Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
post | posts
Pages in category "Post"
The following 124 pages are in this category, out of 124 total.
- A king, governor or president should not take the opportunity to occupy his post without also discharging his duty. He must teach the people within the state how to observe the divisions of varna and asrama
- A peon's duty is that he must sincerely carry out the order of the postmaster and deliver the letter to the proper person. That is their duty. Similarly, this parampara system is like that. Every one of us should become a spiritual master
- A woman, as bodily constituted, is naturally inferior to her husband. Thus the natural instinct is that the husband wants to post himself as superior to the wife, and this must be observed
- After due chanting I am sending both your beads by separate first class post parcel. Receive it and chant without any offense. The 10 kinds of offenses are like this...
- After you pass the examination, there is no more test. But before coming to the post of recognized devotee, Krsna tests very severely. That one has to pass
- All high government posts are especially meant for persons who are well conversant with the teachings of the Vedas. In the Vedas there are definite instructions defining how a king, commander-in-chief, soldier and citizen should behave
- All the demigods are living entities who have been appointed to their various posts as the masters of the moon, the earth, Venus and so on because of their great service and pious acts
- All these embassies and the ambassadors, they are prized post. It has no use
- Although Thakura Haridasa happened to take his birth in a Muslim family, he was elevated to the post of namacarya by Lord Caitanya due to his rigidly attended principle of chanting three hundred thousand holy names of the Lord daily
- As I suggested, Kirtanananda Maharaja should be given the top post to give honor to the position of a sannyasi
- As long as Vidura played the part of a sudra, being cursed by Manduka Muni, Aryama officiated at the post of Yamaraja to punish those who committed sinful acts
- As soon as a foolish disciple tries to overtake his spiritual master and becomes ambitious to occupy his post, he immediately falls down
- As there are many parties, Communist party, Congress party, this party, that party, so there must be one Krsna's party. Why not? Then people will be happy, if Krsna's party comes to the governmental post
- As we learn from the history of the Mahabharata, or "Greater India," the wives and daughters of the ruling class, the ksatriyas, knew the political game, but we never find that a woman was given the post of chief executive
- Because such easy going rascals are unable to assume the position of "Prabhupada" or unfit for the post, they are so envious and you are talking on their behalf. I am very sorry for this
- Because such easy going rascals are unable to assume the position of "Prabhupada'' or unfit for the post, they are so envious and you are talking on their behalf. I am very sorry for this
- Brahma holds the post of the creator of all planetary systems, but his engineering energy is generated from the abdomen of the Lord. Any creative function in the universe always has a direct connecting link with the Lord
- Brahma is also living being, but because he is very pure... This Brahma post is sometimes not available because there is no such pure living being. So Krsna becomes Himself Brahma sometimes
- Brahma said, " I think of how You are so kind, so magnanimous, that even Putana, who came to cheat You by dressing herself as a very affectionate mother, was awarded liberation and the actual post of a mother"
- Brahmaji, although eternally related with the Lord in the transcendental humor of friendship, and although entrusted with the most exalted post of creating different grades of living entities, is still conscious of his position
- By worshiping the Supreme Lord, Somadatta achieved the most exalted post, a residence on the planet to which great mystic yogis are elevated
- Dabira Khasa, who was later to become Rupa Gosvami, retired from his post and collected all the money he had accumulated during his service
- Due to their (Prabhupada's personal family) accepting the posts of zamindars in the Muslim government, they received the title Mullik. Similarly, Rupa, Sanatana and Vallabha were also given the title Mullik. Mullik means "lord"
- During the period of Svayambhuva Manu (the present period is of Vaivasvata Manu) there was no suitable living being who could occupy the post of Indra, the King of the Indraloka (heaven) planet
- Eligible to occupy the post of a guru
- Evam parampara-praptam - who? Rajarsayoh. They are king, but just like saintly persons. That is king, not a loafer class is elevated to the royal post. Rajarsayoh. Although they're holding the post of a king for administration, they're just like rsi
- Even if one reaches the post of Indra, Candra, or any other demigod, he must be dissolved at a certain stage. A devotee is never interested in such temporary pleasure
- Exalted executive post
- He (Rupa Gosvami) and his brother Sanatana were then named Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika respectively, and they held responsible posts as ministers of Nawab Hussain Shah
- He said, "The King has excused me for the balance due. He has reappointed me to my post by honoring me with this silken cloth and has doubled my salary"
- High government officers and ministers stick to their prize posts until death, and they neither dream nor desire to get out of homely comforts. Bound by such hallucinations, materialistic men prepare various plans for a still more comfortable life
- Hiranyakasipu was a well-known demon, and the demigods knew that if demons and Raksasas were to occupy the supreme post, brahminical culture and protection of cows would come to an end
- I am counting every moment for starting the Temple of Sri Sri Radha Krishna and here is the opportunity now which we must utilize without delay. Please therefore reply this letter immediately per return of post and oblige
- I am glad to hear that some progress is being made for getting that house in Malaysia. Please keep me posted as things progress in this regard
- I authorize the Postmaster of Vrndavana to deliver registered insured articles, parcels and money orders addressed to me to my messenger, Sri Tamal Krsna Gosvami
- I did not know that he took it very seriously. Then after two, three months, some documents came. I was receiving my letters in a postbox
- I know the BBT, Negotiations with Dai Nippon and financial matters are being taken care of even though Karandhara has left his post. Your desire to give me relief from having to worry about these matters shows that you have understood my desires
- I understand from a letter from Gurudasa that you have elections for officers for your temple, and the men filling the posts are all very well suited for their position
- If a person is posted under the guidance of a bona fide spiritual master, it may be accepted without any doubt that the desiring person has achieved the grace of the Lord
- If a person is posted under the guidance of such a bona fide spiritual master, it may be accepted without any doubt that the desiring person has achieved the grace of the Lord
- If all people became Krsna conscious they would vote for persons of the category of Dhruva Maharaja. If the post of chief executive were occupied by such a Vaisnava, all the problems of satanic government would be solved
- If in a kalpa a suitable living entity is not available to take charge of Brahma's post, the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself personally expands and becomes Lord Brahma
- If one argues that since cow dung is pure, the stool of a learned brahmana is still more pure, his argument will not be accepted. Cow dung is accepted, and the stool of a highly posted brahmana is rejected
- If they are offered a post like Mine in My abode, or opulence like Mine, or even personal association with Me with similar bodily features, they refuse to accept because they are satisfied simply by being engaged in My devotional service
- If you do not know, then why do you take the post of teacher? This is our proposition
- In a democracy no one is trained like a prince; instead, politicians are voted to responsible posts of administration by diplomatic arrangements
- In modern politics the post of monarch has been abolished, and the president is not held responsible for the comforts of the citizens
- In reply to your Bengali letter registered posted to Delhi, I have advised the president of the Mayapur center to do the needful. The copy is enclosed and you can see personally
- In the name of secular government, unqualified people are taking the supreme governmental posts. No one is being trained to act according to the principles of varnasrama-dharma, and thus people are becoming increasingly degraded
- It had been decided that Ramananda Raya would resign from his post as governor and return to Jagannatha Puri to live with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It is only for Your sake that Ramananda Raya resigned from the governorship of South India and Sanatana Gosvami gave up his post as minister
- Just after his passing away, his leading secretaries made plans, without authority, to occupy the post of acarya, and they split into two factions over who the next acarya would be
- Just as a highly posted manager is almost as independent as the owner of a firm, Brahma is described here as independent because, as the Lord's representative to control the universe, he is almost as powerful and independent as the Supreme Personality
- Just like a bank clerk or a bank cashier should be satisfied with his post and the wages he gets. He should be satisfied. If God pleases he will be elevated to higher position. That is God's grace. But we should not be disturbed
- Just on the point of posting this letter I have received one package from you containing the certificate form and letter. It is very nice
- Krsna replied, "Because of Haihaya, Nahusa, Vena & Ravana's false perception of their positions, they fell from their exalted posts & they no longer remained kings of their respective kingdoms & were lost in the violence of abominable conditioned life"
- Krsna replied, "In the past there were many rebellious kings, such as Haihaya, Nahusa, Vena, Ravana & Narakasura. Some of them were demigods & some were demons, but because of their false perception of their positions, they fell from their exalted posts"
- Lamentation and illusion are described herein as dvi-kubara, the two posts of bondage
- Leaders of the government must be very honest and religious because otherwise all the affairs of the state will suffer. Unfortunately, in the name of democracy, rogues and thieves are electing other rogues and thieves to the most important posts
- Lord Brahma wanted to be saved from that pitfall of pride, although he was posted in the most exalted position within the universe
- Maharaja Priyavrata also had a second wife, in whom he begot three sons named Uttama, Raivata and Tamasa who were all elevated to the post of Manu
- Material, suppose if you have to accept the post of high-court judge, then you have to gradually qualify yourself. But spiritually, if you immediately engage yourself in the service of the Lord, then you become a high-court judge immediately
- Modern presidents, governors and chief executive officers are all unworthy of their posts because they are not conversant with Vedic administrative knowledge and they do not take direction from great saintly persons and brahmanas
- My dear Uddhava, a person whose consciousness is completely absorbed in My thought and activities does not aspire even to occupy the post of Brahma, or the post of Indra, or the post of lordship over the planets, or the eight kinds of mystic perfections
- One who accepts the post of spiritual master neutralizes the sinful reactions of the yajamana, the one on whose behalf he performs yajna. Thus the results of the pious acts previously performed by the priest or spiritual master are diminished
- One who desires stability in his post should worship the horizon and the earth combined
- One who fills this post must be ideal in behavior, for Brahma sets the example for all living entities. Brahma, the living entity who is the most pious and spiritually elevated, is entrusted with a post next to that of the Personality of Godhead
- Otherwise, guru is not a, so cheap post that everyone can become guru. Similarly, here is the challenge, that "If you are representative of Dharmaraja, you must explain what is dharma and what is adharma
- Persons promoted to the post of the administrator without proper training by culture and tradition
- Please arrange to receive the goods and forward to New York by any one of your freighters. And also let me know by return of post your authorized clearing and forwarding agent
- Post of acarya
- Posted as different executives
- Ramananda Raya was still serving at his government post; therefore when Bhavananda Raya went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he went with his other four sons. They were named Vaninatha, Gopinatha, Kalanidhi and Sudhanidhi
- Real intelligent men, or qualified brahmanas, never aspire for political posts
- Recently this has been proven in America, where the president had to be condemned and dragged down from his post by the citizens. This is only one case, but there are many others
- Sanaka Muni addressed the Lord as follows, "As such, why should persons with this knowledge (of Your transcendental position) be attracted by a post in the heavenly kingdom?"
- Sanaka Muni addressed the Lord as follows, "Because they (auspicious persons) are so transcendentally enriched, they do not care to accept even the post of Indra, the heavenly King"
- Sanaka Muni addressed the Lord as follows, "They know that the post of the King of heaven is also fearful, whereas for those who are engaged in glorifying Your transcendental qualities there is only joyfulness and freedom from all danger"
- Santanu's minister Asvavara had instigated some brahmanas to induce Devapi to transgress the injunctions of the Vedas and thus make himself unfit for the post of ruler
- Sometimes the Supreme Personality of Godhead has to become Brahma when there is no suitable living being to occupy the post
- Sometimes, when there is a scarcity of living entities to take charge of Brahma's post, Maha-Visnu expands Himself as Lord Brahma
- That was the position of the two brothers, Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika. They belonged to the highly situated sarasvata-brahmana community, but they were ostracized due to their acceptance of ministerial posts in the government of Hussain Shah
- The brahmanas deviated Devapi from the path of the Vedic principles, and therefore when asked by Santanu he did not agree to accept the post of ruler. On the contrary, he blasphemed the Vedic principles and therefore became fallen
- The conclusion is that the demigods are not independently powerful: they are posted as different executives under the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and they eat prasadam, or the remnants of sacrifices
- The contemporary socialist's conception of a competitionless society is artificial because in the socialist state there is competition for the post of dictator
- The demigods are also ordinary living entities, but due to their faithfulness - their devotional service attitude - they have been promoted to such posts
- The idea is that whoever is competent to manage affairs will accept the post of president by mutual consent. Our main business is to be fixed up in Krsna Consciousness by keeping steady in the prescribed duties of devotional service
- The karmis, they are more and more becoming entangled: "Give me this, give me that, give me that"; ultimately, "Give me the post of Brahma," "Give me the post of Indra." So their business is simply "give me"
- The Lord, accompanied by His sons named the Yamas and by all the other demigods, killed the demons and Raksasas. He then took the post of Indra and began to rule the heavenly kingdom
- The Nagapatnis said, "We have heard from authoritative sources that those who are blessed with the dust of Your lotus feet do not care even for the highest post within the universe, namely the post of Lord Brahma, or the kingship of the heavenly planets"
- The politician never retires from politics, even if he has enjoyed many covetable posts, like those of minister or president. The older he is, the more he is attached to his false prestige
- The post of Brahma is the highest responsible post within the universe, and it is offered to the most perfect personality of the universe
- The post of Brahma is the supermost post in the universe, and it appears that there are many Brahmas and many universes besides the one in which we are situated
- The presidents should not give up their posts, but GBC work must go on and temple activities be maintained simultaneously. So now you have experienced practically that your responsibility for temple upkeep must not be set aside for GBC business
- The sages said, "Dear Lord Yadunandana, we may inform You that we brahmanas posted Romaharsana Suta on that exalted position for the duration of this great sacrifice"
- The socialist’s idea of a society devoid of competition is artificial because even in the socialist states there is competition for the post of dictator
- The various names of the demigods - Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Indra and so on - are not personal names; they are names of different posts
- The word ksatra-bandhu refers to the so-called administrators or persons promoted to the post of the administrator without proper training by culture and tradition. Nowadays they are promoted to such exalted posts by the votes of the people
- There are many people all over the world who claim for some time that they are husbands, political leaders or guardians, but in due course of time the Supreme Lord desires their removal from their posts, and their careers are immediately finished
- There is ample opportunity for spreading this original Indian cultural movement all over the world, and because you have interest in it, I shall be very glad to hear from you by return of post how you can cooperate in this world wide movement
- They (Sanatana and Rupa Gosvami) resigned the high post of ministership and joined Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for pushing on and on this Krsna consciousness movement
- They should learn from the Srimad-Bhagavatam how ideal the administrators must be before they can be given charge of different posts
- This human form of life is meant for realization of the Supreme Brahman, the Absolute Truth, or, in other words, human life is meant for one's elevation to the post of a brahmana
- We (Jamadagni and Parasurama) are all brahmanas & have become worshipable for the people in general because of our quality of forgiveness. It is because of this quality that Lord Brahma, the supreme spiritual master of this universe, has achieved his post
- We find in Vedic history that if a ksatriya king was irresponsible, sometimes a consulting board of brahmanas maintained by the monarchy would dethrone him. Considering all these points, it appears that the post of monarch is a very responsible one
- We find that King Priyavrata had to be persuaded by Lord Brahma to accept the post of emperor of the entire universe. Similarly, his father, Svayambhuva Manu, felt relieved to entrust the universal government to Priyavrata
- We learn from the history of the Mahabharata, or "Greater India," the wives and daughters of the ruling class, the ksatriyas, knew the political game, but we never find that a woman was given the post of chief executive
- We may find some mailboxes on the street, and if we post our letters in those boxes, they will naturally go to their destination without difficulty. But any old box which is not authorized by the post office, will not do the work
- Weakness is hypocrisy. If you are weak, you cannot become priest. Because you are teacher, religious teacher. You should not take that post. That is hypocrisy
- Well, everyone is in a bona fide disciplic succession provided he keeps that tradition, keeps that tradition. Apani acari prabhu jive sikhaila. One must behave that "I belong to this disciplic succession. I must keep myself fit for the post"
- When a person is elevated to this state of endurance, he thinks as follows: "I do not wish to be a highly posted government servant. I shall be satisfied even if I have to eat food collected by begging"
- When Dhruva Maharaja went to perform austerities, he was very determined to achieve a post never dreamed of by his forefathers. His father was Uttanapada, his grandfather was Manu, and his great-grandfather was Lord Brahma
- When Yamaraja incarnated himself as Vidura, his post was officiated by Aryama, one of the many sons of Kasyapa and Aditi
- Woman is never given any responsible post. That is the opinion of the greatest politician in the history of the world, Canakya Pandita
- You go on posting leaflets regularly at least daily 100 to the addresses of respectable gentlemen taking from an authorized mailing list or else from the telephone book. After a week from the posting date you can ask the gentlemen by phone as follows
- You may go there again and take some responsible post for correcting the situation, that will be your real duty, not that there is some disagreement and I go away disgusted, no. That is not Vaisnava standard
- You should take your post of temple president as a very serious matter. It is your responsibility to always exhibit a Krsna conscious example