Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Prabhupada Speaks - Morning Walks, 1977
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Morning Walks, 1977"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- And I think, sir, even Sankaracarya has not meant that we must be short of that. He was also worshiping, was he not? He was worshiping Para-brahman
- And why should they object if we decide to surrender to one authority?
- Around all the holy places I always see a lot of monkeys and cows in India. Is there some reason, special, about... I mean, cows, there's obvious reason, but what about the monkeys? Why are they around the holy places?
- Building is not very important. Work is important. Activity is important. I started my movement not with buildings, but real activity. So building is opulence. You can do without opulence. You can start anything, even underneath a tree
- But because this is the age of Kali, even if the Krsna consciousness movement spreads and even captures governments, how can we stop individual people from doing this (sinful life)?
- But is it not correct, Srila Prabhupada, that Paramatma is the (...) is behind?
- I am asking so much here and..., "Farm, farm, farm, farm." That is not my program -- Krsna's program. Annad bhavanti bhutani. Produce greenness everywhere, everywhere. Vrndavana. It is not this motorcar civilization
- I shall choose some guru. I shall say, "Now you become acarya. You become authorized." I am waiting for that. You become all acarya. I retire completely. But the training must be complete
- If my mother would not have been little strict, I would not have gotten any education. My father was very lenient. So she used to force me. One man would take me to school
- If the guru and father and the government, they are themselves rascals and fools, how they will guide? And that is the position. General public, they require guidance, but the guides themselves are rascals and fools, cheaters, bluffers
- If you work hard, Laksmi will come. Our institution is working so hard, all our devotees; therefore we have no scarcity. We are not babajis, taking a mala & smoking bidi. "I do not go beyond Vrndavana." Rascal, loitering & associating with so many women
- In the human society the preacher is Krsna's most dear servant. What is the reason for that, Srila Prabhupada?
- Isn't Brahman the source of the light?
- It is what? Sarva-dharman parityajya?
- So if someone wanted to be, say, a Christian in the Krsna conscious..., a society led by a Krsna conscious person, if someone wanted to be a Christian, would he be chastised?
- So they ask us, "Have you seen God?"
- Swamiji, I get two thoughts. Number one: having acquired a family, I am willing to renounce, but would I not be running away from the responsibility, in the name of Lord Krsna, for the bringing up and educating the children?
- That is their (the scientists) poor fund of knowledge. A gentleman will accept, "Yes, we do not know." But they, in roundabout way, in order to keep their position, they'll bluff. That is most dangerous, bluffing
- The child may be foolish, but father-mother cannot see that their child will remain a fool. He can force. Government also. Why there is military force? Why there is police force? If you want to be outlaw, then you'll be forced to accept the law
- They (girls from the city) want the cinema and all of the other things. They don't want to work hard. Farm life means to work hard. You have to get out and milk the cows, so many things. They don't want to do this
- They ask, "What is the force that combined matter and the atma, matter and life, matter and the jiva or atma? What is the force behind it?"
- They criticize this in ISKCON, that the leaders pick out husband and wife... And that they're not allowed to mix freely. They say, "Well how do you know who you want to marry unless you can mix with that person?"
- This is not my business to make intimate relation with woman and get money. I could do. There was chance. When attempt was failed, the man who introduced that woman to me, he one day said, "I have seen many swamis, but none like you"
- This subject matter is called "mind-body problem." The mind sometimes they compare as spirit or soul in some Western philosophical circles
- What about say a Buddhist who practices ahimsa... (in a Krsna conscious country, would he be chastised)?
- What about the cows that they slaughter? Do they have to continue in a cow birth?
- What about the idea that "You do not have to move into a temple, give up your family and everything, but you can actually chant Hare Krsna in your own home," that idea that "It is available to you..."?
- What was that story of Caesar (scissors)?
- What we have renounced? We have renounced... We are using the motorcar, we are using this machine, we are eating, we are sleeping in nice room - what is the renouncement? Only renouncement is no connection with woman
- When I was a child my father gave me one red gun, and then I was not more than eight years. Then, after getting one, I said, "I must have another one"
- Which book would you like to have translated into Russian?