Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, 1967
- ♫ Click into a page that catches your attention and start hearing short audio clips of Srila Prabhupada's Vani. Each page has an audio clip of between 1 to 15 minutes.
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, 1967"
The following 96 pages are in this category, out of 96 total.
- A bona fide spiritual master means there is no difference of instruction from the original instructor and down to this point. He's bona fide spiritual master. So therefore you have to select. If you actually want to make progress in Krsna consciousness
- A devotee is praying to the Lord that "My dear Lord, I have experienced that I came to enjoy this material world, but actually I am being kicked up." "By whom you are kicked up?" Kamadinam. Kama, krodha, lobha
- According to Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the so-called Vedanta societies, the so-called, I mean to say, learned scholars on Vedanta, they are not actually Vedanta scholars. They are all fools and rascals. Because Vedanta-sutra is very difficult to understand
- All boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen who are in this meeting, they have got this faith, sraddha. It is understood. Otherwise, why you have come here? Unless you have got little faith, you would not have come (to hear me)
- And it is very easy. And you can do in happy mood. And what is the process? We chant Hare Krsna and eat Krsna-prasada and study Bhagavad-gita philosophy, hear nice musical sounds. Is it very difficult? Is it very difficult? Not at all
- And where? Pranipata. Where you will find a person that "He is... Here is a person where I can surrender"? Then that means we have to make a little test where to surrender. That much knowledge you must have
- Anxious to learn from the spiritual master?
- As soon as my money is gone out of my hand, I have no control
- As soon as we are in touch with Krsna, in Krsna consciousness, the result will be that we shall lose our material attraction. Those who are falling down from Krsna consciousness again to the material attraction, that means they are not serious
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part one - Durlabha manava-janama. Durlabha means very rare to obtain. Manava-janma means this human form of life. It comes after a very long rotation
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part two - Abhilasa means aspiration, hope, or ambition. He (Govinda dasa) is ambitious of becoming a devotee in nine different ways
- Bilvamangala and the prostitute Cintamani
- Brahma is the first creature in this universe. He is the first living entity. He accepts his inability to understand about Krsna, and what to speak of others
- Brahma, transcendental Brahman realization. The reservoir of Brahman realization is here, Krsna. So these boys who are playing with this Krsna, He is the reservoir of that Brahman realization
- Brahma-nistham means
- Brahman realization is also very high position. It is not ordinary thing, that "I am not this body. I am Brahman." This realization is not ordinary realization. It is also realized after purification of the mind. But that is also not sufficient
- Buddhih means intelligence. Jnanam means knowledge. Asammohah means freedom from illusion. Ksama. Ksama, forgiveness. Satyam, truth. Damah. Damah means controlling the senses, and samah, to keep the mind equibalanced
- By nature, we are lover of God, but here, being illusioned, we think God as our enemy and we don't like God. We like this maya
- By simple chanting of this transcendental vibration the people of this age will make exact progress in the matter of spiritual realization....Those who are hopeless about their spiritual realization, Lord Caitanya is the only one hope
- By this process you'll be asammudhah. Nobody can cheat you. But if you want to be cheated there are so many cheaters. So don't make a cheater and cheated society. Just follow the parampara system as it is prescribed in the Vedic literature
- Don't surrender to any nonsense. You have to... And how that intelligent or nonsense can be found out? That is also mentioned in the sastra. That is mentioned in the Katha Upanisad
- Don't take it that I am criticizing you. Just I am analyzing the fact. So this should be utilized. This is called intelligence. This is called jnana. This is called free from bewilderment
- Dvisatah means there is a class who are always envious of God. As soon as you speak something about God, they become fire: "Oh, what is this God nonsense?"
- Everyone is trying to be happy by his work. A man, ordinary worker, he is also trying to be happy by working, and a great capitalist, he is also trying to be happy by work. But Bhagavad-gita says that they are trying to be happy in what sense?
- Everyone is trying to get himself free from anxieties, but he does not know how to get out of this anxiety. This taking shelter of intoxication is no use to get oneself free from anxieties. It is a drug. It is oblivion
- Everyone, I shall request you to chant Hare Krsna. We have enjoyed so many lives in the past, or suffered. Now, this life, at least one life may be devoted for chanting Hare Krsna and see the result. That is our request
- Gandhi, he wanted to prove, from Bhagavad-gita, nonviolence. The Bhagavad-gita is being preached in the battlefield, and it is completely violence. How he can prove? Therefore he is dragging the meaning out
- God and God's devotees, wherever they are, the same transcendental abode, God's place, Goloka Vrndavana, is manifested there
- God expanded Himself as the living entities for enjoyment, reciprocal, not that God's own enjoyment. When there is question of enjoyment, all the parties who participate in a particular type of enjoyment, they enjoy
- God is never dead. Krsna is never dead, as some of the modern philosophers, they are putting forward the philosophy of "God is dead." God is dead for those who are following the owl philosophy
- God is not understandable even by the demigods and by the great sages. What is our teeny efforts?
- Gopa. Krsna, you know, in His abode, He is just like a sixteen-years-old boy, and His main pastime is to take the cows in the pasturing ground with His friends, boyfriends, and play with them. This is Krsna's day's business
- I am speaking to you of my personal experience how this eagerness of hearing is a very important thing
- I asked my mother in my childhood, "My dear mother, how did I come out from your belly?" I still remember. So my mother showed me her navel: "You come out from this place"
- I was simply inquiring from other disciples of my spiritual master. At that time I was not a disciple. "So when His Holiness will speak?"
- If I am still in illusion, then I should understand that my business in Krsna consciousness is not progressing; this is the test
- If I close my eyes, I cannot see with my ears. But about the Supreme Personality of Godhead it is said that He can see with His ears, He can see with His hand, and He can hear with His hand. He can do anything from any part of His body. That is spiritual
- If we are sincerely in Krsna consciousness, that Krsna is always with us, He gives us protection, His mercy is there. Everything is there. With this conviction, we should continue Krsna consciousness
- If we don't adopt the process and simply waste our time by intoxication and speculation and all nonsensical activities, oh, that is not possible ever. You'll never understand what is God
- If you find out such person, then surrender there. Pranipata. And try to serve him, try to please him, and question him. The whole thing will reveal. You have to find out such an authoritative person and surrender unto him
- If you think, "Oh, this, this svamiji, or the spiritual master, is less intelligent than me or less educated than me or less in so many ways," then you cannot select a spiritual master
- It requires some expert brain, how to play gamble. So that expertness, that part of expert endeavor, is Krsna
- Just like Krsna is dressed, similarly, His friends, cowherd boys, they are also dressed. In the spiritual world, when you go, you'll not be able to understand who is Krsna and who is not Krsna. Everyone is like Krsna
- Just like weeds in the field. They appeared completely dried up. There is no more. But as soon as there are drops of rain, oh, again it becomes green
- Just like your American country, it has a date of its beginning. Now it is staying. Now it will be, some day will come, there will be no more America. You should know it. That means, that is nature's law
- Katha Upanisad says that tad-vijnanartham sa gurum evabhigacchet srotriyam brahma-nistham. This srotriyam means that one who is coming in disciplic succession
- Krsna abode, the planet which is called Goloka Vrndavana, that has three divisions. As we have got replica on this earth, there is Vrndavana, Mathura, and Dvaraka. Dvaraka is in Gujarat, and Mathura and Vrndavana is in U.P., Uttar Pradesh, near Delhi
- Krsna consciousness is not an artificial thing, that we have manufactured some ideas and advertising that we are Krsna conscious. No
- Krsna is both in the spiritual world and the material world. Because we represent Krsna, we are in this brahmanda conditioned
- No! There is possibility, but he does not come. Just like after putting your hand in the fire, you never put it again if you are really intelligent. So those who are going back to Godhead, they become intelligent
- Now the spiritual master is explaining, "Yes, this is the right result of chanting Hare Krsna. Unless You come to this emotional stage, transcendental emotional stage, You should know that You have not come to the perfectional stage of chanting"
- Ramananda Raya, he was also a sudra, and he was a householder and a politician, governor, but Caitanya Mahaprabhu took instruction from him. Caitanya Mahaprabhu gave him the preference of being a teacher. Ramananda Raya was hesitating
- Real worker is Krsna. We are simply instrument
- Relative name and absolute name. Krsna, if you always keep Krsna in your presence, then where is the possibility of ignorance and delusion? No, there is no possibility. This is the shortcut way of keeping Krsna always with you on your tongue - Hare Krsna
- Religion does not mean that "My religion says this. Your religion says this. Your religion says this." Religion means whether you are properly executing the will of the Supreme. That's all. This is religion
- Selection of spiritual master means first of all you must agree, "Here is a personality where I can bow down my head. Yes." Everyone is proud. Why shall he bow down before a person unless he understands that - Here is a personality who is greater than me
- Separated energy you'll understand: just like I am speaking, and my speech is being recorded in the tape recorder. So even I am not here, if you apply the machine, it will exactly speak like me. That is my energy, but now it is separated
- So don't make a cheater and cheated society. Just follow the parampara system as it is prescribed in the Vedic literature, as it is recommended by Krsna. Try to understand it from the authoritative source and try to apply it in your life
- So how Krsna consciousness acts, how this transcendental sound cleanses your heart, you may not understand in the beginning, but if you take to it and if you practice it, then you understand
- Spiritual master is the negotiator. He is the broker. Of course, without any brokerage, but he is supposed to be the broker or the transparent medium. My Guru Maharaja used to say, "the transparent media, via media"
- Srotriyam means
- Surrendering unto him means surrendering unto God because he is God's representative. But you are allowed to make questions, not to waste time, but for understanding. That is called pariprasna. These are the process. So everything is there
- Tad viddhi pranipatena pariprasnena sevaya. If you want to understand that transcendental science, then you have to follow this principle. What is that? Tad viddhi pranipatena. You have to surrender
- That is the verdict of Srimad-Bhagavatam. So long one is not a surrendered soul to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, there is no question of liberation from this material world
- The best service to the humanity is to revive his Krsna consciousness, God consciousness. That will save him. Not this little hospital or this little foodstuff. No. That cannot save him
- The krsna-katha, the Lord's name, fame, quality, entourage, all these things are very sweet. To whom? Those who are liberated from this jaundice of materialism. For them it is very sweet
- The land which is known as Vrndavana, it has also got unlimited potency. Still, as I have several times mentioned, if you go to Vrndavana you'll find unlimited potency of spiritual atmosphere still
- The speciality of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu was that He used to put very sound arguments, and He used to defeat His opponents in such a way that they were satisfied. They were not inimical. And with the evidence of sastra. Not that argumentum vaculum
- The subject matter is so nice that the devotees who are engaged in Krsna consciousness in the transcendental loving service, they like. And in the association of pure devotees these topics become palatable. There are many instances in the Bhagavata also
- The Vedanta philosophy actually belongs to the Vaisnava sampradaya because it was compiled by Vyasadeva, who is the original spiritual master of this Vaisnava sampradaya
- There are many authentic Vedic literatures. They are accepted by the spiritual societies. And one's learning is proved if he can give evidences from these Vedic literatures
- There are so many so-called swamis. They are coming, and they are preaching that "You are God. I am God." Then who is God? Everyone is God? No. Therefore you will find in the Vedic literature definition of God
- There is a Bengali, two lines: rakse krsna mare ke, mare krsna rakse ke. If Krsna, if God wants to kill somebody, oh, nobody can protect him. And if God wants to protect him, oh, nobody can kill him
- There is a very nice story. In our college days in logic class of Professor Purnachandra Sen, he cited a very nice example, that a student approached his teacher and the contract was that he wanted to become a law student, lawyer
- There must be one supreme source. That is God. Simple to understand. Is it very difficult to understand? The supreme cause, He is God
- Therefore we have established Back to Godhead. The students are allowed, whatever they are hearing, they must be thoughtful and write
- This feeling of separation will make you enriched in Krsna consciousness. Feeling of separation. Not that "Krsna, I have seen you. Finished. All right. I have understood You."
- This material nature is very powerful. You cannot protect from the onslaught of material nature. Therefore Prahlada Maharaja advising us that you try to achieve the permanent. The permanent is the soul. God is permanent
- We have established this International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Society is required. Sadhu-sanga. Just to give opportunity to persons who have got little faith to develop that faith into Krsna consciousness
- What is the proof that he has come under the disciplic succession? Brahma-nistham. Brahma-nistham means he is fully convinced about the Supreme Absolute Truth. So there you have to surrender. Pranipata
- When there is gain, don't be puffed up. You should think that this gain is for the Lord. And when there is loss, you should know that "This is not my responsibility. It is God's work. He'll see." Then you'll be happy
- Who is in Krsna consciousness, he sees everyone on the same level. How it is, that? Has he become a madman, that a highly intellectual person and the dog, he sees on the equal level? Yes. Because he is not seeing on the material platform