchase the books and read at home and become expert engineer, expert, no. That is not the process. Therefore the Vedic knowledge is called sruti. So we have to hear by parampara system
- You have purchased from the market, and some you are eating. So it is called inferior energy. The same fruit you offer to Krsna and eat, this is called superior energy
- Your mind was not disturbed by My tricks. Rather, you stayed fixed in your simplicity. In this way you have purchased Me