Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Room Conversations, 1972
- ♫ Click into a page that catches your attention and start hearing short audio clips of Srila Prabhupada's Vani. Each page has an audio clip of between 1 to 15 minutes.
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Room Conversations, 1972"
The following 132 pages are in this category, out of 132 total.
- A dog cannot be educated to understand God but a man can be. So if this human life is misused in the matter of animal propensities then it is a great loss. His propensities for understanding God should be aroused that is real education
- A king, there must be one king responsible. But he was guided by the ministers and learned brahmanas, sages. There was a body to guide him, to train him. Therefore, the monarchical government was perfect
- A living being, to become desireless, how you can? I am living. I am not a dead body. Desire should be to satisfy Krsna. Attachment should be for Him. That's all. You have to change. That is Krsna consciousness
- A man should not live like cats and dogs, because he has got a mission. That mission is God realization. Cats and dogs cannot do it; human beings can do it. Therefore in any civilized human society, there is a type of religion
- A Vaisnava is not less intelligent; he can manage anything. But that does not mean that he is attached to anything. This example we get from Sri Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami
- According to Vedic system, girls 16 years and boys 25, they should be married. There must be difference of age 8 to 10 years. That is nice. And before that none of them should have sex life
- Actually, these ideas what we have explained in our books, they're unknown to the modern world
- After Lord Caitanya's disappearance Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami went to Vrndavana to associate with the other Gosvamis, and he remained mostly at Radha-kunda. His tomb is there still in Radha-kunda
- Allen Ginsberg told me, Swamiji, you are very conservative. I said that I am the most lenient. I'm not conservative. You are conservative. You cannot give up your bad habits
- Anyone who has accepted the lotus feet of Lord Caitanya as everything - all the riches and all wealth - immediately he enters in the kingdom of devotional service. He tastes without taste
- As far as we know from sadhu-guru-sastra. That's all. That is our understanding
- As I am old man, I am traveling all over the world, now to give me relief, the GBC members . . . I shall expand into twelve more, so that they can exactly work like me. Gradually they will (be) initiators. At least first initiation
- As Krsna is all-attractive, you become attracted at least to some. Krsna is all-attractive. You cannot become all-attracted. At least you become attracted to some
- As soon as your body is manufactured, your standard of comfort and discomfort is also manufactured. In Bengal there is a proverb that yetha deoya bhange, kapala yabe sange: "Wherever you go, your fortune will go with you"
- At the present moment our consciousness is that we are working for our own sense gratification. When this consciousness will be changed, that we work for satisfying Krsna, then our lives will be complete. You haven't got to change your work or position
- Because the government was very lenient, not very strong, a demonic class of men took advantage of it and they began to create atrocities and fearfulness in Calcutta city
- Because we practically see, all the college students are hippies. Irresponsible vagabonds. If she wants her son to become like that, that is different thing. Irresponsible vagabonds, that is the present status of this country (America)
- Bhagavata never becomes old, nityam bhagavata-sevaya
- Bharata-bhumite haila manusya-janma yara, janma sarthaka kari kara para-upakara. To do good to others, para-upakara
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu has summarised all the Vaisnava philosophies in acintya-bhedabheda-tattva. Simultaneously one and difference. Some of the philosophers they say maya and Krsna they are different
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu said one thing, that "Any Indian, any man who has taken birth on the soil of Bharatavarsa, India, he has got a special duty. And that duty is to spread Krsna consciousness"
- Can you please describe the dress in which you are clothed?
- Conservative means
- Conservative means unnecessarily you catch some rules and regulation without any meaning or without any utility. That is conservative. In Sanskrit it is called niyamagraha
- Cut coat tail is the latest fashion
- Demons means one who harasses saintly persons and who does not believe in God. This is the definition of demon. So there is a class of men always who do not like saintly persons and do not believe in God. So they are demons
- Difference is generally we should not eat before the Deity. But there is another injunction, prasadah praptir matrena bhoktavyah. As soon as we get prasada you should immediately eat
- Either you stay in India or you stay in America, the bodily comforts or sense gratification, that will be achieved either in India or America. What you are destined to achieve, you will have it
- Even suduracarah, even not well behaved but unflinching faith in Krsna, sadhur eva sa mantavyah, he is sadhu. Don't consider about his misbehaviors. That is not consideration. That will be corrected. Because he has taken to Krsna consciousness
- Everyone has got experience in every country. When he has no difficulty to get money, then what he will do? He will simply drink or invent some means of intoxication, naked dance
- Familiarity breeds contempt. But in the Western countries when we speak of Krsna, they see the philosophy. They see the science and become attracted
- First behave yourself perfectly; then teach others to become perfect. That is preacher
- First of all one should know that I am neither American nor Englishman nor Indian. I am spirit soul. Then further education can be possible. So we teach from the Bhagavad-gita this principle first, the basic principle of spiritual education
- First of all our direct perception is on the sensual platform by sense perception. Just like seeing directly and seeing directly this special. And then I am seeing by hearing from others
- Four or five years ago, I came here, I had no student. I was loitering in the street. Nobody was caring for me. Now I have got hundreds and thousands of student. They are executing my order simply out of love
- From God's side there is always an attempt to make the people right. As soon as they're wrongly directed, some messenger comes like Jesus Christ or Buddha or, before Him, Lord Krsna
- GBC means now they should tour very extensive. That is the first principle, the GBC. Not sit down one place and pass resolution. No. They must be active. They must act like me
- Generally the people in pilgrimages like Vrndavana, they have taken this religiousness as a profession to earn money, just like other businessmen do. That is cheating
- God and we living entities all of us are persons, individual persons (indistinct). So all of us living entities person-to-person, God is the supreme person
- God is omnipotent. As soon as He understands that I want this, He gives me some facility so that I get it. So it is not chance
- Gradually the whole water will be dried up, and there will be no water. And in that situation all living beings will die. Then the sunshine will be more, by heating, the temperature will increase, and then everything will be burned into ashes
- I accept Caitanya Mahaprabhu because my Guru Maharaja accepted. He accepted Caitanya as Krsna; his Guru Maharaja accepted. When guru says that Caitanya is Krsna, he quotes sastra
- I am deputed by my Guru Maharaja to spread this Krsna consciousness movement in the Western world. That is his grace. He wanted that Western people, who are intelligent, they should learn what is Krsna consciousness
- I am pushing on this Krsna consciousness movement, I am doing so many things which sometimes my Godbrothers out of envy criticize. But I know what is the circumstances how to do it. They do not know it. I know my business
- I have to shed my blood three tons before I make one convinced in Krsna consciousness
- I simply advise them that you regularly chant the sixteen rounds. Not more, you cannot make... You cannot imitate Haridasa Thakura
- I wanted, "Oh, there is a miracle. If I try to preach this miracle in the world." So he has given me the facility. I never wanted the Gaudiya Matha buildings
- If guru-vaisnava blesses, even a crow can become a peacock. There is vast ocean of difference between peacock and crow. Still, by guru-vaisnava, a crow can become a peacock
- If I would have collected the money and used for my sense gratification. Then nobody would help me
- If we accept Krsna's instruction, then you are perfect, and if you go on doing something whimsically, then you are suffering. But we prefer to act whimsically according to our dictation of the senses. We do not take the dictation of Krsna
- If you are incapable of raising yourself to the standard of becoming spiritual master, that is not your spiritual master's fault, that is your fault
- In two days Dvarakadhisa distributed over a hundred (books)... Very good. That's a great service
- In what way is the external manifestation of the guru different than the external manifestation of, let us say, Krsna or Caitanya when They come to earth?
- Is it so (every one of us who are in the movement now has had some association with Lord Caitanya)?
- It doesn’t matter of whether it is Christian religion or Hindu religion or Muslim religion the formula is, sa vai pumsam paro dharmo yato bhaktir adhoksaje. That religion is first-class which teaches the follower how to love the Supreme Absolute Truth
- It is not that we are simply chanting and dancing. If you are philosopher, if you are scholar, if you are scientist, we can give you proof in a scientific way, in a philosophical way, scholarly way; therefore these books are there
- It is not that woman cannot be acarya. Generally, they do not become. In very special case. But Jahnavi-devi was accepted as, but she did not declare
- It seems like that it's the nature of all living entities to be mad after something
- Just like I am head of this institution, but I am not dealing as proprietor. I am dealing as manager, head. Is it not? And all my assistants, they are also working in that capacity. If I would have been proprietor, then they would not have been interested
- Just like Ravana captured Laksmi. Defied Rama, Narayana, and captured Laksmi. He thought, "I don't care for Narayana; I care for Laksmi." The result was that he became vanquished. Life, property and everything - sons, daughters, all family
- Lord Caitanya, He was a different type of guru than you were?
- Lord Caitanya, He was not a guru, He was different than guru? Was He also an incarnation at the same...?
- Lord Nityananda (if a woman is perfect in Krsna consciousness... Just like Jahnava-devi, Lord Nityananda's wife, she was acarya. She was acarya. She was controlling the whole Vaisnava community)?
- Maya immediately orders a fully fit body. He wants to eat stool, "All right, here give him this body." He wants to drink fresh blood, "All right, give him this body." He wants to harm people without any offence, "All right, give it to him."
- Mayapur we are constructing a big temple. And Vrndavana also. So, for maintenance of the temple perpetually, I want to purchase some property in Los Angeles, because here, Los Angeles, property gets nice income
- Mrgari the hunter
- My blessings are there, you do it, try. Just like Guru Maharaja gave blessings to everyone, but if they do not try, what can be done?
- My Godbrothers are envious because they could not do even half of Guru Maharaja's work, and I am doing ten times. So therefore they are envious. So if an ordinary man like me can do ten times, you are Americans - twenty times, then you are successful
- My Guru Maharaja did not travel all over the world, so I have got double energy than him. So you must triple energy, four times energy than me. Then actually disciple
- My Guru Maharaja used to say, if somebody takes the salagrama and breaks peanuts, there is no devotion
- My mission is for the Western country, but it is not meant for any particular country, nation; it is meant for every living entity
- My only request is that all the leaders of the society, they should come forward, study this movement and take to it. That will be beneficial
- One thing I shall request you, that our missionary activities, we are not exactly businessmen. You see? Our only idea is these books are published for missionary activities
- One thing is that he says that it is from Buddhism. So where is the authoritative statement in the Buddhism about Panca-tattva? That he has not mentioned
- Others may eat your children and you eat others' children... That day will come, that is stated. These animal eaters will eat now one another's children
- Our students do not even smoke, do not drink tea coffee nothing. They do not go to cinema, no club, no restaurant
- Outlines of thought are already there. You read one line, you can speak half an hour. They are so full of meaning. Provided you can express the meanings
- Perhaps if I would have joined from 1922, by the blessings of Guru Maharaja, I could do more preaching work. Anyway, it is better late than never
- Prabhupada, I've heard that every one of us who are in the movement now has had some association with Lord Caitanya. Is it so?
- Prabhupada, is Lord Caitanya always carrying on sankirtana in the spiritual world?
- Practically we are standing by the sales of our books and literature
- Rascaldom is not good, but when it is practiced by Krsna, because He's absolute good, that rascaldom is also good. That one has to understand
- Religion means to abide by the orders of God. Simple thing. And this obedience to the laws of God will be automatically performed if everyone loves his dormant love for God
- Saintly person means they should be interested with the public welfare, real public welfare. And public welfare means every citizens should be Krsna conscious, and then they will be happy both materially and spiritually
- Simple boys and girls. But their devotion is exalted, because they did not know anything beyond Krsna. That's all. Krsna is their life. Never mind to know that Krsna is God or not
- So far designation is concerned, the spiritual master authorizes every one of his disciple. But it is up to the disciple to carry out the order, able to carry out or not. It is not that spiritual master is partial, he designates one and rejects other
- So far our economic condition is concerned, as I explained yesterday, that one is destined to certain material comforts and discomforts, according to his body - already he has got
- So we should deeply study this fact, that people are struggling very hard, expanding themselves for achieving riches and wealth, but they're not satisfied
- Sometimes after many, many years, a bad king would come. Throughout the history, at least in Srimad-Bhagavatam, we find this one king only, Vena, who declared the sacrifice, charity illegal
- That is the first principle, the GBC. Not sit down in one place and pass resolution. No, they must be active. They must act like me. As I am old man, I am traveling all over the world
- The human life is a chance to understand God in the lower animal life there is no such chance
- The Indians who are outside India, they have got a special duty
- The leaders of the society, if it is serious, will adopt this, in the educational system, in their private life. In that way they shall ask some question, then it will benefit. Otherwise it will be simply a show
- The majority of the students, they are becoming irresponsible vagabonds. Is it not?
- The singular number person God is supplying the necessities of all others
- The son inherits mother's quality, and the daughter inherits father's quality. So because the grandfather of Vena Maharaja was a bad man, his daughter means Sunitha, the mother of Vena, she became bad
- There is another saintly compassion, "Never mind he has done so much mischievous activities, this king, still it is our duty to go to him and give him good advice so that all these disturbances may be stopped and people will become happy"
- These four books will give you all guidance
- This institution, ISKCON will give to the world so many valuable jewels. There is no comparison
- This is Bhagavata communism. The communists are thinking in terms of their own country. But we, a devotee, we think in terms of all living entities, wherever he is, either in the sky or in the land or in the water
- This is the biggest institution of spiritual activities so everyone of us should be spiritually strong. Otherwise, superficially if we want to manage, it will not be possible
- This is Vaisnava philosophy. "Krsna may be very cruel, but I cannot withdraw my love for Him." This is real love. "If Krsna benefits me, then I will love," then that is not love; that is business
- Those Indians who are here, it is all right you are earning for some economic development, but at the same time, you try to make your life perfect by Krsna consciousness and spread it to the foreigners as far as possible. That's your duty
- Thoughts and the effects of such revolutionary literature is required. Not the grammatical. The so-called rascals, they are concerned with the grammatical. But those who are actually worker, they are concerned with the thoughts
- We accept Krsna as God. Even by His activities He is not ordinary. He had to meet so many dangers before He was accepted God. From childhood, when He was baby, just three months old, He had to struggle. He had to struggle with His position as God
- We are believer in God. You see. So we know God is the original father. He is supplying maintenance for everyone. So there is no question of increasing population
- We have to become swans, raja-hamsa , paramahamsa , paramahamsa . Paramo nirmatsaranam. Then you can understand Krsna consciousness. If you remain crows, then you cannot, that is not possible
- We have to give some service so long the body is there, otherwise what shall I do with the property?
- We have to leave all this material world
- We say that in whatever occupation you may be, try to find out some time and chant Hare Krsna. This is our preaching. So it will help you
- We say that there is necessity of a putra, or a son; therefore to have a son, a wife is necessary. Therefore wife is accepted. This is a plan
- We want that people see us and chant Hare Krsna. That we want. Simply by seeing us they will remember Hare Krsna. That is great advancement. Indirectly that is our propaganda, chanting Hare Krsna
- We're miserable. We never get satisfaction
- What class of men did Lord Caitanya teach about?
- What is the difference between our activities and others' activities? We are using everything: table, chair, bed, this tape recorder, typewriter. So what is the difference? The difference is that we are using everything for Krsna
- Wherever we are opening our branches, it is our only business that we are requesting people to chant Hare Krsna or Radha-Krsna. We don't want anything
- Wherever you go, your fortune will go with you
- Whether you are developing your God consciousness, love for God, that is our test. And you'll see, in our process within so short time, how they are becoming God conscious
- Why should you voluntarily go and be attacked? It is not that a devotee should take physical risk so long he has got some physical body. It is not a challenge to the physical laws: "Oh, I have become a devotee. I challenge everything." That's foolishness
- Why this ordinary question to be repeatedly made and I answer? A waste of time. This is a serious movement. One should be responsible men, leaders of the society. If you want to take some benefit out of this movement, they should question
- Yes, we are doing everything for Krsna, but whether by that thing Krsna is pleased, that is to be seen. That is bhakti. Otherwise, you cannot do without Krsna. That's a fact
- Yes. Love. That I explained - love. We have got our love in store. But instead of loving Krsna, we have distributed the love in so many ways, and frustrated. Love is there in store. That is reserved for Krsna
- You are all Australian. Why you are all Australian? Or you are all individual. How you become all Australian, merge into the Australian conception? Because as Australian, you have one interest
- You can defend yourself from the onslaught of the nature by surrendering to God. Otherwise there is no way. So people should learn this art, how to surrender to God, then every protection is there
- You can simply use what is given to you. You cannot claim other's property. Just like in animal life, animal life, they do not claim that "This is my country." The birds, they do not claim, but they live very peacefully
- You love the poor people but not the poor animals. Therefore your love is so limited and defective. And Krsna conscious person not only loves the poor man but he loves the poor animals also - poor beast, insect, ants; he is so upright and so broadminded
- You read regularly, Nectar of Devotion, regularly. All these books should be regularly read. That will give you guidance. You haven't got to ask repeatedly to me; everything is there